AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

I'm writing this because I suspect there are 'many' members of this lovely community who experience 'this' and are ready to smash something ?

The problem: "I'm mid-playthrough. Done every step. AAF doesn't load no matter what."

The abridged version of my possible solution: Run the game. Save the game. Quit. Uninstall AAF. Run the game. Save the game again. Quit. Install AAF. Load your recent save. Test AAF by pressing 'home' key.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit of context:

The problem: "No matter what I do, even though I've followed the installation guide to the T, pressing the 'home' key doesn't do anything and the white debug text doesn't appear either. I've checked all the files manually as well to make sure the beloved NMM/Vortex/MO hasn't forgotten to copy anything."

I came to this topic as my last resort. I came upon AAF and RSE in the middle of a playthrough that I sure as heck wasn't ready to abandon (if at all possible). I was almost ready to save AAF/RSE for my next playthrough.

The funny thing is, as I was reading Kythana's amazing guide I was like, "Yes! Exactly! I did that. I've installed that little patch too. Yes. ... " But it was like AAF somehow wasn't interested in loading at all ... So out of pure whim, I did something very simple, yet a bit unintuitive. And here it is:

I loaded the game, the one with all the 36 steps with non-working AAF. I saved this faulty state. I quit the game. I uninstalled AAF (and AAF alone). Ran the game again. Saved the game (let's call this the 'clean' save). Opened my Nexus Mod Manager and re-installed AAF. Loaded the 'clean' save. AAF was friggin' working this time!

If all fails, ladies and gents, give this a try.

Cheers and thank you for this awesome topic.

Brothel confirmed and works.

Only error is that the 'Madames Desk' is seen as a 'Doctors Shop' in the management software/terminal - another thing for @Flashy (JoeR) to fix.

See next post. ;)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Almost final results (see below)

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw: needed morphs not available atm (confirmed by a mod author))

Using Furniture - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Deathclaw intercourse - OK (F/M: OK  - M/M: afaik no animation available atm) 

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse - OK

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK 
TD - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

PS - OK (Application: OK - Building: OK)

DD - OK (Application: OK - Shop: OK)

KF - OK 

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK (Everything shows up and works)

VIS-G - OK
RSE -
OK (Assault: OK - Abductions: OK - BN: OK - Bounty: OK - Book: OK - Brothel: OK - Infamy: OK - Informations: OK - Items: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

SEU - OK

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - gone 
Animation Failure - gone
Boxer Shorts - gone

The grey one were confirmed working by someone else (will still recheck it).

Should i change something i'll keep you updated in the first two lines of the first post. 

Planned:

Own check of Brothel: in progress Done

Own check of Bounty: in progress

Integration of slavery

Integration of ZazOut

5 hours ago, Kythana said:

Brothel confirmed and works.

Only error is that the 'Madames Desk' is seen as a 'Doctors Shop' in the management software/terminal - another thing for @Flashy (JoeR) to fix.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She was done this way on purpose so that she had access to the doctor vendor leveled list, specifically for the RSE sexual health and STD healing items. ;)

Makes sense. Then i got nothing to complain about. ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another thing in case someone is wondering. It is enough if the prostitute got the bracelet in her inventory.

Just got an error again (this time on purpose). Looks like what and how you set up your furniture got an influence too. I've made some tables in my bar out of barrels and a floorplate. I never intended to have something happening there.

Table.png.844207683f4e78261119dcff066b946d.png

But when it does this combination doesn't work too well and causes an error message. Looks like i have to find another solution for this room...  

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Removed the floorplates and now everything seems to be fine again. But i'll keep an eye on that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK. Looks like it really was my use of the floorplates, tried to get the bug reappear but everything works fine again.

So its back to leveling for the Bounty test (and hopefully get rid of McGreedy along the way).

Btw. should i add a list or additional info of which sort of animations (aka F/M, F/F, M/M, Races, etc) can be found in which pack?

@Hippeus

Thanks a lot for this one. I didn't know this pack and it looks way better than the (now crappy) solution i had until now. In other words, this will end in the list as it needs to be placed below AAFCP to work correctly with AAF.

This was the look i was aiming for all the time...

Too bad i can only give one 'thumbs up' for it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update to 1.0.4

Added 'Hairy Men for EVB' to the list (post #1) and my recommended textures (post #4).

Now to update the PDF (Done).

9 hours ago, Kythana said:

@Hippeus

Thanks a lot for this one. I didn't know this pack and it looks way better than the (now crappy) solution i had until now. In other words, this will end in the list as it needs to be placed below AAFCP to work correctly with AAF.

This was the look i was aiming for all the time...

Too bad i can only give one 'thumbs up' for it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update to 1.0.4

Added 'Hairy Men for EVB' to the list (post #1) and my recommended textures (post #4).

Now to update the PDF (Done).

NP. It's what was recommend to me months ago when I was looking for a better alternative to the base EVB. Also the links to both above posts lead to either Devious devices or still pubes for EVB.

man i feel like uninstalling RSE, most of its features are either annoying or dont work ,i dont get what ardor does, i disabled infamy, i dont use solicitation, never used brothels, basic needs are pretty anoying, cant use advanced needs in survival, CSA is PRETTY broken and unimersive, i dont get what perversions does, i disabled all STD's, never got abducted to know if its any good... in the end all i really use and like is the shenanigans, and now that i discovered its abandoned i'm even more inclined to remove it, i wonder if it might cause problems with my save game

@2Dimm

If you remove it or not is your decision, but i'll try to answer a few of your questions:

1. Ardor is the sexual drive of the char. The higher it gets the more the char needs sex.

2. Infamy (aka the reputation) is needed for the 'Bounty Hunters' and if they will come for you.

3. The perversions will give you sort of psychological 'perks' in the long run. Those are then what your char likes or not and will give you (dis)advantages in certain situations. 

