AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

Evening with the new texture pack:

Spoiler

enb2018_12_31_12_46_12.png.5d9efbfd513de552f710622082871698.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Broken savegames are back (aka crash on load)!

I'll try the fix which was recommended to me (changing the use_external_data_storage setting from false to true in the AAF_settings XML). Works!

Got to add that to 'Troubleshooting'. Done

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Furniture (Chair, Bench) works nicely

Got to rework the recommendations for settings. Piper couldn't get enough of one of the guards - in the middle of one of the cutscenes. Had to restart that one at least five times 'til i got through! But changing one setting fixed that...

Looking very good so far. Not a single pop-up of an AAF error (in ~5 hours)!

Using (mostly) the same setup, and my feral ghouls are headless when naked. Some of them spawn with clothes on, and they're fine, but the nude ones are missing a texture or something and I can't figure out what's causing it. I searched, but didn't have any good results with anything that worked. It's not a huge deal, because naked feral ghouls are gross, but I'm just throwing it out there in case anybody else runs into it.

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

Evening with the new texture pack:

Reveal hidden contents

enb2018_12_31_12_46_12.png.5d9efbfd513de552f710622082871698.png

Broken savegames are back (aka crash on load)!

I'll try the fix which was recommended to me (changing the use_external_data_storage setting from false to true in the AAF_settings XML). Works!

Got to add that to 'Troubleshooting'. Done

Furniture (Chair, Bench) works nicely

Got to rework the recommendations for settings. Piper couldn't get enough of one of the guards - in the middle of one of the cutscenes. Had to restart that one at least five times 'til i got through! But changing one setting fixed that...

Looking very good so far. Not a single pop-up of an AAF error (in ~5 hours)!

I get AAF walking errors when CSA defeat sequence finishes, but that doesn't seem to affect anything (well, other than attackers just standing there like mummies).

Then please post a screenshot. Maybe you found a new error for 'Troubleshooting'.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ran into 'AAF Error [34]' which was fixed a long time ago with the 'Animation Positioning Tags'. Maybe this bug is the reason for the 'inofficial' patch. Will try to recreate this one (with and without activated patch) as i made a save shortly before it.

57 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@idgaflulz

The ferals use their own texture and heads are classified as armor. Thats the reason they become headless. But thats a bug i never encountered myself. The texture pack for creatures plus one of the packs for ghouls (see post #4) might help… Those are standard for my installations.

I'm an idiot. Was spawning ghouls whose Ref ID started with FF.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Kythana said:

Always have your files in this order:

Game files

DLC

*.esl

*.esm (unofficial patch last)

*.esp

@tombombadil123

You got a messed up loadorder. ESM between ESP, Four Play installed, RSEE in the wrong order, etc. No wonder you run into problems... 

16 minutes ago, Kythana said:

You got a messed up loadorder. ESM between ESP, Four Play installed, etc. No wonder you run into problems... 

Fourplay is a fake one, it's AAF proxy plugin for legacy compatibility. As for load order correct, that specific one is fucked up, as it is snapshot from when I was restructuring modlist - before LOOT and subsequent manual corrections if necessary. Here - loadorder.txt - is a properly sorted mod order, problem persists.

Are you sure you've actually played with latest AAF beta? Your latest screenshots show version 38.

Yes, i'm sure that i use 46. The screenshot was made just before i installed 46... Thats why i wrote it above the picture.

And that loadorder is still messed up…

Also, and i repeat myself again, NEVER EVER use LOOT! That causes more problems than it helps. Especially when it comes to AAF.

Here are my esp for the animations (PS and Vio are above them - the optional SEU below):

Spoiler

Test.png.a8a28b629e82a3346459e416b1e09bd7.png

5 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Yes, i'm sure that i use 46. The screenshot was made just before i installed 46... Thats why i wrote it above the picture.

And that loadorder is still messed up...

Also, and i repeat myself again, NEVER EVER use LOOT! That causes more problems than it helps. Especially when it comes to AAF.

You know that LOOT has rule editor to configure its sorting, right? Also I hope you don't think that UFO4P being an ESP means it does not go first into the load order.

Well, if you want to use LOOT thats your choice.

I do not use Loot as i never needed it, and warn about it as most users have never heard of a configuration and simply press 'sort'. And then start to cry havoc when everything falls apart... I'm absolutely not interested in that or supporting a tool too.

Same goes for other lists. You asked for my opinion, i gave it, now its your choice what you'll do with the answer…

Meanwhile i work on my list and get that running.

