9 hours ago, lynak said:

1. Rational Romance and Psychology don't work well with RJW (creating hookup-anomalies), yet RJW keeps encouraging users to combine those mods, by seemingly "supporting" compatibility in its settings. In reality, the only compatibility is probably just sexuality-seeding.

2. The default initial settings for hookups and sexual compatibility are so high, that checks almost always fail, unless the two - as you said - already are enganged with another. You can lower the requirements in the settings.

3. Whoring is doublebroken: Firstly most visitors don't have enough money to afford services, and ed refuses to address this. Secondly the the previous AND current version has bestiality and whoring entirely broken (the changelog is false: It has not been fixed. Instead Ed just made changed something in the code, then compiled and released it without even testing if the codechange fixes the problem).

6 hours ago, lynak said:

Mechanics for CP(Comfort-Prisoner), casual sex and whoring (prostitution) all vary slightly:

For prostitution: Last time i checked (a few months ago, pre 1.1), the sexual compatibility checks are practically identical to casual sex, which is/was retarded (why would a customer care about how much he's friends with the seller? Especially when visiting a foreign colony. Why would the seller care about how much he's friends with a foreign customer?). In short: Mechanics for whoring are (almost) identical to casual sex (fuckbuddies), with a few important differences: 1. The customer must be able to afford the seller. 2. The seller must have a whoring bed (those luxu doublebeds for example). 3. Roomquality affects price, but i doubt it affects success chances (not 100% sure). 4. The seller must have whoring enabled.

For casual sex: Same as above, except the 4 listed differences. Room-quality should NOT matter. I would be surprised if mood matters.

For comfort-prisoners: Mechanics are VERY different, and very similiar to rape. Basically CP is just another type of rape-job, with the difference that you can explicitely mark people for it. This means: 1. Pawns will only use CPs when they get frustrated (they will prefer other normal sex options first, if available), but they'll pick CPs before randomly raping someone else (unless you change this in the job-priotities, which is only possible with the work-tab mod). This also means there are basically two vulnerability-classes: An attacker first checks CPs and there's multiple ones he picks based on vulnerability and maybe attractivity. Only if no CPs are available will the attacker consider the vulnerability of non-CP pawns.

Mood doesn't affect vulnerability, but many status-effects that raise vulnerability also lower mood (such as the "broken"-statuseffect), so that it looks as if lower mood equals higher vulnerability, when in reality both just tend to have similiar causes.

Masochist trait: Repeated checks on broken, so sooner or later it should happen. I don't know if the check is made during sex, or in other regular intervals, but it's not a one-tme thing.

Breaking works like any other so-called "hediff": There's a broken 'score' that goes from 0.0 to 1.0. On rape it increases. For every FULL DAY without rape it decreases by a certain amount. In other words: It's exactly the same mechanic as drugs. Rape is like taking a drug (thus raising broken-severity), and each day without rape is like "withdrawal" (reducing "addiction", aka broken-severity). The important thing is that the "withdrawal"-mechanic works on a daily basis, while rape-debuffs have a much longer timespan before they "fade away" (multiple days). This is why one person can have a lower broken-severity, yet a higher rape-debuff counter than someone else: It would happen if the former person got more "rest from rape", so that the severity-counter decreased on some days.

You seem knowledgeable about this mod. What settings do you recommend would be better as default values for the various options currently? What features would you recommend disabling for now that are deemed too buggy? I'd like to keep the mod relatively stable and conflict-free with only as many features enabled as are necessary.
Thanks for your insight.

