Mortal Weapons & Armors

1 hour ago, SkyTem said:

Love this mod :).  The only thing that would make it better was if npcs also had their equipment suffer durability damage when being hit.  Iv'e looked at all the other armor damage mods out there and so far I haven't been able to find one that damages the equipment of both the player and npcs with both weapons and magic.  Most recently I tried out the mod Green Tea by Felisky at  https://www.patreon.com/posts/greentea-v1-2-5-27747981But sure enough it only works with weapons :(!  Anyone out there know of a mod that damages the equipment of both the player and npcs with both weapons and magic?

From comments here this is supposed to work well with MWA: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89035

On 6/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, zelurker said:

Congratulations for the mod, I have been testing it for a while in a mo profile (along with a few others), and it was really excellent. No real bugs, just little problems, like if using "immersive college of winterhold" and watching the destruction master casting spells (she casts aura spells mainly in the morning lessons, but they don't harm anyone), my helmet was destroyed by just looking at her... I saw the messages that it was loosing its tempering, so I tried to disable the degradation on the player using the mcm, but there is probably a delay for the option to activate because my helmet was destroyed in the few seconds that followed ! Not a big deal it can be repaired. The little oddity here was that only the helmet seemed affected, go figure...

The other minor problem is whan you find a container full of weapons and armors and you take everything at the same time, yeah I know I shouldn't do that, it's written in the 1st post, but it was during testing something else, not exactly the kind of case you encounter in a normal game situation !

But overall very good experience, it adds to the immersion to refit and repair armors/clothes, it makes the game a little harder, but not so much, and it's a good feeling, so thanks

Yea cloak spells. I'm not sure if it's bad settings on the cloak spell itself or a missing check in MWA. 

On 6/28/2020 at 12:47 AM, A Hobbit said:

I really like this mod but I'm having a bit of an issue and I'm just wondering if you have any idea how I could fix it.  I have Milk Addict installed since I know there's supposed to be compatibility between these mods but whenever my armor/clothing should be taking damage due to too much milk, it's actually repairing my armor instead.  Because of this, my armor is actually repaired beyond it's maximum value.  

I've seen this bug but I thought I fixed it. Maybe not.

Cool.  I'll see if I can get it to work with MWA if I turn the degradation from Equipment Durability System on your character to zero.  Still doesn't allow magic to degrade enemy armor but it will be nice if I can get weapons to affect npcs at least :).  I guess adding degradation to all npcs would be too much of a pain to implement?  It's alright if it is.  Thank you for the link.

• 2 weeks later...

so I've got an odd pair of problems that I think are related to both each-other, and Mortal Weapons & Armor.  First, when crafting multiple identical weapons at the black smith (I.e. 5x iron sword) only one would be in my inventory.  I think it's something to do with multiple copies of an item at the same durability level?  Maybe? The Second is that my town guards in Windhelm seem to be having some problems with their uniforms...I've so far got two naked guards, and one that I converted into a follower who's lost their armor, boots, and helmet.  I've used this mod before in the past and don't remember having this happen.  It's not a big deal, but it's certainly odd.

12 hours ago, griffinjohn59 said:

so I've got an odd pair of problems that I think are related to both each-other, and Mortal Weapons & Armor.  First, when crafting multiple identical weapons at the black smith (I.e. 5x iron sword) only one would be in my inventory.  I think it's something to do with multiple copies of an item at the same durability level?  Maybe? The Second is that my town guards in Windhelm seem to be having some problems with their uniforms...I've so far got two naked guards, and one that I converted into a follower who's lost their armor, boots, and helmet.  I've used this mod before in the past and don't remember having this happen.  It's not a big deal, but it's certainly odd.

Yes the mod has trouble with spam crafting. Every item of the same type has to be dropped to 'get at' the new item. Larger the stack the bigger the problem. This is noted on the main page. I belive there's very little I can do about it. Recommend getting a mod that rewards crafting more expensive/complex items more than spamming the same item over and over.

Naked guards. I don't think this can be attributed to mwa. Nothing happens until the npc dies. Bikinifier might cause it on occasion I've noticed. If you use that mod. 

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled onto your mod because I found somebody had mentioned it... somewhere... reddit probably... anyway, I signed up on LoversLab just to download it. I've been looking for something that would make "ill-fitting armor" so you can't just wear dead dude's armors around. I've been testing it a little with my normal mod loadout (Wildcat, Vigor, and True Armor specifically), and I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to make the "random NPC armor doesn't fit you" part of the mod a standalone mod? I've seen countless threads of people asking for something like that. Anyway, great work so far!

