AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

@Zynisch

I don't use the menu (it conflicts with my settings for the keyboard) and let 'Elements' handle the animations. Atm i'm thinking about removing Leito's animations completely, at least 'til all problems with them have been fixed.

@theuglyamerican

It might be that 'Themes' blocks some animations. For checking them i guess you have to dig through the XML. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just saw that this thread had more than 50000 visitors… eek.gif.aaddb6764edc3ccdb2ab57ba3649b3b2.gif

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

@Zynisch

I don't use the menu (it conflicts with my settings for the keyboard) and let 'Elements' handle the animations. Atm i'm thinking about removing Leito's animations completely, at least 'til all problems with them have been fixed.

@theuglyamerican

It might be that 'Themes' blocks some animations. For checking them i guess you have to dig through the XML. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just saw that this thread had more than 50000 visitors… eek.gif.aaddb6764edc3ccdb2ab57ba3649b3b2.gif

I'm jumped on removing Leito's animations also. There's too many patches to patch a patch for a patch that patches animations. I was going over all the animation packs to only install the ones I need so I have the least amount possible.

I went through NMM on a new game profile and started uninstalling things, then realised I was clicking "Remove from all profiles" instead of "Remove from this profile" and now I've dicked all 4 profiles of my FO4. Not one will load, so I did a woopsy ? 2 of those profiles were stable on the old AAF. Great start to the year! haha

6 hours ago, Kythana said:

@theuglyamerican

The bummer of it is that the old position tags file has the slight disadvantage of causing my game to not run. ? 

Themes has a call for Bloatfly animations but they're tagged "aggressive" and I was doing it through the creature call function in...what, SEU? I don't know if that means it won't call on that animation. 

You shouldn't run the old tags anymore as 'Themes' replaced that mod. Install all three themes and the creature animations should work. Also the call for creatures can take a loooooong time to resolve. The only way to speed this up is being close (aka viewing distance) to a creature you can call.

Another thing is that the surrender (with SEU and RSEE) afaik doesn't work with most creatures atm. For RSE there was a patch - for RSEE there isn't one (yet?). I hope Flashy will convert the patch to RSEE too.

I've got all three of the themes. I haven't had the chance to test most creatures yet -- so far, dogs and deathclaws work, while the bloatflies come buzzing for the call but when I try to activate them youI get the "Can't find animations" error.  It's bummer, but maybe all the other creatures will work and this will just be an annoyance.

So much for having a day off...

@theuglyamerican

First of all check in RSEE if the animations are allowed at all, there is a switch for them in one (or was it two?) MCM menus. Second you have to target the creature and then activate them (i guess you tried that already - wrote it for others with the same problem ;)).

Then you should get something like this:

Spoiler

Bloatfly.png.9da33ffbe18cf1bb617060dd7be0e54f.png

@BloodStarScreep

Either via AAF - usermanual is in the folder of your Installation.

or via hotkeys - you configured those in the MCM, right?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now to the most important thing of all... My first coffee today...

Updates available:

AAF 47

Themes

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Added the fix for the savegame corruption to the description of AAF. Doesn't happen to everyone, but it won't hinder someone not affected by it.

Small info:

After the updates for AAF and 'Themes' the two error messages (the ones mentioned in post #2) spiked and appeared almost every time. Removed Leito and the patches for it and they didn't appear again (hopefully forever). Will run 'a few' more tests before updating the list.

For anyone who wants to give it a shot:

Spoiler

Don't forget to reinstall the patches at 283 and 284! Leito's rigs might be unnecessary - but it is better to be on the side of caution. Everything below CWSS stayed the same way as it was before…

Test.png.492f48f9301cb1150c7896dc0c4d781a.png

This is getting beyond frustrating. The two mentioned bugs are gone - but now the Ghouls throw an [34]. They never did that before...

I'm in the same boat with the same errors.

I think I'm going to uninstall everything and reinstall a clean FO4, then make the switch to Mod Organizer instead of NMM since I already accidentally trashed my 2 stable mod profiles leaving all of my installs with errors. After I reinstall all of my ENB/Overhaul mods I'll start slow with one set of Animations, then install RSEE and the other gameplay mods to ensure they work so I can narrow down what specific pack/mod starts throwing errors at me. 160 mods to re-download and sort through, fun times.

Yeah, got to do the same (thankfully it is much easier with MO2).

This is the fourth time updates came out and i have to rebuild everything. For several weeks now i'm only retesting the same stuff again and again and again…

Instead of actually playing the game.

The foundation with all the other mods is solid as a rock, no crashes, no bugs, no whatever. Then i switched from 4P to AAF... Now it seems that with every update something falls apart. Plus all the patches for a patch to patch a patch which patches another patch.

I'll be off for a day or two to play Skyrim SE (incl. Sexlabs) or the Sims 4 (incl. Wicked Whims) to clear my head for a new fight with AAF.

