Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

3 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

Definitely something clashing in my install when using 3.01 SSE. Moved it to the bottom of the load order and started a new game. Went straight to the shop and it crashed when entering the shop. Anyone got a list of troubleshooting steps I could try?

Ok dude (or duderine). It took me some effort to make this guide for Akali for you. Here you have it:

Spoiler

help1.jpg.7a8c9d4b7a6a10cf63a49499acf6519d.jpghelp2.jpg.8b537b02396bd2a0dd46803044bf840f.jpghelp3.jpg.00de3f1cabbbefdc876752abd40b09ec.jpghelp4.jpg.115e6c748ccb0e8dee6908d2e68d55ab.jpghelp5.jpg.d58d3b24cc4f20af5ec81d902183620e.jpghelp6.jpg.e752eec6881867add8b1e27825c6d53d.jpg

I don't know about SSE port much. But for sure Laura has included requirements for her mod for Oldrim.

EDIT: This procedure should also work with any other mods. So you can troubleshoot more mods with those steps. ? 

I don't know if it's because I'm using version 3.00 (I use SSE and 3.01 CTD's after entering the shop), but at the end of the quest "The Broken Warrior," when I take the girl back to Laura, she just says  "So you found her" or something and doesn't do anything else. The girl can't be interacted with, either.

59 minutes ago, LadyMikoto said:

she just says  "So you found her" or something and doesn't do anything else. The girl can't be interacted with, either.

Did you have the scene where Dynane's sister approaches you with a reward when you first get to her and she is finished talking to Dynane? Players leaving before this scene used to be a problem, and the quest did not progress until that scene was completed.

28 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Did you have the scene where Dynane's sister approaches you with a reward when you first get to her and she is finished talking to Dynane? Players leaving before this scene used to be a problem, and the quest did not progress until that scene was completed.

Thanks, it worked. I didn't know Liza had to force greet the player to offer a reward (which I refused).

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

I just played your mod last update and I must say; I loved. My favorite quest so far was "Blending In", I love these kind of 'puzzle' bondage games. Honorable mention to the funny 27 slave. She is a nice counterbalance to otherwise too heavy subjects like slavery, and I'm looking forward to see more characters like her in the future. Also loved Sirrina's yoke.. there is this joy in Skyrim to collect unique itens, and being restraints just make it even better ?. Thanks for your hard work.

If you like some suggestions, I would say maybe a few more kinky alternative endings, like being able to choose other rewards instead of just gold. For example being able to choose to buy that straitjacket from the slavers and so on. For some reason I always imagined Laura as one of those pushy saleswomen who don't get a rest until you buy some of her goods, and this could lead to some funny interactions. ?

Anyway thanks again for this great mod.

@everyone~

Just a small curiosity; what are those messages on the top of the screen about: "your wrist restraints doesn't hurt so much anymore", "you're getting used to be tied up", etc. Is this a new DD thing that I'm not aware? Does this has any effect or is it just 'cosmetic'?

Loving the mod so far, but I have run into an issue in the Blending In quest. After viewing the ledger and getting the 'follow Holden' bit, he takes me to the front of the cage and runs through the dialogue - then nothing, I have no control of my PC, nothing happens and I'm completely stuck. After about 30 seconds, the compass strip reappears, which suggests I should now have control, but I still can't move

There seems to be nothing I can do in the console such as enableplayercontrols to regain control or force the quest to move forward. I've tried going back to a save from before the quest, and this is a new 'clean' save with few other mods. I've attached a log.

Is there anything I can do to get past this, as I really want to see what else you have in store. If its a known issue, could a small adjustment be made to the mod to remove the scene with Holden or have it activate differently, such as not using the forcegreet and taking control of the player?

Papyrus.0.log

1 hour ago, zenetx said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

I just played your mod last update and I must say; I loved. My favorite quest so far was "Blending In", I love these kind of 'puzzle' bondage games. Honorable mention to the funny 27 slave. She is a nice counterbalance to otherwise too heavy subjects like slavery, and I'm looking forward to see more characters like her in the future. Also loved Sirrina's yoke.. there is this joy in Skyrim to collect unique itens, and being restraints just make it even better ?. Thanks for your hard work.

If you like some suggestions, I would say maybe a few more kinky alternative endings, like being able to choose other rewards instead of just gold. For example being able to choose to buy that straitjacket from the slavers and so on. For some reason I always imagined Laura as one of those pushy saleswomen who don't get a rest until you buy some of her goods, and this could lead to some funny interactions. ?

