5 hours ago, TeflonJohn said:

Tried the first options, however psychology doesn't have any option for sexuality distribution? Tried a couple of mod orders but nothing seemed to change.

in the Psychology settings you can change the kinsey scale formula

-default for mostly heterosexual (who would have thought)

-uniform for same chance for every orientation (I guess)

-center for mostly bisexual (my personal recommendation)

-inverse for mostly homosexual (I guess)

4 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

in the Psychology settings you can change the kinsey scale formula

-default for mostly heterosexual (who would have thought)

-uniform for same chance for every orientation (I guess)

-center for mostly bisexual (my personal recommendation)

-inverse for mostly homosexual (I guess)

Yep, that's the various distribution options, however the problem is I was unable to switch the sexuality spread sources, for example in vanilla that's dictated by the gay trait.  Apparently Psychology has an option to adjust that but I haven't seen it, and when trying to adjust it for RJW, it doesn't change.

9 hours ago, Synlaine said:

Curious, is the whoring tab gone or are there known mods which cause it to disappear along with the buttons for it?

A broken modlist can do that

50 minutes ago, TeflonJohn said:

Yep, that's the various distribution options, however the problem is I was unable to switch the sexuality spread sources, for example in vanilla that's dictated by the gay trait.  Apparently Psychology has an option to adjust that but I haven't seen it, and when trying to adjust it for RJW, it doesn't change.

The option to use psychology sexuality source is in the RJW settings

7 hours ago, TeflonJohn said:

like Skömer said, it's in the mod settings

"RimJobWorld - Sex Settings" to be exact

the yellow button on the right let's you choose between 'Vanilla', 'SYRIndividuality' and 'Psychology'

I'm getting an issue where masturbation replenishes the sex need but any actual sex act involving more than one creature does not. I have Rational Romance and Romance Tweaks installed, those are the only two mods I have other than this that would potentially mess with that event directly but they don't seem to be the culprit. Any ideas?

On 8/16/2020 at 10:52 PM, Erde said:

Then you aren't using the version of Psychology linked in the first page of the thread or you do not know what you are doing or what you have installed and how it is supposed to function.

No reason to be so condescending, since it actually cant work with the psychology version linked in the first post (which should be this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2016263135 )

The Problem seems to be that the the file Harmony\First.cs checks for the modnames "Psychology" or "[1.1] Psychology (unofficial)" before setting psychology as active and allowing to change the sex distribution.

The problem is, the linked mod is now called "Psychology (unofficial 1.1/1.2) " (with the blank space at the end), ergo it isn't detected by RJW.

I changed the name in First.cs, compiled and now, surprise, it works.

Edit: if you download through workshop that is, the linked google drive file still has the older version.

8 hours ago, Schukov said:

No reason to be so condescending, since it actually cant work with the psychology version linked in the first post (which should be this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2016263135 )

The Problem seems to be that the the file Harmony\First.cs checks for the modnames "Psychology" or "[1.1] Psychology (unofficial)" before setting psychology as active and allowing to change the sex distribution.

The problem is, the linked mod is now called "Psychology (unofficial 1.1/1.2) " (with the blank space at the end), ergo it isn't detected by RJW.

Edit: if you download through workshop that is, the linked google drive file still has the older version.

Where is the first.cs file located?

9 hours ago, Schukov said:

A trailing whitespace, eh? Heh. Wonder how that ended up there.

1 hour ago, TeflonJohn said:

Where is the first.cs file located?

Source/Harmony/

but you will need to compile after changing it. The far easier option should be to download the file from the google drive link, ie. this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_bkBoQmincIenEfn5QLkN3bRESdZKotB/view

Hi,

I have noticed a bug in the PartSizeExtension Class, specifically in the TryGetBreastWeight Method. I'm not up on GitHub though so not sure how I'd need to raise it on there as a bug.

According the the note in PartSizeExtension.cs in the Source folder, and how I know bra sister sizes work in RL, when you go up a band size and down a cup size the cup volume stays the same, so for example a 90B should have the same volume (and thus weight) as a 85C. Unfortunately the bug sends it the other way, so a 90B is actually equivalent to an 85A.

