AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

1 hour ago, asebw said:

After following the guide, I'm having an issue with combat surrender not working. I've tried the different options, but neither the manual or automatic surrenders seem to want to kick in. Even just running only the mods in the guide doesn't seem to solve this problem. The setup itself works if AAF-Violate (though I have to take RSE 3 out of the equation, otherwise I'd just stick with violate). But I just cannot get any of the triggers in CSA to work.

AAF-Violate will always conflict with RSE as they do the same thing basically.  you need to have CSA disabled in RSE to have AAF - Violate working.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, mashup47 said:

AAF-Violate will always conflict with RSE as they do the same thing basically.  you need to have CSA disabled in RSE to have AAF - Violate working.

Yes, I know. The problem isn't AAF-violate. I just used it to test the setup to see if it was working. When I try to use CSA, I uninstall Violate completely to avoid any potential mod conflict. Also, when I first did the AAF setup, violate was never in the picture until I started trying to diagnose the problem. On its own, CSA itself just refuses to work. I can't get the automatic or manual surrender to work, and I am at a lost to explain why.

You might want to reassign the keys. That helped me on one occasion.

Also. depending on the amount of scripts, it might take a while for them to register. So far that has been my biggest problem with surrender. 

1 hour ago, telaman said:

All the RSE links are down. Does anyone know where to get it?

Flashy is in the process of updating and re-releasing RSE elements. He did 1 and 3 last week, and he should have two more out this week at some point. 

15 hours ago, Kythana said:

You might want to reassign the keys. That helped me on one occasion.

Also. depending on the amount of scripts, it might take a while for them to register. So far that has been my biggest problem with surrender. 

Key-Reassignment hasn't helped. I've generally waited for the installation complete notice for RSE 1 to come up before proceeding, but maybe I need to let the game sit a little longer in case there's more going on in the background. I also realized that I was running an older version of MO2, and just finished updating to the latest version. Hoping that maybe wiping out all of the old data might help things along.

So some progress getting CSA working. Part of the problem was with the mod overwrite with the older version of MO2 I was using. For some strange reason, the overlay patches were not overwriting properly. I manually injected them into the mods, and those work fine now. The other issue seems to be with the load order itself, I think. Using just the necessary mods from this guide, I re-arranged my load order based on the one in chinbobble's guide (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/107204-complete-guide-load-order-for-aaf-aafpe-aafrse/). With the updated load order and the now fixed animation overlays, CSA is finally working like it is intended to. 

So at this point, I am going to continue experimenting to see if I can get the rest of my mods to play nice with RSEE. My question is if anyone can recommend a good load order sorting guide that is AAF friendly. In the first post of this guide, the mods are grouped into different sections. Is the load order supposed to be the same as these groupings? Also, how do you add those group headers into MO2?

With grouping i had the best results in regards to stability of the base game (i did the same for Skyrim SE).

For me CTD have become a rarity and are almost non-existant.

The group headers are done by a right-click in the left panel and then using the options from the pic. The separator is also an option but that one centers the text.

Header.png.c09e63bb910f37c318a5e8a4c2f45f2f.png

1 minute ago, Kythana said:

With grouping i had the best results in regards to stability of the base game (i did the same for Skyrim SE).

For me CTD have become a rarity and are almost non-existant.

The group headers are done by a right-click in the left panel and then using the options from the pic. The separator is also an option but that one centers the text.

Header.png.c09e63bb910f37c318a5e8a4c2f45f2f.png

Ah, that's what I was missing. What about load order? Is your load order the same as your groupings?

5 hours ago, Kythana said:

Yes it is. I'm still used to the old NMM so my lists are ordered in a way so you don't need LOOT. The only thing i do is to move the ESM to the top.

Actually, that's a great way to keep things sorted regardless of which program you use. I've watched / read a number of things on mod sorting over the last year and some change, and your method is by far the one that makes the most sense. Also love your mod choices for the environment. Wish I had found FSM sooner. 

