AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

7 hours ago, Jordick said:

Aaaw, no love for Mama Murphy?  ?

*shudder*

I've seen quite a few things in my life and i'm not scared of much. But that is one of the few things where i definitely draw a line in the sand...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh crap, i might have accidently caused a babyboom in the Commonwealth. FPE remembers your settings and for the tests i had raised the percentage of the fertility to 95%. Now make i guess what i forgot to lower again while playing (and retesting) the game the whole time...

On second thought it could have been even worse… 

… if Mama Murphy was not set to OFF.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally got a good texture for the guys and which plays nice with the EVB. Updating post #1 and #4 now.

Also fixed another set of typos and missing words. I've gone through the posts again and again and still find some...

Camouflage

1680709809_Nowyoudont.png.3b81d05e827c97980bbdc9fca635d886.png

43 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Either you have to wait a bit more and it continues, or something wasn't correctly installed / broke. The mod managers sometimes forget to install all files.

Check 'Game crashes with AAF' in our Troubleshooting section.

I manually install EVERYTHING & activate them in NMM.......

?

@VonHelton

Thats already known. I do it a bit different and it works… and can still use a mod manager to remove all mods one by one.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reworked post #1. There shouldn't be a mismatching format anymore and moved some parts to a more logical position.

I hope you like the 'new' look.

Next update for 'Troubleshooting' had a few ideas to add to it. ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So finally got to add the pic for the profile. This means i'm going to stay with you for a looooong time.

Don't worry i won't bite…

… that often.

11 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I manually install EVERYTHING & activate them in NMM.......

?

thats literally the worst advice out there... one mistake and you have to start all over again or find every single file from a specificity mod and its really easy to leave tracers behind that will kill your game in the long run, yes NMM sucks and people should all use Mod Organizer, easy to enable and disable mods, NEVER fails to install files, NEVER deletes your files by mistake but most important doesnt messes up with your fallout 4 installation, even has one of the best conflict checking tools from all organizers

installing manually might work for you after years of trial and error... but for most people? you are sending them in a suicide mission

@2Dimm

Hmmm, maybe i should take a look at MO or MO2?

I use NMM at the moment - and wrote a giant block how to get this one working in regards to AAF. Was thinking about adding some pics to clarify some things...

O.o Just noticed that there was an incomplete version. Fixed that.

2 hours ago, Kythana said:

@2Dimm

I use NMM at the moment - and wrote a giant block how to get this one working in regards to AAF. Was thinking about adding some pics to clarify some things...

MO2 is the way to go for fallout 4 because it supports 64 bit games, MO1 only works great for skyrim... even with MO2 out which supports all bethesda games its still useful because in MO1 there is BSA conflict checking and you can make bsa's load after loose files for exemple, while in MO2 only loose files are checked and all loose files load after BSA's (this is the normal bethesda engine behavior), making the switch from NMM to MO may be a bit of a pain, but after you get used, it is a new world with easy troubleshooting and no problems like in NMM... after i swapped years ago i never went back :^)

58 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@2Dimm

I agree with @2Dimm

Honestly speaking, MO2 is heaven on earth compared with the other ones. The nightmare of having to reinstall the games because of becoming unstable due to mod tampering is impossible with MO/MO2. Since I installed it around 2012 I've never reinstalled any game. With NMM... what a PAIN! I remember with FO4 I decided to stop playing until MO2 were released and when it did... xD it was bugged as hell xD things didn't work and Tannin42 abandoned the project to start with Vortex... but a fkd up MO2 was even better than NMM.

People complain it's difficult to manage... I bet Those who complain are those who are usually found in any comment section of any mod asking a question that is answered in the first paragraph of the Mod's description.  One only needs to read and watch a couple of videos and doesn't need a degree in quantum physics to know how to use MO2.

Installing manually is pretty cool if you are a seasoned mod user, but lets be honest, you have to know very well what you are doing and it's a pain having to keep tabs of overwritten files, backups and stuff, with MO not a single file is overwritten: Click folder and move it up or down to make it "VIRTUALLY" overwrite the files of another mod. If you want only a few files from one mod to overwrite another mod right click hide file/mesh/texture/script/folder of the overwriting one (and those file/mesh/texture/script/folder will be disabled and won't overwrite the other mod) you've changed your mind? right click to unhide.

In NMM install mod, uninstall mod, install mod, uninstall mod... a loop is a loop.... tick, tack, tick, tack... and... BOOM "I need a clean install"  and then reinstall all the mods again... YAYYY!

