Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 minutes ago, davidxs said:

CTD after being equipped with chains in "Blending In" quest.  Any ideas as to what could be causing this or has this problem been reported on the forum before and solved?

A few people have reported the same issue over the last few pages. It seems to be because HDT physics extensions weren't installed, or weren't installed properly. Devious expansion needs this for the chain items, even though I don't think HDT-PE is listed as an official requirement.

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm thinking of making an update to fix it, but it feels kinda silly to do that for one fix.

Just add a small note to the original post (like, "Hold your horses and let Liza force greet you if you want to finish the quest!"), then fix it in your next update, which I believe there will be much more content. Can't wait to find out who the "Perfect Girl" actually is (I have a hunch it's actually the player, but...) :)

Uh I have a tiny whiny itsy bitsy little request if you dont mind.

In DD there are two kinds of Ballerina heels (sadly no ebonite versions). You have included the ones who also come with the rubber stuff but there are  also some who force an uptoed Ballerina foot pose.

My PC would really love to buy those for her....humble....uh servants but she cant :(

3 hours ago, merManc said:

A few people have reported the same issue over the last few pages. It seems to be because HDT physics extensions weren't installed, or weren't installed properly. Devious expansion needs this for the chain items, even though I don't think HDT-PE is listed as an official requirement.

I'm guessing it's not listed as hard requirement because it's still possible to use all non-HDT restraints and ignoring mods that do. Cursed Loot has HDT as hard requirement for example:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1216-deviously-cursed-loot-v83-2019-05-07/

, because there are quests that involve chain restraints.

1 hour ago, davidxs said:

Tried installing HDT-PE to see if it would fix the crash but it did not. Any ideas to fix the crash or just wait until an update to fix it.

Hello sir! You didn't told which version of game you use.

1. Skyrim (has no DLC's) - 32bit

2. Skyrim Legendary Edition (has all DLC's) - 32bit

3. Skyrim Special Edition (has all DLC's) - 64bit

If you are using "2." or "1." you should install this Skeleton: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000?tab=files .

This is a set of couple skeletons - not just one only! Also keep in mind that if you have later installed HDT Physics - you need actually to re-run skeleton setup again. Because it has skeleton for HDT (it has 115 bones for female/male). From the setup please choose skeleton which is Physics aware:

Spoiler

image.png.c4ddbac07b0bfe4e3b42b37b444cab81.png

thank you for sharing your work.  its fun and entertaining.  I appreciate you efforts and its really cool to you grow your mod.  thank you for taking the time to contribute to the community.   There are many who appreciate and enjoy your work.  You are the Best!!  

I am running this mod through skyrim special edition with all dlc installed. I installed the xpmsee skeleton and checked that physics extensions were on, then installed HDT-SE, then run everything through FINIS. It did not fix the crash I will just keep an eye out for an updated version that has the fix in it since other people are experiencing it also or if somebody has found out the fix for it.  The mod is really good for the quests I have been able to play.

23 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm thinking of making an update to fix it, but it feels kinda silly to do that for one fix.

If it's doable on the script side without touching the plugin, you can always put it up as a separate download. But I guess a forcegreet package is involved, so it won't be that straightforward.

On 9/12/2019 at 10:41 PM, Tockity said:

Updating from a save with the bugged belt quest that 3.01 fixed. Anything I can do to fix the belt in this save?

Everybody reading this - please keep in mind that this might be explicit solution to free up from the bugged belt ("Locked Away" quest) from previous version! You shall never - i do repeat - never - do any quest like that, or this might brake your game tremendously. This is only one solution that i can think of - also made screenshots how it will play out. Now - after being warned - your console is your only friend now! (read this, and understand this fully)

Spoiler

In the console write, confirm by "Enter":

sqs Laura_SecureBeltQuest

should give result:

Stage 0: 0
Stage 10: 0
Stage 20: 0

Solution is to START quest 'Locked Away' for dialogue on Laura to appear and be able to interact with Laura to remove it. Next command:

startquest Laura_SecureBeltQuest

it will change "Stage 0:" to a value of "1"

this will not appear in journal as a quest given by Laura, even if at some point there will be notification on the screen! This is "silent" solution to free you up from the belt which should work. Please verify by yourself.

Next in the console:

setstage Laura_SecureBeltQuest 10

this will silently advance stage of quest to the point when you can talk to Laura, and the dialogue will appear on Laura: "About this belt."

After that you choose options that you want to be unlocked.

She will put you in the Shop Cell, behind crates. Than she will unlock belt.

But Laura will keep you in the cell for about two hours. Than she will unlock Cell Crates... At this point you should have already be free from belt.

Also after it is done, just to be sure:

stopquest Laura_SecureBeltQuest

Also i would like to apologize to bring this solution up. It is kinda rude one, but very technical in nature.

Screenshot confirming that it works - quest-side, in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

enb 2019_09_13 09_07_26_20.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_07_38_23.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_08_21_42.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_10_05_77.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_10_15_60.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_10_23_53.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_10_46_71.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_14_58_95.jpg

enb 2019_09_13 09_15_04_13.jpg

Because i dont want to wear this belt - and you have a bugged belt - it's up to you to test this out! ?

