Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

If you're sure that it was DEC, let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

It's not in their nature to lock you back in it without asking you. But I did notice that a lot of people would like to see something like that, so I'm think of adding some kind dom/sub roleplay. That way, it'll be consensual.

Looks tough to balance but is nice when you get that naughty bdsm feel while still keeping that cozy warm feeling(yeah, I'm not a writer for a reason). You don't want turn it into a slavery mod but there's little point in bondage if your character has too much control. Maybe something more along lines where Laura confronts your character about her perversion especially if she was using submissive dialogue(refuse payment, say she enjoyed, etc). You know, role play the dom a bit more to give your character a push. At this point you should offer dialogue option in roughly the below format

A. acceptance

B. hard clear no

C. weak no (stammering, *blushes*, maybe even just some loss of words '...')

D. (just something optional I just though of) Acceptance but not right now for any reason. Might come in hand for mod compatibility if the player wants try something else. I guess you could add lines like her holding off payment until your ready to continue or something.

Honestly you can get away with a lot outside of this event by adding a hard no and weak no system. You could also have the body guard have a line to avoid in character confusion like "you know she will let you go if you make it absolutely clear, right?" "*blush*...*looks down*" "Yeah, I figured. Welp, have fun I guess"

Edit:Looking back at this, I guess I'm not adding anything new to the conversation other than advising a weak no and an absolute no.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

If you're sure that it was DEC, let me know.

Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

It's not in their nature to lock you back in it without asking you. But I did notice that a lot of people would like to see something like that, so I'm think of adding some kind dom/sub roleplay. That way, it'll be consensual.

There was someone else with the same problem and we found that he had an issue with DD itself. Locking the chains on the player can cause unstable games to crash because it strips the player which could reveal a body with physics, then equip the chains which also have physics and then it also plays the animation.

It's always good to be sure though. Can you equip the prison chains from DD itself? That way we can find out if it's an issue with DD or my mod. They're called: Iron Prisoner Chains.

I don't know how to test DD itslef, but I think it's the same CTD I have when arrested by DCL and taken to its custom prison. Only test I made was to additem through console and try to wear it, and I CTD. I tried to run bodyslide again but didn't help

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It all looks fine this time.

This means that it starts like it should. So it must have lost the aliases after it started.

Alright, here come even more instructions. :P

Put the min and max days to 1, start the quest, check if the quest is still running, wait for 24 in-game hours, then check again if the quest is still running and then try to get the belt removed.

If it doesn't work, send me the log.

If it does work, celebrate. ?

This helps me a lot by the way. I'm still pretty sure that it's caused by your game's instablity, but if there's anything I can change to make it work for those games, I want to know.

Just to clarify as I think you may have the wrong end of the stick. When I initiate the quest, everything works. I wait the amount of time required and when I request to have it removed she tells me to get in the cell, and then asks if Im sure I really want it removed. If I say yes, she removes it as intended and then lets me out after a little while. The issues comes when I say "actually I wanna keep it on" when I am in the cell after asking to have it removed. She says something along the lines of "I'm glad, Ill let you stay in there a while, etc" and then releases me a few hours later with the belt still on me as requested. This is where the issues occurs. After being released from the Cell I wait the required time and ask again to have it removed and this is when she says something along the lines of "Ok, follow me" before proceeding to do absoloutely nothing. So to summarise, the quests works if I actually let her remove it on the first time of asking, Its when I say "actually I dont want you to remove it" whilst in the cell, that all the problems occur. Sorry if thats confusing, English is my first language I'm just shit at it xD

Edit: I dont suppose you have a discord channel or something do you? I cant check here regularly while I'm working and it seems we keep missing each other presumably due to timezone differences. No Worries if not, this will just have to take a while xD

9 hours ago, LimitBreak said:

Looks tough to balance but is nice when you get that naughty bdsm feel while still keeping that cozy warm feeling(yeah, I'm not a writer for a reason). You don't want turn it into a slavery mod but there's little point in bondage if your character has too much control. Maybe something more along lines where Laura confronts your character about her perversion especially if she was using submissive dialogue(refuse payment, say she enjoyed, etc). You know, role play the dom a bit more to give your character a push. At this point you should offer dialogue option in roughly the below format

A. acceptance

B. hard clear no

C. weak no (stammering, *blushes*, maybe even just some loss of words '...')

D. (just something optional I just though of) Acceptance but not right now for any reason. Might come in hand for mod compatibility if the player wants try something else. I guess you could add lines like her holding off payment until your ready to continue or something.

Honestly you can get away with a lot outside of this event by adding a hard no and weak no system. You could also have the body guard have a line to avoid in character confusion like "you know she will let you go if you make it absolutely clear, right?" "*blush*...*looks down*" "Yeah, I figured. Welp, have fun I guess"

Edit:Looking back at this, I guess I'm not adding anything new to the conversation other than advising a weak no and an absolute no.

More options other than yes/no could be nice. I still want to expand Locked Away or want to add something similair in the future.