4. The abductions are hard quests where you have to free yourself from being captured, sold as a slave, etc.

@GodWearsGucci

Sorry, havn't done any posing yet, so i can't give you a definite answer.

But take a look at the chem station. There you can craft items for posing, although i don't think they got anything to do with AAF.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, 2Dimm said:

man i feel like uninstalling RSE, most of its features are either annoying or dont work ,i dont get what ardor does, i disabled infamy, i dont use solicitation, never used brothels, basic needs are pretty anoying, cant use advanced needs in survival, CSA is PRETTY broken and unimersive, i dont get what perversions does, i disabled all STD's, never got abducted to know if its any good... in the end all i really use and like is the shenanigans, and now that i discovered its abandoned i'm even more inclined to remove it, i wonder if it might cause problems with my save game

Autonomy Enhanced. You seem to use nothing in RSE except NPC/NPC sex, so why use RSE at all? Just get rid of it and use Autonomy Enhanced - it is my version of Random Shenanigans as a standalone mod, which is precisely what you are after anyway. As for the remainder of the comments, well, obviously thats your personal experience and not general consensus. Your save will be fine once all is removed, provided you had no RSE debuffs. Be sure to use the REMOVE TOOL in the MCM prior to removing the mod from your game otherwise you could possibly mess up your settlement build menu. Once RSE tells you it is safe to remove, then you can do so. I'd also look into clean save processes just to be sure you flush everything out and get your save as RSE-free as possible since we wouldnt want there to be any chance that RSE's past presence could be held accountable for any other mods future 'lack of immersion and broken state'. Good luck!

4 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Autonomy Enhanced. You seem to use nothing in RSE except NPC/NPC sex, so why use RSE at all? Just get rid of it and use Autonomy Enhanced - it is my version of Random Shenanigans as a standalone mod, which is precisely what you are after anyway. As for the remainder of the comments, well, obviously thats your personal experience and not general consensus. Your save will be fine once all is removed, provided you had no RSE debuffs. Be sure to use the REMOVE TOOL in the MCM prior to removing the mod from your game otherwise you could possibly mess up your settlement build menu. Once RSE tells you it is safe to remove, then you can do so. I'd also look into clean save processes just to be sure you flush everything out and get your save as RSE-free as possible since we wouldnt want there to be any chance that RSE's past presence could be held accountable for any other mods future 'lack of immersion and broken state'. Good luck!

Your avatar is missing?

?

10 hours ago, Hippeus said:

@KythanaCan you tell me what options you had picked in Vivid Weathers to go with Decent ENB setting you have please?

I don't remember the exact settings as i installed them a few months ago, but i didn't take the water extension and the 'natural light setting' (too bleak for my taste). But the last one might be from the ENB.

I thought i finally got rid of the flu… Sadly i'm down again.

13 hours ago, Kythana said:

I don't remember the exact settings as i installed them a few months ago, but i didn't take the water extension and the 'natural light setting' (too bleak for my taste). But the last one might be from the ENB.

I thought i finally got rid of the flu… Sadly i'm down again.

ok thanks!

How does the Sex Em' Up's Surrender feature work for you guys?

I'm having some problems with the enemies ignoring the Surrender dialogue scripts and continuing their patrol, thus exiting the dialogue.

However, if the enemies are stationary and not moving around, they finish the dialogue and the Surrender scene starts.

I did try re-installing the RSE with a clean save, but it didn't change a thing.

I'm starting to suspect that the Sim Settlements scripts are interfering with the RSE scripts and it messes them up. However, the SS is one those mods that once you try it you cannot play without it anymore, because it vastly enhances settlements.

Three questions: First, I have a slight issue with TAP's patch. It says there's no proper data directory. Do I just... Install it as is? Second, Would adding Boston Breeder to the end of this modlist break anything? I can't imagine it would, but I feel like I have to ask. Third, All of the recommended mods that aren't represented in the guide, should I put them before or after this list?

@Jordick

If the enemies are 'red', and fighting against you, SEU works fine. It might need a few seconds to work but thats all i noticed about it.

@Mecha_Face

1. I guess you use MO2. Try a right click on the folder below the first 'Data'.

2. Thats something you have to test yourself. The mod seems to have a few issues with the quests so i put it on my 'later-list'.

3. The recommendations should be put before the list.

In general: Everything in the list should be put as low as possible (see 'Load Order' in post #1). There are only very few mods which should be installed after them. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've been off for a few days 'cause i got my 'christmas present' earlier than expected. Mainboard and GPU died without warning… First time i bought a board which wasn't top shelf (didn't need all the stuff the two better boards offered) and it took the GPU along for the ride to the recycling bin.

So atm i'm not able to test more stuff 'cause i need to save some money before i can fix that… 

Anyway, i'll be around to answer questions, but i'm unable to do more.

so far the only problem i have is green cum textures being applied sometimes even while only raiders or settlers are having some fun

20181203002054_1.jpg.b2300df9a28db2fae1ceeef2aa9ed2cc.jpg

i wonder if the only way to fix this is editing the green textures itself, since they are applied pretty much randomly