To say it simple:

If I were to follow Kythana's guide because, lets say I have all those mods installed but I did a mess and it doesn't work, the only thing I would need to do would be:

Move folders and plugins "up and/or down" to mimic Kythana's order...

Yep as simple as that...

Meanwhile with NMM uninstall all those mods and now reinstall them following the order Kythana stated.

Thanks for the info. :)

Then i will definitely take a closer look. Vortex was just a nightmare and the old NMM starts to get on my nerves too...

Thankfully i remembered my old trick so its not as bad as some years ago. But still a PITA even with the tools i listed in post #2, removing is easy, reinstalling is the annoying part. While testing this whole thing i had to clean the game at least six times so that there wasn't anything left which could influence the results and i always had to check if all of the files were really there.

@2Dimm

Thats exactly my thought when i hear 'manual install' and 'working'... One little slip and you're in a world of suffering.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, crap…

ultimate-face-palm-because-sometimes-even-a-double-facepalm-doesnt-21840551.png.6a2a9e761863f429430d30b32583197b.png

… added so many stuff for textures and completely forgot the creatures.

Fixing now. (Fixed)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And i noticed the number of visitors is rising all the time. So either this thread is starting to get some traction (what i hope for) or they just come for the files (which i mentioned in 'Troubleshooting AAF'). Either way, if this all somehow helps you guys its been worth all the trouble...

Finally got the deathclaw test finished. F/M works fine - M/M doesn't as there are no animations for that one available atm. Added to Troubleshooting.

Will add a new post with all results so far.

Almost final results (see below)

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw: needed morphs not available atm)

Using Furniture - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Deathclaw intercourse - OK (F/M: OK  - M/M: no animation available atm) 

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse - OK

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK 
TD - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

PS - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

DD - OK (Application: OK - Shop: OK)

KF - OK 

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK (Everything Shows up and works)

VIS-G - OK
RSE -
OK (Assault: OK - Abductions: OK - BN: OK - Bounty: ? - Book: OK - Brothel: OK - Infamy: OK - Informations: OK - Items: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

SEU - OK

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - gone 
Animation Failure - gone
Boxer Shorts - gone

The Grey one was confirmed working by someone else (will still recheck it). The one with the '?' has a requirement i can't fulfill at the moment.

Now the list in post #1 is final.

Should i change something i'll keep you updated in the first line of the first post.

Updating status to 'Release V0.9.9' (Closing in on Release 1.0.0).

The last two things to test are 'Brothel' and 'Bounty hunters' of RSE. The other stuff works.

6 hours ago, Kythana said:

And i noticed the number of visitors is rising all the time. So either this thread is starting to get some traction (what i hope for) or they just come for the files (which i mentioned in 'Troubleshooting AAF'). Either way, if this all somehow helps you guys its been worth all the trouble...

i feel like you should ask for your post to be pinned, all the others are either just BAD or incomplete

edit: WAIT it is lol but its not this one which is the most complete

3 hours ago, 2Dimm said:

i feel like you should ask for your post to be pinned, all the others are either just BAD or incomplete

I already had a visit from one of the guys with the green name a few days ago (noticed him in 'Recently Browsing'). So they noticed this thread. How to get something pinned is still unknown to me, also i have no idea who to ask for that. Adding to that are the several threads trying to answer the same question as this one.

But i think i'm the one who got ahead… Just two more tests for me and then we'll see if i really managed to combine everything in one list (afaik the only animation pack missing is ZaZOut which has such a low version number that i intentionally didn't include it yet(?)).

Going to test 'Insane Ivy 4.0' now. Sounds very good and might be a nice addition to the list of recommended mods

New free stuff in Bethesda's CC. You might want to take a look at the 'rainbow set' for the power armor. It contains the black and tan color scheme. The tan one looks quite good if you want something 'realistic'. 

Also for the first time i'm tempted if i should buy there. The backpacks have a reduced price now, are an ESL, and it would save me three slots in my load order. On the other hand i don't really want to support the CC... 

Ran around with Ivy for a few hours and don't have enough words to say how impressed i am. That is not a mod, that is just Incredible... The other companions don't have the slightest chance against her!

What the mod author and the voice actress accomplished there is… just... *out of words*

Added to the list of recommended mods and my always-install-list.

13 hours ago, VonHelton said:

My pure AAF? Just 1 install, bro.......

?

MO2 = 2 years without a clean install and haven't suffered any kind of withdrawal symptoms... yet!

