Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

55 minutes ago, Pygmalion696 said:

If I'm not mistaken, one of the 'Jon/Olfina' secret-meeting scenes is scripted to take place on a stump in that area.  If the shop's location doesn't interfere with the idle-markers used for it, it most-certainly DOES put their relationship in a whole new light.... lol...

I have  both Immersive Citizens and Cutting Room floor. As far as I  can tell Laura's mod doesn't interfere with those mods. The tree stump where Olfina and Jon meet is in the Pelagius farm if I am not mistaken. And Laura's shop is a bit away. Nicely located between the Whiterun Stable and the Watchtower. 

14 hours ago, Bonding1005 said:

Thank you Laura for a stunning update, I had a blast trying out the new quests. I especially liked the interactions between the different NPC´s, going from interesting to funny to sexy. Really really really good work!

One remark to the "blending in" quest, in spoilers just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

If you talk to the nice guy to change your bondage items before talking to 27, she´ll have no dialogue options like all the others. That got me stuck for good. Maybe some response like "Sorry, I can´t understand what your mumbling about."?

Thank you. :blush:

I'll take a look at the dialogue.

12 hours ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

Hey @Laura 'Lokomootje' could you please add the option of undergoing Locked Away as a married couple? It would be awesome if your spouse had comments about the whole chastity ordeal  (one person locked or both).

Could you also please add a dialogue to trigger a consensual sex scene between the PC and her spouse? (accounting for current chastity/bondage gear status)

I remember CDS having something like this.

Giving another npc custom dialogue could give technical issues. Adding another quest that locks a belt on you would also limit possiblilties for future quests.

But I'll think about it.

12 hours ago, Fenroo said:

Some of us have more refined tastes ?

:P

11 hours ago, draconad said:

Long time lurker here, from back when we were still waiting for there to be a basic sex mod...

I just wanted to say, Amazing work. Having seen the rise and fall of so many promising projects here (Looking at you Dasha), its awesome to finally see a new one thats being followed through.

I didnt come with just priase however as I am having a slight bug which I would appreciate some help with. I went through the "I want to earn some gold" option and went along the lines of I like it and dont want the belt removed. Laura then released me from the cell after a few hours. Up to this point everything is going smoothly however I now wait 10 days and return to ask for it to be removed and am greeted by the message "Okay, you've worn it long enough. Come with me" but then she proceeds to do nothing and go no where. So at the moment I'm a little stuck. I cant remove the belt with the removeitem command and there seems to be no cheat key or debug menu to use in a situation such as this. to make things worse my last save was waaay too long ago. 

Thanks again and as I said, fantastic work.

Edit: I forgot to add, when the cell door is closed, after her saying "come with me" it opens but the scene still doesnt trigger properly. If it was already open however nothing happens.

Thank you. :)

There's a scene that's supposed to start there and something must be messing that up.

I would've told you to go back to a previous save, but that's not really an option. :/

Console commands could leave the quest and other things in a broken state, so I don't think that's a solution.

I don't know how to help you, sorry. :(

By the way, I also learned the hard way that I should frequently save. ?

8 hours ago, nufndash said:

lol Thank you! I was also stuck.  Darker dungeons are great until you have to find something.

I also use Darker Dungeons and a dark ENB, but it's not very fair because I placed the key myself. :P

I did add a light right next to the key, so it should always be visible. Do you think it's still too dark?

3 hours ago, Pygmalion696 said:

Problems I can already see with locating *anything* around the Whiterun gates/farm-row would be probable conflicts with "Immersive Citizens" pathing or "Cutting Room Floor".
What I'd actually suggest... for "immersion"... is placing the shop near Solitude (where there's always a bigger customer-base), either on/near the docks or on the northern edge of Dragon Bridge.

I did have to move the shop a few times when it came out, but it seems like I found a sweet spot.

1 hour ago, steelmagpie said:

In the very early stages of Laura making this mod she did have a long debate and discussion with us here so as to adjust the shop position into a clear space hopefully not conflicting with any of the usual mods. I know cutting room floor doesn't effect it's location but not sure of the other. As for being near Whiterun it is a central hub for most early game play  and being close to the center of Skyrim most places are easily accesable.  The shop has been where it is so long now I doublt it will be moved but who knows maybe one day Laura (in game) may decide to branch out and open another shop near Solitude.  Laura the mod maker may love this idea but it may be a way off as with all good mods every good update take a lot of effort and a little waiting. 

I do like the idea of a Solitude branch though.. 

I thought about adding another shop somewhere, but I don't want to split my focus too much.

26 minutes ago, merManc said:

I really like the new custom texture for the Locked Away belt. Have you thought about adding versions of the padded collar, cuffs and bra as well? My subby dragonborn finds herself wanting to strut around in a nice matching set.

Thanks, I'll ask Taki17 if he wants to make some more.

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thanks, I'll ask Taki17 if he wants to make some more.

