Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

2 hours ago, Taki17 said:

intimacy, mutual trust.

That's a very valid point. I recommend, that we have a special look at Mara for future quests. ... or when we spice up the existing ones with more dialogue and books/notes to read :classic_happy:

17 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

well, you have other mods in your LO or not?

Everything that changes the area around whiterun, light mods that change the placement of  light sources, road overhauls, door texture/mesh replacers, quest mods that add something later in that area.

Everything that has a potential to change door/entry/area conflicts.

Maybe if you post your LO it wouldn't be such a pocking in the dark and maybe someone can see a conflict in there.

Worst case the mods wasn't installed right or requirements missing or no/old USLEEP?

I just installed sexlab, DDA,DDI , DDE and their requiremtns. Any other idea pls?

3 minutes ago, planwalker said:

I just installed sexlab, DDA,DDI , DDE and their requiremtns. Any other idea pls?

Try and install USLEEP and start with LAL to give all mods time to load and to circumvent the vanilla start in Helgen.

You could also check if all files of this mod ended in the right folders.

Still an LO would be helpful, because this can't be all mods you have installed, they all need requirements too.

You can export the LO via your Mod Manager, no need to type it (wouldn't want to do that either ^^).

Some random thoughts about decoration. Enhancing the shop even further. I mentioned some of them earlier but since it's the time of the year, I'll have time to add screenshots.

Opportunity: All things mentioned could develop itself into a "Decorate_Lauras_Shop_Quest" and grow with player successes and the jobs the PC does for Laura.

1. Mooooore Banners :classic_cool: They look really cool. ?

Spoiler

Up here would be great. Making them move in the wind would be even greater.

dev_LBS.3_0_1.1.jpg.7aadd17e7b4826c1bbf227cb5f9f9121.jpg

If not flags and banners, we could do with chains, ropes. Maybe steel bars ... or a cage (see 5 below). Well, you know? Ambience :classic_angel:

2. Flowers

Spoiler

Here, left and right. Like in the Blue Palace. Or snowberries in urns?

dev_LBS.3_0_1.2.jpg.b309583680ace10aaeb94d692363d93f.jpg

Here would be nice , too

dev_LBS.3_0_1.3.jpg.21547d2f98f518f0c514ca6beb7b39b0.jpg

Furthermore: decorationg the walls with ropes? Or chains again? Cuffs?

3. Shop stuff

Spoiler

A ledger, a locked strongbox, coin pouches, business letters

dev_LBS.3_0_1.5.jpg.73b4722de656df48a16f9df45e41cfcb.jpg

A locked and hidden strongbox with ...

Spoiler

KEYS :scream:

4. un-waste wasted space

Spoiler

dev_LBS.3_0_1.6.jpg.4af44d92a82a6c09664c1ab84021c23a.jpg

It could use some steel bars and a locked gate for the stairs. Make it appear like the crates contain something highly valuable

Or you could use the space to showcase rubber suits

And most of all, we need a display case with various gags! :classic_blush: Yes we do! Would fit in this corner.

5. Extension

Spoiler

Open the gate, and instead of the current wall, we get a staircase downwards into the basement.

And we coud have muuuuuch more options to start mysterious things down there. Like the secret door in the Sleeping Giant Inn :classic_happy:

dev_LBS.3_0_1.4.jpg.ff8d3cb5111848bcd0156a45e1d4b5e4.jpg

The cell "functionality" could either move downstairs or be  a cage in the attic.

19 hours ago, safetyvalve said:

Just heard of this mod, downloaded it and finished the "main" questline in a day.

Wow. This is really fantastic. The instances of taking control away from the player (the trapped chest, Jade and the potion, etc) were INCREDIBLY kinky imo and I'd LOVE to see more of that. ESPECIALLY being forced into a cage while completely encased in latex. Does any other mod do that? I need more. The writing here is so good!

Thank you so much. :blush:

My biggest kinks are bondage and shiny stuff, so they'll definitely be more of that in the future. :)

6 hours ago, griffinpyros said:

On another note. I played a little this morning, finding new toys for Laura to sell. As I walked in I noticed the shrine of Mara and thought to myself, "Shouldn't that be a shine of Dibella?". I'm not sure what your thoughts on that are, and I'm sure you had a good reason for choosing that specifically. I was just curious.

Dibella being the goddess of beauty would also fit. But Mara is the goddess of love and compassion, which is something that fits very well with bondage.

Also, Mara is often symbolised with a knot:

latest?cb=20161014200525

You can also see ropework around the shrine:

latest?cb=20171228035009

The rope probably symbolises how love ties a marriage (and/or people) together.

To me, love, trust and compassion fits bondage much better than just beauty.

5 hours ago, griffinpyros said:

After playing through this, I can definitely say that character building between Laura, Katarina and the player is what made it the most interesting for me. It's something the core game is sadly barren of.

Thank you. :)

I put a lot of time into the characters and dialogue, and hearing this makes it all worth it. :)

10 hours ago, planwalker said:

I installed the shop and the building is there. However, the door is missing and I cannot get in! Any idea what happened pls?

