AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

19 hours ago, darkon74slayer said:

I had never moved to VIS-G till I was trying to find the answer to this problem while using the original VIS.

What I ended up doing was removing most of the recommended pose animations that was listed here.

Chose the one with the least amount of poses.

Forgot to add I also removed some of the older four play related animations.

Still using VIS, but I have not had a CTD.

I see. Seems like I need to adjust between having less animations and the use of VIS-G. Pretty much time to re-install the mods from scratch.

20 hours ago, darkon74slayer said:

I had never moved to VIS-G till I was trying to find the answer to this problem while using the original VIS.

What I ended up doing was removing most of the recommended pose animations that was listed here.

Chose the one with the least amount of poses.

Forgot to add I also removed some of the older four play related animations.

Still using VIS, but I have not had a CTD.

31 minutes ago, wanrandy92 said:

I see. Seems like I need to adjust between having less animations and the use of VIS-G. Pretty much time to re-install the mods from scratch.

If either of you use a gamepad, that'll be why.
@Adviser69 had the same thing, and apparently using only M&K worked fine.
Also apparently there's a mod to use both together, which works fine, so long as you don't use the gamepad to navigate the pip-boy menus, I believe.

4 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Also apparently there's a mod to use both together, which works fine, so long as you don't use the gamepad to navigate the pip-boy menus, I believe.

I use a usb xbox360 controller.

I still don't see the need for all those pose mods when I am just trying to play the game.

you say you have the same thing, but I can tell you that it is possible I am using more UI stuff, as I never went to VIS-G because I wanted to use Vault girl.

13 minutes ago, darkon74slayer said:

you say you have the same thing, but I can tell you that it is possible I am using more UI stuff, as I never went to VIS-G because I wanted to use Vault girl.

Vault Girl (the newer version) works. The critical part is the patch for DEF-UI, without it you have no problems anymore. The SWF was causing a lot of issues...

2 hours ago, darkon74slayer said:

I use a usb xbox360 controller.

I still don't see the need for all those pose mods when I am just trying to play the game.

Vault Girl Interface does work quite well with VIS-G when installed correctly. I don't think it will be leaving my modlist since @Kythana brought it to my attention.

But the main reason I use VIS-G is because it further utilizes and enhances elements in the newest AWKCR, as well as a number of weapon and armor mods calling on it though not necessarily needing it. I use an Xbone gamepad myself on USB, so I was more interested in getting the mods to play nice rather than choose one over the other.

The only reason I have not used VIS-G is that it has so many patches that with it my .esp count is creaping over 220.

I currently sit at 214 last i looked (not at home to check) and I have a few equipment mods I really like that are neither VIS nor VIS-G compatible.

because of the not compatible I try to find that one that has what I like in it and the original VIS has that.

23 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

I don't use gamepad, that's the problem. Always mouse and keyboard for Bethesda games. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, serhiodrubuzan said:

Как установить этот мод для общения только с женщинами . без всех этих мутантов и гулей ? ГГ Мужик и создать хочу реализм !

просто следуйте этому руководству: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/124848-aaf-a-comprehensive-installation-guide-and-resource-collection-wip/. и не устанавливайте Mutated Lust, Vadermania, Farelle's Animation's и не выбирайте никаких вариантов для пола существа при установке. Также не забудьте установить ванильную секс-анимацию Theme. надеюсь это поможет.

simply follow this guide: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/124848-aaf-a-comprehensive-installation-guide-and-resource-collection-wip/ . and do not install Mutated Lust, Vadermania,  Farelle's Animation's and not selecting any options for creature sex when installing. Also not forgetting to install  Vanilla sex animation's Theme. hope this helps

• 1 month later...

06. Finally the heart of it all. This mod allows us to see everything in motion. Some have problems with their savegames but changing the setting for use_external_data_storage from false to true in the AAF_settings XML (at the bottom) will prevent that.

There is no more "AAF_settings.xml", it is now called "AAF_settings.ini" and the entry "use_external_data_storage" no longer exists.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I started to follow this tuto but it seems out of my reach, I stopped at part 21 where a patch is proposed but it is said that it should not be installed and the following link does not propose a whole path with contradictions in each post with a bunch of files to download, for someone who does not speak English very well like me, I admit that it becomes really complex.

I would have liked to know what I had to do just to have some animation for the immersion, nothing more. Or is there a more affordable tuto? 

Thank you for having a good day. 

They put (outdated) in the title so people would know not to use it.

For the non english speaking, outdated, means don't use this...

outdated

[ out-dey-tid ]

adjective

no longer in use or fashionable; out-of-date; outmoded; antiquated.

use this guide instead. It isn't 100% accurate but it is the most accurate guide that I have been able to find

Thanks, I'll try this one.

However, do you know if a new backup is required?

I can't start a new party again, I have an infinite load before the intro video, I tried with or without the first modes as well as without SKSE or with but for the moment I haven't found it.

I have all the DLCs.

I've been looking on the net apparently we're a lot of people to have this problem, what's strange is that even reinstalling the game doesn't change anything.

I also looked for a backup to pass this cursed intro but I didn't find it.

2 hours ago, riheyedi said:

Thanks, I'll try this one.

However, do you know if a new backup is required?

I can't start a new party again, I have an infinite load before the intro video, I tried with or without the first modes as well as without SKSE or with but for the moment I haven't found it.

I have all the DLCs.

I've been looking on the net apparently we're a lot of people to have this problem, what's strange is that even reinstalling the game doesn't change anything.

I also looked for a backup to pass this cursed intro but I didn't find it.

If you have infinite load before the intro video you have problems. If you are trying to run FO4 using SKSE(skyrim script extender) you have bigger problems.

If your basic game won't start then adding mods to it isn't going to miracle it into working.

The guide I linked has all the basic info and links needed to run AAF on a working updated FO4.  When you mod games like these you start with a clean working default game as intended from the game creator and add 1(one) thing at a time... checking that it is working as expected before adding anything else. Then again you add things one at a time until your game breaks or you have all the extra shit you wanted in it working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, murf said:

They put (outdated) in the title so people would know not to use it.

For the non english speaking, outdated, means don't use this...

outdated

[ out-dey-tid ]

adjective

no longer in use or fashionable; out-of-date; outmoded; antiquated.

use this guide instead. It isn't 100% accurate but it is the most accurate guide that I have been able to find

The outdated guide works better than the one you linked, I'm sure you'll be luckier next time.

8 hours ago, Simcaa said:

The outdated guide works better than the one you linked, I'm sure you'll be luckier next time.

Better for who? You? You should/could have chimed in like a hero and helped translate for the user. Knowing how this (outdated) thread changed your life could have changed his too.

Merry Christmas.

1 hour ago, murf said:

Better for who? You? You should/could have chimed in like a hero and helped translate for the user. Knowing how this (outdated) thread changed your life could have changed his too.

Merry Christmas.

I'll let plebs like you translate, not my business. I'm just amazed by your pathetic humor and the way you spread misinformation.

If you need more let me know.

2 hours ago, Simcaa said:

I'll let plebs like you translate, not my business. I'm just amazed by your pathetic humor and the way you spread misinformation.

If you need more let me know.

troll someone else. ur the first pleb in my kill file. merry christmas

• 2 weeks later...