AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

yeah nothing for AAF pops up after that, only thing with aff in the name is the test temming me that SEU is working, i use NMM only one i really know how to use, normally the BF sets up all the mods but he not here so i throught id try myself lol its not going too well hahaha

Edit: just tried to uninstall AAF and reinstall it, and still dont show up on new game, using both AAF and the compatability patch, Plus the actor type patch for all of them. :(

OK. Deactivate everything 'til AAF and then open the AAF file with 7.zip.

O.o This will be a loooong sentence…

Then copy the content from 'Base', 'Automatron Sup', 'Far Harbor Sup', 'Nuka World Sup', 'Auto Renamer', 'Sample', 'Undressing Full', and finally 'actorType All' into an empty Folder.

Mark the content of the new folder for copying ([Strg]+[A] for all files - [Strg]+[C] for copying). 

Then find *HDD with Game*\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data

Go into Data and copy the files in there (click somewhere in the folder - except on a folder in there - and use [STRG]+[V] to insert them).

Now reactivate the mods in the same order as in the list and fire up the game. 

Maybe i wrote too much, but i don't know how much you know about computer...

ok i turned them all off, copied the files into a new folder, copied the entire folder over to game data, turned them all back on in order, but still no AFF pop up after character creation, and on top of that now the hotkeys are not working for SEU... so not sure what happened... :(

when i turn them back on i am meant to override conflics right? cus i just click yes to all when turning them back on... i assumed that was the reason for the order...

5 hours ago, Agnot2014 said:

Does anyone know how I can get a copy of AAF 79 Family Planning Enhanced? My system is saying the page is infected with URL:Mal and won’t open it.

You just wrote in a thread of the 'infected' page. ;)

Some AV get a bit overzealous and produce false positives. I've just downloaded the file again and ran it through mine. Nothing there. So you might want to turn off the AV for a moment, download the file, and then turn it back on again.

Btw. If you use Win10 the inbuilt AV is good and there's no need to pay for another AV software. Only in the darkest corners of the net it won't be enough - but then you'd need something like Black ICE anyway...

2 hours ago, xRAVENxCLAWx said:

yay i did a full clean install of Fallout and now i got AAF to work (kinda) its being detected now and loading at the start, but now im getting...

AAF ERROR: [005] Actor ID "20" Not found...

same error if i try to do solo animations or ones with another actor...

You got a broken animation pack. If i remember correctly one of the ones for 4P (might also be one file of the patches for them). I got indications (sadly no confirmation) that our actor ''20'' is the char you're playing.

@Kythana  I was just following along at home (fresh build, thanks for creating and maintaining this)  I got to the subgraph data merge section and would suggest an additional step:

37 Modified OffsetData

This is a simple mod that depends on your installed mods. If you have several conflicting files with the name PersistantSubgraphInfoAndOffsetData.txt simply open each one and copy the content into a new txt-file. Rename the new one to PersistantSubgraphInfoAndOffsetData.txt, zip it (don't forget to put it in the right path (DATA > Meshes> AnimationTextData > Animationoffsets)), and then add it to your manager and overwrite/override the already installed ones. This one should always be the last mod you install into your game as it resolves quite a few problems.

I've put my own file (with the right pathing) as an example below.

In this step, in addition to merging the files into a single text file - it would be a good idea to remove the duplicates as well.  While not strictly necessary, it's "correct".  One can do this with various means, but the easiest way would be to put the list in Excel and use the "Remove Duplicates" feature on the ribbon.  NotePad++ can also do this, but requires the TextFX plugin.

37 minutes ago, Kythana said:

You just wrote in a thread of the 'infected' page. ;)

Some AV get a bit overzealous and produce false positives. I've just downloaded the file again and ran it through mine. Nothing there. So you might want to turn off the AV for a moment, download the file, and then turn it back on again.

Btw. If you use Win10 the inbuilt AV is good and there's no need to pay for another AV software. Only in the darkest corners of the net it won't be enough - but then you'd need something like Black ICE anyway...

You got a broken animation pack. If i remember correctly one of the ones for 4P (might also be one files of the patches for them). I got indications (sadly no confirmation) that our actor ''20'' is the char you're playing.

Thank you downloaded AAF 79 with Virus checker off successfully.

2 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

@Kythana  It would be a good idea to remove the duplicates as well.  While not strictly necessary, it's "correct". 

You're totally correct on this. Will add something for that.

2 hours ago, Agnot2014 said:

Thank you downloaded AAF 79 with Virus checker off successfully.

?

2 hours ago, xRAVENxCLAWx said:

time to make an actual character now set up all the setting and go have some fun :) 

Thats good news. Have lots of fun. ?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm starting to like MO2. Clean interface, not so overdone like Vortex, and finally, not like the others, keeping the order of the files the same way as you installed them. No more renaming every single one to keep that.

