12 hours ago, gooser said:

1.  Invalid JSON. Did you edit any files?

2. JContainers issue. Version?

LE or SE ?

1. No I didn't edit any files of Apropos 2. Or do you mean another mod?

2. It says Version "JContainers 3.3.RC.3" in Mod Organizer. I think it's the newest version. Could it be a load order issue?

3. I am using LE.

HELP ME 

Hello, Face tattoos absolutely do not work for me, although I set my wear and tear level to the highest for the face, it only works on my body, you will see in the screenshots. As additional information I adjusted NiOverride.ini based on the suggestions I found on this page, bPlayerOnly=1 ; Default[1] bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[0] Also, the result did not change even if I set the default of bEnableFaceOverlays to 1. I use the CBBE body type. I am using SlaveTats. Please help me with tears and mascara :D

1 hour ago, s1mpleeee said:

HELP ME 

Hello, Face tattoos absolutely do not work for me, although I set my wear and tear level to the highest for the face, it only works on my body, you will see in the screenshots. As additional information I adjusted NiOverride.ini based on the suggestions I found on this page, bPlayerOnly=1 ; Default[1] bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[0] Also, the result did not change even if I set the default of bEnableFaceOverlays to 1. I use the CBBE body type. I am using SlaveTats. Please help me with tears and mascara :D

Literally in the OP.

Face Tats not appearing at all:

2 things to check:

1. The NIOverride.ini disables face overlays by default (whether from RaceMenu or NIOverride).  This is due to a CTD caused when PC (or NPC) is beheaded in a kill move while having an overlay applied.  To enable it, open the NIOverride.ini and find the setting bEnableFaceOverlays and set to 1.
  2.  Not enough face overlay slots.  Default is set to 3.  Remember that the overlays are used by all tattoo/overlay mods, so if you applied face tats in the RaceMenu, that reduces the number of overlays available to SlaveTats.  You can increase that number of face tats in the same NIOverride.ini.
2 hours ago, DavidWillers said:

1. No I didn't edit any files of Apropos 2. Or do you mean another mod?

2. It says Version "JContainers 3.3.RC.3" in Mod Organizer. I think it's the newest version. Could it be a load order issue?

3. I am using LE.

1. Some people customize their databases and can introduce Json validation errors.

2. I would enable Debug and Trace in Apropos MCM, run a few scenes, then post both D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus0.log and D:\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\User\Apropos0.log (those are the log locations on my system).

3. OK

18 minutes ago, gooser said:

Literally in the OP.

Face Tats not appearing at all:

2 things to check:

1. The NIOverride.ini disables face overlays by default (whether from RaceMenu or NIOverride).  This is due to a CTD caused when PC (or NPC) is beheaded in a kill move while having an overlay applied.  To enable it, open the NIOverride.ini and find the setting bEnableFaceOverlays and set to 1.
  2.  Not enough face overlay slots.  Default is set to 3.  Remember that the overlays are used by all tattoo/overlay mods, so if you applied face tats in the RaceMenu, that reduces the number of overlays available to SlaveTats.  You can increase that number of face tats in the same NIOverride.ini.

Thank you for your response. But I've already set this up, as I said I followed many of the suggestions found on this page. Still no results :(

8 minutes ago, s1mpleeee said:

Thank you for your response. But I've already set this up, as I said I followed many of the suggestions found on this page. Still no results :(

You set the number of slots in #2 as well? You usually have to increase that number.

32 minutes ago, s1mpleeee said:

My settings are as follows, and thank you again for your reply 

1.png

2.png

Great. Looks pretty high. Do you have a lot overlay layers already ? You might have exceeded the limit. Makeup, blush, etc?

1 hour ago, gooser said:

Great. Looks pretty high. Do you have a lot overlay layers already ? You might have exceeded the limit. Makeup, blush, etc?

I've increased the limit a little more, I'll try it when I'm available and let you know.
And thank you very much for your answers :)

19 hours ago, gooser said:

Information; I fixed the solution by installing version 3.4.4 of Racemenu, I guess version 3.4.5 didn't work for me at all. Thanks again for your answers :) 

2 hours ago, s1mpleeee said:

Information; I fixed the solution by installing version 3.4.4 of Racemenu, I guess version 3.4.5 didn't work for me at all. Thanks again for your answers :) 

Interesting! I haven't used LE in a while so I'm a bit out of touch with the RM LE versioning.

I wish there was a way to pin your reply for others.

Something in this mod causes the Skintextures for W&T to turn my entire character's body purple from the neck down. I know it's this because as soon as I disabled it, the problem went away. Any idea what the might be? I've heard that purple skin textures like this are the result of texture files not being where they're supposed to be, so I suspect it's something like that, but even if that is the case, I don't have the foggiest clue how I would go about adding those missing textures properly.

Edited by dragonlord217
8 hours ago, dragonlord217 said:

Something in this mod causes the Skintextures for W&T to turn my entire character's body purple from the neck down. I know it's this because as soon as I disabled it, the problem went away. Any idea what the might be? I've heard that purple skin textures like this are the result of texture files not being where they're supposed to be, so I suspect it's something like that, but even if that is the case, I don't have the foggiest clue how I would go about adding those missing textures properly.

Try applying the tats manually in the Slavetats MCM and see what happens.  If you get purple when installing tats that way, then you have bigger problems. Like  @HexBolt8 said, you probably have something installed wrong.

