Mortal Weapons & Armors

I've only just realized that there was a caveat in the mod's description saying "don't take out or put too many things in a container at one time". Well, I did that some 15 hours of gameplay ago (and a few times since), and it's causing several issues. I'm now stuck in Rebel's Cairn and can't leave, because the game CTD's on saving (manual save, quicksave, or autosave when attempting to leave the cave). I can "coc XYZ cell" my way out of the cave, but that's it. Additionally, I

1) Can't pick up Red Eagle's Bane from the podium. It disappears from the podium but never gets added to my inventory

2) If I drop a bunch of gear (my TAWoBA outfit parts, 12 parts in total), I can pick them up and only ~6 of them actually get added to my inventory.

3) Attempting to disable the mod and re-enable it does nothing to fix this

4) Running the "Clean up Aliases" setting gets hung up and sits at "running" infinitely. I've let it sit for several hours once and it doesn't seem to progress.

Is there any way I can save this savegame at this point? or do I just have to suck it up and rewind 15+ hours of game time to a point where the Alias cleaning function still works, and just be more careful from there?

Edit: For some reason, reloading an older save where saving wasn't busted, quicksaving, then loading back into the most recent, borked save seems to have fixed saving, but I still can't pick up REB from the podium or some pieces of gear and actually have it go into my inventory. Alias cleanup script is still broken, too.

Papyrus.0.log

Hey Monoman im currently trying to fix the issue of my skyrim being absolutely unplayable (UI doesn´t load, Slow Sexlab stuff,Frequent Freezes etc.) and I tried Fallrim Tools again as you suggested. I searched the Active Scripts Tab and found a ton of things related to your mod it seems (Im guessing mwa stands for Mortal Weapons & Armors) . Is this normal ? It´s a ton of folders with different things inside. 

I put a picture in the spoiler here:

Spoiler

(This isn´t all of it, it´s likely 5-10 times the amount of whats shown here, when i selected all of them it showed 32903 elements)

asgggasgasgaagagsgsggsggg.thumb.PNG.3242f8580f301618c4cf497701c12094.PNG

Sorry folks but I don't really support mwa anymore. 

Items can be added to ignore lists. Items that disappear when picked up generally I find I have to craft them/get new ones.

AkiKay. That's a lot of script instances. Must have been a long time before you noticed. Since none of the scripts are stuck at the same point it's hard to say what's wrong. Don't really know how to fix that. Clean save might be the only route but I don't know how your save will react to clean saving MWA. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

AkiKay. That's a lot of script instances. Must have been a long time before you noticed. Since none of the scripts are stuck at the same point it's hard to say what's wrong. Don't really know how to fix that. Clean save might be the only route but I don't know how your save will react to clean saving MWA. 

At the start MWA resized my starting-armor coming with Alternative Start to something i can´t wear so i cheated in 15 armors to get a chance of my size being one of the 15. Only 5 appeared, the other 10 never appeared. Maybe that caused some issues. Oh well

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 3:01 PM, AkiKay said:

At the start MWA resized my starting-armor coming with Alternative Start to something i can´t wear so i cheated in 15 armors to get a chance of my size being one of the 15. Only 5 appeared, the other 10 never appeared. Maybe that caused some issues. Oh well

No reason to cheat. I use Alternate Start too and I begin with 4 armor items. Just use the mod's MCM to make them compatible:

1. Remove all armor.

2. In the MCM, add them one by one as fitted objects and completely exit the MCM between each one. This will DUPLICATE the items in your inventory.

3. Put on the new fitted items and toss the originals.

If you want to convert this mod from LE to SE yourself, it's very easy. Here are the directions with a few other optional steps:

1. CHANGE FORM 43 to 44 IN CK: Open the Creation Kit and open the list of plugins. Double-click on this mod's plugin and set it to active. Finish the load. Then simply save the plugin and exit. That will convert if from from 43 to 44. YOU ARE DONE WITH THE CONVERSION. Do the rest of the steps if you want...

2. Add the bashed tag "Keywords" to the plugin so that the weapons will get their keyword for immunity added to the bashed patch. This is necessary otherwise all the special weapons listed in the plugin will NOT be immune because the bashed patch will have different values for them.

3. Forward the appropriate USSEP and WACCF records into the Armor and Weapon hierarchies in this plugin (or into a patch file). This is necessary because the plugin disregards many of the changes in USSEP and WACCF and reverts the stats back to the vanilla values.

4. Remove the Navigation Mesh Info map hierarchy from the plugin (I assume that's a leftover from the CK). It is not needed.

