12 hours ago, Balathustrius said:

Lol, utter nonsense.  I use it every game, my games last hundreds of hours, and I have no problems whatsoever.

6 hours ago, ZeroFighterR said:

Same here, No issues so far with that

Well then it must mean there is no issue at all and everyone who is having issues in this thread and the RJW developer must just be lying, amirite?

Anyway, as long as you don't press the Prepare Carefully button you can keep the mod in your modlist though now that the unofficial Psychology mod no longer requires it as a dependency, there can't be that many reason to keep having it on your list.

c9b6d6e74bbcbfc9226952a491f218066ab1da76_00.jpg

18 hours ago, Tory187 said:

Use Rimworld version 1.1.2654 or newer

If using animations mod make sure RJW and animations are both up to date

If you still have problems after that then upload a hugslog (CTRL + F12 in game) paste the link here.

Figured it out.

Seems there was some old file left in the RWJ folder.

52 minutes ago, Soronarr said:

Figured it out.

Seems there was some old file left in the RWJ folder.

It's always recommended to completely delete the old RJW folder when updating and preferable removing the old configuration file as well. Regardless, glad you got it working!

4 hours ago, Erde said:

It's always recommended to completely delete the old RJW folder when updating and preferable removing the old configuration file as well. Regardless, glad you got it working!

As Erde has said and I learned the hard way. 

<System>:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config

the .xml files are generated once and referenced during loading. Similar to how running a .py python script and during run-time will generate a byte code version aka .pyc if the .py file doesn't change the .pyc will be used to speed up loading.

Once a mod is loaded unless there is an explicit call it will use the same .xml even if the steam_id is the same. So any fixes, features or add-ons to the added mod might not be included in the old .xml. and since the .xml has been regenerated it will throw errors or blow-up your modconfig.xml list.

If you can use something like RimPy to manage your mods it would be idea just so you don't forget a step. Unfortunately I don't know if it can prevent the steam workshop from YOINKING a working mod if say the mod author decides to deprecate their mod OR the mod author gets involved in some drama and takes everything from their workshop list.

Updating 1 mod (assuming you are controlling your versions) will require you to remove the old mod from your <install location>:\RimWorld Royalty\Mods, drop in a clean version, and deleting the associated .xml from the <System>:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config directory.

It will regen the .xml and you should enable the mod, place it in the correct order and ensure you go into options to configure that mod if it is required as the old default settings will re-appear.

I'm certain we all have read the fact sheet numerous times and some mod updates & fixes DON'T need to you nuke the mod directory and the .xml file but. Safe then sorry. Also be wary of mixing github and steam packages they sometimes don't get along very well. Either they are commits behind or commits ahead of the steam workshop and it WILL ruin your day.

can anyone send a load order of their mods? cuz following the guide will gave me a log full of red text and some real shite happens(like my colonist will remain idle or just don't do anything), also is recommendable using Hospitality for 1.2? cuz in 1.1 it gave me rare text and the Orion faction is none existent

5 hours ago, HiShmexDrive said:

As Erde has said and I learned the hard way. 

<System>:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config

the .xml files are generated once and referenced during loading. Similar to how running a .py python script and during run-time will generate a byte code version aka .pyc if the .py file doesn't change the .pyc will be used to speed up loading.

Once a mod is loaded unless there is an explicit call it will use the same .xml even if the steam_id is the same. So any fixes, features or add-ons to the added mod might not be included in the old .xml. and since the .xml has been regenerated it will throw errors or blow-up your modconfig.xml list.

If you can use something like RimPy to manage your mods it would be idea just so you don't forget a step. Unfortunately I don't know if it can prevent the steam workshop from YOINKING a working mod if say the mod author decides to deprecate their mod OR the mod author gets involved in some drama and takes everything from their workshop list.

Updating 1 mod (assuming you are controlling your versions) will require you to remove the old mod from your <install location>:\RimWorld Royalty\Mods, drop in a clean version, and deleting the associated .xml from the <System>:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config directory.

It will regen the .xml and you should enable the mod, place it in the correct order and ensure you go into options to configure that mod if it is required as the old default settings will re-appear.

I'm certain we all have read the fact sheet numerous times and some mod updates & fixes DON'T need to you nuke the mod directory and the .xml file but. Safe then sorry. Also be wary of mixing github and steam packages they sometimes don't get along very well. Either they are commits behind or commits ahead of the steam workshop and it WILL ruin your day.

Thanks for posting this. I was having all sorts of problems until I cleaned out my config folder. 

6 hours ago, XxNelsonxX said:

can anyone send a load order of their mods? cuz following the guide will gave me a log full of red text and some real shite happens(like my colonist will remain idle or just don't do anything), also is recommendable using Hospitality for 1.2? cuz in 1.1 it gave me rare text and the Orion faction is none existent

on the first page with Skomer's list.... and slow mods (BTW check the tabs at bottoms for alternates.) 

Um... Hospitality has a problem with orginal RimFridge... I don't quite understand what? but RimFridge will Ruin any new Vanilla Enhanced Lavish soups, grills and sushi... there is some conflict with the guest beds and the code base.. so yeah.. good call and noticing it. 

