Mortal Weapons & Armors

15 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I might have to pick your brain about this later. Like I've said before. Math is not my strong point. It's been years since I've used math in any meaningful way. I can usually do it but I'd have to sit down with a pen and paper (old school) to suss it out. 

Generation of (properly) normally distributed is a little fiddly to calculate.

It would be ok in C++, probably overkill in Papyrus.

You could sort of approximate it with a transformed SIN curve, or power curve; a better way, probably a look up table with linear interpolation.

It was kind of a joke. I don't think you need anything so elaborate.

You can find the algorithm on Wikipedia (box muller transform).

It looks costly at first (the while loop) but then on inspection it's clear that's just to rule out tiny values of u1.

double generateGaussianNoise(double mu, double sigma)
{
        static const double epsilon = std::numeric_limits<double>::min();
        static const double two_pi = 2.0*3.14159265358979323846;

thread_local double z1;

thread_local bool generate;
        generate
= !generate;

if (!generate) {

return z1 * sigma + mu;

}

double u1, u2;

do
         {
           u1
= rand() * (1.0 / RAND_MAX);
           u2
= rand() * (1.0 / RAND_MAX);
         }

while ( u1 <= epsilon );

double z0;
        z0
= sqrt(-2.0 * log(u1)) * cos(two_pi * u2);
        z1
= sqrt(-2.0 * log(u1)) * sin(two_pi * u2);

return z0 * sigma + mu;
}

I might add a capability for calculating this into the SLAX plugin.

On 9/14/2019 at 8:56 AM, Monoman1 said:

I might have to pick your brain about this later. Like I've said before. Math is not my strong point. It's been years since I've used math in any meaningful way. I can usually do it but I'd have to sit down with a pen and paper (old school) to suss it out. 

I don't believe so. I've not seen this strengthening for a few versions now. Jealco over in the milk addict thread has seen it. Do you use milk addict maybe? Like I've said somewhere else, I normally set mme progression to snail pace and never get very far before I need to restart my game so that could explain why I've never seen it. 

My issue is with the MA rip chances procing and healing my top instead of damaging it (or, in a few cases now, simply doing nothing).  It could be tied together, though.

I don't use Requiem either, so that very well could be a problem.  I'll download it and launch a fresh game with Requiem running and see if the issues clear up.

There is a problem with AdditemMenu2. When you add an item to your inventory this mod does its thing and the game starts lagging like hell for a few seconds, then it sometimes crashes. Is there a way to temporarily prevent the mod from determining the stats, or even force assign a gender stat? Then I could just throw it on the ground and pick it up after I've added it.

22 minutes ago, saltshade said:

There is a problem with AdditemMenu2. When you add an item to your inventory this mod does its thing and the game starts lagging like hell for a few seconds, then it sometimes crashes. Is there a way to temporarily prevent the mod from determining the stats, or even force assign a gender stat? Then I could just throw it on the ground and pick it up after I've added it.

You could add it to your followers inventory by using the additem command in the console. But it is a known issue that MWA doesn't play well with additem menu the mod atm.  

So I've been chasing the problem I've been having with MWA and weapons and armor losing their tempering in one hit.  I've noticed some odd behavior where, when I equip items I tempered, they don't show up on the MWA equip list, though their health has initialized properly in inventory.  After dropping and reequipping, they then show up on the MWA equip list as expected, but will lose their tempering immediately upon hit.

I went in and force-loaded PapyrusUtil after SexLab and Simply Knock, the only two mods on my list that share files with PapyrusUtil, and that did nothing.  I've also removed Milk Addict from the load order and confirmed it isn't a conflict there.  I suspect whatever gremlin is running around the files is the source of that damnable bug in MA that was causing armor to heal when MA tore my armor.

I'm using MWA 0.39.  Was going to try 0.36 but I screwed up and deleted my archive for it.  Derp.

12 minutes ago, jealco said:

So I've been chasing the problem I've been having with MWA and weapons and armor losing their tempering in one hit.  I've noticed some odd behavior where, when I equip items I tempered, they don't show up on the MWA equip list, though their health has initialized properly in inventory.  After dropping and reequipping, they then show up on the MWA equip list as expected, but will lose their tempering immediately upon hit.

I went in and force-loaded PapyrusUtil after SexLab and Simply Knock, the only two mods on my list that share files with PapyrusUtil, and that did nothing.  I've also removed Milk Addict from the load order and confirmed it isn't a conflict there.  I suspect whatever gremlin is running around the files is the source of that damnable bug in MA that was causing armor to heal when MA tore my armor.

