Mortal Weapons & Armors

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I did, yes. Verbose logging in engine fixes as well. NSF hasn't generated any logs (not even its basic NetScriptFramework.log) since January 24th, when I upgraded to the new version of SSE Engine Fixes.

Well that sucks! ?

Bug fixes crash log is like my fav thing ever. I had a ctd just outside Falkreath once and bug fixes was like Base item blank in form blah blah blah (it didn't say blah blah blah of course, it gave me the exact form ID) and it was a snow bank and the base item field was blank! a mod that adds an xEdit script to add all the snow banks from all the mods you have installed to iNeed's snow banks for the purposes of gathering snow for water had a glitch that didn't fill that in under certain conditions. You have any idea how long it would have taken to figure that out without a .net crash log? Two words... 4 ever! ?

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

Well that sucks! ?

Bug fixes crash log is like my fav thing ever. I had a ctd just outside Falkreath once and bug fixes was like Base item blank in form blah blah blah (it didn't say blah blah blah of course, it gave me the exact form ID) and it was a snow bank and the base item field was blank! a mod that adds an xEdit script to add all the snow banks from all the mods you have installed to iNeed's snow banks for the purposes of gathering snow for water had a glitch that didn't fill that in under certain conditions. You have any idea how long it would have taken to figure that out without a .net crash log? Two words... 4 ever! ?

I totally hear you... I didn't realize just how spoiled the NSF crash logs had made me until they stopped working. It's making bugfixing a lot more difficult and I've had to just back-burner a few mods on my to do list because without that tool I haven't been able to run down some of their failure points :(

It sucks but MWA might have to join that group for a while... but I'm sure I'll be able to get it working eventually. 

36 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

It sucks but MWA might have to join that group for a while... but I'm sure I'll be able to get it working eventually. 

probably best to leave it out forever. Sadly the mod is just too ambitious for the engine, and even after you fix this bug it will still always have issues. MM1 himself has halted development on it and recommended people not use it unless you are willing to live with some of its foibles. ?

Really makes me sad to say that too, because it is very unique even among equipment damage mods. The fitting system is something that simply doesn't exist in any other mod. ?

@Monoman1, @Corsayr So I have some good news in terms of nailing down the source of my problems. When I woke up this morning I had kind of a flash of inspiration and connected the fact that it only crashes in the main Tamriel worldspace with the game running its cell scan. So I reloaded it and did some A-B testing and I can confirm that the crash is happening only when the "scan containers" box is ticked in the MCM. 

Any thoughts on what might be causing this particular function to fail? On a modded build (confirmed this issue does not happen when doing a basic load with just USSEP, PapyrusUtil, and MWA). Would an overloaded container be the source of the problem? I recall noting that 3DNPC added a chest with an absurd amount of clutter items in it to the east watchtower near Whiterun. Could something like this be causing the cell scan to fail?

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

Any thoughts on what might be causing this particular function to fail? On a modded build (confirmed this issue does not happen when doing a basic load with just USSEP, PapyrusUtil, and MWA). Would an overloaded container be the source of the problem? I recall noting that 3DNPC added a chest with an absurd amount of clutter items in it to the east watchtower near Whiterun. Could something like this be causing the cell scan to fail?

Still sounds like a bad nif. 

Items in containers are dropped (initialized) when they're loaded in so that they're not dropped when you pick them up for the sake of convenience. 

Containers with items above a configurable amount (I think 20 is default) are actually ignored by MWA. 

I guess with container scan off you could go around an open all the containers and pick them up one by one until you CTD. Difficult to know exactly which containers are in any given cell though. 

27 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Still sounds like a bad nif. 

Items in containers are dropped (initialized) when they're loaded in so that they're not dropped when you pick them up for the sake of convenience. 

Containers with items above a configurable amount (I think 20 is default) are actually ignored by MWA. 

I guess with container scan off you could go around an open all the containers and pick them up one by one until you CTD. Difficult to know exactly which containers are in any given cell though. 

Yeah, and it's particularly challenging because:

A) The crash only happens in the main Tamriel worldspace (not in interiors), and;

B) Each time it crashes out the list of dropped item Form IDs is different

I suspect that most of those entries - maybe even all of them - are red herrings and I'll need to wait until Net Script Framework is fixed to really nail down which bad NIF is causing the crashes. Until then, I think I can live without the container scan function.

(Edit- added a second crash log)

Whoops, if you saw my pre-edit post, disregard it. I finally got SSE to crash during container scanning. I've attached the crash log for reference but as you can see there's already a suspicious object highlighted. I will be investigating further... 