Hi Kythana,

I had AAF working before in NMM but recently switched to MO2. I have everything working finally thanks to all the amazing work and time you put into creating this guide. Thank you for that. I have only one problem I'm hoping you might be able to help me correct. Strap-ons are not visible in any FF animations. I have VIO installed per your guide and I built it with my CBBE body in Bodyslide (batch built and saved to overwrite folder). This is literally the only thing so far that doesn't appear to work. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Natataka said:

Hi Kythana,

I had AAF working before in NMM but recently switched to MO2. I have everything working finally thanks to all the amazing work and time you put into creating this guide. Thank you for that. I have only one problem I'm hoping you might be able to help me correct. Strap-ons are not visible in any FF animations. I have VIO installed per your guide and I built it with my CBBE body in Bodyslide (batch built and saved to overwrite folder). This is literally the only thing so far that doesn't appear to work. Any ideas?

Try syncing mods in the folder Overwrite

Spoiler

11.png

On 3/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, Natataka said:

I built the overwrite folder as a mod and enabled it. Should I not have done that? Read it might resolve CBBE bodyslide issues.

Syncing mods didn't work, it broke the game, but I backed it up so no worries there. At this point strapons is the only thing I can't get working. Can someone that does have them working and visible in animations post your load order please so I can have a reference? Thank you

Some small things regarding Bodyslide (quoting myself now):

As you can see in the list i've run Bodyslide several times. I did this to adapt the physics to the equipment my character is wearing.

1. RS Body                                      : Only Body, Hands, Hands Beast, and Feet

2. RS Unrestricted Physics              : Only Amulets, Rings, Boots, Gauntlets, Gloves, Hoods and Helmets.

3. RS Restricted Physics                 : Only Clothing and Light Armor in the body location.

4. RS No Physics                            : Only Medium and Heavy Armor in the body location. NO Morphs!

Generally it looks like this (disregarding the preset for a moment):

Body              : no physics, just fitting the armor to the preset.

Body Physics : limited form of physics, great for armor  - but too limited when the PC is nude.

Body Special : full physics, great for a nude PC - but too much when you wear something in the body-location (you won't see the special stuff).

Now to the presets:

*whatever you use*              : no limits for the shape of the body.

*whatever you use* (Outfit) : the form of the body is restricted as the worn outfit limits the shape a body can take (hope that makes sense in english).

I've been working on Skyrim SE and it looks like i finally 'got' Bodyslide...

On 11/14/2018 at 5:51 PM, Kythana said:

'Insane Ivy' for example was completely unknown to me before, i tested it, works extremely well and so i recommended it. I absolutely love 'Unique NPC', tested it, and found it causes a problem with AAF, uninstalled it and warned about it. Same rules for every other mod... 

Were you using the original unique player or the unique player redux? I've been using redux with my AAF builds and it's been working for me. 

21 hours ago, Natataka said:

Syncing mods didn't work, it broke the game, but I backed it up so no worries there. At this point strapons is the only thing I can't get working. Can someone that does have them working and visible in animations post your load order please so I can have a reference? Thank you

I have gotten it working on occasion, but my current build doesn't get them showing yet. I know part of the problem is that you need to build the strap-on with morphs in bodyslide. The part, I don't know if it's load order or something else. Still experimenting, but will update if I get it working.

17 hours ago, UnderRabi said:

가이드대로 모두 설치했지만 FPE가 MCM에 표시되지 않는 이유는 알 수 없습니다.

하반기의 링크는 특히 접근하기 어렵습니다. RSE 또는 FPE도 아닙니다.15542233443774719051342728313916.thumb.jpg.708c6e77bebff7a6903848a19f892228.jpg

Now that we've solved the problem with FPE, we don't have to worry about it.

But some of the links in the guide are missing. RSE is only available in Vol.1 and 3, but where else can I get it?