I don't know which one has been updated before or after. be it RimFridge or Hospitality but it has the correct .xml in your userhome directory and the files are update in the mods directory there might be a chance that it should be fine. 

There is one item to not.. The Difficulty rating and Story teller. Cassie on community builder will attempt to send many guests.. Randy Random well.. He just likes to mess up your day.. in big waves. so.. Your Mileage May Vary. 

If the faction is 100% peaceful aka you belong to it there is a good chance yes, visitors will do nothing.. Also Hospitality has those setting that say "minimum" skill required.. That could have an effect.. If the guests aren't at the competency you want/need yeah, they might not do anything what so ever.. 

3 hours ago, lonelynight said:

I did, but i can't click their sexual orientation to change it, only their quirks, and [DEV] Reroll, also only change their quirk. I place it on lowest load order

click on heart. it will open. and will list their orientation.. note you MUST assign trait via character creation aka Bi or Gay for anything else "funky"... Unless you have modified your starting Senario, forced trait all, player only, non-player with a % of bi or gay. As stated on first page two previously males that have been gender bent to females _was male will only sex if gay is true. There are zero 100% functioning hermaphrodites in all populations. Otherwise we would have been over run with a tribe of clones that could f themselves for new spawn 25,000 years ago. We can't set forced traits to a specific gender as of yet.. Probably more coding. But that is neither here nor there unless you are paying for that feature. Set gay trait to all pawns at 3% and set bi to 25%.

Truth is if a "Philia" exists then a "Phobia" exists.. Does Love of feet defeat Fear of Hands? I have no idea... But yeah.. We do know fear of penis exists.. AND fear of vagina exists.. Humans are weird and dumb and really narrow minded.

Just like Misandry or Misogyny. Usually one loves and fixates on one more then the other just to spite it. You typically don't have both ogynist/andrist they are Asexual/Ascetic and human haters Misanthrope but turns out they are a zooiphiles or even worse a necromancers.. ?_? necromancers yeah I said that right.

ANYWAYS, If you still have Developer Mode ON, (And yeah I know you might have turned it off because spawning things, altering terrain and magically creating items seems "wrong" forget it...") Get the colony up and running first. And Perfectly. THEN if you are brave enough turn off the dev mode stuff.. step by step...  With Character Editor you CAN click on the heart and hit re-roll. As long as the first fetish doesn't say INFERTILE... keep rerolling. You might have a character that is too old and is an empty egg-carton BASED ON AGE.. GET RID OF THEM.. Roll in a new one with some fertility. Nothing lives forever. Nature is metal.

The faq sheet at beginning has a great tutorial on traits.. But in order for the game to work right you MUST have a pawn that doesn't have infertile. Otherwise what is the point of that pawn? just a slave? or a king that rules for 10-25 years and gets a bullet. Even if they are "gay" you can still get the used condom and use that for artificial insemination protocol. 

Again, if the pawn was normal they could have skipped being weird... (incoming SJW rainbow hate in 3,2,1) Either way even if they have hit some sort of genetic defect or evolutionary plateau you could still pass on their damaged gene seed.

In short. Tl;Dr. Assign TRAIT if you want them to be freaky... aka We Live Together Prison House are all girls who have the BI trait first.

6 hours ago, XxNelsonxX said:

maybe check the list of "compilation mod lists" I posted in Skomer's lists data? 

How are you pulling it down? A pass-over archive system you manage yourself or automagically? Personally I'm hearing Arch VERY upset that 1.2 was pushed automatically via steam.. YES, there is a ROLLBACK system. Is it easy to Use? no. Is it a pain? yes. Should you be using a system to pull down the .zips and adding them one by one to your mods folder? absolutely. Will doing a roll back mess up things? 100% if the mod operator tagged it as 1.2 compatible but so happens to use a scuffed .xml. 

7 hours ago, XxNelsonxX said:

I wish... I'm throwing so many errors I don't even know where to start or they came from.

I'm afraid I'm stuck with a extremely competent and hyper educated 10 year old female that I can't place in the Aging Capsule to hit 18 correctly. Not only that the scaling, head sizes and hair styles are completely messed up. Litterally bald but with two sets of hair styles in different scaling values.

Got rid of Children & Pregnancy because RJW handles that and Children Learning forcing kids born at 14 is a blessing since they can consent.. But Having a 10 year old Female Rapist that is always sexually frustrated is a problem on everyones morale. Also because she is normal bi she goes on insult sprees, can't r*pe anyone and isn't into animals. Sorry I don't have a good .xml or mod list order to give to you. And since I'm working an active colony there are factors I just can't mess with without destroying my entire colony. Do you know that even with 15 omnibots digging out a map that is 90% mountain takes 9 days? it's insane.

Personally, I need her 18 right now.. but I will have to wait ingame for 8 years. Wish me luck.

