Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

6 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

It is actually quite easy.

For example, I've made some OP'd plugs that never let you cum in exchange for increased health/stamina/magicka regen.

You can also attach scripts to enchantments. Working on a prototype that won't let you sleep longer than 1-3 hours before waking you up with vibrations :P

Creating custom plugs with the default effects is very easy indeed.

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

You can also attach scripts to enchantments. Working on a prototype that won't let you sleep longer than 1-3 hours before waking you up with vibrations :P

Ooh, I like the sound of that prototype!

22 hours ago, naaitsab said:

You could start with the delivery quest part. It's not really that hard to set up. If you need help with the idea let me know.

The outcome reflecting your results on the quest are the most fun of CD. That would require most of the work, getting the "afterparty" done.

Also working on something similar for my upcoming mod that revolves around the Dwemer Cuirass from MaikCG. The quests for the mod are stil in the design phase at the moment but the framework for the Cuirass and level design is mostly done.

You're right. It's easy to make a simple fetch or delivery quest. The issue is keeping it interesting as a repeatable quest.

A system to select an npc for the delivery quest will be easy because Vel already figured that out, but it'll need surprises and twists to keep it interesting.

21 hours ago, kronnos44 said:

Just a question but with the new update , are we going to see the quest line continue or will it be more off a repeatable quest content ish release

because personally i appreciate unique quest lines above repeatable content

It'll add 4 new quests that continue the story after the What She Deserves quest.

21 hours ago, Garfieldcat said:

End of the week is friday, yes? :P You can't possibly count glorious weekends as part of the week, right ? :P 

And after reading the above mentioned CD Embassy quest
 and you replying with a tease:

I'm thrilled!
As much as I love awesome new devices, animations and such, I think that new quests are still my #1.

I honestly LOVED your thief quest and was truly looking forward to my trip to the slaver! And even though the outcome was different I was still satisfied with the ending and kept hoping for more.

Can't wait! 

You're too kind. :blush:

The weekend is also part of the end of the week I'm afraid. I also can't guarantee that it'll be ready in the weekend, because I recently hit a snag that delayed it a bit. But I think I'll make it if goes smoothly from here.

18 hours ago, darktej said:

Regarding Captured Dreams, I really loved it. When it initially came out I really loved the Embassy quest. It was unstable for me, kept crashing, but I wanted to continue cause it was so good. And when it got the huge update ...really loved the Manor slave and Relationship slave content. Many people complained ..that it was too repetitive..I didn't find it so and was really looking forward to more content. but more importantly I hope Vel is doing alright. that is more important. 

I also really liked what Vel made.

I think that the criticism was about the sometimes lack of interactivity that could make it boring for people who didn't like the scenario. I really liked it, but I understand what they mean.

17 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Yes, this please.  Repeatable quests, particularly with various (and configurable) challenges.  They wouldn't have to all be ambush stuff.  If you're on a short timer to complete the quest and get presented with the chance to help someone, do you do it?  It might delay you just enough to fail.  Should you?  Hmm.

On the punishments, you could handle that with dialog.  Laura could ask how challenging you want it, or you could ask for a harder assignment, with a lower chance of success and a higher reward.  The understanding is that requesting a super-duper challenging job is basically requesting the punishment, and the lines could be written with that context.  You might actually succeed and get a nice reward, or fail and get a different kind of reward.  There's a lot of room for consequences and punishments that's not non-consensual.

Going along with that, if you've established a good relationship with Laura, she might let you choose your punishment after you fail, with the additional option "I'll let you decide."  Again the idea is you wanted the punishment, but this way it was a game.  If you want to get really involved, if you let her choose, Laura might remember which punishments you've requested before and have a weighted chance of being more likely (but not guaranteed) to give you what you like.  Because it's a fun punishment, not a harsh one.

Choosing an impossible task as a way to get punished is a good one. A relationship system could also be great.

The problem is that both these idea will take an incredible amount of work. :/

15 hours ago, Neico7500 said:

Exactly how I feel!!!

I probably replayed the thief quest about 20 times. I checked every week for progress updates and I am so excited for it´s release. This feels like christmas and birthday combined ?

Thank you so much for all the time and care you are putting in your work, and be sure that it´s appreciated! ?

You have no idea how good it is to hear that. :D

15 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

It is actually quite easy.

For example, I've made some OP'd plugs that never let you cum in exchange for increased health/stamina/magicka regen.

I could probably make those in an hour, but I want them to be more than something you just buy from her. I want them to be some kind of reward.

8 hours ago, naaitsab said:

That sounds really devious. :O

Its been a while from last big update in any huge mod, kimy is a bit quiet lately, maria eden was almost ready in may and then something happened and still nothing, zap also almost ready but still probably few months before release, no new mods comming out, not gona lie last few months were really tough for players to be honest :)

Anyway im excited and looking forward to play new update! :D  

RIP Captured Dreams 

14 minutes ago, Jappa123 said:

Its been a while from last big update in any huge mod, kimy is a bit quiet lately, maria eden was almost ready in may and then something happened and still nothing, zap also almost ready but still probably few months before release, no new mods comming out, not gona lie last few months were really tough for players to be honest :)

Anyway im excited and looking forward to play new update! :D  

RIP Captured Dreams 

Thank you. :D

From what I heard, the DD team has big plans, that's probably why it's taking so long. I don't know about the others though.

The good news for me is that there's a lot of new stuff that I can play, because I haven't actually played the game in 7 months. ?

5 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

Hehe, that prototype will wreak havoc if combined with the devious follower mod that requires your follower to sleep for at least 6 hours. Hmm, I think that mod also has a feature that allows you to get a room for only your follower at an inn.

