AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

Kythana, 

I followed your load order from a few days ago along with the guide from BiRaitbec on Nexux, plus added some I like ? , if you have a moment to peruse my load order could you give me some constuctive criticism on how I should order it?  Been playing continuously for several days now, got a level 20 character and most of everything is working!!! yay. 

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
WorkshopFramework.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
HUDFramework.esm=1
TortureDevices.esm=1
AAF.esm=1
Knockout Framework.esm=1
Devious Devices.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
CROSS_BrotherhoodRecon.esp=1
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp=1
spacefiddle_Follower-Stealth-Distance-Fixes.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
CBBEFix.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Ghouls Revamped.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-ArmorByClass.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-CosmeticsByClass.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp=1
Immersive HUD.esp=1
K9TacticalHarness.esp=1
Tactical Flashlights.esp=1
Tactical Flashlights - Settings.esp=1
WestTekTacticalOptics.esp=1
HAAS Physics.esp=1
HAAS Far Harbor 2LM.esp=1
2pacSkimpy.esp=1
KarnaFlannel.esp=1
KarnaPiper.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - AWKCR Power Armor.esp=1
WD_10mm_Pistol.esp=1
My_Minutemen.esp=1
Synth Overhaul.esp=1
Synth Overhaul - No level requirements Patch.esp=1
Synth Overhaul - VIS Patch.esp=1
CF_AtomicWarlord.esp=1
CF_AtomicWarlordNoMod.esp=1
CF_AtomicWarlord_CBBE.esp=1
CF_AtomicWarlord_VIS.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
3dscopes-replacer.esp=1
Better Explosives.esp=1
BE_Enhanced Grenades.esp=1
Better Explosives - Perks redone - No Trajectory.esp=1
Better Explosives - Grenade Frequency 30.esp=1
Better VATS - 0.75.esp=1
Better Perks.esp=1
BLD_CoA_Patch.esp=1
Better Locational Damage.esp=1
RaiderOverhaul.esp=1
Raider Overhaul - AE Patch-Restored Content-VIS.esp=1
BLD - Leveled Lists - DLC.esp=1
Better Locational Damage - Ghoul Edition.esp=1
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Automatron.esp=1
Better Locational Damage - DLC_WWorkshop.esp=1
Better Locational Damage_ Raider Overhaul_Valdacil_Patch.esp=1
Better Chems - Valdacils Item Sorting.esp=1
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Far_Harbor.esp=1
Better Cooking.esp=1
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Nuka_World.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Male3.1.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Female4.1.esp=1
MoreBeards.esp=1
MiscHairstyle.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
Lots More Facial Hair.esp=1
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp=1
CompanionOverhaul.esp=1
Live Action Handy.esp=1
SSNPC - Minutemen.esp=1
SSNPC - DCResidentsAIO.esp=1
Guards.esp=1
DeterminedDesdemona.esp=1
KindKasumi.esp=1
MesmerizingMagnolia.esp=1
MagsBlack.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
BetterSettlersMostlyFemale.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
PD_LowerWeapon.esp=1
InstitWeapPosit.esp=1
SettlementMenuManager.esp=1
WorkshopRearranged.esp=1
WorkshopRearranged_DEFUI+VIS_Patch.esp=1
EssentialSlogNPCs.esp=1
PackBrahminsToEyebots_ALL.esp=1
SnapBeds.esp=1
Loot Detector.esp=1
Scrapper Corpse Highlighting - DLCRobots Fixes.esp=1
EssentialAbernathys.esp=1
CigaretteInMouth.esp=1
AGOMBz.esp=1
Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esp=1
Prisoner Shackles.esp=1
VIO_Strap-On.esp=1
Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp=1
Crazy_Animation_Rugs.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
SavageCabbage_Animations.esp=1
GrayUserBPAnimations.esp=1
Rufgt's Animations.esp=1
Atomic Lust.esp=1
Mutated Lust.esp=1
Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp=1
Farelle_Animations.esp=1
Shino Poses.esp=1
ThraxActionPoses.esp=1
CumNWealth.esp=1
AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp=1
CumNWealth_mutant.esp=1
Rogg DD Items Manager.esp=1
CWSS Redux.esp=1
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp=1
AAF_RSE.esp=1
AAF_RSE_DLCPatch.esp=1
RSE_CWSS_patch.esp=1
AAF_RSE - VIS Patch.esp=1
AAF_SEU.esp=1
AAF_RSE - Better Settlers Patch.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp=1
Clarity True Storms Version.esp=1
WET.esp=1
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Recommended Settings.esp=1
Radrose Usability Enhancements.esp=1
Radrose Usability - Workbench Perk Requirements.esp=1
Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Immersive HUD.esp=1
Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Loot Detector.esp=1
Radrose - Valdacil Patch - My_Minutemen.esp=1
Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Synth Overhaul.esp=1
Radrose - Valdacil Patch - TrueStormsFO4.esp=1
Radrose Usability - Empty Bottles.esp=1
VIS - CROSS Brotherhood.esp=1
VIS - K9 Tactical Harness.esp=1
VIS - Wearable Backpack and Pouches Power Armor.esp=1
VIS - Wearable Backpack Weave.esp=1
VIS - Tactical Flashlight.esp=1
VIS - Settlement Menu Manager.esp=1
VIS - SnapBeds.esp=1
VIS UFO4P Patch Vanilla Weight.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=0
BostonFPSFixAIO.esp=1
PaladinBaileyRedRocket.esp=1
le666piercings.esp=1
CCOFoxyFactionsReplacer.esp=1
CCOSaucySettlersReplacer.esp=1
CCOVulgarVillainsReplacer.esp=1
MostlyFemale.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
ScrapUpdate - Ultimate.esp=1
BuildingGroundFix.esp=1