That one looks 'strange' anyway. AAF always mentions an error code (like [46]) but that is missing. So it is one of your installed add-ons.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Added the 'inofficial' patch and [34] didn't show up again. So it was either a glitch or the patch works… Will run more tests (and mention that to Halstrom) to make sure it doesn't appear again.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seems that 'Solicitation' might glitch a bit with unique NPC. When those are activated as customers the conversation wheel for the solicitation doesn't always pop up. Looking for a new customer fixes that, and fast travelling to another location will end that glitch and the customer quest.

Ghouls work fine and got their rise too.

Almost final Results

The last missing tests are either hard to trigger or the lvl. of my char is way too low and/or missing requirements. So far there had been no major issues (the small ones should be fixed).

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw and Feral: needed morphs not available atm (Deathclaw confirmed by a mod author))

Using Furniture - OK

Layers - OK

Companion Intercourse - OK (Male: OK - Female: OK)

Critter intercourse - OK (Bloatfly: OK - Bear: OK)

Deathclaw intercourse -  (F/M:   - M/M: no animation available atm) 

Dog intercourse - OK

Feral intercourse -  

Ghoul intercourse - OK

Human intercourse - OK 

NPC intercourse - OK

Supermutant intercourse - OK

KF - OK

FPE - OK (Belly: OK - Baby: OK - Informations: OK - Quests: OK - Start: OK)

CWSS - OK (Animations: OK - Buffs: OK - Shower: OK - Singing: OK - Toilet: OK)

MCM - OK

VIS-G - OK
Themes - OK 

RSE Elements 1 CSA - OK (Surrender: OK - CSA: OK)

RSE Elements 2 Needs - OK (Basic Needs: OK)

RSE Elements 3 Karma - OK (Karma: OK - Bounty: OK)

RSE Elements 4 Brothels - OK (Solicitation: OK - Brothel: OK - Quests: OK - Robberies:  OK)

RSE Elements 5 Shenanigans - OK (Arousel: OK - Shenanigans: OK)

RSE Elements 6 - Nope, won't happen. I'll stick with Ivy...

RSE Elements 7 FAP - OK (Dog: OK - Creature call: OK (but takes forever))

SEU - OK

Error Message - 2 (one should already be fixed - the other one can be prevented)

Invisible Actors - none so far

Missing Actors - none so far

Missing Animations - none so far

Missing Objects - none so far 
Animation Failure - none so far
Boxer Shorts - none so far

As usual:

The white OK are the ones where i don't expect any trouble (they've been stable before). I'll 'green' them as soon as i had a chance to recheck them.

The orange OK are parts that havn't been fully tested.

The green OK work fine.

I'll rework the list in post #1 with all the required changes and links. As there has been so many (sometimes drastic) changes i'll update the version to 2.0.0.

57 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Rise of the penis - OK (Except Deathclaw and Feral: needed morphs not available atm (Deathclaw confirmed by a mod author))

Is this why my Feral Ghouls are flaccid during animations? I was trying to determine the cause, reinstalled a couple mods etc but to no avail. I guess my character's too ugly to wind those boys up ?

Other than missing junk for animations on dogs, feral ghouls and Deathclaws everything works fine for me without errors. I also lack the AAF hud during RSEE scenes but the hotkeys for changing animations still work so that's not a huge concernc.

I use NMM and now have 173 total mods, with 127 plugins. I have yet to encounter a broken save or CTD on loading. With this latest update to AAF 46 I've found animations don't take as long to commence so that's a bonus.

Edit: Just found this in Leito's animations topic. I guess that's where my missing junk for dogs comes from.

Known Issues:

Dogs are missing parts when performing using AAF

@TenFootMidget

So far its simply the missing morphs, the rest is already there.

The dogs should work as they are integrated into Leitos animations pack. Try this link in addition to the animations.

The broken savegames are a bit hit and miss. Some get it others don't. But that might depend on other installed mods or a combination of several mods.

@theuglyamerican

The first one sounds right (but don't forget: i don't use that mod), the rest would end up above the groups 'AAF' and 'Patches and Fixes'. I called it 'Land' in the picture. Got to make a new one as well...

1 hour ago, Kythana said:

So far its simply the missing morphs, the rest is already there.

The dogs should work as they are integrated into Leitos animations pack.

The broken savegames are a bit hit and miss. Some get it others don't. But that might depend on other installed mods or a combination of several mods.

@theuglyamerican

The first one sounds right (but don't forget: i don't use that mod), the rest would end up above the groups 'AAF' and 'Patches and Fixes'. I called it 'Land' in the picture. Got to make a new one as well...

Awesome, thanks. That's essentially where I was putting them, so now I can assume that those mods aren't the problem.