I'm using MWA 0.39.  Was going to try 0.36 but I screwed up and deleted my archive for it.  Derp.

I think the objects health is reported in the mcm in the equip list. 

What are the healths before attacking and after?

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I think the objects health is reported in the mcm in the equip list. 

What are the healths before attacking and after?

Before, they're at 1.10000, as they're supposed to be.  After, they drop to 1.0.  Durability damage then happens like it's supposed to.  Damage values in MWA are set to Requiem defaults (0.0060 for a normal attack, 0.0120 for power attacks.) Changing those values has no effect on the tempering loss either.

11 hours ago, jealco said:

Before, they're at 1.10000, as they're supposed to be.  After, they drop to 1.0.  Durability damage then happens like it's supposed to.  Damage values in MWA are set to Requiem defaults (0.0060 for a normal attack, 0.0120 for power attacks.) Changing those values has no effect on the tempering loss either.

Hmm. You don't have some other mod that messes with tempering?

Loot & degradation? - Can be used but need to set degradation rates to 0

Sky tweak maybe?

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Hmm. You don't have some other mod that messes with tempering?

Loot & degradation? - Can be used but need to set degradation rates to 0

Sky tweak maybe?

No SkyTweak, and I deleted L&D the moment I discovered MWA.  Much prefer having health values vs items just randomly shattering on the third swing.  You gotta be one hell of a bad blacksmith to make me a sword that breaks instantly lol.  Add in all the other features of MWA, and I was done.

Only other mod I have that even comes close to tempering is a mod which adds clothing temper recipes, but I don't see how that could be an issue.

56 minutes ago, saltshade said:

Would it be possible to make a patch for Bikini Armors? It's really weird when you find bikini armor that was made for men. If it has the bikini keyword it should be set to female automatically.

Will be in the next version: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/9880-mortal-weapons-armors-dev-blog/

See the 4th comment. 

On 9/19/2019 at 12:26 PM, jealco said:

No SkyTweak, and I deleted L&D the moment I discovered MWA.  Much prefer having health values vs items just randomly shattering on the third swing.  You gotta be one hell of a bad blacksmith to make me a sword that breaks instantly lol.  Add in all the other features of MWA, and I was done.

Only other mod I have that even comes close to tempering is a mod which adds clothing temper recipes, but I don't see how that could be an issue.

I still have a feeling that it's something in your load order. 

Have you tried minimal load order - SkyUI, papyrus util, MWA?

If it works ok this way then it would suggest it is something else. Enable blocks of mods until the issue reproduces. Then your problem mod is somewhere within the last activated block of mods. 

Painful but sometimes there's no other way. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Will be in the next version: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/9880-mortal-weapons-armors-dev-blog/

See the 4th comment. 

I still have a feeling that it's something in your load order. 

Have you tried minimal load order - SkyUI, papyrus util, MWA?

If it works ok this way then it would suggest it is something else. Enable blocks of mods until the issue reproduces. Then your problem mod is somewhere within the last activated block of mods. 

Painful but sometimes there's no other way. 

I'll give it a shot sometime over the weekend.

I'm going to laugh when it's something dumb like AOS2 that broke it.

On 7/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, Lupine00 said:

If it's tagged as clothes, then I think it could go on a tailor, and if it's tagged as light armor (like a lot of stuff that just isn't light armor) then it shouldn't.

The main problem seems to be with the makers of the armor/clothing mods, quite a few of them do not keyword the properly.

I have seen things flagged as clothing, with heavy armor keywords, or light armor keywords before now, when I build merge armor packs the biggest time sink I have is going through the damn things and making sure that the keywords for location, material and type are all correct, with small mods that is pretty quick, but get one with 20-30 pieces in it and it takes ages.

20 minutes ago, Varithina said:

The main problem seems to be with the makers of the armor/clothing mods, quite a few of them do not keyword the properly.

I have seen things flagged as clothing, with heavy armor keywords, or light armor keywords before now, when I build merge armor packs the biggest time sink I have is going through the damn things and making sure that the keywords for location, material and type are all correct, with small mods that is pretty quick, but get one with 20-30 pieces in it and it takes ages.

Yup. I'm the same. I always go over armors. Make sure everything's kosher - Armor ratings, weights, value, slots, keywords etc. Suffice it to say I don't add many armor mods anymore - takes too much time and I'd have to remerge everything and probably start a new game. 