Having problems with FFF threesome when a shenanigan occurred so I was wondering if I put something ahead of something else!

thanks alot, if you don't have time I quite understand.    (Everybody else feel free to throw your ideas this way too. thanks)

@Ray2393

I can only repeat myself as Agnot had a similar question:

Sorry, but if you mix other mods into the list you're on your own. I might add more to the list later on (like slavery), but only after i've tested them myself.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Right now i'm chasing down a bug which causes a crash while redressing (after 'Basic Needs'). I've narrowed it down to the moment when you redress the shoulder pieces of the combat armor.

It looks like MO2, with its virtual install, is a bit more sensitive and i got it down to a handful of mods, which shouldn't have anything to do with AAF, that might be the cause of the problem.

1 hour ago, Kythana said:

@Ray2393

I can only repeat myself as Agnot had a similar question:

Sorry, but if you mix other mods into the list you're on your own. I might add more to the list later on (like slavery), but only after i've tested them myself.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No, that's fine, I'm just looking for someone with more knowledge than me. Thanks anyways. Again, your guide was very helpful.

@Delzaron

I've not used that one before. But all this here starts to shape up nicely.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The bug seems to be in combination with 'Combat Armor Pauldrons and Mesh Tweaks'. Will run further tests...

20 Minutes 'sleep' trigger 'Basic Needs' and look if it crashes.

Deactivating the mod > no crashes.

Activating the mod > crashing again.

Looks like i found the culprit. Will add it to the list.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To continue the narrative ;)

… or just to relax in the comforts of the past...

BrothelRoom.png.ced8b48f7e3f365b193a28a7326af936.png

… anything goes in the 'Red Cat Bar'.

BrothelEntrance.png.8ca407f301dbf4c75db6dd6e7a514347.png

Almost final results (see below)

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw: needed morphs not available atm (confirmed by mod author))

Using Furniture - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Deathclaw intercourse - OK (F/M: OK  - M/M: afaik no animation available atm) 

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse - OK

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK 
TD - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

PS - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

DD - OK (Application: OK - Shop: OK)

KF - OK 

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK (Everything Shows up and works)

VIS-G - OK
RSE -
OK (Assault: OK - Abductions: OK - BN: OK - Bounty: OK - Book: OK - Brothel: OK - Infamy: OK - Informations: OK - Items: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

SEU - OK

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - gone 
Animation Failure - gone
Boxer Shorts - gone

The grey ones were confirmed working by someone else (will still recheck it).

Should i change something i'll keep you updated in the first two lines of the first post. 

Updating status to a (cautionary) 'Release V1.0.0'. 

