AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

It's Incredible how much difference an ENB really makes. The smaller ones were taken at the same time (early morning), only with a different ENB each. I just wanted to make a comparison pic, and couldn't believe my eyes seeing this result. I'll never go back to the old one…

Comparison.png.a5a839008d94f4a5047d919a465f44be.png

I just quote my self:

which are incompatible with AAF, cause problems with the files in my list, or got other issues that make them unusable for us

If you think working dismemberment during the fight and missing dismemberment on the ground is OK, thats your opinion.

I, on the other hand, was looking for an improvement over EVB. But that it is not given, its imho even worse than completely missing dismemberment. Or in other words, here fits the 'got other issues' and i can't recommend it and don't think it should be used with AAF. If you fix that problem, and the morphs still work, i'll be one of the first to give it another go and might also recommend it. As it is now atm i can't.

'Insane Ivy' for example was completely unknown to me before, i tested it, works extremely well and so i recommended it. I absolutely love 'Unique NPC', tested it, and found it causes a problem with AAF, uninstalled it and warned about it. Same rules for every other mod... 

Wow, Right off the bat with the snark and the idea that I somehow gave enough of a fuck other than to laugh at your inconsistent standards for saying my work's incompatible with AAF in your publicly available guide when it's recommended in the AAFCP and by a few animators... But ok. Anyway

Don't talk shit about dismemberment to me when I've been actively trying to get it working thanks. what you think is an easy process to make happen is a lot more work and I'd appreciate you not trying to act like Just because I didn't do it on release means I didn't give a fuck about quality especially considering CBBE/AB/JB and other female bodies don't even have dismemberment themselves in their main downloads. 

53217941-1539434918.jpg.c3b74e4dae3157925e46053d2b71ef14.jpg 

Don't worry it won't come to that. With this behaviour i'll just ignore you from now on...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now to the more important things.

Almost 900 Visitors today… 

Also i think i discovered a hidden bug that i'm trying to get to show up again. It was there for a second and gone the next. Might be a glitch but  i'll be digging a bit more.

The brothel is almost finished (still need more settlers) and that will then be one of the next things to check.

I also might have a problem with way too much water. Got four smaller purifiers and PWR, but the collected water is way too much per day. Hopefully PWR doesn't conflict with something in the list. It would be a real shame to loose that mod...

17 minutes ago, 2Dimm said:

imagine getting this butthurt because someone doesn't recommend your dick mod...

Imagine implying that a mod is somehow worse because it didn't include dismemberment (When almost every single body mod aside from WonderBody doesn't have Dismemberment in their main Mod and Janebod doesn't even work with the Weight triangle) , as if adding that was two magical clicks I was somehow too lazy to do... 

I ain't bothered. If Dismemberment is gonna be the hill you choose to die on (and it's a shitty hill to die on, but your life, your bad decisions) for saying my work ain't AAF compatible to your standards, you better be doing that with every other work in the same vein too. 

9 hours ago, 2Dimm said:

imagine getting this butthurt because someone doesn't recommend your dick mod...

Yep. Give me valid arguments in a civilized discussion and i might change my mind or a least agree to disagree. I'm the last one who doesn't want to help others (hope that makes sense in english). But i also expect a certain amount of manners and courtesy.

But going on like this… Well, i don't think he got what he was hoping for and he still didn't get why i did it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like i got a hiccup with 'Transfer Settlements'. Two mannequins at the same time in the same spot.

Manequin.png.a84a94bf843bb5ee91259f34c0265021.png

Easy to fix if you know that there are two in the same spot. Added that to Troubleshooting.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tried for a few hours to get the momentary bug to reappear. No luck with that, so i assume it was just a momentary glitch or i misinterpreted something.

Looks like i built a few tanks too many (they are a nice decoration) so it was not the fault of PWR but my own to get too much water.

Just tried the synths but only got 'no rapists found'. Couldn't find many references to them in the files i got here. Got to dig a bit if i missed a mod for them.

23 hours ago, Kythana said:

The solution for the first problem is that you need the XML which i linked at the bottom of post #1.

The second one is in 'Troubleshooting AAF' (in case i forgot to copy something).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Moved the section 'Troubleshooting' completely over to 'Troubleshooting AAF'. The differences were so small it made only twice as much work for me and didn't help that much here (except to make the tread unnecessarily long).

Added the file. Nothing seems to have changed. The odd thing is that at one point, everything was stripping fine then suddenly any clothes or armor from a mod will no longer strip. Can't understand why. All the clothes have the proper slots assigned. 

That's strange. Then there are several possibilities:

1. Is the 'Strip API' in RSE activated (page #1)? (That usually fixes 'a few' problems)

2. Was there an update to the armor mod?

3. Something 'broke' (often caused by the MM) and you have to check the files.

7 hours ago, xRAVENxCLAWx said:

ok i have no idea what im doing wrong, i just returned back to Fallout after a long break, hoping the modding scene would expand and it has, i folled your guide step by step, installed everything in the orders you said to, and botted up the game, all the mods are in there, the MCM shows them all active and i can change setting, but none of the animations play, the talk part happens if i use the hotkeys but then they just go back to normal nothing loads... i have no idea what i did wrong :(

Look at my recommended Settings in post #1. That should help.

@negroted

In a way that got nothing to do with AAF but more with the used mod. Also this can already be found in the description of the mod itself... 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like i got a flu. Wasn't feeling too well for a few days already. But don't worry, i might work a bit slower now, but i'll still continue with the tests.

I just need a nice warm blanket and coffee… Lots of coffee… And looots of cookies… *nom nom nom*

Finally figured out how to link to a certain posting. This will make a few things easier in the future… Update to post #1.

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

Look at my recommended Settings in post #1. That should help.

@negroted

In a way that got nothing to do with AAF but more with the used mod. Also this can already be found in the description of the mod itself... 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Looks like i got a flu. Wasn't feeling too well for a few days already. But don't worry, i might work a bit slower now, but i'll still continue with the tests.

I just need a nice warm blanket and coffee… Lots of coffee… And looots of cookies… *nom nom nom*

Finally figured out how to link to a certain posting. This will make a few things easier in the future… Update to post #1.

my setting within the MCM are all identical to yours, they are still not loading the animations, not for any of the mods. i did follow the guide very closly, the only part i struggled with was " 37 Modified OffsetData " that made no sense to me and i may have lover looked it, is it really that huge of a step that nothing will work at all?

also *brings you a cookie to feel better* get well soon :)

Do you get the white list of AAF when you start the game? This sounds as if AAF is not running at all.

That file is for some mods who still use it (like animations for weapons and two packs for AAF). Without it some animations would be off, but its not critical.

Wait...

Cookie?

MINE!

*nom nom nom* ?

48 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Do you get the white list of AAF when you start the game? This sounds as if AAF is not running at all.

That file is for some mods who still use it (like animations for weapons and two packs for AAF). Without it some animations would be off, but its not critical.

Wait...

Cookie?

MINE!

*nom nom nom* ?

i just started a new game to cheak and no nothing about AFF pops up, the other mods say loaded but nothing in regard to AFF...

*gives another cookie for helping so fast*