AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

You could run wyre bash and use the build bash patch thing. It usually comes up with an error window, with mod info when missing .esp. Other than that is could be one of the 3,085,689 patches that you installed.

Edit: or run loot, and read the warnings it should tell you as well, don't use the sort function. I have read that sorting with loot will pooch the load order.

anyone with a stable install willing to list their plugin load order?  followed the crossing the great wastes guide for most of the mods and now i think i've fucked myself with LOOT after installing AAF with sex mods.

specifically i'm wondering about the placement of different AAF associated mods (different animations or the sex mods).  should they be way down the plugin list, with the animation plugins behind/above the AAF sex mods?

14 minutes ago, johnny2by4 said:

anyone with a stable install willing to list their plugin load order?  followed the crossing the great wastes guide for most of the mods and now i think i've fucked myself with LOOT after installing AAF with sex mods.

At the bottom of leitos86 post, he has some instructions, and there is a load order in the spoiler at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

Good luck=D

edit: By this thread, I mean aaf for beginners (on hold). And thanks for the tip looking into crossing the great wastes now.

2 hours ago, d3m4l1s said:

At the bottom of leitos86 post, he has some instructions, and there is a load order in the spoiler at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

Good luck=D

edit: By this thread, I mean aaf for beginners (on hold). And thanks for the tip looking into crossing the great wastes now.

i'll warn you now.  the guide makes heavy use of esl and esp flagged as esl.  new to FO4 modding i'd never used esl files so it looked like black magic until i realized how many damn plugins you end up with.  i have 395 right now, and since i didn't follow the guide to the letter i had to make my own leveled list patch; fun fact, wyre bash doesn't work with more then 255 plugins...

edit: fix is to get the wip version of wrye bash.  found on their discord.

4 hours ago, johnny2by4 said:

i'll warn you now.  the guide makes heavy use of esl and esp flagged as esl.  new to FO4 modding i'd never used esl files so it looked like black magic until i realized how many damn plugins you end up with.  i have 395 right now, and since i didn't follow the guide to the letter i had to make my own leveled list patch; fun fact, wyre bash doesn't work with more then 255 plugins...

edit: fix is to get the wip version of wrye bash.  found on their discord.

Oh yeah, i am scared to do the crossing the great wastes. I just did Bitraitbec clean with a reinstall of f04. I have backups of both. Tbh I am kind of afraid to use BitRaitBec because I am not sure how it will go with flashyjoes rse mix. I am currently leaning towards a flashplay install, as even though I am researching aaf, I know it will mess up at some point.

All that I have on mo2 atm is BitRaitBec and ivy, was thinking about the test run that was mentioned in CTGW, but most of my problems don't start until I hit level 15+, then I get random ctd's and corrupt saves. The last play through I could not save near the end of that first BOS mission Call to arms, after I got out of the building I could save as per normal.

Yeah not sure what I am going to do, play as is, or tackle another try. But CTGW may be more than I can handle. The falmrim tools don't help either, I have tried and the save is all ways a write off. I'll figure it out.

thank you for the guide!

i rigorously followed everything and have a stable game other than having everything active when starting a new game, i get the white screen after the intro.

after reading through some of the posts here, i did a vanilla start without mods and got through codsworth part and then activating my stuff.

so basically AAF doesn't work for me. i mean it doesn't make a difference if it is enabled or not ingame, when i press the home key nothing happens.

i also tested the RSE surrender part, nothing happens, as if those mods aren't even installed. i tested the normal lower weapon surrender as well as the quick surrender hotkey.

it's weird because googling and reading the posts here doesn't come up with anything, did no one ever got the same problem as me?

Hello,
I encounter problems with AAF:
AAF error 004 cceejfo4002-nuka.esl
AAF error 004 lesbian animations.esp
AAF error 004 cctosfo4001-neosky.esm
AAF error 004 cctosf04001-bhouse.esm
AAF error 004 cczsef04001-bhouse.esm
I tried to find solutions but I could not find anything.

Hey, sorry to bother you, I’ll probably look like an idiot but i tried to follow the tutorial. But when i launch my game, nothing work, i havent an  error or message. I have just nothing. The game work but i dont have the mods. I used the last version of mod manargers. Sorry for my english .

@preserotri

It looks like aaf is not initialized, perhaps, this happened to me once. What worked for me, was I disabled everything under the animation theme packs then I started a new game and aaf went through its start up. You can press home in game to see if you get the aaf menu, if you don't then aaf is probably not working. Afterwards I saved left game then enabled the rest of the mods. This is what worked for me, I hope that helps.

@tim8867

You did not read the instructions, during the savecabbage install Do not select mods you do not have ie: the cc stuff. During the aaf patches for leito and crazy, you added the leito patches that this guide specifically tells you not to.

@legend51

Nothing is very nondescript. Crash To Desktop? black screen? white screen? Sometimes, with a lot of mods to there is a very long wait for initial loading I am on an ssd and it's about 2 mins. A hard drive would probably take 10+ minutes.

To all please go to the post below before asking for help, it is an excellent resource and Kythana did a gr8 job with it. Most of the help I give out I learned from here.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/110701-troubleshooting-aaf/

@d3m4l1s thank you for taking the time. i tried your suggestion and other troubleshooting methods, for hours.

i am at my wits end atleast. i have years of experience modding skyrim but this game drives me insane.

At this point i've reinstalled F4SE, AAF etc multiple times. in the aaf settings ini i turned the debug mode to true (which would mean i would have seen something happening in my left side of the screen)

it always comes to the same conclusion: AAF does not initialize. not on a minimal setup safe in just arriving in concord nor a new safe.

"If you do not see the debug text on the left side of the screen at this point it suggests that the mod is not being loaded. Check that all files are installed and that the plugin is enabled through your mod manager or via the Mods section of the main Fallout 4 game menu."

(taken from AAFs troubleshooting wiki) i did the as described. everything enabled, but it nothing's happening ingame, it is driving me nuts!

1 hour ago, preserotri said:

which ones do you mean? i think i rechecked them all, everything up to date - Looksmenu, the basic themes, F4SE, am i missing something?

on the discord server there is a tool you can use to verify that the requirements are properly in place. sounds like that would be a good place for you to start.

20 hours ago, dagobaking said:

on the discord server there is a tool you can use to verify that the requirements are properly in place. sounds like that would be a good place for you to start.

OK, your game file verifier did it for me, puuuuuuuh.

it seems those scripts from the F4SE Binaries were missing duh.

i haven't copied them over because it was nowhere mentioned.

F4SEs readme literally says  to only "Copy f4se_1_10_120.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder."

i thought all the time those scripts and extra data in the zip were dummies for other content creators to use.

so uhm, yeah, thanks a lot, you guys really saved my ass, i thought i was going crazy.

aaf.JPG

So if i can do something in return, hit me up, i can atleast provide help with something like a german translation.

3 hours ago, preserotri said:

F4SEs readme literally says  to only "Copy f4se_1_10_120.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder."

i thought all the time those scripts and extra data in the zip were dummies for other content creators to use.

It's a very common problem. To be fair, it does say to move the data folder over in the instructions on a later line. But, it seems like the way it's written causes many people to miss that step.

3 hours ago, preserotri said:

So if i can do something in return, hit me up, i can atleast provide help with something like a german translation.

Thank you for the offer! We have German covered. But, detailed testing reports are always helpful.

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

It's a very common problem. To be fair, it does say to move the data folder over in the instructions on a later line. But, it seems like the way it's written causes many people to miss that step.

Then it might be a good idea to add it to 'Troubleshooting AAF'. Thanks for that piece of Information.