How difficult would it be to increase the widget size? I just was gifted a fairly large monitor and 400px seems far to crunched up for my liking. (I also have things setup so pretty much only messages for the player show up, so a much larger widget would not be an issue)

Can someone share a recommended load order? The names of characters / NPC's are blank, making the messages rather empty.

Example:

"did x y z to 's thing"

instead of

"Norman did x y z to Norma's thing"

The names Norman / Norma are missing.

I'm also not getting any error logs so I have no idea what's going on.

5 hours ago, nononysss said:

Can someone share a recommended load order? The names of characters / NPC's are blank, making the messages rather empty.

Example:

"did x y z to 's thing"

instead of

"Norman did x y z to Norma's thing"

The names Norman / Norma are missing.

I'm also not getting any error logs so I have no idea what's going on.

Usually not a load order issue.

Which version of Apropos2 are  you using? Custom db? SE or LE?

In Apropos MCM there are options to enable logging. Assuming you have already enabled Papyrus logging (Skyrim.ini), you just need to enable Apropos MCM.

I am using the SE file that's been floating around as I could not find an official release or download post. I also tried to convert it myself following the instructions on this forum post:

But given that this gives me a new file with the exact same file size as the one floating around, I believe they are the same exact thing.

What I can get working is getting logs to show up in the console:

image.png.08d9007bc3aa627ce751dc765be9da4c.png

But this is more just proof of the issue than something useful, I feel like. 

I wonder if the latest version of jcontainers is messed up or something because this isn't the only mod I've had issues related to strings / data from jcontainers or papyrusutil. 

I also wonder if the fact that my steam games are on my D drive while My Documents is on C is why the log might not be showing up. 

35 minutes ago, nononysss said:

I am using the SE file that's been floating around as I could not find an official release or download post. I also tried to convert it myself following the instructions on this forum post:

But given that this gives me a new file with the exact same file size as the one floating around, I believe they are the same exact thing.

What I can get working is getting logs to show up in the console:

image.png.08d9007bc3aa627ce751dc765be9da4c.png

But this is more just proof of the issue than something useful, I feel like. 

I wonder if the latest version of jcontainers is messed up or something because this isn't the only mod I've had issues related to strings / data from jcontainers or papyrusutil. 

I also wonder if the fact that my steam games are on my D drive while My Documents is on C is why the log might not be showing up. 

I'm using JContainers 4.1.12.

That might not be your problem though. What database are you using? Newer database attempts have caused blank names/placeholders. If the Synonyms.txt is too large this will happen.

It should just be the basic database that comes with the mod, I haven't added anything extra to it.

Let me try getting that version of JContainers to see if that works. I've just been using the most updated one on the nexus which doesn't make the version number very obvious.

7 hours ago, manakanaki said:

I have SLSO installed, and when the PC orgasms, I'm noticing that most if not all of the descriptions suggest that the other actor is reaching orgasm. Is this a known issue?

It's not an issue so much as Apropos2 doesn't utilize SLSO and only understands the generic orgasm event.

I was browsing through the DBA files, and thought I remember there being a change positions txt... but cannot find now

was trying to improve upon these to taste. I'm curious, does this change position text (if it exists) trigger out of the animation folder it's currently in... or that it's switching to.

Here's the scenario i'm trying to write for.... lets say I have a unique animation that's doggy style. & I switch the animation to Unique missionary. What text file plays the animation change. The one located in the doggy style folder, or the one from the unique missionary folder. Can this file be even created for unique animation, or am I imagining it existence.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:03 AM, HexBolt8 said:

You can change this yourself with a simple edit and not wait for an update.  Edit Apropos2WTStaggerEffect and change Archetype from Stagger to Script.  That's it.

Sorry for the necro, but could I ask about this? What/where is Apropos2WTStaggerEffect? Is this something I need to change in the CK?

I've been struggling to figure out which mod is causing my character to constantly get staggered and now that I've probably found it, would be nice if I could disable the effect... it's incredibly irritating.

edit:

nevermind, I'm dumb... it wasn't Apropos. It was the barefoot stagger from Survival. 

On 2/4/2021 at 4:40 PM, Szlordrin said:

I was browsing through the DBA files, and thought I remember there being a change positions txt... but cannot find now

was trying to improve upon these to taste. I'm curious, does this change position text (if it exists) trigger out of the animation folder it's currently in... or that it's switching to.

Here's the scenario i'm trying to write for.... lets say I have a unique animation that's doggy style. & I switch the animation to Unique missionary. What text file plays the animation change. The one located in the doggy style folder, or the one from the unique missionary folder. Can this file be even created for unique animation, or am I imagining it existence.

I believe that was a feature @gooser was working on and didn't end up implementing.  I asked him about it a while ago.

24 minutes ago, Eadoo said:

I believe that was a feature @gooser was working on and didn't end up implementing.  I asked him about it a while ago.

Yeah, I just checked. For some reason animation change is only implemented in the MCM. Never made the necessary changes to support it  beyond that. The closest thing is the GoBack animation description.

15 hours ago, Jaeton said:

I wish this mod can skip detecting sexlab gender and only read the tags of animations so that futa-male or futa-female stages has discribtions,too.hopefully someone has figure it out...

I think that would be a mistake. Or at least a complication. The tags don't indicate which actor is assigned which gender.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, Jaeton said:

I wish this mod can skip detecting sexlab gender and only read the tags of animations so that futa-male or futa-female stages has discribtions,too.hopefully someone has figure it out...

You could always make UniqueAnimations assignments for the specific animations you're interested in and write custom text...

9 hours ago, Dreamer1986 said:

I don't know why but it seems that wear and tear negative effects don't disappear on my character. I tried the debug options but they are still there. Any solution to truly remove them?

Check the MCM menu,  under Wear and Tear Actors. There should be a place to override the values/state,

1 hour ago, NicoleDragoness said:

There is a hope to have a "Lite" version with text referring ONLY to the Player (and partners)?

Maybe also without W&T?

It could be interesting to have a "modular" framework that starts with DB texts for player and optional add-ons for NPCs, W&T for Player, W&T for NPCs.

Is it a so bad idea?

Not a bad idea. Most of what you ask for is already doable. You can disable W&T for player and npcs individually, for instance.