While you are already at it, why not ask Taki17 about some custom catsuit textures as well? And I really like how little locked away interferes with general cursed loot. And the compatibility with your other quests. I kind of feel bad for asking since I feel like I am rudely telling you how you should do your mod, but please keep locked away to just the belt and delicious plugs (the gag and armbinder are unlinked to the actual quest and just for having some extra fun, right?) and rather keep your options for your future quests open. And I'd be all for having some additional tasks you can do for laura while locked away that require more customized attire than just the chastity belt.

Okay, I let that sit a bit before posting and I have thought a bit more about it. To get the best of both worlds I think an MCM option to customize your locked away attire (of course, the belt is a must) and stripping everything but the belt and plug before quests is the solution. It will allow us to admire the amazing textures taki17 will make if he has the time, while keeping personal tastes adressed (I don't really like the look of chastity bras) AND it allows you to go wild with adding restraints during quests.

2 hours ago, Frostgestalt said:

While you are already at it, why not ask Taki17 about some custom catsuit textures as well?

You mean like one with an emblem on it? That could be nice.

2 hours ago, Frostgestalt said:

And I really like how little locked away interferes with general cursed loot. And the compatibility with your other quests. I kind of feel bad for asking since I feel like I am rudely telling you how you should do your mod, but please keep locked away to just the belt and delicious plugs (the gag and armbinder are unlinked to the actual quest and just for having some extra fun, right?) and rather keep your options for your future quests open. And I'd be all for having some additional tasks you can do for laura while locked away that require more customized attire than just the chastity belt.

Okay, I let that sit a bit before posting and I have thought a bit more about it. To get the best of both worlds I think an MCM option to customize your locked away attire (of course, the belt is a must) and stripping everything but the belt and plug before quests is the solution. It will allow us to admire the amazing textures taki17 will make if he has the time, while keeping personal tastes adressed (I don't really like the look of chastity bras) AND it allows you to go wild with adding restraints during quests.

I like the idea of having a matching set with the belt, but they won't be part of Locked Away. The last thing I want is to make Locked Away conflict with my own quests.

If I add them, they'll be items you get to wear in a different quest. Maybe something like a delivery or advertsing job.

Having to check for them at the start of every quest is asking for a headache, so I'll keep Locked Away belt only.

Yes, just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting the extra collar, cuffs and bra as something to add in to the Locked Away quest. (I'm also not a huge fan of the bras.) I thought it would be nice to have some optional extras I could choose to put on my character myself that matched that great belt texture. I was thinking perhaps some branded restraints that Laura could sell -  or perhaps even offer as a gift or at a discount. After all, she'd be getting some extra advertising out of them.

12 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I also use Darker Dungeons and a dark ENB, but it's not very fair because I placed the key myself. :P

I did add a light right next to the key, so it should always be visible. Do you think it's still too dark?

No not at all. I think I must have skipped over some content somehow. I have the marker in the storage room and the door is still locked, 27 will perform the distraction, but the key is not on the table in the blacksmiths room.  I think that is where it is supposed to be.  I still have a blindfold on but no one offers to take it off for anything.  My dialogue is extremely slow and gets hung up some times, so I think I have something else in my load order messing up your mod.  I'm trying to figure that out now.  I will let you know if something is not specific to my case, but don't change a thing.  This is a terrific mod, well thought out and fun. Technically it is very well done from what I can tell also.  I am going to start the Quest again from the start and see what happens.  Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Please disregard my previous post. Restarted the quest, everything went flawlessly, and was a great planned out and interesting quest! When you have 180 mods, DD, Enb, all together there are just going to be bumps. lol.  My only criticism, and its weak at best, is that Laura is just too nice to the Dragonborn.  It would be pretty cool if Laura had a evil sister across skyrim with her own shop, and somehow the Dragonborn got mixed up in the middle of a fued. Anyway, love your mod, love your style, please please keep up the good work....you are like the only thing keeping Skyrim going.  No pressure though. lol.

7 hours ago, merManc said:

Yes, just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting the extra collar, cuffs and bra as something to add in to the Locked Away quest. (I'm also not a huge fan of the bras.) I thought it would be nice to have some optional extras I could choose to put on my character myself that matched that great belt texture. I was thinking perhaps some branded restraints that Laura could sell -  or perhaps even offer as a gift or at a discount. After all, she'd be getting some extra advertising out of them.

I know.

My english is often very bad when I'm really tired, so it doesn't come across like I want it to. Sorry. ?

The matching set would be really nice.

I was thinking of using them for a delivery or advertising quest, but putting them up for sale or using them as a reward would also be nice.

I'm also not a fan of chastity bras by the way.

4 hours ago, nufndash said:

Please disregard my previous post. Restarted the quest, everything went flawlessly, and was a great planned out and interesting quest! When you have 180 mods, DD, Enb, all together there are just going to be bumps. lol.  My only criticism, and its weak at best, is that Laura is just too nice to the Dragonborn.  It would be pretty cool if Laura had a evil sister across skyrim with her own shop, and somehow the Dragonborn got mixed up in the middle of a fued. Anyway, love your mod, love your style, please please keep up the good work....you are like the only thing keeping Skyrim going.  No pressure though. lol.

Thank you. ?

I understand what you mean with her being a bit too kind. I don't want her to become 1 dimensional.

I'm not a fan of adding another shop though. I don't want to split my focus too much.

