Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

I'm getting the dreaded Red ! Box when certain LBS armbinders are placed on my player character. Are there any known issues that cause this to happen? I think I've seen this happen once before, I can't remember if it was from Devious Followers, which I use regularly, or if it was Captured Dreams. I know for a fact that some of the problems have to do with my hard drive. Tech friend found out that I have something wrong with it that doesn't allow data to be read properly or something. Anyway, long story short, I'm getting that error, its annoying at most, as it would be better to see the armbinder than the error marker.

12 minutes ago, griffinpyros said:

I'm getting the dreaded Red ! Box

That's a game/mod install problem. There are no custom armbinders with unique models in LBS. (yet...)

- check the integrity of your DD mod install

- rebuild your DD items in Bodyslide

- reset archive invalidation for the game

- get a new hard drive and do a clean install

In the end, it's either a DD, a whole game, or whole computer related problem.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, carnifex said:

Played through the new quests. Beautiful job! Great writing, interesting quest design, very stable. Looking forward to next update. Thank you for this great contribution! 

:blush:

On 9/19/2019 at 6:34 PM, cryo said:

How to play new quests after "Blending In"?  When i ask Laura if she needs help, she tells me that i'm already helping her. Did i miss something? :classic_undecided:

Make sure you're not currently already doing a quest. Check the journal to make sure.

If you're not currently doing one, that means a quest failed to stop. If that's the case, which quest is the last one you did?

14 hours ago, griffinpyros said:

The shop seems to conflict with Expanded Towns and Cities. The location of the shop overlaps another building in it, but, I switched to JK's Skyrim and that solved my problem.

Mod's like Expanded Towns and Cities are notorious for creation conflicts with other mods. There's not much I can do about mods that almost completely fill that area.

On another note. Since Captured Dreams is sadly gone now, do you think you might pickup where Val left off and bring it back as part of LBS? (your own location and npc's and such?). I would like to see more quests in this, I really liked where the story was going when I came back from failing to capture Jade. I hope you have more story to tell with these characters, it was really fun.

I do want to implement some CDS inspired features, like the delivery quest and those Little Helper/Devil plugs. But I don't want to add another shop because that'll add a ton of work and it will split my focus.

There will be more story quests in the future by the way. 90% of the story is already written down. I know how it goes and how it ends, but the hard part is making the quests itself interesting.

9 hours ago, Schalli1980 said:

I have a question about the quest locked away. Is this a joke? in my mcm setting is the minimum to wear 3 days and the maximum 7 days but i wear this damn belt for 17 days now and that damn bitch won't free me. she only extend the time after i ask to remove the belt AFTER the last time i asked a few ingame days earlier. so what? must i wear this and i must admit good looking but very very frustrating belt forever? i start to hate laura and i realy liked her at first.

PS: don't take my comment to seriously. i'm not really angry but it sounds better this way. i mean hello? i'm locked up and start to get frustratet, especially because i was so dumb and ordered that belt with the pleasurer plugin...

Edit:

She finally released me! phew, after 20 days. the mod creator wrote that all bindings are harmless but i really got scared by this one. good mod!!!

That was a rollercoaster. :P

When she increases the timer because you asked too early, there should be a message in the top-left to clarify it. Did the message not show up?

If I can drop a suggestion (request?), keep the combat solution to a minimum. It doesn't fit too well with bondage. Dialogues, finding the right stuff, trial and error (with consequences) and... well, forced bondage of course... all while teased or overstimulated by plugs, it's a better option. My subby personal opinion of course. ?

So after a random quest to get bondage gear, I looted the chest to get equipped with the items and went back to the shop.

I can no longer interact with Laura, every time I try to talk to her she just says "We've got this." and I get no dialogue options, pretty much making me stuck.

Blending In was the last one. From last dialogue it feels like next quest should be available immediately or even started right away, but nothing happens. Could it be because of previous quests? (I think i skipped "what she deserves" since i wanted to look at new quests)

6 hours ago, leddis3 said:

So after a random quest to get bondage gear, I looted the chest to get equipped with the items and went back to the shop.

I can no longer interact with Laura, every time I try to talk to her she just says "We've got this." and I get no dialogue options, pretty much making me stuck.

Laura had essential flag - as i remeber right. So you can "kill" her by console ~ (not by the sword), next "resurrect" her also by console. It should unstuck her AI.

Normaly - i don't recommend it.

20 hours ago, whatto51 said:

If I can drop a suggestion (request?), keep the combat solution to a minimum. It doesn't fit too well with bondage. Dialogues, finding the right stuff, trial and error (with consequences) and... well, forced bondage of course... all while teased or overstimulated by plugs, it's a better option. My subby personal opinion of course. ?

I know what you mean. Combat makes sense when you're rescuing people from bandits, but it doesn't fit well iwht bondage.