Basically line 133 in PartSizeExtension.cs, which is currently

var extraBandSize =  PartStagesDef.Instance.bandSizeBase * (1.0f - GetLinearScale(hediff));

should be

var extraBandSize =  PartStagesDef.Instance.bandSizeBase * (GetLinearScale(hediff) - 1.0f);

The Math:-

Spoiler

If an 85C and 90B should be the same weight, then var size in line 135 should end up with the same value, as that is the value plugged into the weight calc (line 137 to 142)

In the way it is currently though you get the following.

For the 85C:-

var extraBandSize =  PartStagesDef.Instance.bandSizeBase * (1.0f - GetLinearScale(hediff));
= extraBandSize = 85 (taken from PartStages.xml) * (1.0f - 1^(1/3)) (85 band size is standard size for a human, that is baseBodySize 1)
= 85 * 0
= 0

var extraCupSizes = extraBandSize / PartStagesDef.Instance.bandSizeInterval;
= extraCupSizes = 0 / 5 (taken from PartStages.xml)
= 0

var size = rawSize + extraCupSizes;
= 3 (rawSize of a C cup) + 0
= 3

So for an 85C size = 3

For a 90B though, with how it currently is:-
var extraBandSize =  PartStagesDef.Instance.bandSizeBase * (1.0f - GetLinearScale(hediff));
= extraBandSize = 85 (taken from PartStages.xml) * (1.0f - 1.2^(1/3)) (1.2 Body size gives a linear scale of 1.062, which gives an underbust of 90.3 and band size of 90)
= 85 * (1-1.062)
= 85 * -0.062
= -5.33

= extraCupSizes = -5.33 / 5 (taken from PartStages.xml)
= -1.066

= 2 (rawSize of a B cup) + -1.066
= 0.934

So for an 90B size = 0.934, quite a difference to an 85C of 3.

For a 90B though, with the 1 and GetLinearScale(hediff) reversed
var extraBandSize =  PartStagesDef.Instance.bandSizeBase * (GetLinearScale(hediff) - 1.0f);
= extraBandSize = 85 (taken from PartStages.xml) * (1.2^(1/3) - 1) (1.2 Body size gives a linear scale of 1.062, which gives an underbust of 90.3 and band size of 90)
= 85 * (1.062 - 1)
= 85 * 0.062
= 5.33

= extraCupSizes = 5.33 / 5 (taken from PartStages.xml)
= 1.066

= 2 (rawSize of a B cup) + 1.066
= 3.066

So for an 90B size = 3.066, very close to an 85C of 3. (There may be rounding in there I've missed that makes it the same)

Hey. Nice this mod is still going. I have a weird problem, not sure if caused by mod update, but I get the message "You have no right to change designation" on all pawns of my running game. I tried fiddling around with various mod settings, debug etc. but could not find a reason for this.

When loading a game that loads the mod fresh the issue is not there.

Any idea what this could be and if there is a way to reset all settings for the designations? 

edit:

Ok, it seems to be the hero mode. I edited in save and at least the blocked designation button was gone. Not sure if that mode works as intended. I played around with the settings and probably had it on at some point, but would expect deactivating hero mode to remove such flags again. It does not seem to respect the HC and Iron mode settings either aka it is always Iron mode regardless of that flag being deactivated which could explain how I screwed my save.

If this is known, ignore, if it is a current issue, maybe add some more warnings to using the mode right now. Or maybe my game is messed up only. Then also ignore.

@Ed86 Would it be possible to incorporate a feature to allow certain clothes to remain during RJW sex? I'm using the RJW animations from Coffeeee and S16's Extensions and I think its a bit of a shame that say the nipple piercings disappear during sex scenes. I believe RJW handles the nudity part of sex so I figured I'd ask here.

1 hour ago, drackus343 said:

so having a weird issue, and its just with this mod(it can be the only mod activated and this still happens) but i cant seem to bring up the right click menu? (the one that brings down for say a gun: "Prioritize hauling" etc. it just doesnt appear

Disable hardcore hero mode.

Or fix your game install.