9 hours ago, whatto51 said:

I don't know how to test DD itslef, but I think it's the same CTD I have when arrested by DCL and taken to its custom prison. Only test I made was to additem through console and try to wear it, and I CTD. I tried to run bodyslide again but didn't help

That's what I meant. You got the same issue after using additem and with the one from DCL, so the issue is with your DD install.

I suggest that you ask for help in DD's thread.

9 hours ago, draconad said:

Just to clarify as I think you may have the wrong end of the stick. When I initiate the quest, everything works. I wait the amount of time required and when I request to have it removed she tells me to get in the cell, and then asks if Im sure I really want it removed. If I say yes, she removes it as intended and then lets me out after a little while. The issues comes when I say "actually I wanna keep it on" when I am in the cell after asking to have it removed. She says something along the lines of "I'm glad, Ill let you stay in there a while, etc" and then releases me a few hours later with the belt still on me as requested. This is where the issues occurs. After being released from the Cell I wait the required time and ask again to have it removed and this is when she says something along the lines of "Ok, follow me" before proceeding to do absoloutely nothing. So to summarise, the quests works if I actually let her remove it on the first time of asking, Its when I say "actually I dont want you to remove it" whilst in the cell, that all the problems occur. Sorry if thats confusing, English is my first language I'm just shit at it xD

Edit: I dont suppose you have a discord channel or something do you? I cant check here regularly while I'm working and it seems we keep missing each other presumably due to timezone differences. No Worries if not, this will just have to take a while xD

Okay, I did some tests myself and I got the same issue. I took a look at the code and I think I found the issue.

After she opens the cage door for you in the end, the quest stops even if you choose to keep the belt on.

I've got a fixed version for you, please install it and let me know if it works:

Laura's Bondage Shop v3.00 Locked Away fix.7z

Thank you for sharing your logs and helping with troubleshooting. I wouldn't have found this without your help.  :)

First of all thanks for all the hard work i really love this mod *^* im just done with the first quest ( What She Deserves ) after i was released and came back for the next quest she said she wants me to act as a slave and i was like okay cool but the game crashes after kat strips me i have updated all the files and tried multiple times :( dont know where i am messing up ;-; can anyone help me out

47 minutes ago, dantevale said:

the game crashes after kat strips me i have updated all the files and tried multiple times :( dont know where i am messing up ;-; can anyone help me out

That sounds suspiciously like the issue @whatto51 was having. Either a DD or hdt physics related issue. Check the posts further up this page and the end of the last page.

9 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

More options other than yes/no could be nice. I still want to expand Locked Away or want to add something similair in the future.

That's what I meant. You got the same issue after using additem and with the one from DCL, so the issue is with your DD install.

I suggest that you ask for help in DD's thread.

Okay, I did some tests myself and I got the same issue. I took a look at the code and I think I found the issue.

After she opens the cage door for you in the end, the quest stops even if you choose to keep the belt on.

I've got a fixed version for you, please install it and let me know if it works:

Laura's Bondage Shop v3.00 Locked Away fix.7z 5.5 MB · 10 downloads

Thank you for sharing your logs and helping with troubleshooting. I wouldn't have found this without your help.  :)

You're a star, works perfectly now. Sorry to have caused a problem xD Damn me and my insatiable need to know if there are more dialouge options. No worries at all with regards to sharing logs and helping troubleshoot. If you ever need more Beta testers I would be more than willing to help out. If there is one thing myself and my skyrim install are good at its finding things that dont work right. 

18 hours ago, dantevale said:

ive tried the fix above and stuff but it still crashes at youll need to wear these part right after they strip my girl naked ;-;

The download was for a different thing.

If you get the crash with the chains from my mod and from the chains from DD itself, there's something wrong with your install. Try asking for help in DD's thread.

14 hours ago, draconad said:

You're a star, works perfectly now. Sorry to have caused a problem xD

You didn't cause a problem, you helped solve one. :D

14 hours ago, draconad said:

Damn me and my insatiable need to know if there are more dialouge options. No worries at all with regards to sharing logs and helping troubleshoot. If you ever need more Beta testers I would be more than willing to help out. If there is one thing myself and my skyrim install are good at its finding things that dont work right. 

I'll let you know when I need help. :)

4 hours ago, worik said:

Is the patch from up there ^ qualified as the new "offical version" ? :classic_huh: 3.0.1?

Not really. I do want to release a small update to fix things like this. I want to make sure that it all works before I move on to the next update.

But if you're having issues with the scene from Locked Away, I suggest that you install the hotfix I posted.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, dantevale said:

ive tried the fix above and stuff but it still crashes at youll need to wear these part right after they strip my girl naked ;-;

it was a problem with HDT after all i have reinstalled it and that solved the problem :3 im enjoying the story so far keep up the good work 

56 minutes ago, slayedigneel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey, when it asks me to Investigate Raldbthar, nothing happens when i arrive. I've cleared the place but can't seem to find anything.

Spoiler

Don't go deep inside. once you enter. check after the fire trap to the left there will be beds and tables and 2-3 bandits...check in that area.