Untitled.jpg

First of all i will say that i was able to enable or disable those doors by console commands. If those doors from Lauras Bondage Shop are only one that you are missing - that's actually good for you. If not - that will be some global problem.

From the looks of your posted picture seems to me like you misclicked something else and probably used console command "disable" on them. And those doors maybe also were "MarkForDelete". I hope you didn't do this, because:

MarkForDelete Permanently deletes the selected item either instantaneously or upon reload. This command is cleaner than disable, as it removes the item completely instead of hiding it from view.

In above case - idk how to help you. Don't use MarkForDelete. It can be case they will not come back...

In other case there can be still a hope. What you probably know - console command "disable" is used basically on NPC's. But it can be also used on every other object inside game. Doors also.

From Wiki :

disable

This will make the target disappear, but still loaded with the cell (see also: MarkForDelete).

enable Used to make disabled targets re-appear.

What you need to do to test it is to find if you can bring those doors back - firstly use PRID console commands on Lauras Bondage Shop doors: (wiki don't say this that PRID will have an effect also at any other object than NPC's - doors also)

Prid <refID> Sets the NPC as reference, allowing other commands to be used, good for targeting NPCs that cannot be reached/seleceted on screen or fixing quest glitches about NPCs not appearing.

because you cannot click on those doors with mouse if they are already invisible inside game for you. Than use command "enable".

I was able to do so just like that:

Spoiler

927994583_enb2019_09_2217_08_42_51.jpg.b0db8b8a394dab873aec7d8d0d4565d9.jpg

716243931_enb2019_09_2217_08_50_99.jpg.bd8ae93e3675f3a38da27bb7ead1c9bd.jpg

1209315316_enb2019_09_2217_08_58_93.jpg.56223110efbf0a2da7bff31018b61a4c.jpg

In my case doors to Laura shop had ID: 4d002eb5

In your case - depending on your load order - 4d - can be something else, but rest of the number will be the same. Find wich Mod Index your Lauras Bondage Shop has in Mod Organizer and replace - 4d - with your number.

I cannot explain it better. And also don't think that it can be actually better explained.

But i hope that this will help you out. Peace. ✌️?

EDIT: Keep in mind that you need actually to press tilde ~ to exit from console to see the changes - if they will reappear for you. Because at console - the time of the game is frozen for you. And while being still in console - you will see no difference made by Skyrim engine to the world. Also because of that behaviour of Skyrim's engine - there are many mistakes taken by people who use console... They cannot see the difference - until they go outside of the console. And it can be too late already - if some commands were done before exiting. That's the source of mistakes happening.

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

That, and in the modding scene Dibella seems to be appropriated by several sex cults. It never hurts being different.

In the mod Amorous Adventures, in the quest named: "The Mark Of Love" NPC Annekke Crag-Jumper who is the silent practicer of the Dibellan arts - has a husband who she described as "a sad stick" - because probably he doesn't practice much with her Dibellan sex arts. ? 

She had her insight on things with Mara and Dibella. The best ones i have heard in all mods whatsoever. And it was something with lines like that:

"Lady Mara gives love and attention to everyone in marriage who needs it. While Lady Dibella comes to people who need more passion, more seazonal Love."

I think that both goddesses can be related to devious devices. 

So, I might be missing something very obvious, but whenever I talk to Xayah in the blue palace, for the What she Deserves quest, she takes the potion as she's supposed to, but then nothing happens, I lose control of my character and she just stands there, looking at Xayah eating bread. I've tried multiple times waiting a different amount of time, up to 10 minutes. Any idea what might be causing this? I've looked at my papyrus log's, but nothing really obvious is jumping out at me.

I am using the SSE version by  the way.

Papyrus.1.log

11 minutes ago, piotsze said:

In the mod Amorous Adventures, in the quest named: "The Mark Of Love" NPC Annekke Crag-Jumper who is the silent practicer od the Dibellan arts - has a husband who she described as "a sad stick" - because probably he doesn't practice much with her Dibellan sex arts. ? 

She had her insight on things with Mara and Dibella. The best ones i have heard in all mods whatsoever. And it was something with lines like that:

"Lady Mara gives love and attention to everyone in marriage who needs it. While Lady Dibella comes to people who need more passion, more seazonal Love."

I think that both goddesses can be related to devious devices.

You're right, both Dibella and Mara have a place in bondage, but I still think Mara is a better fit for the shop.

I should check out Amorous Adentures, it sounds really interesting.

7 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You're right, both Dibella and Mara have a place in bondage, but I still think Mara is a better fit for the shop.

I should check out Amorous Adentures, it sounds really interesting.

Ok. But keep in mind that AA was made by a guy. So most of quests are Casanova-like to hunt womans hearts. It's mostly romantic with element of sex ofc. Sex scenes are played after quests are done. Can go with OSA/Osex or SexLab. Best play would be with OSex to have extended interaction with partner. Very hot - especially when changing positions and with choices what to do in every position. But OSex it is definitly longer experience than with SexLab scenes.