Crash Log #1 relevant objects

Possible relevant objects (3)
{
  [   0]    TESObjectARMO(Name: `Brown Gloves`, FormId: 000261C1, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [   1]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 000CA009, File: `Skyrim.esm`, BaseForm: TESObjectCONT(Name: `Dresser`, FormId: 00024CA5, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
  [   1]    TESObjectCONT(Name: `Dresser`, FormId: 00024CA5, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
}

Crash log #2 relevant objects

{
  [   0]    TESObjectARMO(Name: `Fine Quilted Clothes`, FormId: 000CEE80, File: `Deconflict_Armor.esp <- Uncommon Races of Skyrim.esp <- Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [   1]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 000D4956, File: `Skyrim.esm`, BaseForm: TESObjectCONT(Name: `Wardrobe`, FormId: 0006B303, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
  [   1]    TESObjectCONT(Name: `Wardrobe`, FormId: 0006B303, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
}

Crash_2021_3_6_23-3-50.txt

If you look into the full logs, the probably callstacks are very similar and relate to the drop object function. I'll investigate the possibility of a bad ground object mesh, but any insight you can offer into the scripted side and possible ways to overcome the issues there would be welcome.

Crash_2021_3_6_23-14-3.txt

• 2 months later...

I'm also getting the same bug that was mentioned earlier in the comments where damage done to clothes by Milk Addict actually increases durability, rather than decreases it. The interaction works properly for light and heavy armor, however.

If the source of the bug isn't known/is too hard to solve, is there a way to simply disable MWA on clothing? I'd love to have MWA work for weapons and light/heavy armor (while still taking inputs from MA, since that part is working properly) but at least have clothing degradation from MA still work properly.

Speaking of which, does Milk Addict degradation still function if clothing is added to the Invulnerability list in MWA? If adding all of the chest clothing in the game to the MWA invulnerability list would do it, that would be one option, if a bit tedious to build...

On 3/7/2021 at 5:02 AM, gregaaz said:

(Edit- added a second crash log)

Whoops, if you saw my pre-edit post, disregard it. I finally got SSE to crash during container scanning. I've attached the crash log for reference but as you can see there's already a suspicious object highlighted. I will be investigating further... 

Crash Log #1 relevant objects

Possible relevant objects (3)
{
  [   0]    TESObjectARMO(Name: `Brown Gloves`, FormId: 000261C1, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [   1]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 000CA009, File: `Skyrim.esm`, BaseForm: TESObjectCONT(Name: `Dresser`, FormId: 00024CA5, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
  [   1]    TESObjectCONT(Name: `Dresser`, FormId: 00024CA5, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
}

Crash log #2 relevant objects

{
  [   0]    TESObjectARMO(Name: `Fine Quilted Clothes`, FormId: 000CEE80, File: `Deconflict_Armor.esp <- Uncommon Races of Skyrim.esp <- Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [   1]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 000D4956, File: `Skyrim.esm`, BaseForm: TESObjectCONT(Name: `Wardrobe`, FormId: 0006B303, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
  [   1]    TESObjectCONT(Name: `Wardrobe`, FormId: 0006B303, File: `Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
}

I got the same crashes but on a different object (ArmBandages_1.nif).

I am thinking about trying to just disable the object in SSEEdit.

I have done that in FO4 when it crashed because a certain baseball, but I am not sure if it will help.

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 7:47 PM, A Hobbit said:

I really like this mod but I'm having a bit of an issue and I'm just wondering if you have any idea how I could fix it.  I have Milk Addict installed since I know there's supposed to be compatibility between these mods but whenever my armor/clothing should be taking damage due to too much milk, it's actually repairing my armor instead.  Because of this, my armor is actually repaired beyond it's maximum value.  

I've been trying to change mcm settings to fix this issue but I can't seem to solve it.

Just in case anyone's having this issue still, I found that it's actually Milk Addict's "slutty clothes" feature that's causing clothes to be repaired instead of damaged from Milk Addict clothes ripping. Just disabling the checkbox on that feature allows clothes to be damaged normally (This is for SSE versions of both mods, haven't tried LE versions).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there !

First, many thanks for this wonderful mod !

I'm playtesting it to feel how I should configure it for my own game.

I encounter something strange : for me the durability of the two hands weapons doesn't change. I hit and hit and hit and... no changes ! For 1 Hand weapons, it works perfectly.

I have only this mod installed, with Papyrus Util and SkyUI.

Any help for that ?

I use the SSE version of this mod.

Thanks !

Hello and thank you for the mod!

I downloaded and installed a version from here: 

Is it the same one as in your download section? The last version number seems to be the same (0.45), although the other one is marked as SSE. Still, your compatilibility says that I can use yours in Skyrim SE as well. Are there any differences to be expected between those two?

Secondly, I was wondering if there would be a chance to make this mod compatible with Enderal SE? The suitability system doesn't seem to work, I'm guessing that it's because of different clothing and armor being in Enderal? The suitability values show up in the inventory next to each item, but I can equip all of them without any problems, so I guess there's an issue.

Edited by epsadin
4 hours ago, epsadin said:

Hello and thank you for the mod!

I downloaded and installed a version from here: 

Is it the same one as in your download section? The last version number seems to be the same (0.45), although the other one is marked as SSE. Still, your compatilibility says that I can use yours in Skyrim SE as well. Are there any differences to be expected between those two?

Secondly, I was wondering if there would be a chance to make this mod compatible with Enderal SE? The suitability system doesn't seem to work, I'm guessing that it's because of different clothing and armor being in Enderal? The suitability values show up in the inventory next to each item, but I can equip all of them without any problems, so I guess there's an issue.