16 hours ago, Kythana said:

This is the fourth time updates came out and i have to rebuild everything. For several weeks now i'm only retesting the same stuff again and again and again…

The foundation with all the other mods is solid as a rock, no crashes, no bugs, no whatever. Then i switched from 4P to AAF... Now it seems that with every update something falls apart. Plus all the patches for a patch to patch a patch which patches another patch.

I'm thinking some, or many of the patches are nolonger needed anymore. I'll be starting out with just one or two animation packs, then expand from there and add the patches only when it's needed. Even if the poster says it's needed, it may not be required due to all the updates we've been getting some things may have been fixed. I managed to leave out AJ's XML's and the other patches linked from Mega and I reinstalled a couple packs, all the errors you stated above are gone for me but I have no idea which file changes fixed that.

I'm not looking forward to spending a week re-downloading and installing all my mods, so in a last ditch effort I was messing around with NMM a bit before I remove everything, and I now only have the "AAF Error: Walk process failed on actor" which only occurs in RSEE CSA scenes after surrendering in combat. This error doesn't cause crashes or break anything that I've noticed because it's only related to actors walking to/from the scene for animating as far as I know. I think I just have to sort through my loadorder some more and I may not have to switch to MO2. I tried messing with the AAF settings for the walking phase to lower the timer, and even remove it but nothing changes. I may switch to another combat assault mod just to test if the error persists using another form of initiating scenes.

If I manage to find out more information on this error while testing I'll let you know so you can add it to your troubleshooting thread. I can't find any useful details about this error /anywhere/ so I'm on my own.

The "Patch for Leito and Crazy animations 2.1" from your "Unofficial Patch for AAF Themes" causes alot of missing animation ID erros. I uninstalled it and now i can start the new AAF build without any Error messages atleast. thanks for the guide u've made. helped alot

Already removed them (see post #387). Got the feeling that those are some sort of snakeoil...

New run:

Spoiler

t1.png.44304aa2f5b1269b7f53f59cad9443dc.png

t2.png.6f656960399163b18ec70f0186eaca10.png

Kicked out everything that obviously required a patch (with exception for 269 for the morphs). Not sure about the pose packs and which animations required them so those stay in the list (for now). If this doesn't throw an immediate error i'll make a full testrun with it...

Wish we had an easier way to find updates. Flashy made some and i only noticed that as i was checking the requirements.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of course i mixed up 269 with 271. Deactivated 269. As poses were sometimes shown instead of an animation those will now be deactivated too.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thats a new one. Looks like i have to add an animation pack back in again...

Spoiler

AAF044.png.fbd66c54bbce4d848c6a34de847a8590.png

Will add that one to 'Troubleshooting' later.

Adding #03 and patch in again.

Royally backfired with another new error:

Spoiler

AAF004.png.1f8da7480a5fac447d8382e1091d004d.png

Will add that one to 'Troubleshooting' too.

Looks like #03 requires #04. Error [004] was gone after reactivating #04. Will switch the positions in the list… Done

Removing #03 and #4 now to give SC another shot as it is doubtful that the first two will get any updates. Hopefully [044] won't show up again.

This gets interesting. Some errors seem to be connected to specific animation packs and/or patches:

The [004] pops up when a requirement is missing. Like 'PS' as a requirement for 'SC' - or with the two animation packs from Crazy.

The one in the spoiler only appeared in combination with SC.

Spoiler

AAFPackageAssignment.png

Hi Kythana. All the work you've put into helping everyone with this is amazing. I, and hopefully everyone else, truly appreciate it. I followed your guide and all of the mods in your list are installed and in the order you specified. Everything appears to load without issue except one problem. The debug text is stuck on the screen and the top line is "Leito_positionData_Mattress.xml v1.0". Any chance you might know what is causing this? Hoping I didn't miss something in the guide but also hoping you may be able to help.

Thank you

Leito is (after the conversion to AAF) buggy atm. Thats one of the reasons for all the new tests…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kicked Vadermania trying Farelle now…

Got a different error regarding 'walkmarker'... Always the damn SM...

Thankfully everything is in the area around the entrance to 'Goodneighbor'. SM, dogs, critters, humans, ghoule, and ferals.

I'm running out of animation packs.

Kicking out Farelle. Got to try #3 alone... Thats the last one or giving Leito another shot.

Neither #03 nor Leito helped. I tried every combination with and without patches i could think of...

Thats it. I'm sorry, but this is one of the rare situations where got to say 'I give up'!

I've been on it for around two months now (i was tinkering with it for weeks before i even posted the first version). Whenever i finally had a running version there was an update which broke something. I might give AAF another shot in a few months when there arn't so many updates anymore and you don't need so many patches.

But for now i'll remove AAF completely and switch to Flashy's 'RSE Elements Zero'.

I'll continue to update 'Troubleshooting AAF' if someone tells me about a bug and/or a solution for one. But for now i will not continue to look for solutions of bugs anymore...

Before anything else I always have EVB, CBBE, CWSS, Knockout framework+hotfix, Start Me Up, SKE, homemaker and other similar AAF unrelated mods installed before I mess with AAF stuff.