The next few quests I'm planning don't have combat in it right now.

6 hours ago, leddis3 said:

The "We've got this." line will only play when you're already in the scene that should've started there.

Try loading a save from before you got back to the shop and try again. If it still doesn't work, post the papyrus log and I'll take a look at it.

5 hours ago, cryo said:

Blending In was the last one. From last dialogue it feels like next quest should be available immediately or even started right away, but nothing happens. Could it be because of previous quests? (I think i skipped "what she deserves" since i wanted to look at new quests)

Blending In isn't the last one and the next quest can be started as soon as Blending In is completed.

There is no skip function, so what you did to skip it probably messed something up. How did you do it?

Mod's like Expanded Towns and Cities are notorious for creation conflicts with other mods. There's not much I can do about mods that almost completely fill that area.

Nope, I totally understand. JK's Skyrim seems to be a little better in that regard. Doesn't fill the Whiterun outskirts like that other mod. I'm been trying to strip back everything I can to see if I can make my game more stable, but it looks like I just need to replace that hard drive before I'll know for sure it isn't the hardware that's at fault. the Leather Armbinder keeps giving me the Red ! and I can't seem to fix it the way I was suggested to above.

Also, unrelated to my above post. Really enjoying your mod so far. I hope we get a lot more story out of it in the future. Interested where the deal with Sloane is going to go. If they'll be able to find the perfect girl, if you can actually fail finding the perfect girl and Laura gets sent to Sloane or if the player will sacrifice herself to help Laura so she doesn't have to go to Sloane. Either way, very happy with the direction and story so far.

5 minutes ago, griffinpyros said:

Nope, I totally understand. JK's Skyrim seems to be a little better in that regard. Doesn't fill the Whiterun outskirts like that other mod. I'm been trying to strip back everything I can to see if I can make my game more stable, but it looks like I just need to replace that hard drive before I'll know for sure it isn't the hardware that's at fault. the Leather Armbinder keeps giving me the Red ! and I can't seem to fix it the way I was suggested to above.

That sucks.

Have you checked the hard drive for errors? You can go to 'This PC' > right click the hard drive and click 'Properties' > Go to 'Tools' > and then choose 'Check'.

I also heard that a lot of manufacturers have programs you can use to check the hardrive for errors.

Just heard of this mod, downloaded it and finished the "main" questline in a day.

Wow. This is really fantastic. The instances of taking control away from the player (the trapped chest, Jade and the potion, etc) were INCREDIBLY kinky imo and I'd LOVE to see more of that. ESPECIALLY being forced into a cage while completely encased in latex. Does any other mod do that? I need more. The writing here is so good!

20 minutes ago, JohnSmith6969 said:

I am new to this whole modding but i installed the mod and it works fine but i cant undress with the mod active the game will crash immediately . Maybe i'm doing something wrong but if anybody knows what the problem is please tell me.

Fast beginner guide:

1. Most people here probably use: Skyrim Mod Organizer 2.0 or Skyrim Mod Organizer Classic 1.4

2. Everybody here use SexLab 1.62

3. Everybody use Skyrim Script Extender - SKSE

4. Everybody here use BodySlide and Outfit Studio

5. Everybody have run FNIS - Fores New Idles in Skyrim (that means not to only install it but run FNISforusers.exe - to make animations - that's probably you didn't do - so it Closes To Desktop, CTD's...)

6. People use XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE or if on Skyrim Special Edition they use XPMSSE

7. People use UNP or CBBE body types - both comes from point 4.

8. Most of them also the HDT Physics - which is a plugin to SKSE

9. People use Armor Packs Replacers or Standalone versions

10. Many, many, many of people use:

a) DDi - Devious Devices Integration

b) DDx - Devious Devices Expansion

c) DDa - Devious Devices Assets

Please write which of points above you dont have, or you didn't do already. Or write which you have and which have not.

11 minutes ago, piotsze said:

Fast beginner guide:

1. Most people here probably use: Skyrim Mod Organizer 2.0 or Skyrim Mod Organizer Classic 1.4

2. Everybody here use SexLab 1.62

3. Everybody use Skyrim Script Extender - SKSE

4. Everybody here use BodySlide and Outfit Studio

5. Everybody have run FNIS - Fores New Idles in Skyrim (that means not to only install it but run FNISforusers.exe - to make animations - that's probably you didn't do - so it Closes To Desktop, CTD's...)

6. People use XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE or if on Skyrim Special Edition they use XPMSSE

7. People use UNP or CBBE body types - both comes from point 4.

8. Most of them also the HDT Physics - which is a plugin to SKSE

9. People use Armor Packs Replacers or Standalone versions

10. Many, many, many of people use:

a) DDi - Devious Devices Integration

b) DDx - Devious Devices Expansion

c) DDa - Devious Devices Assets

Please write which of points above you dont have, or you didn't do already. Or write which you have and which have not.

