Mortal Weapons & Armors

Hi, I'd like to report some bug (and see if any of you know a workaround for it) After a several hour gameplay with this mod (and a bunch of others, though none other affecting weapons and armors other than Fostfall adding warm and coverage stats) it seems that every time I bash with a tempered shield (either custom or vanilla) it gives my right hand weapon the same tempered level. So if I bash with a fine hide shield, suddenly my nontempered sword becomes fine instantaneously.

I used the mods MCM where you can scan your inventory/equipment stats and noticed the weapon gets the same tempered level minus 1. I tried to do some testing in a fresh save file with no mods other than this and I couldn't replicate the bug, however, I'm inclined to think it might be a MWA bug because the bug stops when I disable the mod through the MCM, though it's my only evidence and I'm unsure if any other mod on my list could've contributed to it. .-.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just tested it on a clean, modless list other than this, unnoficcial patch, papyrus util and skyui and the glitch just randomly pops up  with a tempered shield at some early point )';

EDIT2: Kinda figured it out, mod sometimes freaks out and no durability is reduced on weapon swings until you disable the mod on MCM and re-enable it, then the tempered shield starts acting funny, with enough bashes a notif says "shield has downgraded a tempered stage" (or so), but in the inventory it shows as "Shield (Fine) 0/0", if you drop it to the floor it will regain an arbitrary amount of durability, then the above glitch starts happens. On other instances, bashing with a shield sometimes reduces right hand durability (broke it in my case) so there seems to be a nexus between the hands behaviours.

I'm not trying to be a nuisance or a complaining b-atch, just though you could, like, know about it, take a look if you want... Pleassssse I love this mod so much and it's so immersive and complete I could be your free tester D':

13 hours ago, Corsayr said:

I know they have always caused trouble, I do not know why. But specifically Falmer Heavy paulds have been an issue. I want to say light Elvish boots also have a similar issue. 

I know you can fix it by changing the world model to something else. I always use a corundum ingot as my go to for a world model replacer 

Dungeons\Mines\Ore\IngotCorundum.nif

I used the Falmer Cuirass, cause it's falmer armor. :)

38 minutes ago, saltshade said:

Now I'm having an issue with staffs having infinite enchantments. Found a staff with 0 durability and enchantments used up but I could keep shooting fireballs with it for as long as I wanted. Can this mod cause that? I will have to uninstall if all enchanted items have this bug.

I never had enchants do that. So that would be a new bug (afaik) if that was indeed MWA doing it.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:55 PM, Scroolose said:

Anyone tried this converted in SE?

I gave it a shot ( with Cathedral Assets Optimizer), it seems "loaded in" ( I can adjust values in MCM), but I'm not seeing any changes to equipment.

CAO won't do a thing for this mod except maybe optimize the broken weapon meshes, but they don't really need it. I've tried it in SE and I see a lot of changes to equipment. Too much in fact. Refer to the issue I've posted below.

Trying this mod in SSE + Requiem and with each weapon swing, it loses one durability whether you hit or not. Armor also degrade very quickly(haven't checked if it's the same rate as weapons) and degradation settings don't seem to have any effect either. Any idea what could cause this behaviour? I really want MW&A to work but if I can't fix this I have to turn to another mod instead.

3 hours ago, saltshade said:

with each weapon swing, it loses one durability whether you hit or not

This is normal. Unless you want to run continuous cell scans and run 'OnHit' on every actor in the area. Cost to benefit ratio is too low.

3 hours ago, saltshade said:

Armor also degrade very quickly(

Armors and weapons have weaknesses. Heavy armor is weak against blunt weapons and ice magic for example. 

4 hours ago, saltshade said:

I really want MW&A to work but if I can't fix this I have to turn to another mod instead.

If you can't stand any bugs then MWA is definitely not the mod for you and you should try the alternative.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

This is normal. Unless you want to run continuous cell scans and run 'OnHit' on every actor in the area. Cost to benefit ratio is too low.

It is normal that it loses 1.0 durability if I set it to lose 0.05 per hit? What are the settings for then? Just to clarify, if I have a weapon with 10/30 durability, I can use it for 10 hits, then it breaks.

Armor also loses 1.0 durability...from being hit by a slaughterfish. No ice or two-handed weapons there. It could still be a bug, but might as well be an incompatibility with SKSE64.

29 minutes ago, saltshade said:

It is normal that it loses 1.0 durability if I set it to lose 0.05 per hit? What are the settings for then? Just to clarify, if I have a weapon with 10/30 durability, I can use it for 10 hits, then it breaks.