38 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The matching set would be really nice.

I was thinking of using them for a delivery or advertising quest, but putting them up for sale or using them as a reward would also be nice.

Sadly with the death of Captured Dreams there will be a void to fill there.

40 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm not a fan of adding another shop though. I don't want to split my focus too much.

Well, I guess what nufndash suggested is less about another shop and more about someone decidedly less nice than Laura and I am pretty sure you will have that covered by a certain mysterious someone who probably most here are eagerly anticipating and who will almost assuredly end up enslaving the Dragonborn at least temporarily in a future quest and whose name I have forgotten, therefore describing her in a roundabout way

14 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

About the new quest. I'm in the slave cave and have the storage room key. I guess 27 is supposed to create a distraction but nothing happens when I click on her. Any idea what I should be doing right now? Thanks.

Is your character gagged at the moment?

Spoiler

She can't ask for help if she's gagged.

5 hours ago, Frostgestalt said:

Sadly with the death of Captured Dreams there will be a void to fill there.

Yeah, it's a shame that it's gone.

My mod wouldn't exist without CDS and Vel's help. I learnt most of what I know while I was in his testing group.

In a way, my mod is kinda like CDS' legacy.

5 hours ago, Frostgestalt said:

Well, I guess what nufndash suggested is less about another shop and more about someone decidedly less nice than Laura and I am pretty sure you will have that covered by a certain mysterious someone who probably most here are eagerly anticipating and who will almost assuredly end up enslaving the Dragonborn at least temporarily in a future quest and whose name I have forgotten, therefore describing her in a roundabout way

Laura will always be the softy, someone else (like Sloane) will fill that role.

I still kinda regret calling the shop owner Laura. It can be confusing and it makes me seem egotistical, but I wasn't planning on releasing it when I first started working on it.

2 hours ago, DrVec said:

When is the End at the current content, after Njadi?

Yeah, that's the 4th and last quest from this update.

Long time lurker, just dropping in to say that I really enjoy this update as well as the mod as a whole. It seems like a lot of other BDSM themed mods try to do too much and just end up being overbearing, which gets boring to me when it takes too much out of my hands. But especially with these new quests (Blending In was a ton of fun), you've really struck a balance of restricting the player while also keeping the gameplay interesting. You've said you're taking a bit of a break so you don't burn out, and you've definitely earned it. Still, I'm selfishly eager to see where it all goes from here. I'll for sure keep tabs on this mod :)

1 hour ago, quodphelph said:

Long time lurker, just dropping in to say that I really enjoy this update as well as the mod as a whole. It seems like a lot of other BDSM themed mods try to do too much and just end up being overbearing, which gets boring to me when it takes too much out of my hands. But especially with these new quests (Blending In was a ton of fun), you've really struck a balance of restricting the player while also keeping the gameplay interesting. You've said you're taking a bit of a break so you don't burn out, and you've definitely earned it. Still, I'm selfishly eager to see where it all goes from here. I'll for sure keep tabs on this mod :)

Thank you so much. :blush:

23 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Yeah, it's a shame that it's gone.

My mod wouldn't exist without CDS and Vel's help. I learnt most of what I know while I was in his testing group.

In a way, my mod is kinda like CDS' legacy.

Laura will always be the softy, someone else (like Sloane) will fill that role.

I still kinda regret calling the shop owner Laura. It can be confusing and it makes me seem egotistical, but I wasn't planning on releasing it when I first started working on it.

Yeah, that's the 4th and last quest from this update.

Ha.. What a Shame. Again it was a really good update with a lot of fun and your design is awesome. I feel happy that you will continue, but enjoy your break and dont burnout :)

On 12/29/2018 at 11:12 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

When you ask her to tie you up, she will put standard DD devices on you and it's up to you to get yourself free.

I think of it like a challenge you can give yourself.

I still want to implement the DD timer feature, but I can't get the damn thing to work.

The other problem with a timer like that is the balancing. When I put timed devices on the player, what is keeping the player from using the wait menu to get out?

The feature where you ask her to tie you up probably won't be drastically changed. I like the way it is now, but I would love to hear any suggestions to improve it.

How about setting the "timer" to "Walk x distance..." and then it unlocks? So you can't cheat yourself out by waiting and still have a kind of timer going on ;)

2 hours ago, Raresh said:

How about setting the "timer" to "Walk x distance..." and then it unlocks? So you can't cheat yourself out by waiting and still have a kind of timer going on ;)

It may be because I'm not good at the programming part, but I don't know how to do that.

Like I said back then, I like the way it is now. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

5 hours ago, Raresh said:

As far as I know there isn't any reliable way  to measure walking distance as Skyrim is divided into load cells.

One way to do it is to place an invincible item on the ground near the player, measure the distance between the player and the item. If the distance is greater than X then remove the item and place it again. Repeat this procedure. This is quite messy and not really worth the hassle/load imho.

One thing that could be looked into is counting the amounts of times a "clocktick" function has been called. If somebody just plays the game it runs a lets say every 10 ingame minutes. So after 2 hours the counter is 12. If you wait 2 hours you skip the 12 cycles so the counter is 1.