10 hours ago, luythen said:

Hey. Nice this mod is still going. I have a weird problem, not sure if caused by mod update, but I get the message "You have no right to change designation" on all pawns of my running game. I tried fiddling around with various mod settings, debug etc. but could not find a reason for this.

When loading a game that loads the mod fresh the issue is not there.

Any idea what this could be and if there is a way to reset all settings for the designations? 

edit:

Ok, it seems to be the hero mode. I edited in save and at least the blocked designation button was gone. Not sure if that mode works as intended. I played around with the settings and probably had it on at some point, but would expect deactivating hero mode to remove such flags again. It does not seem to respect the HC and Iron mode settings either aka it is always Iron mode regardless of that flag being deactivated which could explain how I screwed my save.

If this is known, ignore, if it is a current issue, maybe add some more warnings to using the mode right now. Or maybe my game is messed up only. Then also ignore.

what would be the point of iron mode if you could just turn it off?

2 hours ago, Ed86 said:

what would be the point of iron mode if you could just turn it off?

It's always ironmode despite the flag being inactive. Aka hero mode is "on", but ironmode is "off", but it will still do ironmode and hardcode it in saves. That is not intuitive.

2 hours ago, luythen said:

It's always ironmode despite the flag being inactive. Aka hero mode is "on", but ironmode is "off", but it will still do ironmode and hardcode it in saves. That is not intuitive.

Hero mode you get to set one pawn to control for the rest of the heroes life (taking life long turns).

Iron man mode : after your hero dies you cant select a new one (self insert all the way).

Hard core hero mode : you can only really control your hero for anything (for multiplayer).

20 minutes ago, NeverLucky4Life said:

Hero mode you get to set one pawn to control for the rest of the heroes life (taking life long turns).

Iron man mode : after your hero dies you cant select a new one (self insert all the way).

Hard core hero mode : you can only really control your hero for anything (for multiplayer).

That is all fine. The point remains that this screws up save games because you cannot deactivate the behavior even when you did not use settings like ironman which is at least unintuitive. 

Any feature, mod or by core game that screws up a save file despite the ability to alter the settings during gameplay is not nicely designed. Heck, even if the flag in settings would be disabled showing you you cannot alter it anymore would be consistent (aka zero change in gameplay code), the way it is... not so much.

Still, I saw this, I pointed it out, do or don't do as you will.

2 hours ago, luythen said:

Any feature, mod or by core game that screws up a save file despite the ability to alter the settings during gameplay is not nicely designed. Heck, even if the flag in settings would be disabled showing you you cannot alter it anymore would be consistent (aka zero change in gameplay code), the way it is... not so much.

Still, I saw this, I pointed it out, do or don't do as you will.

it cant be nicely designed, because saves are plain text and can be edited with notepad by very smart people,  who fuck up their saves by making everyone a hero, including slaves and prisoners, which ofc removes your ability to change designators

6 hours ago, pastrygirl86 said:

so i have an issue with this, im using android tiers and whenever my pawns have a baby it comes out as an android. is there a way to set the races that come out when a baby is born?

yes - remove android tiers

17 hours ago, Synlaine said:

@Ed86 Would it be possible to incorporate a feature to allow certain clothes to remain during RJW sex? I'm using the RJW animations from Coffeeee and S16's Extensions and I think its a bit of a shame that say the nipple piercings disappear during sex scenes. I believe RJW handles the nudity part of sex so I figured I'd ask here.

try, should keep vibrators and piercing

RJW.7z

Hi, so 2 quick questions:

1. What exactly is the purpose of hero mode?  I guess I just don't understand.  Is it just that you control only one pawn for the purpose of sex stuff?  At first when I read that I got excited because the ability to control an individual pawn is my most requested feature in the game (or mod) by far - but that's controlling them for everything (and ignoring global work priorities) - not just sex.  Have been wanting to play 2 player with my wife where we control a pawn and can't interfere with the other's pawn.

2. Babies.  My pawn had a baby, born 0 years old, no skills, no passions.  That's all fine if intended, just curious... will that develop as it ages?  Or will this pawn be essentially useless without some other mod such as Children/Schools/Learning.  I definitely don't intend to grind a passionless skill from 0.

Thank you in advance!