AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

2 hours ago, TenFootMidget said:

Do note that in-game settings I don't use MM or FF scenes, so I haven't tested those. But all scenes involving hetero, creatures, gangbangs etc work. For this reason I left out AJ's XML's since they only change data to let already existing anims be used for other scenes and possibly break things if a file it changes is used by another mod looking for data that's been altered. Adding in AJ's XML's seems to bring up more issues for me.

@Kythana

For your curiosity - it introduces brand new IDs from the source, it doesn't change anything, it can't mess with anything. That's why when SC updated and I didn't, nothing happened (and the patch was unuseful, as I pointed to Kythana).

If an issue comes out, it should be reported because it could bring out some possible flaw somewhere (i.e. 2 versions of AAF ago, the furniture fixes)

9 hours ago, Kythana said:

Thats it. I'm sorry, but this is one of the rare situations where got to say 'I give up'!

Yeah...thats where I am at now. Had everything working smoothly under 38b all except for corrupted save issues and I loved it. Havent been able to make it work since then. Seems they could clean this up if they really wanted to but I just dont see it happening anytime soon. I think Ill go all the way back to 4P just so I can play. Just too many damned variables with AAF and one tiny little flaw can wreck the whole thing. Error, error, error, error.....

Never played Skyrim. May try that....

45 minutes ago, Olmech said:

Yeah...thats where I am at now. Had everything working smoothly under 38b all except for corrupted save issues and I loved it. Havent been able to make it work since then. Seems they could clean this up if they really wanted to but I just dont see it happening anytime soon. I think Ill go all the way back to 4P just so I can play. Just too many damned variables with AAF and one tiny little flaw can wreck the whole thing. Error, error, error, error.....

Never played Skyrim. May try that....

Flashy's stuff is out there........It's 4Play updated.

?

15 hours ago, TenFootMidget said:

I haven't tried modding Skyrim SE yet, I had nearly 200 mods on the original Skyrim then the SSD I had it on ate the dirt, I never bothered with reinstalling Skyrim after that. If and when I reinstall skyrim, is it worth the hassle to go with Skyrim SE, or should I stick with oldrim?

Did your SSD go out suddenly? Old rim seems better to mod even though a pain at times, have me thinking about possibly backing up my installed mods.

5 hours ago, SexyTop69 said:

Did your SSD go out suddenly? Old rim seems better to mod even though a pain at times, have me thinking about possibly backing up my installed mods.

Yeah, I was doing a firmware update on it, during which my power went out because I was making a coffee with my Keurig(Which draws a ton of power) and in combination with other things being used on the same circuit, popped a breaker and when I booted my PC back up the SSD was donezo. Brought it in for recovery and got quoted $1400, definitely not worth it since it was just my games drive.

I've been debating on installing Skyrim SE or reinstalling Oldrim. I'll likely stick with Oldrim simply because it has a larger number of mods available and less compatibility concerns. But I'll be sticking with FO4 for a while, fiddling with AAF to get it working and try to ditch my last error. Unless I get fed up and just switch to FlashyPlay for a while until a couple other mods update.

Hi,  I instaled all by this guide and have a error messege AFF ERROR [10] Animation ID "Leito_FF_ReverseCarry_S1" not found.

I read at some nexus forum that this error caused by Kinky AFF Theme. And i reinsall everything without it (use only Basic theme). But still have same error. Some one have any thoughts how to fix it? Thankx 

On 10/30/2018 at 7:32 AM, Kythana said:

Almost done.

Check if the files are actually there. Especially the files for the animations are delicate when it comes to this and one of the reasons for section 'Troubleshooting' (post #2). Now copy the provided modified AAF_equipmentSetData.xml into your game (into DATA > AAF).

So I'm probably really dense, but I have no idea where I check for the files. :P
I also didn't run into a AFF_epipmentSetData.xml anywhere in the directions.

10 hours ago, Kythana said:

Depends on your mod manager:

NMM/Vortex open the packed file and compare it to the content of your Installation.

MO/MO2 no need for checks.

Then you didn't read post #2... ?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REACH OUT TO ME!!!!!

Okay, sorry I missed the .xml. I should be more thorough. >m<

I got that in, and I'm still having some problems.