Anyway thanks again for this great mod.

Thank you so much. :blush:

Having restraints as a reward is a good one. That's also kinda what the yoke is.

@everyone~

Just a small curiosity; what are those messages on the top of the screen about: "your wrist restraints doesn't hurt so much anymore", "you're getting used to be tied up", etc. Is this a new DD thing that I'm not aware? Does this has any effect or is it just 'cosmetic'?

They're from the new DD combat system. It has something to do with making bound combat stronger.

1 hour ago, cjam076 said:

Loving the mod so far, but I have run into an issue in the Blending In quest. After viewing the ledger and getting the 'follow Holden' bit, he takes me to the front of the cage and runs through the dialogue - then nothing, I have no control of my PC, nothing happens and I'm completely stuck. After about 30 seconds, the compass strip reappears, which suggests I should now have control, but I still can't move

There seems to be nothing I can do in the console such as enableplayercontrols to regain control or force the quest to move forward. I've tried going back to a save from before the quest, and this is a new 'clean' save with few other mods. I've attached a log.

Is there anything I can do to get past this, as I really want to see what else you have in store. If its a known issue, could a small adjustment be made to the mod to remove the scene with Holden or have it activate differently, such as not using the forcegreet and taking control of the player?

Papyrus.0.log 334.38 kB · 4 downloads

I don't have much time now, but I'll take a look when I have time.

45 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

@tznvlw's new SSE version that fixes the CTD is now available.

The old one has been removed and I replaced it with the fixed version.

Fixed, indeed. No CTD anymore! :)

It was a nice change to the special offer, now I know Laura won't release me.

A question: After "Locked Away," Laura leaves me locked in her cell for 1 game hour or so. Does that time depend on how long the belt was locked on me, or is it the same (1 hour at all times)? (I did 1 day in the belt just for a test). Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, cjam076 said:

Papyrus.0.log 334.38 kB · 5 downloads

You can also try to "kill" and "resurrect" Holden, by the console.

You can also try in console:

player.resurrect

WARNING: This will remove all active magic effects on your character (also standing stones and other magic effects). Literally all. But should reset your character. Potentially free up your character Maira from idly standing in non progressing animation. Or try both solutions.

19 minutes ago, LadyMikoto said:

Fixed, indeed. No CTD anymore! :)

It was a nice change to the special offer, now I know Laura won't release me.

A question: After "Locked Away," Laura leaves me locked in her cell for 1 game hour or so. Does that time depend on how long the belt was locked on me, or is it the same (1 hour at all times)? (I did 1 day in the belt just for a test). Thanks in advance.

The timer is always 70 seconds. Making it scale with the time worn could make it too long.

13 minutes ago, Maddac said:

any chance of adding the DDX4.3 rope bondage additions to the shop menu?

They should already be there. Unless you're using SSE because the SSE version of DD doesn't have them yet.

5 hours ago, piotsze said:

Ok dude (or duderine). It took me some effort to make this guide for Akali for you. Here you have it:

Reveal hidden contents

help1.jpg.7a8c9d4b7a6a10cf63a49499acf6519d.jpghelp2.jpg.8b537b02396bd2a0dd46803044bf840f.jpghelp3.jpg.00de3f1cabbbefdc876752abd40b09ec.jpghelp4.jpg.115e6c748ccb0e8dee6908d2e68d55ab.jpghelp5.jpg.d58d3b24cc4f20af5ec81d902183620e.jpghelp6.jpg.e752eec6881867add8b1e27825c6d53d.jpg

I don't know about SSE port much. But for sure Laura has included requirements for her mod for Oldrim.

EDIT: This procedure should also work with any other mods. So you can troubleshoot more mods with those steps. ? 

That was very kind of you, but the problem was not with finding Akali - but with a CTD every time I entered the shop. The commands to move a player to me (or me to them) are familiar to me and I'm going to try them (now I know the ref id) if it happens again..

8 minutes ago, Saeros said:

I tried this mod (Skyrim SE version), but I have this problem:

Reveal hidden contents

20190910222850_1.jpg.67fa74261ff846743c7b0d2723c739f4.jpg

Laura seems to have "no body" ?

I installed Devious Devices All in One for Special Edidion by Pfiffy and i builded all Devious Devices (DDA, DDX, Heretical, etc) with BodySlide. 

I should also have all the required mods (and MO2 not showing any conflict).

Where am I doing wrong? ? 

Can only guess, but have you set Bodyslide to output into specific mod? Is that mod before DD in install order priority? Do you have a good enough skeleton active, at least XPMSE and run FNIS?

