hi, i was just wondering if i could ask how do i install this to rimworld ?
just downloaded the (im presuming up to date version?) from eds post above,
just so my dumb ass doesn't mess anything up...

do i just drag the RJW into  steam>steamapps>common>rimworld>Mods
or do i drag the files inside rjw folder into the mods folder ?

cheers
<edit>
and also, is there any mods that ya'll know of that conflict with RJW?

Edited by Whitetiger657890
3 minutes ago, Whitetiger657890 said:

hi, i was just wondering if i could ask how do i install this to rimworld ?
just downloaded the (im presuming up to date version?) from eds post above,
just so my dumb ass doesn't mess anything up...

do i just drag the RJW into  steam>steamapps>common>rimworld>Mods
or do i drag the files inside rjw folder into the mods folder ?

cheers
<edit>
and also, is there any mods that ya'll know of that conflict with RJW?

just put the RJW folder in the Mods folder and make sure it's not nested (Mods/RJW/"Files" not Mods/RJW/RJW/"Files")

for (in)compatible mods and recommendations, check the first page, it has lists for your convenience

8 minutes ago, SingleForLife said:

just put the RJW folder in the Mods folder and make sure it's not nested (Mods/RJW/"Files" not Mods/RJW/RJW/"Files")

for (in)compatible mods and recommendations, check the first page, it has lists for your convenience

not sure what nested means, but im presuming considering i dont know what it means,,, that they wont be nested? ,,,

and in regards to the conflicts, thanks :)
<touch wood> lets hope i can install it without making a balls up of it

<edit>
seems my only conflict with it atm is the "prepare carefully (unoffical 1.3 patch).

Edited by Whitetiger657890
17 hours ago, Kashked said:

I set age of birth at 0, but every year counts as 6 years (Custom year and speed-mod), so they can start doing some basic hauling after a year or so, and are fully adult after 3 years. I've been fiddling with the balance of the speed of time a bit, and 6 years/year seems like a good balance to me, for both balance and gameplay. Still a fairly significant investment of time and resources to look after the kids, but you will actually see them grow up within the timeframe of a game.

Problem with this is 3 years is a REALLY long time, lol. Most colonies don't even make it that long, so having useless dead weight increasing your colony wealth for that long is pretty brutal. Just the extra debuffs while pregnant alone is already a fairly good investment assuming you've got the pregnancy duration set very long, and you have to protect them so they don't get punched in the gut etc

6 hours ago, Ed86 said:

Is there a patchnotes somehwere? Or what was updated? 

Thanks btw!

17 minutes ago, Lord_Dynal said:

Mod still seems to be causing Faction Names and some Leader names to show as ERR. Only RJW, HugsLib, and Harmony activated.

image.png.7d90e87b2a019395cb44e4cb9584f460.png

Strange for me it works. Any workshop mods?

Perhaps delete all mods from modfolder expect rjw. For me it works fine.

5 hours ago, NoppaiKohai said:

Problem with this is 3 years is a REALLY long time, lol. Most colonies don't even make it that long, so having useless dead weight increasing your colony wealth for that long is pretty brutal. Just the extra debuffs while pregnant alone is already a fairly good investment assuming you've got the pregnancy duration set very long, and you have to protect them so they don't get punched in the gut etc

Is there a patchnotes somehwere? Or what was updated? 

Thanks btw!

included with mod or on git

7 hours ago, NoppaiKohai said:

Perfectly fair point. I consider a 5 year colony fairly standard for a game I commit to, and 10 years a "long game" (so with my current settings that would be 30 or 60 years pass for the pawns), but I tend to not play on too harsh difficulty levels and instead add mods that make the game harder through added mechanics instead, so I don't generally straight up lose within that timeframe but since I'm juggling modded mechanics my progress is also much slower. I've also set the pregnancy duration to be proportional, so 17% IIRC.

I do consider having children in the colony being a burden kind of the point though. For a long time I played without any accelerated growth so that kids being born was, realistically, never going to be anything but a burden, so I don't mind that they are pretty useless for a long time, I consider it more of a feature than a bug.

I may have to restart a colony as I re-added the updated RJW to a current testing save, but it seems to have disabled the right click options for interactions and I can't access options upon selecting an item like "make copy" of walls or items. I could even tell my hero pawn to go fuck the hell out of a pawn about to mental break to take their mind off the bad conditions. XD

2 hours ago, Kashked said:

I do consider having children in the colony being a burden kind of the point though. For a long time I played without any accelerated growth so that kids being born was, realistically, never going to be anything but a burden, so I don't mind that they are pretty useless for a long time, I consider it more of a feature than a bug.

There is a mod called Age Morphosis Cells, which gives you an immersive way to quickly age your pawns. However, it requires a lot of research (especially if you start as a tribe). Ideology also has some stuff that tweaks aging, but I haven't tried it yet.

2 hours ago, unoriginal said:

I'm assuming this doesnt work with custom races yet? Or does it require a new game?

It's working with the ones I've used atleast, RJW Race Support is updated, so check which ones are included. Most races work out of the box but are assigned generic bodyparts if they aren't covered by RJW Race support.

23 hours ago, justfapgod said:

Hey, i am wondering if it's possible to make Slave to be suspectible for Animal Breeding and Comforting Sex without having the Zoophile/Masochist traits

Somehow Slaves have more rights than Prisoners... :[

I need slaves to keep my colony happy, but it's rather annoying that i had to add Zoophile and Mascohits traits on them manually.

Slaves generally did have more rights than prisoners. They weren't guilty of anything, they were just property.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, mirlo1 said:

I hope there will be soon a good mod for children

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2559574784&searchtext=

BNC back.

1 hour ago, fedottt said:

image.png.0f0f0d8f9ba89d6d0d9a1cd26b6db476.pngThis is?

That's the designator. It's an entire tab of its own now.

Eyyy, I'm back.

So, I haven't used RJW in quite a while but I felt like trying it out again now that ideology is out, I felt like making a colony that venerated wolves and such but it seems casual hook-ups with bonded animals no longer work?

A year ago when I last tried this colonists would prefer soliciting bonded animals over masturbating, but apparently the only way to have bestiality happen is with the entirety of the rape conditions enabled, which I kinda don't want. Is this uh... Intentional? If so, is there an option to limit it so bestiality only happens with colony animals?

(Notes, not using prepare carefully, not using hero mode, tried designating pawns as breeders / to be bred)

Thanks!

Edited by Some_Maj