It's a script so it's highly customizable. So it could be make so it only "works" when a global is set (you have been bad global) or if the current location is (not) type X

My mod is not really compatible with followers anyway as that messes with the pathing and imprisonment parts quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You're right. It's easy to make a simple fetch or delivery quest. The issue is keeping it interesting as a repeatable quest.

A system to select an npc for the delivery quest will be easy because Vel already figured that out, but it'll need surprises and twists to keep it interesting.

The delivery itself can be spiced up by a few ways.

-Delivery gets stolen (like CD)

-Person you need to deliver to is not the correct person (ask around or return to the shop)

-Got the incorrect package (make another delivery with the correct parcel or the client terminates the sale and doesn't want the items anymore)

-Buyer requires a "device show" for a couple of hours before the accept the package or threaten with blackmail of the delivery girl.

-While on the way back get attacked and the gold from the delivery stolen. (pay Laura yourself or work to get the money back or accept punishment)

CD had a "pre-paid" delivery if I'm not mistaken. You could do a more realistic way of getting gold for a parcel.  You can of course spend that money  yourself but you will have to face the consequences of a lack in gold and/or a late return.

Just a few scenario's, but would start out with a "boring" framework of delivery and return. Not that hard but required for extra endings and/or quests. The "afterparty" of the delivery can also be expanded. CD had a couple of endings but they are quite static. Will be quite hard to make something that's fun but if needed also harsh.

11 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you. :D

From what I heard, the DD team has big plans, that's probably why it's taking so long. I don't know about the others though.

The good news for me is that there's a lot of new stuff that I can play, because I haven't actually played the game in 7 months. ?

Hi Laura, I don't know if it's not the right time to say this but, I wonder if you are recruiting mod testers? If you are, please count me in. The plot implemented in the present version is really AMAZING, so if possible, I'll be really glad to test out your new creation

18 hours ago, naaitsab said:

The delivery itself can be spiced up by a few ways.

-Delivery gets stolen (like CD)

-Person you need to deliver to is not the correct person (ask around or return to the shop)

-Got the incorrect package (make another delivery with the correct parcel or the client terminates the sale and doesn't want the items anymore)

-Buyer requires a "device show" for a couple of hours before the accept the package or threaten with blackmail of the delivery girl.

-While on the way back get attacked and the gold from the delivery stolen. (pay Laura yourself or work to get the money back or accept punishment)

CD had a "pre-paid" delivery if I'm not mistaken. You could do a more realistic way of getting gold for a parcel.  You can of course spend that money  yourself but you will have to face the consequences of a lack in gold and/or a late return.

Just a few scenario's, but would start out with a "boring" framework of delivery and return. Not that hard but required for extra endings and/or quests. The "afterparty" of the delivery can also be expanded. CD had a couple of endings but they are quite static. Will be quite hard to make something that's fun but if needed also harsh.

Those are really good. I'll definitely use this. :D

8 hours ago, SnowyJune973 said:

Hi Laura, I don't know if it's not the right time to say this but, I wonder if you are recruiting mod testers? If you are, please count me in. The plot implemented in the present version is really AMAZING, so if possible, I'll be really glad to test out your new creation

I can't add people to the current group because it's bugged, but I'll add you when I make a new one for the update after this one.

56 minutes ago, Jappa123 said:

Damn DD just got updated, not gonna lie its perfect day to release update for Laura's Bondage Shop ?

I want to make sure that it works with the new DD first, but the good news is that I can put the new stuff for sale in the shop.

58 minutes ago, Jappa123 said:

Damn DD just got updated, not gonna lie its perfect day to release update for Laura's Bondage Shop ?

Oh hey, guess what I’m downloading when I get home.

@Laura 'Lokomootje' so obviously not now, what with the current update in the works, but is it possible for Laura to sell stuff like the rubber suits and hoods as upgradable armour as well as restrictive stuff? I know I can get some enchanted stuff through DD but that either requires a DAMN box or console commands. I was thinking something like the equivalent to Elven/Dwarven that I could then be able to upgrade or put enchantments on? Thank you as always for your hard work, it is very much appreciated.

14 minutes ago, twsnider1138 said:

Oh hey, guess what I’m downloading when I get home.

@Laura 'Lokomootje' so obviously not now, what with the current update in the works, but is it possible for Laura to sell stuff like the rubber suits and hoods as upgradable armour as well as restrictive stuff? I know I can get some enchanted stuff through DD but that either requires a DAMN box or console commands. I was thinking something like the equivalent to Elven/Dwarven that I could then be able to upgrade or put enchantments on? Thank you as always for your hard work, it is very much appreciated.

That's a good one.

Something like that was already on my list. I want add things like armored restraints and special plugs as a rewards for repeatable quests.

36 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's a good one.

Something like that was already on my list. I want add things like armored restraints and special plugs as a rewards for repeatable quests.

Woo hoo, my dreams of becoming a proper rubber battle babe may come true. ?

i would suggest probably making them either Equivalent to Elven and Dwarven for base gear for now. That way they’re definitely desirable starting out but not too overpowering. And, for ease of upgrades, probably require Moonstone or Dwarven Metal. Ooh and maybe as an added devious bonus, Laura might say gag or blindfold the player too. ?

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Those are really good. I'll definitely use this. :D

I can't add people to the current group because it's bugged, but I'll add you when I make a new one for the update after this one.

If you need more help you can add me to the list as well.

5 hours ago, Cieris said:

I would love to join the testers' group as well :D

I normally tweak each release when they come out, but it would be awesome to test them out beforehand.

Okay, I'll let you know when I need help. :)