What i do with output from bodyslide and fnis is a mod called something like Overwrite_UNP_Profile that is last in the install order. Always moving it last again if i add more mods too. Then the main Overwrite folder will always stay empty.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Can only guess, but have you set Bodyslide to output into specific mod? Is that mod before DD in install order priority? Do you have a good enough skeleton active, at least XPMSE and run FNIS?

What i do with output from bodyslide and fnis is a mod called something like Overwrite_UNP_Profile that is last in the install order. Always moving it last again if i add more mods too. Then the main Overwrite folder will always stay empty.

yes, no problem with other mods...

I have also tried the DD all in one CBBE prebuild meshes (those contained by default in the DDA/DDX mod itself) with the same issue.

now I check with ssedit which .nif is using Laura NPC to verify in my actual configuration (by adding the same DD object in game) if it's a SE conversion problem.

EDIT: ok, i found the problem...I had forgotten to make the catsuit meshes in bodyslide?...

but in SE version of DD all in one there is another problem: no textures in the folder "textures\devious\cursedloot\mxw_catsuit\..."

Spoiler

20190910232850_1.jpg.4441aee6e9993913a7edfdf0ba27aaca.jpg

someone has forgotten them?

EDIT2: I correct my previous statement.. the textures are present, but in the bodylide conversion builded catsuit, the meshes generated pointing to the wrong path.. correcting the path, everything is working properly

Spoiler

image.png.f7f7728229e3fb5c2237b59b43290e2d.png20190910235759_1.jpg.1aaff4cbdf5575845875458cdf324ffe.jpg

First off I want to say... This a very awesome mod. Thank you for this!

I do have a question though. After saving Dynane, and she accompanies me back to the shop. Laura just keeps saying "You found her" over and over.. nothing else happens. Dynane shows "this person is busy message", and trying to talk to Laura just repeats the you found her message. 

If I talk to the other girl.. for some reason out of game her name eludes me. I get the who are you Question as a selection as if its the first time I met her.  Did I break the mod somehow? lol  I tried to use commands to advance thew quest after saving,, but it just finished the quest, and Dynane continued to follow me around.. 

This has actually been the only glitch I have found in the mod, as it is a well thought out, and fun quest to play. Thanks again!!

Just to say thanks for the fix to the CTD in the SSE version: it's all working now.

(btw - I had the purple catsuit issue with missing textures, but I kind of liked it :) I re-ran bodyslide and it sorted it for me, so I'm not quite sure where the missing / wrong path part was in my set up)

7 hours ago, Terrafide said:

First off I want to say... This a very awesome mod. Thank you for this!

I do have a question though. After saving Dynane, and she accompanies me back to the shop. Laura just keeps saying "You found her" over and over.. nothing else happens. Dynane shows "this person is busy message", and trying to talk to Laura just repeats the you found her message. 

If I talk to the other girl.. for some reason out of game her name eludes me. I get the who are you Question as a selection as if its the first time I met her.  Did I break the mod somehow? lol  I tried to use commands to advance thew quest after saving,, but it just finished the quest, and Dynane continued to follow me around.. 

This has actually been the only glitch I have found in the mod, as it is a well thought out, and fun quest to play. Thanks again!!

It's actually not a glitch, I had the same 'issue', but it's already solved. Before you leave Temple of Mara (Liza's room), Liza will offer you a reward for saving Dynane. Whether you accept or refuse the reward is quite irrelevant, but she has to force greet you. It's actually just a measly amount of gold, which if you refuse she'll insist and you can accept or refuse again. :)

5 hours ago, LadyMikoto said:

It's actually not a glitch, I had the same 'issue', but it's already solved. Before you leave Temple of Mara (Liza's room), Liza will offer you a reward for saving Dynane. Whether you accept or refuse the reward is quite irrelevant, but she has to force greet you. It's actually just a measly amount of gold, which if you refuse she'll insist and you can accept or refuse again. :)

Oh nice, Thanks!!!  I appreciate the help. I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. lol 

20 hours ago, Jsven said:

Couldn't help but laugh seeing the For Honor reference names on blending in quest.

That's the last thing I'd expect playing a mod like this. Lol

A fellow For Honor player. :D

I didn't think anyone would recognise the names.

12 hours ago, Terrafide said:

Oh nice, Thanks!!!  I appreciate the help. I was going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. lol 

I'm thinking of making an update to fix it, but it feels kinda silly to do that for one fix.