4 hours ago, HiShmexDrive said:

click on heart. it will open. and will list their orientation.. note you MUST assign trait via character creation aka Bi or Gay for anything else "funky"... Unless you have modified your starting Senario, forced trait all, player only, non-player with a % of bi or gay. As stated on first page two previously males that have been gender bent to females _was male will only sex if gay is true. There are zero 100% functioning hermaphrodites in all populations. Otherwise we would have been over run with a tribe of clones that could f themselves for new spawn 25,000 years ago. We can't set forced traits to a specific gender as of yet.. Probably more coding. But that is neither here nor there unless you are paying for that feature. Set gay trait to all pawns at 3% and set bi to 25%.

Truth is if a "Philia" exists then a "Phobia" exists.. Does Love of feet defeat Fear of Hands? I have no idea... But yeah.. We do know fear of penis exists.. AND fear of vagina exists.. Humans are weird and dumb and really narrow minded.

Just like Misandry or Misogyny. Usually one loves and fixates on one more then the other just to spite it. You typically don't have both ogynist/andrist they are Asexual/Ascetic and human haters Misanthrope but turns out they are a zooiphiles or even worse a necromancers.. ?_? necromancers yeah I said that right.

ANYWAYS, If you still have Developer Mode ON, (And yeah I know you might have turned it off because spawning things, altering terrain and magically creating items seems "wrong" forget it...") Get the colony up and running first. And Perfectly. THEN if you are brave enough turn off the dev mode stuff.. step by step...  With Character Editor you CAN click on the heart and hit re-roll. As long as the first fetish doesn't say INFERTILE... keep rerolling. You might have a character that is too old and is an empty egg-carton BASED ON AGE.. GET RID OF THEM.. Roll in a new one with some fertility. Nothing lives forever. Nature is metal.

The faq sheet at beginning has a great tutorial on traits.. But in order for the game to work right you MUST have a pawn that doesn't have infertile. Otherwise what is the point of that pawn? just a slave? or a king that rules for 10-25 years and gets a bullet. Even if they are "gay" you can still get the used condom and use that for artificial insemination protocol. 

Again, if the pawn was normal they could have skipped being weird... (incoming SJW rainbow hate in 3,2,1) Either way even if they have hit some sort of genetic defect or evolutionary plateau you could still pass on their damaged gene seed.

In short. Tl;Dr. Assign TRAIT if you want them to be freaky... aka We Live Together Prison House are all girls who have the BI trait first.

No i mean, i want to change their sexuality, i can already change and choose quirk (trait) at will at heart button,  but i can't change their sexuality (Asexual, Hetero, Etc) even using [DEV] Reroll Button. I'm using RJW 4.4.3, but it also didn't work in latest version

56 minutes ago, lonelynight said:

No i mean, i want to change their sexuality, i can already change and choose quirk (trait) at will at heart button,  but i can't change their sexuality (Asexual, Hetero, Etc) even using [DEV] Reroll Button. I'm using RJW 4.4.3, but it also didn't work in latest version

Step 1: Make sure that in RJW Sex Settings, you have selected the Vanilla "Sexuality spread source".

Step 2: In the list of traits (like Abrasive, Nimble, Beautiful, etc...) are also traits for sexual orientation (Asexual, Bi, Gay). Hetero is the default, so there's no trait for it. Use Character Editor to add such a trait to your pawn.

Step 3: Click the heart thingy, and behold, the pawn's sexuality will be whatever you assigned via trait. The "reroll sexuality" button is, despite its name, only for quirks, not sexuality.

3 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Step 1: Make sure that in RJW Sex Settings, you have selected the Vanilla "Sexuality spread source".

Step 2: In the list of traits (like Abrasive, Nimble, Beautiful, etc...) are also traits for sexual orientation (Asexual, Bi, Gay). Hetero is the default, so there's no trait for it. Use Character Editor to add such a trait to your pawn.

Step 3: Click the heart thingy, and behold, the pawn's sexuality will be whatever you assigned via trait. The "reroll sexuality" button is, despite its name, only for quirks, not sexuality.

I know about heart thingy and reroll button, but it can't change pawn sexuality midgame, which is strange because i remember changing sexuality in heart thingy button was a feature in some rjw version before, why it is removed?

1 hour ago, lonelynight said:

I know about heart thingy and reroll button, but it can't change pawn sexuality midgame, which is strange because i remember changing sexuality in heart thingy button was a feature in some rjw version before, why it is removed?

Vanilla added in sexual traits in 1.1

No reason to have the RJW orientations anymore.

1 hour ago, lonelynight said:

You can change pawn sexuality midgame... with Character Editor (just enable the tab in its options menu). (I'm quite sure you can devmode traits without Character Editor, too)

I guess it was removed because, as NeverLucky4Life sait, traits have been added to vanilla, and also there's mods that have more features (like Kinsey Scale), so it's easier to not have another way in RJW to change sexuality and have it be more compatible with everything else, than to replicate other mods' features and have to update everytime those mods change.

8 hours ago, lonelynight said:

I should mention even with Dev on.. If it says "None".. and you add a trait. "None" will be the first item in you save game for that pawn. See the save game guide on page 1.

Nugerumon, thank you. I do ramble. I don't mean to. Excellent explanation.