LoadorderNPC.png.6405a24ab70e9573f3f8ad1a9b0fd564.png

Now on to group 06...

@Ray2393

That's one of the things i have no answer for.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just finished group 13 of 18. Switching to a different mod manager takes forever…

12 hours ago, Kythana said:

I'm starting to like MO2. Clean interface, not so overdone like Vortex, and finally, not like the others, keeping the order of the files the same way as you installed them. No more renaming every single one to keep that.

dunno if you watched some tutorials, but just in case, you can change the order of the left panel, any order that is in there is basically like changing the order you installed a mod also a "+ lightning" in a mod means its overriding files from another mod,  "- lightning" means its overwritten by something and a grey lightning means all files are being overwritten by other mod

Going over to AAF is all very convoluted and confusing.

Is Leito F04 Rigs required if you’re only playing not creating?

I am hoping to install all the below mods in this order on my Fo4 restart.

1 Looks Menu Customization Compendium-24830-v10

2 AAF Beta 25-31304-25b
3 2_AAF - Compatibility Patches V2.8
4 Crazy_Animations (Rug Version) - v2.7
5 Crazy_Animations (Mod Manager Gun Version) -  3-11-17
6 Four-Play Animations by Crazy 1.3
7 FO4_AnimationsByLeito_v1.4b
8 AAF 79_FamilyPlanningEnhanced
9 AAF SEU V0.12
10 AAF_Animation_Position_Tags_V181108.0
11 AAF_RSE v4.0 (10-28-2018)
12 AAF patch for leito and crazy fomod v2_1
13 ILER - Animation Edition (AAF) v10.5-21040-v10-5-1541933305
14 Atomic Lust v2.21a
15 SavageCabbages Animation Pack V1.0.3
16 Vadermania[AAF]
17 VIO_Strap-On V3
18 AAF Violate V0.47
19 Rogg DD Items Manager v1.0.2

This adds 17 to my load list without my other mods.

I was hoping to remove everything Four Play related and install the new AAF items without replacing my other mods, unless anyone can see a problem in the list.

This is my load list at the moment which is using the old Four Play items.

plugins.txt

@2Dimm

MO2 is lot like Vortex (only imho better ;)). Good to know about the silver lightning. As i understood it 'Crazy Safari - Stop Gatorclaws' was a patch - now it looks like to be a complete replacement and the other version is not needed at all.

Thanks a lot for the info. ?

@Agnot2014

Sorry, but if you mix other mods into the list you're on your own. I might add more to the list later on (like slavery), but only after i've tested them myself.

The rigs from Leito are in there as someone ran into trouble 'cause they were not installed. Its the the same as with the sample files for AAF.

51 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@2Dimm

MO2 is lot like Vortex (only imho better ;)). Good to know about the silver lightning. As i understood it 'Crazy Safari - Stop Gatorclaws' was a patch - now it looks like to be a complete replacement and the other version is not needed at all.

Thanks a lot for the info. ?

@Agnot2014

Sorry, but if you mix other mods into the list you're on your own. I might add more to the list later on (like slavery), but only after i've tested them myself.

The rigs from Leito are in there as someone ran into trouble 'cause they were not installed. Its the the same as with the sample files for AAF.

Thank you I will include the rigs in my list. It won’t add to the load list anyway as I downloaded and checked. It’s just annoying having to keep turning off my Virus checker to get to these pages.

Thank You again.

No problem. If i can help somehow i will. ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back to installing AAF, then the weapon replacers and the final mods. A whole day gone redownloading and reinstalling all the mods. 

On the other hand i was now able to identify and remove some mods as they were redundant.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More stuff to add to 'Troubleshooting AAF'. Not a bug but a problem a beginner might have while using MO2. Let's see if there's more... 

...two more. Either MO2 is too sensitive or the mod author/tool didn't compress them correctly.

MO2 already covered that, you just have to know 'how'.

O.o

Exactly what i was afraid of. Let's find a good tutorial…

Oo.png.59038c15998c793e7dfbd2537bf89a3a.png 

Looks like i got some broken files during the transfer. Redownloaded and everything works fine.

Got (almost everything) working again.

Sadly one of my favourite mods got to go as well. Now i get a crash while entering the UI. Dectivating that one and everything works fine… So almost 100% compatible isn't compatible enough anymore.

I'm REALLY going to miss that mod. Nevertheless i will update post #1 and 'Troubleshooting AAF' for it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Love MO2. Had i known this one works so well i would have started to use it a long time ago. Being able to move mods and patches around was worth the time reinstalling everything i have here.

A big 'Thank you' to @2Dimm and @Protozoo. You guys convinced me to give it a shot and you were right with everything you wrote. ?