5. Optionally delete all the *.tga files from this mod. They are not needed by SE (SE cannot use tga files).

6. Clean the assets with Cathedral Optimizer. That will fix a lot of the meshes.

So after doing some more extensive testing with this mod I've found that tempered items never degrade. I now see from the description that the degradation starts after tempering wears off, but I just spent an hour hacking at soldiers with a great sword that was tempered +5 and tempering never went down at all. And my armor was tempered with +6 and the tempering never went down after being hit hundreds of time with all the values in the MCM at max for degradation (they probably don't touch tempering states I guess?). Anyway, what it the expected behavior? My hunch is that the tempering states are controlled by vanilla skyrim and this mod just checks that. But why would my armor's tempering stand an hour of brutal beating without any change? Just trying to understand things here.

35 minutes ago, Glanzer said:

So after doing some more extensive testing with this mod I've found that tempered items never degrade. I now see from the description that the degradation starts after tempering wears off, but I just spent an hour hacking at soldiers with a great sword that was tempered +5 and tempering never went down at all. And my armor was tempered with +6 and the tempering never went down after being hit hundreds of time with all the values in the MCM at max for degradation (they probably don't touch tempering states I guess?). Anyway, what it the expected behavior? My hunch is that the tempering states are controlled by vanilla skyrim and this mod just checks that. But why would my armor's tempering stand an hour of brutal beating without any change? Just trying to understand things here.

Try dropping the items on the ground and pick them up. 

YES that did indeed fix it, and the armor now correctly shows up in the equipment status list in the MCM when it didn't before. THANKS. However.... I can't get my tempered sword to degrade. I tried dropping it then picking it back up. I tried putting it into a container, closing the container, then pulling it back out. And finally I even tried duplicating it by using the "fit" option in the MCM and then using the duplicate, and even dropping the duplicate and picking it back up again. Are weapons supposed to appear in the equip status screen in the MCM? Because they never do. And yes I put the weapon degradation values to max and hit against real NPCs for a long time.

9 minutes ago, Glanzer said:

YES that did indeed fix it, and the armor now correctly shows up in the equipment status list in the MCM when it didn't before. THANKS. However.... I can't get my tempered sword to degrade. I tried dropping it then picking it back up. I tried putting it into a container, closing the container, then pulling it back out. And finally I even tried duplicating it by using the "fit" option in the MCM and then using the duplicate, and even dropping the duplicate and picking it back up again. Are weapons supposed to appear in the equip status screen in the MCM? Because they never do. And yes I put the weapon degradation values to max and hit against real NPCs for a long time.

From memory I believe weapons should show up in the equip list yes. 

Thank you so much for the help. I finally just stole a mace, coc'd to another town to get out of combat, tempered the mace, and it was finally put into the equip list and started degrading immediately. So I guess that there is some problem with starting equipment that I get in Live Another Life. The armor I started with from LAL worked after fitting it to myself, but the bow I started with never did. And any weapon I test after spawning it via the AddItem mod doesn't work even after getting dropped and acquiring the degradation values in the UI.

In conclusion, it seems that the ORIGIN of the armor and weapons is important to this mod, and we need to be sure that whatever items we equip need to appear in the MCM's equip list.

Wish I could give you a kudos Monoman but this isn't the Nexus. THANK YOU for offering help to people here despite the fact that this mod's development has stagnated.

EDIT: So I thought I figured it out, but apparently there are more glitches. I just bought a weapon and can't get it to appear in the MCM and it won't degrade even after the drop/pickup routine. So I bought a couple more weapons of other types with the same results. Hence I will have to uninstall this mod.

Hi OP. Just dropped by to say what a solid concept you have here. Although I have not managed to get this mod working properly on my SE Requiem run, I can totally see how much more interesting my game would be if this worked. I hope your work inspires someone to take up a similar project. Thank you!

Hi folks,

I know Monoman is no longer supporting this mod, so I was hoping the community could help me out with a couple of questions about this mod. I've been dissatisfied with how Loot & Degradation implemented it's equipment damage system and I'm looking at MWA as an alternative. However, I had two questions that I couldn't find answers to in the documentation and I hoped you can help.

1. I know MWA doesn't work on followers, but I was curious: does it work on hostile NPCs? One of my issues with L&D is that I never get a situation where I sunder an enemy's shield or break their sword. I know MWA damages items on death, but can they break during combat?