Tested this mod and loved it dearly. More than anything - it fixes skyrim broken economy somewhat. Yeah, you have maxed out enchanted gear in every slot, but you can tweak repair cost so being careless leads to repair bill higher than loot value you just got from a dungeon. Also loved the combat strip capabilities.

Didnt play nice with my load order, mainly because attacks from some enemies arent considered "blocked" even when they are mitigated to 0 damage with SkyRe deflect on timed block, armor would still shatter. So far i strongly suspect Animal Tweaks to be the offender.

Anyway, it might not work for me, but i still feel like i need to stop by  and say something nice. This mod achieves almost unthinkable - it simultaniously makes Skyrim more immersive, a better RPG and sexier, all in one ESP. Cheers, sir.

Actually after playing this for a few days, I don't think I'll be going back to Loot and Degradation any time soon. I did have to crank the values up considerably, because a mace breaking after hitting a wolf 10 times just makes zero sense. Speaking of which, I have two suggestions:

1 - pause weapon degradation if the target is a creature (or maybe under a certain armor threshold)

2 - add in a blacklist for categories or slots that the mod doesn't affect, particularly cloaks

3 - instead of "Add fitted item" option, have a "refit item" option. I'd like to have robes and hoods/cowls just not be affected by the fitting system, but if that's too much work, a refit option would be good too. I don't like the "add fitted item" thing giving you a full durability item though.

Actually after playing this for a few days, I don't think I'll be going back to Loot and Degradation any time soon. I did have to crank the values up considerably, because a mace breaking after hitting a wolf 10 times just makes zero sense. Speaking of which, I have two suggestions:

1 - pause weapon degradation if the target is a creature (or maybe under a certain armor threshold)

2 - add in a blacklist for categories or slots that the mod doesn't affect, particularly cloaks

Edit:

Yeah, this definitely needs some sort of blacklist by type option. It acts weird not just for cloaks, but for bandages from Vigor. Apparently my strip of cloth I made was made for the opposite gender lol

12 minutes ago, axebeard said:

Edit:

Yeah, this definitely needs some sort of blacklist by type option. It acts weird not just for cloaks, but for bandages from Vigor. Apparently my strip of cloth I made was made for the opposite gender lol

Have you tried adding this stuff to the immune list? 

There's also an immunity keyword you can add to items via TesEdit. Just keep backups of the esp if you want to roll back. 

10 minutes ago, axebeard said:

Edit:

I removed degradation from weapons as it's not as amusing to suddenly have no weapon in a fight. Even with that setting any weapon you pick up is still likely to break as this only seems to affect crafted/improved weapons or weapon rewards for quests, it possibly works on weapons bought too.
My way around this is to up the maximum and minimum Durability for dropped items, under Durability in the MCM, giving the gear you pick up. I use 10% Min and 80% max for corpse dropped weapons, so they still might break in a couple of uses but with luck they'll survive long enough to get you to a town or grindstone. I find that easier to live with.

13 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I've got a feeling this doesn't work on looted items until you've improved them. I am sure, even after adding the Bloodskal blade to the Immune list, it still sometimes broke when opening the door with it. That was an older version of the mod so perhaps that is no longer the case.

15 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

There's also an immunity keyword you can add to items via TesEdit. Just keep backups of the esp if you want to roll back. 

Didn't know that thanks.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Oh, I was just digging through the entire 38 pages of comment posts to see if there was a way to do that! I see it now though, _MWA_Immune I guess makes the item immune to degradation and AlwaysFits sounds pretty obvious.

I'm a low-level guy who gets bored after a day and rolls a new character, so I've yet to really use any tempered weapons (still finalizing my modlist), but I doubled all armor durabilities and set the weapon durabilities to be in the 100-400 range for everything bigger than a dagger. I am absolutely in love with this mod though dude.

Edit: Yeah I made a patch for the bandages, seems to work fine now. If it weren't 4:30 am I'd do the cloaks too, I should probably find a way to automate it with Zedit or something though. I'm fairly new to the Skyrim modding scene, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

10 hours ago, axebeard said:

I should probably find a way to automate it with Zedit or something though. I'm fairly new to the Skyrim modding scene, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Have a read of this: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99955-sexlab-survival/?do=findComment&comment=2251507

Look at the first section "Adding The Bikini Armor Keyword To Your Armors". But method 2. 

It's for adding SLSs bikini armor keyword to armors but it's practically the same thing. Just with a different keyword. 