Specifically, it seems like RES's CSA isn't running, even though something similar is happening when I "die".

When I'm in combat, the health threshold for CSA is ignored, but when I drop to 0, some other surrender state kicks in and I'm told I've been "dragged off in binds" (or something), and then I spawn at a random location in a latex hobble-dress from DD. I turned off RES Abductions, but this is still all that happens.

Everything says it's working, but that's the only outcome I've had from combat. Like something is overriding RES CSA. I thought it might be Knockout Framework, but uninstalling it didn't change anything. Am I just wrong about what Combat Sexual Assault is supposed to entail?

I SHOULD MENTION:
I think I have everything up and running correctly (I installed a few things in addition since Devious Devices wasn't part of the guide, and a few furniture/interior things get more out of the animation packs), and I'm getting some errors.

Specifically, it's telling me I need the following installed already:
cceejfo4002-nuka.esl
cceej04001-bhouse.esm
cczsef04001-bhouse.esm
cctosfo4001-neosky.esm
(I haven't been able to find what mod these are in)

I assume these aren't what's still breaking the game for me, though.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, theuglyamerican said:

Has the viability of AAF increased over the last couple weeks of frantic patching the patches of the patches that patched patches? Or is it still at the "Try to make it work for four days and then give up and try something simpler, like counting the grains of sand on a beach" stage?

Already made the switch to FlashyPlay........(FYP) from AAF.

Dogmeat works right out of the box, everyone removes clothes & puts them back on, no one is standing around & there may be support for 3 or more characters soon, hopefully.

I have Flashyplay, SEU, Shenanigans & FPE installed. No errors.

?

So I am thinking about giving this another go, my last game I used the BitRaitBec guide off the nexus for fixes and whatnot. Here I'll go over the history of modding fallout 4 since dec maybe nov. To begin I usually buy bethesda games at release, fiddle around with them for a bit then come back a couple years later to mod them, when modded they are the best games out there. I have never finished a bethesda game unmodded, I can barely play them at release because they are console ports. I just upgraded my gpu and monitor a little while ago, witch led me to trying this.

Initially I tried the guide for the complete guide aaf, rse, fpe. I ran into a few bugs, and also didn't not have the fixes texture upgrades. Ran into bugs, at the time flashy had more things on his mind and I didn't feel it right to post my problems. So I shelved it.

Then I tried the  aaf for beginners guide straight up just followed it, I started running into problems with the 1950's clothing set ctds all over the place. When I follow a guide I usually follow it strictly, so once again I did not have any fixes or texture mods installed, other than what was on the guide. So I shelved it.

Thinking my problem was not having the backbone of fixes and what not, I searched around for a solid base mod guide. I tried step first, most guides are old and not really that useful. But in the forums there I found a reference to the BitRaitBec guide on the nexus, the only current guide that keeps updates. But then around lvl 17, ctd's all over the place, so I shelved it. I almost forgot, then I added the tail end of this guide, Kythana, the grass textures you chose make the world impressively beautiful, and then I did this guides aaf stuff. To be clear  I installed BitRaitBec, then post 4 from here then post 2. I had minimal bugs, and the ones I had were fixed by the troubleshooting guide. One question though, should I have redone my bash patch in wyre bash after I added those mods?

I really like Ivy, it's funny every time she starts glitching out I know my game is soon to die. I know that this is the start of some story, but in the back of my mind I think she knows that I can't mod worth $#!+, and it's her way of telling me.

I would like to try rse element zero, it looks like some people fairly decent at modding on LL are going that way. Even though Flashy even says that aaf, is the way of the future. I also was going to use the BitRaitBec guide, as a way of  dealing with textures and fixes.  with the whole rse'e as this adds so much fun to the play through. I am just wondering if there is some sort of other guide out there that might help me with this.

Tl;dr: I would like to try and finish fallout 4, with Ivy, and sim settlements(I'm not to fond of the settlement building), RSE'E(this is a must it's too much fun not to have), and an animation framework that works. If you know of any guides, preferably ones where I don't have to read 200 forum posts to install it correctly could you kindly point the way.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: Or do you think modding just isn't there yet, and I should just give Vanilla(no adult mods) a go.  I also forgot part of the story.