2. The front page contains a warning about the devious devices device hider. I'm hesitant to turn if off because some of the clothes/armor in my game will clip badly vs. devious devices. Can you give me more information about how these conflict? Does it only prevent detection of items that are hidden by the device hider (possible an unintended "feature, not bug" situation)? Does the device hider itself get damaged/broken and mess up the functionality? Does it completely break item detection overall and therefore break the whole MWA mod?

Thanks in advance for helping me out with this. I'm getting close to 500 plugins at this point, so every new mod I add requires extensive patching and conflict resolution to maintain stability... I figured I'd try to nail down these two functional matters before investing the time for compatibility testing and integration.

• 1 month later...

Hi MonoMan,

there's a caveat here :

If you're a man (Gender = 0 and weight = 0) in your _MWA_FitContainer script :

Function DoRefit()
    ObjectReference ObjRef
    Int Gender = PlayerRef.GetActorBase().GetSex()
    If Gender == 0
        Gender = -1
    EndIf
    Float PlayerFit = Gender * PlayerRef.GetActorBase().GetWeight()
    Int i = StorageUtil.FormlistCount(none, "_MWA_ForRepairList")
    While i > 0
        i -= 1
        ObjRef = StorageUtil.FormlistGet(none, "_MWA_ForRepairList", i) as ObjectReference
        StorageUtil.SetIntValue(ObjRef, "_MWA_Durability", (StorageUtil.GetIntValue(ObjRef, "_MWA_DurabilityMax")))
        StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(ObjRef, "_MWA_ArmorFit", (PlayerFit + 0.1))
        ;Debug.MessageBox(ObjRef + " - fit: " + PlayerFit)
    EndWhile
    _MWA_EnchantTestSubjectRef.RemoveAllItems(akTransferTo = PlayerRef, abKeepOwnership = true, abRemoveQuestItems = false)
EndFunction

All your stuff will be refit for a woman instead of man.

you probably wanted to put : StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(ObjRef, "_MWA_ArmorFit", (PlayerFit + 0.1 * Gender))

Edit 21/01/17, here the recompiled script _MWA_FitContainer.pex

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there thanks for your mod. I've read there will be no more support but just wanted to ask if its possible to add a auto equip function for Armors. Because i made myself some simple "damaged" Stages of the Iron Bikini Set. Maybe this can be done with keywords? You know like have an undamaged mesh and when its destroyed auto equip the next "Stage"

of the Armor and so on. ... Anyway thanks for this great mod again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, I'm getting a repeatable CTD every time I enter the main Tamriel cell. Disabling MWA solves the problem. I had an early false correlation with the death effect script from Maximum Carnage, but I'm pretty confident I've ruled that out after using judicious pausing to let MC do all its stuff prior to the crash. What I end up with now at the end of the papyrus log is below. Can anyone give me insight into what's going on with these "dropping form" entries? They seem to be the common string in all my crash logs.

[03/05/2021 - 04:24:05PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (000209AA)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:07PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (FE0C8FAC)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:07PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Armor < (00013910)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:09PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (000A6D7D)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:10PM] _MWA_: Dropping [WEAPON < (0003B562)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:11PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (4003D9B8)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:12PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (FE0D084D)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:13PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (72003EBD)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:14PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (000A6D7F)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:14PM] Error: Unable to bind script rdm_cloak to Active effect 3 on  (000825B5) because their base types do not match
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:14PM] _MWA_: Dropping [Form < (FE1D8D63)>]
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] Error: Unable to bind script rdm_cloak to Active effect 5 on  (FF000C2A) because their base types do not match
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] Error: Unable to bind script rdm_cloak to Active effect 5 on  (FF000BA7) because their base types do not match
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] Error: Unable to bind script rdm_cloak to Active effect 5 on  (FF000EF9) because their base types do not match
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] Error: Unable to bind script rdm_cloak to Active effect 5 on  (FF0020D0) because their base types do not match
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] Error: Unable to bind script rdm_cloak to Active effect 5 on  (FF0023C4) because their base types do not match
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] Error: Cannot call Play() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [Active effect 2 on  (8D9AEC89)].FlameAtronachEffectScript.OnEffectStart() - "flameatronacheffectscript.psc" Line 29
[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] _MWA_: Dropping: [Armor < (0004223B)>]

58 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

folks, I'm getting a repeatable CTD every time I enter the main Tamriel cell. Disabling MWA solves the problem. I had an early false correlation with the death effect script from Maximum Carnage, but I'm pretty confident I've ruled that out after using judicious pausing to let MC do all its stuff prior to the crash. What I end up with now at the end of the papyrus log is below. Can anyone give me insight into what's going on with these "dropping form" entries? They seem to be the common string in all my crash logs.