16 hours ago, Fruitvlieg said:

I always dump RJW last in the list and no issues then

10 hours ago, Horatius_PL said:

RJW needs to be last in the load order and there are several mods that break RJW in the way you described it.

rjw is last in the list 
the list is not horrible but to long to place here 
ive got in the last 3 of the load order 
(the hyper preg mod that i cant spell correctly)
rjw
rjw race support
none of the mods i have now are new they all worked before the 1.1 update 
i tried removing AT (android Tiers) and its supporting mods and the issue persisted the only other big group of mods i can think of that i have is the O21 star wars mods 
as far as i am aware ive followed the load order recommendations to the letter
any help at all would be very welcome

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED/ i removed the entire O21 list problem seems to be fixed now ....pawns now have all parts .....so yay me lol

10 minutes ago, Ronnie21093 said:

So I am curious. Since the block was added around 1.1, would I be able to use Lost Forest and the compatibility mod for 1.0? Does the Lost Forest download from Steam still have the 1.0 version, or has the author removed it?

looked like it was scrubbed mate 

sorry my dude

17 hours ago, furel said:

The mood of the prisoner don't influence vulnerability, a nice cell doesn't matters for this value, right?

I think you were answered pretty well on everything else but I wanted to note that while mood doesn't affect vulnerability, the quality of the room affects how much visitors will pay.

21 hours ago, lynak said:

Mechanics for CP(Comfort-Prisoner), casual sex and whoring (prostitution) all vary slightly:

For prostitution: Last time i checked (a few months ago, pre 1.1), the sexual compatibility checks are practically identical to casual sex, which is/was retarded (why would a customer care about how much he's friends with the seller? Especially when visiting a foreign colony. Why would the seller care about how much he's friends with a foreign customer?). In short: Mechanics for whoring are (almost) identical to casual sex (fuckbuddies), with a few important differences: 1. The customer must be able to afford the seller. 2. The seller must have a whoring bed (those luxu doublebeds for example). 3. Roomquality affects price, but i doubt it affects success chances (not 100% sure). 4. The seller must have whoring enabled.

For casual sex: Same as above, except the 4 listed differences. Room-quality should NOT matter. I would be surprised if mood matters.

For comfort-prisoners: Mechanics are VERY different, and very similiar to rape. Basically CP is just another type of rape-job, with the difference that you can explicitely mark people for it. This means: 1. Pawns will only use CPs when they get frustrated (they will prefer other normal sex options first, if available), but they'll pick CPs before randomly raping someone else (unless you change this in the job-priotities, which is only possible with the work-tab mod). This also means there are basically two vulnerability-classes: An attacker first checks CPs and there's multiple ones he picks based on vulnerability and maybe attractivity. Only if no CPs are available will the attacker consider the vulnerability of non-CP pawns.

Mood doesn't affect vulnerability, but many status-effects that raise vulnerability also lower mood (such as the "broken"-statuseffect), so that it looks as if lower mood equals higher vulnerability, when in reality both just tend to have similiar causes.

Masochist trait: Repeated checks on broken, so sooner or later it should happen. I don't know if the check is made during sex, or in other regular intervals, but it's not a one-tme thing.

Breaking works like any other so-called "hediff": There's a broken 'score' that goes from 0.0 to 1.0. On rape it increases. For every FULL DAY without rape it decreases by a certain amount. In other words: It's exactly the same mechanic as drugs. Rape is like taking a drug (thus raising broken-severity), and each day without rape is like "withdrawal" (reducing "addiction", aka broken-severity). The important thing is that the "withdrawal"-mechanic works on a daily basis, while rape-debuffs have a much longer timespan before they "fade away" (multiple days). This is why one person can have a lower broken-severity, yet a higher rape-debuff counter than someone else: It would happen if the former person got more "rest from rape", so that the severity-counter decreased on some days.

Thank you for your explanation, now I understand much better how works the mod.

To see when the machoquis trait is given I checked code of the mod and I found, in the notes of the autor, it should happens after the rape. Furtermore, I found the code were checks the chances in the file xxx.cs, here is the pice of code I think is the responsable:

Spoiler

public static bool BadlyBroken(Pawn pawn)
        {
            if (!BodyIsBroken(pawn))
                return false;

int stage = pawn.health.hediffSet.GetFirstHediffOfDef(feelingBroken).CurStageIndex;
            if (stage >= 3)
            {
                //when broken make character masochist
                //todo remove/replace social/needs dubuffs
                if (RJWSettings.AddTrait_Masocist && !is_masochist(pawn))
                {
                    var chance = 0.05f;
                    if (Rand.Chance(chance))
                    {
                        if (!is_rapist(pawn))
                        {
                            pawn.story.traits.GainTrait(new Trait(masochist));
                            //Log.Message(xxx.get_pawnname(pawn) + " BadlyBroken, not masochist, adding masochist trait");
                        }

So, to test when happens I change the value of chance from 0.05f to 1.0f and tested. Don't happens, just a normal interaction. I full broke another pawn just in case and nothing.

