3 hours ago, Skömer said:

Which is a shame because the mods on discord are just as inaccessable as posting it on the last page of a LL thread, nobody is going to find it, who doesnt follow everything all the time

thats what this pin in #downloads is supposed to address 

image.png.9f73dc6e7da7ef0e1138cf3c0a21a860.png

Which reminds I need to update that for new Rimnude and OTY-nude

Edited by Tory187
56 minutes ago, NoppaiKohai said:

Can we have a freaking auto reply bot that just scans for posts talking about prepare carefully and all caps types 

STOP USING PREPARE CAREFULLY, IT'S OUTDATED AND INFERIOR TO JUST USING CHARACTER EDITOR WHICH ACTUALLY WORKS WITH RJW

I dunno why EPC doesn't work for everyone when it works just fine for me. I need EPC because setting character's family relations using character editor is clunky and unusable.

Edited by striker345
2 hours ago, striker345 said:

I dunno why EPC doesn't work for everyone when it works just fine for me. I need EPC because setting character's family relations using character editor is clunky and unusable.

Prepare Carefully messes things up in the background, you may not even realize something's wrong until an entire in game year later suddenly bugs start to appear

we don't flag something as 'incompatible' without good reasons

4 hours ago, striker345 said:

its because you're special and they are idiots

4 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

Prepare Carefully messes things up in the background, you may not even realize something's wrong until an entire in game year later suddenly bugs start to appear

we don't flag something as 'incompatible' without good reasons

But why? Prepare Carefully is just infinitely essential at this point. It's one of those mods that actually make Rimworld playable.

16 minutes ago, Jappercut said:

But why? Prepare Carefully is just infinitely essential at this point. It's one of those mods that actually make Rimworld playable.

It kinda has been discussed into the ground already, it just doesn't work anymore, just use character editor and about cheating with it, just show self-control and it should be fine.

Rather then avoiding the issue with non-answers of "it breaks stuff" and then not explaining what it does.... The big thing with prepare carefully is that it fucks up hediffs, which are essential for how this mod works.... So you will get genitals that.... literally don't work, and cause errors down the road related to... well any time something related to them gets checked.

You can fix the hediffs manually with save editing, and to be honest, I find that process easier then trying to use Character Editor with its abysmal UI... which should be a statement to how unuser friendly that thing is.... I think that people wouldn't find switching to it such an unappealing prospect if the front end got a user-friendliness pass, that and at least when I used it the process for saving characters was much more restrictive then Prepare Carefully.

But like, unless you know what your doing with save editing, its not worth it since you can just as easily make every thing worse.

8 hours ago, JuliaT_ said:

I was super excited to play this new expansion, but I just can't without RJW. Thank you so much for getting this mod compatible for 1.3 so quickly.<3

Rofl. I'm genuinely impressed you're showing restraint in not playing the game without RJW.

There is a certain irony to that kind of restraint in reference to RJW isn't there...

?

3 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

Rather then avoiding the issue with non-answers of "it breaks stuff" and then not explaining what it does.... The big thing with prepare carefully is that it fucks up hediffs, which are essential for how this mod works.... So you will get genitals that.... literally don't work, and cause errors down the road related to... well any time something related to them gets checked.

You can fix the hediffs manually with save editing, and to be honest, I find that process easier then trying to use Character Editor with its abysmal UI... which should be a statement to how unuser friendly that thing is.... I think that people wouldn't find switching to it such an unappealing prospect if the front end got a user-friendliness pass, that and at least when I used it the process for saving characters was much more restrictive then Prepare Carefully.

But like, unless you know what your doing with save editing, its not worth it since you can just as easily make every thing worse.

Is the genitals breaking literally the only thing it breaks? Because that is one big fat easy fix, like you mentioned. I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

11 minutes ago, Jappercut said:

Is the genitals breaking literally the only thing it breaks? Because that is one big fat easy fix, like you mentioned. I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 16-22-07 [mod] RimJobWorld.png

These are the issues I've encountered in Rimworld 1.1, I haven't used Prepare carefully since so I cant say whats currently broken

2 hours ago, nf4y said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2073559411

Can anyone help to make this mod playable with RJW?

It seems bestiality option doesn't work on them, and I wasn't able to figure out why.

They probably have no gender and therefore cant be assigned genitals

Spoiler

People try to lewd another custom anime race? - Skömer gets Lost Forest flashback

Edited by Skömer
2 minutes ago, Skömer said:

These are the issues I've encountered in Rimworld 1.1, I haven't used Prepare carefully since so I cant say whats currently broken

I have used Prepare Carefully extensively with RimJobworld ever since 1.2, and was always under the impression that the single only issue was that PE had trouble assigning genitals to pawns, of which I simply fixed with CE by removing and re-adding new genitals to pawns after loading.