EDIT: Misty Skye is just my follower. Somehow she jumped into the cell also! ?

On 9/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

NEW VERSION IS UP!

Hey all, I have a new update for you.
This fixes a few annoying bugs and errors.

This may not be a very exciting update, but I still highly suggest that you download and install this.

Warning: If you haven't played the quests introduced in v3, the change log could spoil things.

Reveal hidden contents

Change log for v3.01:

Changed: [Locked Away] I changed and tweaked the dialogue you get when choosing a plug.
It felt too dry and it needed some spice.

Changed: [The Lost Merchant] Hontaf's outfit didn't make sense after the fort went under Imperial or traitorous rebel control.
He now wears blackmsith clothes.
Thanks to @r5e4w3q2 for pointing it out.

Changed: For the special offers, it wasn't clear that she wasn't going to release you after a while because it seemed like a trial.
So I changed dialogue to make it clear that she won't release you.
Thanks to @Raresh for the feedback.

Fixed: [Locked Away] After you chose to keep the belt on, the quest accidentally stopped. That meant that the scene to get the belt removed wouldn't work anymore when you asked to get it removed.
It will now only stop the quest if you choose to have the belt removed.
P.S. I can't blame Skyrim or the CK for this one. This was totally my fault. :P
Thanks to @draconad for reporting it and helping me with troubleshooting.

Fixed: [Blending In] When you sneaked into the room with the ledger and got caught, the scene wouldn't play properly.
Before the scene starts, it'll now make sure that the player isn't sneaking.
Thanks to @Frostgestalt for pointing it out.

Fixed: [Blending In] When you got in the cell before Holden told you to, the scene wouldn't progress.
The cage door will now be closed and locked until he opens it for you.
Thanks to @bruh... for pointing it out.

Fixed: Cleaned 6 ITM records.
@worik pointed out that he found 6 of them, but when I checked myself, I couldn't find any.
That's when I found out that the TES5Edit I used was about 2 years old. So I downloaded the new one and cleaned them.

Ehr... sorry, where is the patch?

On 9/10/2019 at 6:40 PM, cjam076 said:

Loving the mod so far, but I have run into an issue in the Blending In quest. After viewing the ledger and getting the 'follow Holden' bit, he takes me to the front of the cage and runs through the dialogue - then nothing, I have no control of my PC, nothing happens and I'm completely stuck. After about 30 seconds, the compass strip reappears, which suggests I should now have control, but I still can't move

There seems to be nothing I can do in the console such as enableplayercontrols to regain control or force the quest to move forward. I've tried going back to a save from before the quest, and this is a new 'clean' save with few other mods. I've attached a log.

Is there anything I can do to get past this, as I really want to see what else you have in store. If its a known issue, could a small adjustment be made to the mod to remove the scene with Holden or have it activate differently, such as not using the forcegreet and taking control of the player?

Papyrus.0.logFetching info...

I figured it out! It seems the reason the scene wasn't progressing is because I was wearing a gag, but no blindfold, having got Ademar to swap them so I could read the ledger. Presumably ther's a check that's supposed to notice you're not gagged, but as I was Holden just walked away and left me stuck.

After going back to Ademar after reading the ledger and swapping out the gag for the blindfold again, before Holden catches me with the forcegreet, the scene progresses as it should do, with Holden asking what happened to my gag, replacing it, then locking me in the cage.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Uh I have a tiny whiny itsy bitsy little request if you dont mind.

In DD there are two kinds of Ballerina heels (sadly no ebonite versions). You have included the ones who also come with the rubber stuff but there are  also some who force an uptoed Ballerina foot pose.

My PC would really love to buy those for her....humble....uh servants but she cant :(

Yeah, I forgot about those.

I wasn't planning to release the mod at first, so I just filled her inventory with stuff I like, and I don't really like the boots.

But this isn't just for me for a long time now, I'll put it in the todo list. :)

11 hours ago, whatto51 said:

Ehr... sorry, where is the patch?

It's in the download section. The latest is: Laura's Bondage Shop v3.01.7z

14 hours ago, davidxs said:

I am running this mod through skyrim special edition with all dlc installed. I installed the xpmsee skeleton and checked that physics extensions were on, then installed HDT-SE, then run everything through FINIS. It did not fix the crash I will just keep an eye out for an updated version that has the fix in it since other people are experiencing it also or if somebody has found out the fix for it.  The mod is really good for the quests I have been able to play.

I don't think this is an issue with my mod, I think you're having an issue with DD.

If you want to know for sure, try the regular Iron Prison Chains from DD and see if it still crashes. If it does, try asking for help in the DD SSE thread.

7 minutes ago, rithrin said:

For the life of me I cant find Njadi during go to the lake. Ive check all the lake and river to the north and south with no luck. Any extra tips or even a spoiler would be nice.

There should be an objective marker after you read the note in the chest. Have you read the note and did you get the objective?

Spoiler

Fixed: [Blending In] When you sneaked into the room with the ledger and got caught, the scene wouldn't play properly.
Before the scene starts, it'll now make sure that the player isn't sneaking.
Thanks to @Frostgestalt for pointing it out.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the fix isn't working for me, but I get caught even if invisible

Possible spoiler for Blending In quest