Btw Kythana, I see you've added some weapon replacers. I suppose RU556 could be a good replacement for those who can't find MK14 EBR. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33409 The mod author added some links to retextures and different meshes.

This one is a pretty balanced version https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15499?

This one not so balanced but very immersive https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6949?

On the other hand, in point 11 of your post, 11 AAF Compatibility Patch you have unchecked Four Play Proxy and Thrax Action Poses, I understand FPP but TAP? I'm not trying to correct you here, just asking because I honestly don't know and I'm curious about it and from what I remember it differs with what the other 2 guides stated. (But honestly, is because I wish I could take out Shino's and Thrax's Action Poses out of the plugins list xD)

16 hours ago, Kythana said:

(afaik the only animation pack missing is ZaZOut which has such a low version number that i intentionally didn't include it yet(?)).

ZaZOut is pretty neat, with quite astonishing animations and you can see it's added in Halstrom's AAF Animation Position Tags. Even RSE uses it if you have a hooker rug close to it. It may seem to be unfinished or not too reliable because of the low version number but as it is right now it's pretty solid.

Spoiler

<!--ZaZOut4_positionData_Furniture-->
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-00" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-01" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-02" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-03" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-04" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-05" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-06" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>
<tag position="PilloryOral_BJ-07" tags="F_M,HydroPillory,FromFront,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim1,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToMouth"/>

<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-00" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-01" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-02" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-03" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-04" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-05" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-06" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-07" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>
<tag position="PillorySex_A-Pussy-08" tags="F_M,Pillory,FromBehind,aggressive,Held9,Love0,Stim5,Dom-9,NilSelf,PenisToEither"/>

Data.jpg

@Protozoo

I simply love the replacers. With a normal weapon mod you get somewhat overpowered. But if everyone gets new weapons ist suddenly a total change to the game (and you don't feel like you are 'cheating'). Shortly after i installed them i saw some raiders - a cakewalk normally - and started my normal attack routine. A few moments later there was a bulletriddled corpse on the ground, but that was mine and i didn't get a single raider on top of that. Now i have to think ahead how to approach groups or encampments of enemies… And i love it!

The Mk14 is a really good sniper rifle. Its a real shame that the gun was hidden by the author. So i made three backups of the files… ;)

I'll take a look at the RU556 - thanks for the tip. :)

The patch for Thrax will be only be installed a bit later. The reason for that is in #22.

I have ZaZout already downloaded. But before testing that one i want to get the rest working together perfectly. When i started i simply didn't know that it existed… Mea culpa in this regard. 

1 minute ago, Kythana said:

@Protozoo

I simply love the replacers. With a normal weapon mod you get somewhat overpowered. But if everyone gets new weapons ist suddenly a total change to the game (and you don't feel like you are 'cheating'). Shortly after i installed them i saw some raiders - a cakewalk normally - and started my normal attack routine. A few moments later there was a bulletriddled corpse on the ground, but that was mine and i didn't get a single raider on top of that. Now i have to think ahead how to approach groups or encampments of enemies… And i love it!

The Mk14 is a really good sniper rifle. Its a real shame that the gun was hidden by the author. So i made three backups of the files… ;)

I'll take a look at the RU556 - thanks for the tip. :)

The patch for Thrax will be only be installed later. The reason for that is in #22.

I have ZaZout already downloaded. But before testing that one i want to get the rest working perfectly together. When i started i simply didn't know that it existed… Mea culpa in this regard. 

I also use weapon replacements, as you say, they spice things up.

ZaZout is not very popular, it was the last one I found too it's pretty hidden but I guess the #1 hidden mod in my case was AJ XML Files. I read about it less than a month ago...

The hardest one for me was AAFSEU091718. Everyone recommended it - but no one provided a link. It took me days to hunt it down. I was happy when i finally found it and then it was the one that caused my 'white whale' (aka bug) which took me five days (and the assistance of several mod authors) to fix...

I have an issue with stripping suddenly. Its seems that out of nowhere, non vanilla clothes won't come off and after scenes anything that did come off won't come back on for the PC. Stripping works fine on NPC's as long as they seem to be wearing vanilla items. And it's weird because everything was being stripped at first. Any insight?

The solution for the first problem is that you need the XML which i linked at the bottom of post #1.

The second one is in 'Troubleshooting AAF' (in case i forgot to copy something).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moved the section 'Troubleshooting' completely over to 'Troubleshooting AAF'. The differences were so small it made only twice as much work for me and didn't help that much here (except to make the tread unnecessarily long).