According to the original author there are several issues known, but pretty much unsolvable.. I personally don't use the mod, I converted it on request, for a big fan of the mod who also tested it for me. And said the same issues are there as with the oldrim version.. but works otherwise fine..

sorry I can't be more of help

17 hours ago, jorgen.klein said:

According to the original author there are several issues known, but pretty much unsolvable.. I personally don't use the mod, I converted it on request, for a big fan of the mod who also tested it for me. And said the same issues are there as with the oldrim version.. but works otherwise fine..

sorry I can't be more of help

I understand, thank you for your answer.

I checked the mod in Skyrim SE, but I also had Loot And Degradation installed at the same time, as well as Don't Roll In That (found on Nexus), and although I turned off suitability and degradation functionalities for both these mods, AND turned on everything in MW&A, suitability problems were present there as well. But after uninstalling L&D and DRIT it somehow started to work properly. So I guess MW&A tends to work fine for Skyrim SE as long as there aren't any other degradation mods installed (which seems rather obvious, although like I said, their functionalities were turned off).

It doesn't seem to be the case for Enderal - even when installed alone, MW&A has problems with suitability. Degradation however works fine.

Not sure what might cause this, but my guess is, like I said earlier, that there are different armors and clothing in Enderal and / or different races (no Nords, Bretons, Orcs, Elves etc.) I don't know if it's relevant for this mod though.

Anyway, that's just for additional information from my experience. The mod is amazing otherwise :)

Edited by epsadin
4 hours ago, epsadin said:

I checked the mod in Skyrim SE, but I also had Loot And Degradation installed at the same time, as well as Don't Roll In That (found on Nexus), and although I turned off suitability and degradation functionalities for both these mods, AND turned on everything in MW&A, suitability problems were present there as well. But after uninstalling L&D and DRIT it somehow started to work properly. So I guess MW&A tends to work fine for Skyrim SE as long as there aren't any other degradation mods installed (which seems rather obvious, although like I said, their functionalities were turned off).

It doesn't seem to be the case for Enderal - even when installed alone, MW&A has problems with suitability. Degradation however works fine.

Not sure what might cause this, but my guess is, like I said earlier, that there are different armors and clothing in Enderal and / or different races (no Nords, Bretons, Orcs, Elves etc.) I don't know if it's relevant for this mod though.

Anyway, that's just for additional information from my experience. The mod is amazing otherwise :)

Im glad you enjoy it :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 3:39 PM, epsadin said:

I was looking for something else but found your post. I just wanted to comment that I use both L&D as well as DRIT and I find everything works alright, so you may just be experiencing a load order issue? I think DRIT has specific instructions for making it operate along side MWA though. Not sure if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, Trinary said:

I was looking for something else but found your post. I just wanted to comment that I use both L&D as well as DRIT and I find everything works alright, so you may just be experiencing a load order issue? I think DRIT has specific instructions for making it operate along side MWA though. Not sure if that helps.

Thank you for your suggestions! I'll take a look into it once I'm back with these mods in Skyrim.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Been awhile since I've posted on this topic but I do have something to add.  It would be really cool if there was a toggle option in the MCM menu to have your chest armor become unequipped anytime  an item your wearing revealed itself to be cursed.  That would be awesome :D!  Also a toggle option in the MCM menu to have cursed items not equip a devious device on you when revealed would be nice :)!  This would be great for when you want cursed items to have to be sanctified first to use or simply destroyed and strip your character, but not load down your character with dds".  And finally I've noticed that even when I don't have catsuits and hobble dresses selected as a device that can be transformed to they often get equipped when an item is revealed to be cursed "I think there may be a bug there :P".  Don't know if you ever plan to update this mod but just in case I thought I'd propose this.  Thoughts?

Edited by SkyTem
  • 2 months later...
23 hours ago, blant221 said:

Hello i have a problem with this mod - i can't wear backpacks. Is there any way to fix this?

You will need to be a bit more specific on what it is actually happening in your game, when you try to equip a backpack, as well as what mod you are using for backpacks (since, last I checked, Skyrim has no backpack feature)

On 12/4/2021 at 12:51 PM, Mez558 said:

You will need to be a bit more specific on what it is actually happening in your game, when you try to equip a backpack, as well as what mod you are using for backpacks (since, last I checked, Skyrim has no backpack feature)

It was enough to write that in menu i can refit backpacks or items from mods to have durability and the rest aspects from this mod.

Edited by blant221
  • 1 month later...

Hello there, first of all thanks for the mod, i´ve been using it for quite some time and i came up with a weird bug/feature.

Some modded armors are not registering for degradation. They have durability and fit, but they are not getting listet in the MCM under "Equip Status" and do not get damaged overtime or in battle. This does not happen with all modded armors, just some. My current set is 6 Items large, only one is registered (from Vindictus Vol. 1) and it is not a default armor slot.

I am playing on AE with downgraded .exe so technically im playing on latest SE.

Do i have to add keywords via xEdit ? I havent found an mcm option to add stuff manualy.

Thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...