Even I changed the conditional  "if (Rand.Chance(chance))" to "if (true)" to force that and still without gain the trait.

It works at all?

Ran into a bug where rerolling sexuality just ignores sexuality traits and set everyone to asexual permanently, requiring loading an old load to "fix" meaning everyone has 2 usually opposite random sexualities and fetishes, regardless of sexuality trait or the hypersexuality trait and just endlessly cycles through fetishes while only rolling their sexuality as asexual, meaning you have to make the choice between gay heterosexuals with random unrollable fetishes, or gay asexuals with rollable fetishes, or something like that.  Happens to every single one of my colonists when trying to fix their sexualities to match the trait or lack thereof.

25 minutes ago, GayestDragon said:

Ran into a bug where rerolling sexuality just ignores sexuality traits and set everyone to asexual permanently, requiring loading an old load to "fix" meaning everyone has 2 usually opposite random sexualities and fetishes, regardless of sexuality trait or the hypersexuality trait and just endlessly cycles through fetishes while only rolling their sexuality as asexual, meaning you have to make the choice between gay heterosexuals with random unrollable fetishes, or gay asexuals with rollable fetishes, or something like that.  Happens to every single one of my colonists when trying to fix their sexualities to match the trait or lack thereof.

Had that issue myself a bit back - did the pawns spawn with chest/genitals/anus properly? For me they didn't and once I added them with dev mode I was able to roll other sexualities again.

14 hours ago, 17smita said:

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED/ i removed the entire O21 list problem seems to be fixed now ....pawns now have all parts .....so yay me lol

It doesnt have to be the O21 mods problem. I had the same shit with multiple mods who supposedly made RJW stop working.

If i had to guess its some problem with Harmony/Hugslib interaction.

For those who run the current version, yet whoring and bestiality still doesn't work, with pawns going to the bed and then failing to get it on, try this: Check if the bed is placed with the pillowside directly to a wall (in other words: Like any sane person would place a bed!). If so, turn it around so the pillowside faces open space. That fixed it for me.

No idea why this even changed - placing beds like a normal person worked in past versions of RJW - not anymore apparently.

3 hours ago, furel said:

Thank you for your explanation, now I understand much better how works the mod.

To see when the machoquis trait is given I checked code of the mod and I found, in the notes of the autor, it should happens after the rape. Furtermore, I found the code were checks the chances in the file xxx.cs, here is the pice of code I think is the responsable:

Hide contents

public static bool BadlyBroken(Pawn pawn)
        {
            if (!BodyIsBroken(pawn))
                return false;

int stage = pawn.health.hediffSet.GetFirstHediffOfDef(feelingBroken).CurStageIndex;
            if (stage >= 3)
            {
                //when broken make character masochist
                //todo remove/replace social/needs dubuffs
                if (RJWSettings.AddTrait_Masocist && !is_masochist(pawn))
                {
                    var chance = 0.05f;
                    if (Rand.Chance(chance))
                    {
                        if (!is_rapist(pawn))
                        {
                            pawn.story.traits.GainTrait(new Trait(masochist));
                            //Log.Message(xxx.get_pawnname(pawn) + " BadlyBroken, not masochist, adding masochist trait");
                        }

So, to test when happens I change the value of chance from 0.05f to 1.0f and tested. Don't happens, just a normal interaction. I full broke another pawn just in case and nothing.

Even I changed the conditional  "if (Rand.Chance(chance))" to "if (true)" to force that and still without gain the trait.

It works at all?

Did you recompile it after changing the source? The CS-files are different to XML-files: XMLs are just configfiles, that are rechecked on every gameload. CS-files in the SOURCE-dir instead are actual sourcecode, that must be compiled into a DLL, then placed in assemblies-dir, before the game actually uses the changes.