Planned:

Own check of Brothel: in progress

Own check of Bounty: in progress

Integration of slavery

Integration of ZazOut

Almost final results (see below)

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw: afaik needed morphs not available atm)

Using Furniture - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Deathclaw intercourse - OK (F/M: OK  - M/M: afaik no animation available atm) 

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse - OK

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK 
TD - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

PS - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

DD - OK (Application: OK - Shop: OK)

KF - OK 

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK (Everything Shows up and works)

VIS-G - OK
RSE -
OK (Assault: OK - Abductions: OK - BN: OK - Bounty: OK - Book: OK - Brothel: OK - Infamy: OK - Informations: OK - Items: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

SEU - OK

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - gone 
Animation Failure - gone
Boxer Shorts - gone

The grey ones were confirmed working by someone else (will still recheck it).

Should i change something i'll keep you updated in the first line of the first post. 

Updating status to a (cautionary) 'Release V1.0.0'. 

Planned:

Own check of Brothel: in progress

Own check of Bounty: in progress

Integration of slavery

Integration of ZazOut

Whoua... I should go back on fallout 4 one day...

Before finding a project to join, I'll check the mod list...

@Delzaron

It was (and in the two cases i have to check still is) an incredible amout of testruns. In the last week my char got six levels (19 atm) the rest were testruns. Rinse, modify, and repeat 'til it finally works...

Getting the ferals is the worst part. I managed to trigger them only a few times and always had to struggle with the angle of the camera.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Added an entry about mod managers to post #1. This seems to be the cause of many problems and i think it should be adressed as well.

You're welcome ?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just got the Information that #6 (aka the rug version of crazy) might be redundant. Looks like there are no XML adressing these animations (just looked through all files and found no connection too) and so they are not used via AAF. This would mean that we might get one ESP less in our loadorder (which is always a welcome change). Will take a closer look at it.

This one was extremely easy to test. Looks like the animations are separate from 4p and AAF and only require the crafted rug to work (similar to CWSS Redux). Changed it to 'Optional' as it might be only interesting to builders of settlements and is not a hard requirement for something else on the list.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Added two separate files of 'Crazy Safari' to the recommended mods. We got animations for some of the creatures in there so it might be a good idea to install these too.

Docs for printing are available again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Found a better texture pack for hair. Update to post #4.

1950's Feminine Outfits another addition to recommended mods. Fixes some laziness on Bethesdas part. Totally forgot that it was a mod and not already in the game...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Perhaps i 'fixed' something that needn't be fixed at all. Looking into that atm and maybe #37 isn't necessary and can be deleted. Will let you know as soon as i'm through with the batch of test runs...

OK, ran every test i could think of and #37 is not needed. I had some problems with animations before i made that one - but even after removing that file everything still works fine, so it must have been something else.

Sorry for that one.

Will update the version number so you'll see that something changed in the list...

On 11/5/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jordick said:

I ran into another slight problem, this time with the Sex 'em Up animation and the masturbation animations more precisely.

Whenever I try to initiate the masturbation through hotkey (MCM-->Sex Em' Up-->Hotkeys), the game gives me error message saying something along these lines:

AAF ERROR [034]: Failed to start ¨F¨scene because there are no 'SOLO FEMALE HUMAN' animations using tags:MASTURBATION. Install animation pack with this type of animation.

I obviously tried to search for masturbation animation packages, but as usual finding a specific AAF animation package is pretty tough thing to do.

Anyone has pointers where I could find these female masturbation animation packages?

Good evening,

I am getting that same error.

My LoadOrder and Modlist are in joint files. What am I missing? I have the tags mod installed, image as joint files

Dog/F, M/F sex works. So it's really missing an animation.

Thank you for this guide and in advance for the help.

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

2018-11-19 18_11_29-AAF Animation Position Tags.png

2018-11-19 18_34_02-AAF.png

@Nameraca

Same answer as always when something like this comes up:

The missing file is #4 which btw was answered a few posts below the one you quoted.

I simply don't have enough time to look for bugs and fix them, new info that might be important for the list, look out for mods that could be integrated, write all the stuff here and then check lists other people have made on top of it all.