I have never had the chains hediff issue, and have never had any issues with children. Then again, the only races I have installed are like Warhammer: Gor (to have more non-human stuff to shoot at).

I never realized that PE was considered a hard conflict, until now, as Mod Manager always flagged it as soft conflict.

When I command my pawn to have sex, it just standing for a second and go back to do its works while its partner just standing in Loving stat until I command it to prioritize work.

But the animals can breed and pregnant just fine.

Why is this happened?

*Fixed, I remove all Animation Addon mod and it's work

Edited by North14
4 hours ago, Jappercut said:

4 hours ago, Skömer said:

As far as I can tell yes, just make sure you don't have the chains hedif on a pawn apperntly, I haven't run into that one.... But it does fully track with what preparecarefully is doing wrong, and I can see how it would happen.

The size changing constantly, and the birthing kids of unrelated races are caused by the fact that the race of the parent, and the size are not properly set with prepare carefully breaking the hediffs, it looses all extra data that exists...

like the species, and the size.

Though full disclosure, I also had the birthing kids of unrelated races error, even after my attempted fixes... but I actually found out disabling a different mod that made changes to the pregnancy system made it stop.

Your free to try your self if you know what your doing, and I can say that you can get working stability out of fixing the genitals in the save manualy, but do keep in mind that it likely will not be supported if you run into issues, and I honestly can fully understand the developers not wanting to deal with issues caused by a mod that isn't there own.

Edit: And REMOVE prepare carefully after you start, this is important, any pawns that enter the map with it active get broken, not just the ones you start with.... so as soon as those drop pods touch down, turn the mod off.

Edited by FoxyNova

Testing the 1.3 version and noticed that cum dont stay long on pawns(if at all) was having sex multiple times and only one time it was aplyed to the vagina for a few seconds gues thats how the overlay is broken?

Edited by Haraldh
On 7/22/2021 at 8:22 AM, Skömer said:

Thats why i spend way too much time keeping track of everything and to update a fuckton of lists on the first comments in this thread, you just need to read it

Alternative is the RJW Discord which is somewhat messy

Please tell me what i should do so people like you find these lists or how i should organize it better, any ideas welcome

Thank you so much for the hard work you have saved countless hours of instalation and research

ok.... soooo im a complete idiot

having a little trouble getting the mod to work (if its updated for rimworld, royality and ideology)

so i can do placing the mods to the right location steam>steamapps>common>rimworld>mods
(presuming i got them in the right location)

Mods > mjw-master >

and soo on inside the mjw-master folder

and the mod load order, i got as the follow (right order from this page told me)

1.Harmony
2.Core
3.Royality
4.Ideology
5.Hugslibs

6.RimJobWorld (shows a red ! in a triangle, and the name of the mod in a orange-ish yellow)

i tried with the mods im currently having (prepare carefully and a few others),,, didn't work,,, tried with just the above mods... still didn't work :(

i just keep getting redliner errors popping up on my debug log

could anyone help a dumb ass out :).
thanks

2 hours ago, Whitetiger657890 said:

ok.... soooo im a complete idiot

having a little trouble getting the mod to work (if its updated for rimworld, royality and ideology)

RJW has not been officially updated for 1.3.  You can find a dirty fix in this thread somewhere, but it's still buggy right now.  You're going to get errors and odd behavior until it's fully updated.

I know I'm in minority here but I'd recommend simply waiting. 
Or playing Rimworld normally with some quality of life mods. 
To get used to new content, y'know. 

Wait for developers themselves patch out some bugs. Wait for RJW and OTHER mods to update once or twice. Then download everything you wanted and start playing. While at it, wait for possible new mods for Ideology itself. 
The DLC is wonderful but there's so much more you can do with the religion 'memes' 
Yes, you'll wait possibly months... but it's likely better than wondering why the game is crashing or lagging. Or why the mods you play cause you trouble. 

7 hours ago, FoxyNova said:

As far as I can tell yes, just make sure you don't have the chains hedif on a pawn apperntly, I haven't run into that one.... But it does fully track with what preparecarefully is doing wrong, and I can see how it would happen.

The size changing constantly, and the birthing kids of unrelated races are caused by the fact that the race of the parent, and the size are not properly set with prepare carefully breaking the hediffs, it looses all extra data that exists...

like the species, and the size.

Though full disclosure, I also had the birthing kids of unrelated races error, even after my attempted fixes... but I actually found out disabling a different mod that made changes to the pregnancy system made it stop.

Your free to try your self if you know what your doing, and I can say that you can get working stability out of fixing the genitals in the save manualy, but do keep in mind that it likely will not be supported if you run into issues, and I honestly can fully understand the developers not wanting to deal with issues caused by a mod that isn't there own.

Edit: And REMOVE prepare carefully after you start, this is important, any pawns that enter the map with it active get broken, not just the ones you start with.... so as soon as those drop pods touch down, turn the mod off.

i start standing. that worked aswell