Just now, piotsze said:

Ok. But keep in mind that AA was made by a guy. So most of quests are Casanova-like to hunt womans hearts. It's mostly romantic with element of sex ofc. Sex scenes are played after quests are done. Can go with OSA/Osex or SexLab. Best play would be with OSex to have extended interaction with partner. Very hot - especially when changing positions and with choices what to do in every position. But OSex it is definitly longer experience than with SexLab scenes.

I'm not a fan of womaniser stuff. I already thought the screenshots with the text on them were a bit weird. Thanks for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm not a fan of womaniser stuff. I already thought the screenshots with the text on them were a bit weird. Thanks for the heads-up.

Still, the idea of a frame to tie lifeless vanilla quests together into a wider story arc is great.

If not for the casanova part, the stories are great. Plus the completely voiced NPCs made of 100% vanilla sound snippets.

If you like to watch a teaser:

Spoiler

Cut & paste from an older post of mine:

We've got a great mod here on LL and over the trench hat Nexus: Amorous Adventures, created by FoxFingers.

Shinji72 created an equally entertaining series of videos by playing this mod for us:

I invite you to enjoy my favorite of these: Amorous SERANA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqq6EWE5TOpRvxIxNs4ZBy7lupNfYjW3k&v=LFqX9XfdtSI

Not enough for the day? Move on to: Amorous SOLITUDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZKBmmT_LWU&list=PLqq6EWE5TOpRSFBkdFUAH8d5gByDDNt8X

1 hour ago, Exodius911 said:

So, I might be missing something very obvious, but whenever I talk to Xayah in the blue palace, for the What she Deserves quest, she takes the potion as she's supposed to, but then nothing happens, I lose control of my character and she just stands there, looking at Xayah eating bread. I've tried multiple times waiting a different amount of time, up to 10 minutes. Any idea what might be causing this? I've looked at my papyrus log's, but nothing really obvious is jumping out at me.

I am using the SSE version by  the way.

Papyrus.1.log 19.98 kB · 5 downloads

I don't have or play on Skyrim Special Edition. But from the look in the log looks to me as you don't have Console Util SE. So do you have the Console Util for SE installed? It is here on nexus. Some errors concern consoleutil you know... Also it shall be fairly early in the load order. Just after SKSE - becouse it's a plugin for SKSE.

9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Why doesn't Mara work? She is the divine of love. Love as in companionship, intimacy, mutual trust. All of those are essential when doing bondage.

Yes, you're probably right. I just always thing Dibella when I think of BDSM in Skyrim. I guess it's just due to the direction of so many of the mods here on LL. Captured Dreams, Devious Followers and Laura's Bondage Shop have certainly given the content a lot more flavour, which I certainly thank you for. I raelly do prefer the engaging bdsm play in these mods. Mia's Sex Slaves (can't remember the name of the mod right now) was good, I really liked the content with the two voiced characters, but it didn't really go anyware after you complete their quest. I'm just rambling now though, really tired.

In other news, got my new hard drive in now, time to start getting Skyrim reinstalled.

3 hours ago, Taki17 said:

That, and in the modding scene Dibella seems to be appropriated by several sex cults. It never hurts being different.

Yeah, I think that's why I think Dibella instead of Mara, and the above post about the knot binding people together in Mara's artwork certainly fits a lot better, thankyou.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I would still highly highly recommend installing it, even if simply to add actual character depth and backstories to the vanilla followers and marriageable NPCs.  The level of polish it adds to those characters with 100% spliced dialogue and personal quests is honestly quite striking.  It actually gives those characters a personality, and for a select set of followers enhances them to the level of mod-added custom followers (especially Lydia and Serena).  Serena's quest in particularly basically retrofits the entire Dawnguard storyline into a fantasy/romance novel, simply by adding character-development quest steps into the overall expansion quests.

The PC is certainly written as more of a Casanova character, but I never found it particularly overbearing even playing as female PC.  Some quests are better than others, it generally depends on how much footprint the original NPC had in the base game.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of some of the writing in AA, but that aside, I still highly recommend the mod as it does a lot for the story telling and attachment to characters that the base game falls flat on. Lydia's demeanor change to the player is worth it alone. I love having Lydia wit me. Also, Serana's story becomes far more fleshed out. I think she's probably got the best of the extended story.

13 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

out of thumbs again => ?

That was again a pretty good explanation.

I hope it helps planwalker.

(definitely will help me someday =D )

While thank you! ? In the old times of Windows Vista i was playing also Skyrim. Yes, i remember my first PC that could handle it: AMD Phenom II Black Edition x4 cores, 4 GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM, 2x 500GB HDD in Raid 1 - to double speeds, NVidia Geforce GTX 460 1GB Vram. Also the electrical "coils" on this graphics card were making terrible "whizzling" sound that nobody have heard in a home but just me.

I remember that there were none to just a couple of mods at all! And i was a teenager back than. Console commands were actually the only way to repair something that happened in Skyrim, seriously. So i have learned how to use them. I just only hope that it is still kinda entertaining to read. I feel like an oldtimer, doh!