@Kythana  Another "quality of life" suggestion/tip for MO2 users.  MCM has a problem with some mod's in-game settings files and loading them later.  In some cases, it flat out will not recognize that the file is even present as it's not named the same (capitalization) as the plugin.  So when I made changes to the Family Planning MCM settings in-game, they were being saved correctly to the correct .ini file, but MO2 would not recognize it on subsequent loads.  The solution for this is two-fold:

1. Make sure that the MCM folder from the Family Planning (and other mods) is moved to the ..Fallout4\Data\ folder of the game install path.

2. Make sure that the .ini file in the ..\Fallout4\Data\MCM\Settings\ folder for FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini is actually camel case to match the plugin name's capitalization.

The plugin's name needs to match the .ini name exactly or MO2 will not find it and not load the user's customized settings.  This was the case with FP Family Planning and XDI for me.  I needed to rename both.

FROM: fp_familyplanningenhanced.ini TO: FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini (plugin FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp)

It's an easy to miss thing and can be maddening when you fire up the game for the first time and the customized settings don't persist.

@Nameraca

Same answer as always when something like this comes up:

The missing file is #4 which btw was answered a few posts below the one you quoted.

I simply don't have enough time to look for bugs and fix them, new info that might be important for the list, look out for mods that could be integrated, write all the stuff here and then check lists other people have made on top of it all.

Thanks for the reply. But it seems I have this file.

Yeah, I'm not asking for help in that context, the problem is not a functionality issue - I'd deal with that myself, it's not fair to bother you with that kinda thing - it's that I'm missing *something* but I can't figure out what.

I used your list as a checklist to upgrade my mod setup to AAF from FP. I downloaded every single animation mod - they all load fine.

So either it's an issue with tags, or I'm missing a mod.

I read that post before I posed actually, and I have these files.

However it may be that I'm missing some animations, when looking at its content.

I remember having a Crazy "multi" (maybe tool) something, with Fourplay, am I missing that?

2018-11-19 20_06_37-Fallout 4 Mod Organizer v2.1.5.png

2018-11-19 20_07_54-Animations_By_Crazy6987.png

1 hour ago, AWP3RATOR said:

i think its just a problem with Family Planning itself, as its the only mod i have problems aswell, easy solution for family planing: after the new ini is created with your changes just edit whatever changed to the original mod ini 

2 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

...camel case… 

I got the rest. But i have absolutely no idea what that expression means… Looks like i still have to brush up my english 'a bit' more… ;)

Going through my folders i found a 'FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini' (already written this way). But i never placed it there… Must be a rest of the old NMM installation and it looks that i have to go through all folders again. Was already a PITA to get everything from Vortex.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tip! This is very useful for debugging and i will check the rest as well. But the tip will end up in 'Troubleshooting' (maybe with another list). ?

@Nameraca

RSE sort of 'controls' the animations. Thats the reason its at the end of the list and all animations before it. We don't need a tool or gun of crazy.

@2Dimm

Strange, i didn't notice anyhing unusual. I get my messages, quests work, the belly grows, etc. But that might be 'cause the ini already existed. Another thing to check.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few minutes ago i finally finished the preparation of my base and the Brothel for my settlers. Just have to get rid of ~2500 purified water and can then fire up the beacon for the first time. Then i can finally start my own tests for the brothel.

I got the rest. But i have absolutely no idea what that expression means… Looks like i still have to brush up my english 'a bit' more… ;)

Camel case is mixed upper and lower case letters where usually the upper case letters introduce words concatenated together to form a combined word such as FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.ini.  Supposedly such words look like camels with their raised head and humps.  

Programming things.... :)  That wasn't actually camel case, it's a mish-mosh of cases.

camelCase - second word is capitalized, no spaces

snake_case - lower case space replaced with underscore

PascalCase - every word is capitalized, no spaces

kebab-case - lower case, space replaced with dash

.... it goes on :) 

To some programming languages:  A != a  some they are equal.  Papyrus script engine is one such language/engine that is case insensitive.  It seems to matter for MO2.

8 hours ago, Kythana said:

@2Dimm

Strange, i didn't notice anyhing unusual. I get my messages, quests work, the belly grows, etc. But that might be 'cause the ini already existed. Another thing to check.

everything works! except it doesn't save the ini settings (at least for me) if you dont need to edit anything its just fine, but i wanted to enable all the notifications and it refused to save until i edited the settings manually in the ini file it says you should not edit lol