P.S.: If your next question is "how do i compile sourcecode", i'm gonna run away screaming - or maybe just answer: "You don't".

Great mod, and thank you for it. I notice a bug I wanted to report though. I make my colonists in my preparations, go down to RimWorld, and over time, the breasts, genitals and anus change. Breasts and penises shrink and expand, seemingly at random. Is this intended?

3 hours ago, lynak said:

P.S.: If your next question is "how do i compile sourcecode", i'm gonna run away screaming - or maybe just answer: "You don't".

No, I don't. I thought it was so simple like the XML files so I just try. In any case if I want that trait desperately I use the dev mode and done.

hello I have question (or bug ? )

-First , I see you can active hero mode , but I can't active this one

-Zoophile don't work/or I fail ... I put trait zoophile and nothing (I put trait with custom character but nothing)

-Best to begin with solo survivor or three ? (I love naked brutality or Rich explorator story but basic is fun too)

-Surrend force a kidnapping ? (Or I am unluck)

Sorry for my broken ENGRISH

9 hours ago, Horatius_PL said:

It doesnt have to be the O21 mods problem. I had the same shit with multiple mods who supposedly made RJW stop working.

If i had to guess its some problem with Harmony/Hugslib interaction.

yeah i didnt think it was that mod i was just saying that action was what fixed it

10 hours ago, pumacatrun2 said:

Had that issue myself a bit back - did the pawns spawn with chest/genitals/anus properly? For me they didn't and once I added them with dev mode I was able to roll other sexualities again.

They had everything, I thought it was the featureless chest I used since prepare carefully gives everyone, male or female average breasts when selected, but flat breasts on randomized males, but on a random new colony with normal every proper part on every colonist, but it still has a 100% chance of rolling asexual while fetishes reroll perfectly fine.  

On 3/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, 369cf0 said:

After looking into how sounds work in Rimworld, I've discovered that SubSoundDef.TryPlay selects a random audio grain to play, as seen here:

public virtual void TryPlay(SoundInfo info)
{
  ResolvedGrain resolvedGrain = this.RandomizedResolvedGrain();
}

public ResolvedGrain RandomizedResolvedGrain()
{
  chosedGrain = this.resolvedGrains.RandomElement<ResolvedGrain>();
}

So if this works as I think it does, couldn't this be implemented with just a few xml edits and a tweak to xxx.sexTick()?

Example (not tested):

<Defs>
  <SoundDef>
    <defName>FemaleHumanMoan</defName>
    <context>MapOnly</context>
    <eventNames />
    <maxSimultaneous>1</maxSimultaneous>
    <subSounds>
      <li>
        <grains>
          <li Class="AudioGrain_Folder">
            <clipFolderPath>Sex/moans/human/female0</clipFolderPath>
          </li>
          <li Class="AudioGrain_Folder">
            <clipFolderPath>Sex/moans/human/female1</clipFolderPath>
          </li>
        </grains>
        <volumeRange>
          <min>16</min>
          <max>16</max>
        </volumeRange>
        <pitchRange>
          <min>0.8</min>
          <max>1.2</max>
        </pitchRange>
        <distRange>
          <min>0</min>
          <max>51.86047</max>
        </distRange>
        <sustainLoop>False</sustainLoop>
      </li>
    </subSounds>
  </SoundDef>
</Defs>

Rather than see this wonderful suggestion disappear in the sea of posts, I was think of reposting this in the [mod] RJW -New Sounds thread. Would doing violate forum "norms"? 

So I managed to fix my disappearing UI issues by simply re-installing RJW, but now whenever my male and female pawns (with all appropriate body parts) have sex, RJW throws an error in the log that no available sex types exist for them. I am so confused.

1 hour ago, audixas said:

So I managed to fix my disappearing UI issues by simply re-installing RJW, but now whenever my male and female pawns (with all appropriate body parts) have sex, RJW throws an error in the log that no available sex types exist for them. I am so confused.

I'm getting the same error. It works properly if you force an action through hero or direct but anything the pawns do on their own just throws the error.