I'm using this for SE and most armors that I add to my inventory from LE mods causes CTD. Is there a way to stop this mod from processing them? I've tried stopping the mod from the MCM menu but it doesn't help. The only thing that helps is to convert the armor to clothing without the vendor keyword, and I don't want to do that for everything I want to add to my char.

11 hours ago, saltshade said:

Is there a way to stop this mod from processing them?

Not really. Items need to be dropped to get an object reference. Having a whole slew of items that aren't treated the same as other armor would be pointless to me.

Your only reasonable options are:

1. Add MWA_Immune keyword to them. 

2. Fix bad meshes. 

3. Uninstall mod. 

To me 1 just seems like a bad solution tbh. 

On 8/9/2020 at 11:23 AM, Monoman1 said:

Not really. Items need to be dropped to get an object reference. Having a whole slew of items that aren't treated the same as other armor would be pointless to me.

Your only reasonable options are:

1. Add MWA_Immune keyword to them. 

2. Fix bad meshes. 

3. Uninstall mod. 

To me 1 just seems like a bad solution tbh. 

Do items cause CTD if they don't have a separate ground mesh for the world model? I noticed that the armors that caused CTD when added had the same world model as the armor model. Since MWAA seems to drop and pickup stuff automatically that could be the reason. I don't know if it's possible to rewrite it, but if it could apply the data without dropping stuff the world model wouldn't matter and it would become more stable.

2 hours ago, saltshade said:

Do items cause CTD if they don't have a separate ground mesh for the world model? I noticed that the armors that caused CTD when added had the same world model as the armor model. Since MWAA seems to drop and pickup stuff automatically that could be the reason. I don't know if it's possible to rewrite it, but if it could apply the data without dropping stuff the world model wouldn't matter and it would become more stable.

There are only two ways to get an object reference for an item in skyrim.

DropObject()

PlaceAtMe()

Both place the item into the world. So there is nothing I can do. Armor modders need to be more careful tbvh. 

Thanks to the ton of options in the mcm I can adapt to any situation, but just a quick post about magical (enchanted) robes :

default setting makes them incredibly expensive to refit, almost as expensive as buying a new one if you can find a new one, doesn't seem reasonable, moving the sliders way down in the mcm fixes it, but it's probably worht mentioning that...

And these same robes are then very fragile if worn in combat, something like 7/7 in durability. Well makes sense for some normal clothes, but for something that expensive and powerful, you'd expect that it's not going to break easily, maybe just blacklist all enchanted clothes from degradation, that's probably what I am going to do here...

(and the idea in one of the posts above to adapt the degradation of weapons to the armour of what it hits sounds excellent, too bad it's probably not easy to do !)

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a weird quesiton. Is there a way to make "reverse immune" list option? Basicly, restrict mods functionality only to a specified item list. Or to temporarily shut down mods functions alltogether without breaking it?

Mod works beautifully for its expected purposes, Some script lag is occasionally noticeable when looting, but thats about it.

It gets troublesome for lategame character thou. Having a set of maxed out enchanted gear break and cost an arm and a leg is a nice gold sink that encourages care in combat. But you really dont have any use for 99.9% of loot you get, yet script lag is still there. Besides, moving a large collection of items becomes outright painfull.

Ive tried pausing degradation and disabling all scanners, but that didnt seem to do the trick.

Hello, I wanted to thank you for your great mod, I was just finished testing it and it's almost everything I could've dream for for a system like this after using L&D and EDS, your equipment healthpoints integration on non tempered weapons is amazing.

If it's not a hassle (and by any chance you're still in the modding scene) would a widget or hud elements displaying at least the main 4 armor and 2 hand slot's hitpoints and tempered level be too much to ask? Or if is there some other mod that has such a function that is compatible with yours maybe? I tried looking at all the coments here but couldn't find any mention of it.

I do like the idea of a chance for perma-broken stuff, though it'd be nice if I could quickly see in combat how much hitpoints the weapon and armor have left and deciding if I'll take the risk and fighting. Although I'm not sure if it's an easy feat, since L&D have those widgets but they do take a couple seconds to update.

Nevertheless thanks again, I'll stick to this mod forever.

4 minutes ago, saltshade said:

Any idea why falmer bikini pauldrons from bikini armor cause CTD when picked up? They have a GND mesh assigned and I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm playing Skyrim SE and most of the bikini armors don't cause CTD.

I know they have always caused trouble, I do not know why. But specifically Falmer Heavy paulds have been an issue. I want to say light Elvish boots also have a similar issue. 

I know you can fix it by changing the world model to something else. I always use a corundum ingot as my go to for a world model replacer 

Dungeons\Mines\Ore\IngotCorundum.nif