@Kar-Lor 

You might want to give the manual surrender(via hotkey  in mcm) a try, just to see if that works. I am looking through the mods page to see if I find anything for you.

edit: ok so this is from flashys page on rse vol 1.

"Where is this mod in your load order? It needs to be about at the bottom due to all of the cell edits it does. If not, you need to move it down. The only thing that should ever be below this mod is scraping mods, thats how low it needs to go. The symptom of not moving anywhere when you are supposed to is a sure sign of cell edit conflict between two mods, typically.

EDIT: Also, you can use the console - you may need to reset the quest with the script on it. In the console type:

Stopquest RSE_CSA

Resetquest RSE_CSA

Startquest RSE_CSA

At which point, when you close the console, you should see the "RSE Elements Vol.1 is installed and running." message again and hopefully it will have refreshed the dump spot and abduction site object reference arrays."

The only other thing I think it could be is mod load order, there is some info about that on page10-11, of the rse vol 1 download page.

edit:edit: Sometimes when you narrow a bug to a specific mod, it is all ways best to go to that mods page to look for answers. But Kythana has done such a wonderful job here, I can see why you choose to do it here.

The thing is 'til i started with AAF i had a FO4 which was absolutely stable. No hiccups and almost no crashes (they were so rare that it was very close to 'no crashes at all').

If you guys and gals are interested i could make a 'FO4 for beginners: Step by step'. But, as this will be a lot of work and the links alone will drive me nuts, i'll only start a guide like this if it will be of some assistance to you. 

14 hours ago, Kythana said:

The thing is 'til i started with AAF i had a FO4 which was absolutely stable. No hiccups and almost no crashes (they were so rare that it was very close to 'no crashes at all').

If you guys and gals are interested i could make a 'FO4 for beginners: Step by step'. But, as this will be a lot of work and the links alone will drive me nuts, i'll only start a guide like this if it will be of some assistance to you. 

That's ok, I understand how much work these things are. I see you helping everyone here all the time. That BitRaitBec guide is awesome, very well formatted. That is the thing these guides are usually tailored towards somebodies taste. 

So I gather your recommending that I go with a vanilla install. Maybe I will give adult mods one more try, I'll go with flashy play as aaf is way to convoluted and easy to mess up. I do so badly want to play out ivy's story. 

So my next install, I have fo4 clean on my system now, I will go BitRaitBec then post 4 from aaf for beginners and a flashyplay rse. I really like the way the world looks with post four from here. Off to do some research on flashyplay then.

@nvfrost or you could reinstall the animation pack from here and uncheck the furniture options in the fomod that works too.

@snaloe you can try to reinstall aaf various xml patches and savage cabbage animations. 'Read' the fomod, you checked something you shouldn't have, during your install. If you find it and you reinstall, not sure what mod manager you are using. it should fix it.

I can't find it for you because I do not have any mods installed atm. but you can read more about this in the thread aaf troubleshooting page 12.

I jumped back on the bandwagon and I've generated a thus-far stable build by not installing any of the AAF stuff until after I get out of the vault and finish clearing Sanctuary with Codsworth (I'll pause here to allow for gasps of dismay and for someone to tell me I'm going to melt down my CPU...hey, it's AAF, nothing would surprise me at this point). The installation process is weird in that I get a functional build using the guide on the first page of this thread with the exceptions of Vadermania,  Shinto Poses, and the Leito patch. It works, I can start new games with it, and it's all good -- until I start installing the other mods I play with, anything from clothing to graphics to weather. Any mod installed after AAF makes AAF hang at the new game start. Installing AAF after the game start avoids that issue.

The problem is that I keep getting Error 004, which informs me that a content pack is calling for AAF_CreaturePack01.esp, which I don't have installed. So my questions are:

1. Anybody know which mod is being the dick? I've installed the latest of everything (as of yesterday), including the 3,085,689 patches needed to make AAF run, so I'm not sure why something is calling for an old mod, unless

2. Could it be Boston Breeder? That mod hasn't been updated since 26 November 2018. 

3. If it's not Boston Breeder I can see if I can isolate it by deactivating one mod at a time, but I'm leery of just yanking wires at random now that it's actually mostly running. Any advice?