Thank you so much! i didn't had maximum skeleton installed

2 hours ago, planwalker said:

I installed the shop and the building is there. However, the door is missing and I cannot get in! Any idea what happened pls?

? Strange. Did you install the package manually or with a mod manager? Did you have a previously installed LBS and updated it?

Furthermore: which version? the current one?

20 minutes ago, worik said:

? Strange. Did you install the package manually or with a mod manager? Did you have a previously installed LBS and updated it?

Furthermore: which version? the current one?

Ya, I use mod manager. I installed V3.0.0 and it doesn't work(same problem). Then I uninstalled it and installed V3.0.1, still same problem.

2 hours ago, planwalker said:

I installed the shop and the building is there. However, the door is missing and I cannot get in! Any idea what happened pls?

I see that a lot if you have a conflicting mod in LO.

For example if a mod changes objects close by.

If you have a mod that modifies the outskirts of whiterun, then move Laura's shop below it in LO.

I saw the same issue for example with legume's ZAZ furniture placements and ETaC => the zaz furniture displaced all doors of ETaC's (original, not beta version) falkreath.

Have you checked the hard drive for errors? You can go to 'This PC' > right click the hard drive and click 'Properties' > Go to 'Tools' > and then choose 'Check'.

I also heard that a lot of manufacturers have programs you can use to check the hardrive for errors.

Thankyou very much for your concern, it's nice to know people want to help. A friend of ours came down yesterday, knowing the problem I was having with that drive and gave my wife and I our anniversary present early. I was going to ask him what kind of drive would be best suited to replace the one I have now, until I opened the gift. He had gotten us two new 2TB drives. So by the end of today, I'm hoping this problem will have solved itself. I'll have to uninstall all my mods, though, and do a clean install, just to be sure, but I really hope this fixes the problem.

On another note. I played a little this morning, finding new toys for Laura to sell. As I walked in I noticed the shrine of Mara and thought to myself, "Shouldn't that be a shine of Dibella?". I'm not sure what your thoughts on that are, and I'm sure you had a good reason for choosing that specifically. I was just curious.

5 minutes ago, griffinpyros said:

"Shouldn't that be a shine of Dibella?". I'm not sure what your thoughts on that are, and I'm sure you had a good reason for choosing that specifically. I was just curious.

Why doesn't Mara work? She is the divine of love. Love as in companionship, intimacy, mutual trust. All of those are essential when doing bondage.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:26 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I do want to implement some CDS inspired features, like the delivery quest and those Little Helper/Devil plugs. But I don't want to add another shop because that'll add a ton of work and it will split my focus.

There will be more story quests in the future by the way. 90% of the story is already written down. I know how it goes and how it ends, but the hard part is making the quests itself interesting.

After playing through this, I can definitely say that character building between Laura, Katarina and the player is what made it the most interesting for me. It's something the core game is sadly barren of. Which is why I don't play without certain mods like Amorous Adventurers and the like. Just anything to get more story and character development in the game. There is way to much "go here, kill thing, come back" and you never have to talk to the character ever again, and they have no impact on your character after that.

I desperately wanted to make a mod for the game that tied all the quests together and put more story interaction between the player and the world. having a home, that was very large, something like Stonewall Manor or Castle Gonduin, but had the mechanics of Underground Bath House, where you tell your followers they can go live there, and they replace an existing npc in the Bath House. Only, they actually interact with the player, and between quests when you're at home, the Housecarls will be doing things, pointing you where to go next, could be any characters really, and other characters will visit your home when you're there with important information. I don't know. It might just be me, but Skyrim, maybe the Eldscrolls games in general, have a bad habit of making all the characters throw away content. (I used to play a lot of Suikoden 1 and 2, where the characters you meet end up living in your castle and have some general impact to the progression of the game, right to the end.) And. End rant :D

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I see that a lot if you have a conflicting mod in LO.

For example if a mod changes objects close by.

If you have a mod that modifies the outskirts of whiterun, then move Laura's shop below it in LO.

I saw the same issue for example with legume's ZAZ furniture placements and ETaC => the zaz furniture displaced all doors of ETaC's (original, not beta version) falkreath.

But I didn't install those mods, that's quite weird

43 minutes ago, planwalker said:

But I didn't install those mods, that's quite weird

well, you have other mods in your LO or not?

Everything that changes the area around whiterun, light mods that change the placement of  light sources, road overhauls, door texture/mesh replacers, quest mods that add something later in that area.

Everything that has a potential to change door/entry/area conflicts.

Maybe if you post your LO it wouldn't be such a pocking in the dark and maybe someone can see a conflict in there.

Worst case the mods wasn't installed right or requirements missing or no/old USLEEP?