Have you investigated armor 0004223B as being a bad mesh?

1. What is the mod in the 8D load order slot? That Flame Atronach Effect Script is what is stack dumping

2. CTD from MWA item drop is usually a bad ground NIF. The FE items are going to be difficult to track (because FE is assigned to all ESL plugins so they are not distinct and you can't pinpoint which mod it is from a load order address) But you could use xEdit to search the last 6 digits and if there are more than one result look for the one that is an article of clothing from an ESL flagged mod (hopefully there are not more than one mod using the same form number that are flagged ESL)

3. The rdm_cloak scripts I don't think are MWA because the Form 000825B5 is a persistent placed NPC marker for a forest predator leveled NPC. (Not the NPC itself but the marker for where to place the NPC in the forest.) ?

4. Since you are using SE, are you using Bug Fixes SSE? If so are you getting a .NET crash log? What does it say? 

1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

[03/05/2021 - 04:24:15PM] _MWA_: Dropping: [Armor < (0004223B)>]

14 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Have you investigated armor 0004223B as being a bad mesh?

It's a vanilla Merchant hat. So if you have a replacer mod that changes the ARMO files of vanilla outfits (which would be rare since replacers usually only change the ARMA) that could be a problem... it is probably not that one, I wouldn't think anyway ?

@Monoman1, @Corsayr, thank you for writing back so quickly! Let me try to address all your responses in one post.

Potential bad ground mesh on merchant hat (4223b): Clothes\MerchantClothes\hatgo.nif is being provided by the vanilla data files; while the ARMO is edited by several mods, none of them change the ground mesh.

Identity of other dropped items cited:

[Form < (000209AA)>] -- Vanilla FarmHat02, ground mesh provided by vanilla 
[Form < (FE0C8FAC)>] FE0C8 is Skyrim Modesty Mod -- Studded Armor with Undershirt -- ground mesh provided by vanilla
[Armor < (00013910)>] -- Vanilla Hide Boots, ground mesh provided by vanilla
[Form < (000A6D7D)>] -- Vanilla Stormcloak gauntlets, ground mesh provided by Legacy of the Dragonborn
[WEAPON < (0003B562)>] -- Vanilla Longbow, ground mesh provided by Immersive Weapons Integration
[Form < (4003D9B8)>] -- 40 is Immersive Weapons Integration -- Nordix Seax, ground mesh provided by that IWI
[Form < (FE0D084D)>] -- FE0D0 is an override patch for Guards Armor Replacer -- Windhelm Guard Armor, ground mesh provided by GAR
[Form < (72003EBD)>] -- 72 is Guards Armor Replacer -- Iron Gauntlets, ground mesh provided by GAR
[Form < (000A6D7F)>] -- Vanilla Stormcloak fur boots, ground mesh provided by LOTD
[Form < (FE1D8D63)>] -- FE1D8 is Stormblade Armory -- Light cuirass, ground mesh provided by that mod

None of the above mods are newly installed or associated with any previous issues.

Identity of Mod 8D: 8D9AEC89 is the ACHR record for a dragon placed by Colorful Magic. However, the script referenced is the vanilla flame atronach effect script provided by the USSEP. 

.NET Script Framework Report: Well... that's part of my confusion. Since late January, when the new version of SSE Engine Fixes released, I have not been receiving NSF crash reports. I will try installing Bug Fixes SSE and see if A) that resolves the crash and B) if it restores crash reports. I'll report back on the results.

Unfortunately, installing Bug Fixes did not restore crash logging. I have already posted a bug report on the NSF Nexus Page (as have several others) so hopefully this will get addressed... eventually. Disabling Engine Fixes isn't really an option either, as the game is basically non-functional without it. 

30 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Unfortunately, installing Bug Fixes did not restore crash logging. I have already posted a bug report on the NSF Nexus Page (as have several others) so hopefully this will get addressed... eventually. Disabling Engine Fixes isn't really an option either, as the game is basically non-functional without it. 

Did you enable logs in mods\.NET Script Framework\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework.config.txt?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.40043ea80968cd766a520c473cc1e1ad.png

38 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Did you enable logs in mods\.NET Script Framework\NetScriptFramework\NetScriptFramework.config.txt?

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.40043ea80968cd766a520c473cc1e1ad.png

I did, yes. Verbose logging in engine fixes as well. NSF hasn't generated any logs (not even its basic NetScriptFramework.log) since January 24th, when I upgraded to the new version of SSE Engine Fixes.