Do note that in-game settings I don't use MM or FF scenes, so I haven't tested those. But all scenes involving hetero, creatures, gangbangs etc work. For this reason I left out AJ's XML's since they only change data to let already existing anims be used for other scenes and possibly break things if a file it changes is used by another mod looking for data that's been altered. Adding in AJ's XML's seems to bring up more issues for me.

In regards to AAF stuff right now I'm using, installed in this order:

01 Prisoner Shackles

02 VIO Strap-on

03 Four-Play Animations by Crazy

04 Crazy Animations (Gun Version)

05 AAF Beta 47 (with support for all races)

06 AAF Themes; Sex 

07 AAF Themes; Kinky, Creature

08 SavageCabbages Animation Pack (with all optional races)

09 Creature Pack

10 NSFW Soundpack with 09

11 Atomic Lust

12 Mutated Lust

13 Deathclaw

14 Mirelurk penises with 13

15 Vadermania animations

16 Farelle animations

17 ShinoPoses

18 Thrax's Action Poses (WITHOUT the TAP AAF Patch he provides)

19 AAF Patches for Leito and Crazy(WITHOUT Leito's patch)

20 Leito's Animations

21 AAF Compatibility patch

22 AAF Overlay Patches - CumNWealth Patches base

23 CumNWealth patch for Atomic Lust, Creature Pack, Farelle, Leito, Mutated Lust, SavageCabbage.

24 Hairy Men for EVB

25 AAF Family Planning Enhanced V2.102

26 FPE AIO Creature Addon (Optional)

27 RSE Elements without Devious Devices Vol. 7, 5, 4, 3, 2(+DLC and CWSS Patch), 1.

This is the loadorder the mods are in my NMM. I believe they're all grouped here, hopefully I didn't miss any when I scrolled through to check if some were on their own further up the list.

640446627_NMMorder.png.67928792a10d3e07efabad11ac990e36.png

With all of this installed the only error I get now is the "AAF Error: Walk process failed on Actor" which can just be ignored since it doesn't break anything as far as I know. @Kythana Give this set of mods a try and see how it goes. All are listed in your list, I just left a couple out. FPE AIO is all I added in.  One last shot might lead to something that's playable. I think I'm sticking with this set instead of trying to add in anything else that might lead to me breaking it again.

I did not install: AAF Basic animation themes, A.J. various XML's, unofficial Patch for Leito and Crazy 2.1, unofficial Patches for A.J. various XML's, unofficial Patch for AAF Sex Animations Theme, SEU

Tried that one already. ;)

But even a single error message tells me that there's something wrong and that is not good enough for me. For me this list is a failure and i don't know how to fix the problem. Besides what will happen with the next update? Starting all over again?

Sexlabs is tricky when it comes to Skyrim SE. I got it running within one or two days.

This here feels atm like a treadmill where i have to repeat everything again and again without achieving anything. 

34 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Tried that one already. ;)

But even a single error message tells me that there's something wrong and that is not good enough for me. For me this list is a failure and i don't know how to fix the problem. Besides what will happen with the next update? Starting all over again?

Sexlabs is tricky when it comes to Skyrim SE. I got it running within one or two days.

This here feels atm like a treadmill where i have to repeat everything again and again without achieving anything. 

I'm with you on that one, the error I get annoys me a ton but any changes I make brings worse issues.

FlashyPlay(Element Zero) does look like a very convincing alternative since most of the files are all on the same page, and most of the animation packs we use for AAF are available with FlashyPlay. All of the RSE Elements are available with Flashy Play. At the moment, most features you get with AAF are available in FlashyPlay with less headache from compatibility patches and the likes. Surely AAF is the future and will be much better, with more features and less headache, but for right now FlashyPlay does look the best for ease of use. Just like Skyrim though, it'll take time to get to the point where things just work. Nothing's ever perfect when you're modding a game that's already built on an outdated engine. 

I haven't tried modding Skyrim SE yet, I had nearly 200 mods on the original Skyrim then the SSD I had it on ate the dirt, I never bothered with reinstalling Skyrim after that. If and when I reinstall skyrim, is it worth the hassle to go with Skyrim SE, or should I stick with oldrim?

PS: AAF Themes just had another update, related to one of the errors from earlier. Safe lol

Update 190106.0:

Modified Sex OverlayData.XML and Removed Creature Overlay XML as it was causing  AAF ERROR [004] plugin required by content pack not installed or not activated. [Object Object]

Looking back i should have stayed with the old Skyrim. A lot of the mods have never been converted and there are quite a few which i really miss. But with the long list of mods i'll need at least two days for all the downloads (plus a day for sorting and installing them) and thats something i don't want to do atm.

Besides i got its visuals almost perfect (got to change some minor things in DynDOLOD) and i don't want to accidently mess that up. ;)

Some older pics (aka basic installation):

Spoiler

20A42F96B9CF3ECA6EC70B87AC4208A7B8C931C9

95544E43896A6F16A35B98EA884098E0E655F86A

930061A2E00A2D82D8F90099D6EAC441813CCFAD

9CEC48538F46F0FF41123B91876B0337556952D1

Now i found some good mods and it looks even better… ;)