Edited by gooser
4 hours ago, gooser said:

Try applying the tats manually in the Slavetats MCM and see what happens.  If you get purple when installing tats that way, then you have bigger problems. Like  @HexBolt8 said, you probably have something installed wrong.

Just to clarify, it's not the entire Apropos mod that's causing skin weirdness. Honestly it was late at night when I made my initial post and I really should've given more details.

The exact nature of the bug is this: whenever my character went to sleep, once she woke up it would take about a second before her entire body from the neck-down turned bluish-purple. Waiting did not produce this effect. This also caused any previous saves I might've had with the character to do the same until I quit and restarted the game entirely. After a lot of messing around with various files that might've caused it, including my cbbe skin textures, I eventually found the culprit: the "Enable SkinTextures for Wear and Tear" option in Apropos2 was what was causing it. 

I'll do as suggested and try reinstalling SlaveTats. I don't see it being overidden by, well, anything in MO2 so I kind of doubt that the mod itself is what's causing it. However, I did notice that the Slavetats AiO I installed is overwriting some files in this mod. Specifically the files for nails on both left and right hands and feet, as well as the both_hands and both_feet nail files. It's also overwriting the right and left cheek tears file. Again, I don't think this is what went wrong because I had tried changing the load order and MO2 priority of these files, and the bug was unaffected. So right now the only thing I can think of doing with Slavetats is reinstalling both those slavetats and slavetats AiO and seeing if that works.

Edited by dragonlord217
1 hour ago, dragonlord217 said:

Just to clarify, it's not the entire Apropos mod that's causing skin weirdness. Honestly it was late at night when I made my initial post and I really should've given more details.

The exact nature of the bug is this: whenever my character went to sleep, once she woke up it would take about a second before her entire body from the neck-down turned bluish-purple. Waiting did not produce this effect. This also caused any previous saves I might've had with the character to do the same until I quit and restarted the game entirely. After a lot of messing around with various files that might've caused it, including my cbbe skin textures, I eventually found the culprit: the "Enable SkinTextures for Wear and Tear" option in Apropos2 was what was causing it. 

I'll do as suggested and try reinstalling SlaveTats. I don't see it being overidden by, well, anything in MO2 so I kind of doubt that the mod itself is what's causing it. However, I did notice that the Slavetats AiO I installed is overwriting some files in this mod. Specifically the files for nails on both left and right hands and feet, as well as the both_hands and both_feet nail files. It's also overwriting the right and left cheek tears file. Again, I don't think this is what went wrong because I had tried changing the load order and MO2 priority of these files, and the bug was unaffected. So right now the only thing I can think of doing with Slavetats is reinstalling both those slavetats and slavetats AiO and seeing if that works.

Slavetats AIO? Yeah, try unisntalling that and just using Slavetats perhaps?

Generally Purple means "can't load" or "can't find".  I've found that to happen sometimes if you exceed the Windows file path length limits. Or if you've exceed some memory limit for textures. Or you simply don't have the texture where you think you do. Maybe this is all basic to you. But if you cannot get the textures to show normally in Slavetats MCM, then I would suggest you hit up the Slavetats support thread.

Edited by gooser
4 hours ago, dragonlord217 said:

whenever my character went to sleep, once she woke up it would take about a second before her entire body from the neck-down turned bluish-purple.

I had a similar problem (body turns purple from the neck down after sex, though not after sleep) and traced it to over-zealous file housecleaning that I'd done on SlaveTats.  ("What's this blank.dds file?  Pfft, I probably don't need it.")  That was entirely my fault, but it did make me aware of how SlaveTats can be used behind the scenes to update body textures.  (I do a lot of dumb things, but I also learn some interesting stuff in the process.)  As gooser said, a purple texture means a texture that can't be found, or can't be loaded.  So, purple body sounds like missing body texture, which very likely is something missing or corrupted in SlaveTats.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 6:11 PM, B0ukensha said:

Sorry if this is the millionth time someone asked, but is there a Special Edition version of this mod?

Yes.  It is not officially supported.  Please see my signature.

Hi guys,

I don't like all of the text in apropos, which is probably to be expected as there's a lot of it. I have edited some of the text files but it's a monuuumentaaal task. So I came to see if it would benefit anyone other than just me

If I made some apropos edited files on a theme, say like "innocent theme" which removes all of the more "slutty" comments from female pc and replaces them with more innocent comments, would it be the kind of thing I could share with others? Would anyone else be interested, and would the apropos author be offended?

Also has anyone else done this? I noticed that some of my anims have apropos text (in the files) and some don't, do people do like apropos files for different anim sets?

Another one I've done for LE is remove any mention of maggots from the draugr messages (I was a bit grossed out lol) it took a few hours, happy to share that file with anyone
And I'm thinking of doing an anal free version because I sometimes get these moods where any mention of it makes my stomach hurt. I might be weird or there might be others with this problem haha. I figured I could c+p the text files according to mood. Yeah lemme know if it's worth doing, if it's just for me then I'll probably not bother and just ignore the messages if they're not exactly to my tastes that day

• 3 weeks later...

I notice there's a lot of talk around face overlays for the mod. I have my face overlay slots set up properly in the INI and generally don't have any issues with them. However, very occasionally a face tattoo will be removed, or the facial dirt overlay from a bathing mod. The overlay gets completely cleared, so I have to reset the colour and texture for the tattoo. It seems to happen when Apropos updates wear and tear. I notice it most often when waking up from sleep; apropos will update along side the bathing mod, dirt will be applied to the body and face, then the face overlay is removed. Any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...