Armor also loses 1.0 durability...from being hit by a slaughterfish. No ice or two-handed weapons there. Not saying it's your fault. It's just not normal even for this mod and its bugs.

Your confusing tempering loss with durability. The settings you're referring to are for tempering loss. Which doesn't display numerically in skyrim. Minimum durability loss is one. Checking exact numbers is a bit pointless unless you want to drop all your equipment, target it and do getitemhealthpercent all day. 

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Your confusing tempering loss with durability. The settings you're referring to are for tempering loss. Which doesn't display numerically in skyrim. Minimum durability loss is one. Checking exact numbers is a bit pointless unless you want to drop all your equipment, target it and do getitemhealthpercent all day. 

I see, but I think there is too much emphasis on tempering if it's the difference between trash and a decent weapon. Is there a way to decrease the default durability loss? I guess I could increase the default durability a lot as a compensation but would prefer if they degraded more slowly. It's more a matter of practicality for me, since I don't like to spec in blacksmithing.

"But then don't use the mod". Fair point, but I will still use it and try to find workarounds for anything that doesn't suit me. It has some features that other durability mods don't, and is more suited to a SL setup.

Btw, are magic weapons treated the same as normal weapons? It would make sense if they are more resilient, but I understand if it was too much work.

31 minutes ago, saltshade said:

Is there a way to decrease the default durability loss?

No but just increase the base durability. Many people do this it seems. After-all the default settings are what I perceive to be right. Won't be the same for everyone. 

I didn't want to use fractions for durability because I thought it would be less readable (11.734/49.124) doesn't look nice.

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

No but just increase the base durability. Many people do this it seems. After-all the default settings are what I perceive to be right. Won't be the same for everyone. 

I didn't want to use fractions for durability because I thought it would be less readable (11.734/49.124) doesn't look nice.

I agree, but I thought the actual values could be behind the curtain and the durability would only decrease when it reaches a new whole number. It would work like tempering.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance to get this bound armor mod compatible with this?

the biggest issue is that Mortal weapons/armor uses a script to drop and then quickly pick up any new weapon or armor obtained. this unequips the bound armor and because of how the mod works it also means the bout armor is effectively dispelled. like a bound weapon, when you unequip it it disappears. for some reason it doesn't affect this bound armor mod but I have yet to be able to replace the mesh for that armor with the previous one.

5 minutes ago, mcnv said:

Is there any chance to get this bound armor mod compatible with this?

the biggest issue is that Mortal weapons/armor uses a script to drop and then quickly pick up any new weapon or armor obtained. this unequips the bound armor and because of how the mod works it also means the bout armor is effectively dispelled. like a bound weapon, when you unequip it it disappears. for some reason it doesn't affect this bound armor mod but I have yet to be able to replace the mesh for that armor with the previous one.

You can add it to the ignore list or add the ignore keyword to it. 

I have a very mysterious bug when adding some SE mod armors to my inventory. My char gets burned as if on fire from a spell and goes down on her knees, and I can't do anything but reload. It doesn't happen with LE armors, vanilla and some SE mod armors. For example Amazing World of Bikini armors are fine, but all armors from Kirax and some armors from the Nexus can't be added without burning my char. I don't have an armor license but I didn't expect the gods would punish me for it. ;)

Any idea why this is happening? It doesn't matter if I use the mod as it is or the SE conversion. I know this mod is the cause because it doesn't happen without it.

4 minutes ago, saltshade said:

Of course it's not part of the mod's features, but that's what it does in my game. It seems like there is something that triggers when some modded armor is added to the inventory that's not supposed to happen, and it doesn't happen without MWA. So I wanted to see if the code can misunderstand something and apply a magic effect to the character instead of adding durability. You're the author of the mod, so you're the only one who would know. An armor mod doesn't do anything like that on it's own. It has be a conflict somewhere, and I swear I'm not making this up as trolling. It's a real issue in my game.

? You have a screen shot?

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

? You have a screen shot?

This time it didn't kill me outright so I could access my active effects menu and found out it's a bug in this mod Requiem - Immersive Divine Blessings. It happens because I have a bounty, but it's not supposed to happen when I add stuff to my inventory. I was confused and didn't do my tests on my current savegame (When you play with Requiem you can't just pull out MWA without re-running the patcher). My bad for being sloppy and don't try this at home. ;)