To be fair. If someone put a gun to my head and said "create an armor mesh", I'd be a dead man as I wouldn't have a clue where to start. So the fact that a lot of armor modders don't know much about creating a plugin to go along with their armor is understandable and forgivable really. I'd say what a lot of them are doing is just duplicating ebony armor (because everything seems to have the same stats as ebony) and just changing the model. 

BTW. Can anyone think of any other armors/clothes that should always fit the player while I'm at it? Besides the Radiant Raiment outfit. 

28 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

BTW. Can anyone think of any other armors/clothes that should always fit the player while I'm at it? Besides the Radiant Raiment outfit. 

Party clothes for Thalmor Embassy.

They are far more annoying if they don't fit, because you have to stop the quest railroad before it pushes you onto the carriage, walk back to Solitude, go in, pay for a bed, wait until morning, pay the tailor, pay the toll, walk back to Delphine and trigger the port to the embassy.

Or you can render them immune to MWA, which makes them universal size.

Here's another little prank from MWA:

758895287_enb2019_09_2121_45_55_45.thumb.jpg.f55d1d7b71bacedfaf5cc91f924c06ae.jpg

Imagine how sexy this would look on a nice bulky male follower?

20 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Party clothes for Thalmor Embassy.

21 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Here's another little prank from MWA:

Ughh.

@Corsayr

Cue Liam Neeson voice: You post that pic again and I will find you and I will kill you. :P

But this has been fixed. Check the MWA dev blog: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/9880-mortal-weapons-armors-dev-blog/

13 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

But you clicked the spoiler knowing full well what it might have been! So what does that say about you.... 

Well, it'd be unfair to kill you if I didn't check ;)

I'm glad I did. (Because it's nice pic, not because of not wanting to kill you or something :P)

11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

But this has been fixed.

I don't see any update since July. I'm already running the 0.39 version.

Ah, I see. There's a test version ... doesn't really do what I want though, I'd have to keyword my ESP. It'd find it quicker to modify the MWA source probably.

In my game, if the armor comes from any mod at all, I know it can be made female only.

The only male armor is vanilla armor.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

In my game, if the armor comes from any mod at all, I know it can be made female only.

That's interesting but I guess it might not suit everyone? (I think it would suit most though, myself included)

Plus I'd guess there could be potential issues when someone doesn't have one of the DLCs? -> Dragonborn DLC at 04 => any other mod would normally be 05+. I'd say the likelihood of having an armor mod that low in the load order is pretty low though. 

So I dunno :S

9 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

But you would only need to keyword it, if it is on a leveled list and can appear in the world randomly. 

anything that has to be crafted by you to exist is always going to be your size. 

MM1 caused this problem when he made the bikini leveled list in SLS ??

4 hours ago, Corsayr said:

But you would only need to keyword it, if it is on a leveled list and can appear in the world randomly. 

I can probably add a check for survivals _SLS_BikiniArmor keyword so that at least that works 'out of the box' and you wouldn't need to add both keywords. 

Edit: Done.

4 hours ago, Corsayr said:

MM1 caused this problem when he made the bikini leveled list in SLS ??

Yup. That's me. Always creating problems. 

I said I would go thru my modlist, and try to find the dastardly mod.  This, in turn, made me realize that Vortex's stupid damned backup system is a royal pain in the ass, since it wasn't uninstalling mods properly.  Which means I hit that damn purge button.  I then saved my changes, and now have NO esp's or anything deploying at all.  GG, Vortex.

I suspect, when I'm done with what will be a fresh Skyrim install, and presumably going to MO2 while I'm at it, I'll have no issues.  Probably going to be another couple of days before I report back on things, while I figure out what mod was what, and where I got some things from, and all that crap, so I can reinstall everything.

I'm now REALLY glad I shave my head.

It's Great, i love your Mod !

how can i adjust the minimum degradation of weapons looted on NPCs ? they are often very low and i can just use them for very few hits. It's probably in the MCM menu but didn't find it.

Ty !

btw : i met a bug with a mod that not availabe anymore on nexus called "Racemenu Equip"  that allow you to go naked and equip weapons while in Racemenu. this mod apparently create fake weapons all starting by "A" (in the name of it)  to be able to test them while in Racemenu to adjust postions. But with your mod these weapons are no more invisible in the inventory as they should be and aren't deleted at the end of racemenu session. So i suddenly come with tons of weapons in my inventory. Plus i see them flying around me sometime just at the start of racemenu session (weird~) ... it's more for your information that me hoping a patch ! :)