Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

I seem to have a slight problem here. I’m wearing Laura’s chastity belt for cash with a time frame of 7-14 days. Now I’m positive that I’ve gone past the 14 day max period and Nothing comes up in Laura’s dialogue tree as to how or when she’ll take the belt off. I don’t have any quest markers, it doesn’t appear in my quest list (nor does strange rock by the way,) I appear to just be stuck in the rotten thing. Also Katarina seems to have just plain vanished.

6 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

I seem to have a slight problem here. I’m wearing Laura’s chastity belt for cash with a time frame of 7-14 days. Now I’m positive that I’ve gone past the 14 day max period and Nothing comes up in Laura’s dialogue tree as to how or when she’ll take the belt off. I don’t have any quest markers, it doesn’t appear in my quest list (nor does strange rock by the way,) I appear to just be stuck in the rotten thing. Also Katarina seems to have just plain vanished.

Do you have the option in her dialogue "About this belt" ? If so, hit that.

19 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Sounds like the quest failed to start because of an alias filling failure.

You probably didn't see the quest objective pop up.

Can you share the papyrus log from when it fails to start?

I'll take a look at it.

Could it be that The Bound  Queen (from DCL) could be effecting Seeking the Curse? Because I just finished that quest up and then I tried starting Seeking the Curse to get the log info, and it started up successfully.

I mean, I get why there would be a conflict due to the nature of The Bound Queen, however I was at the stage where I haven't yet found all the pieces when starting up Seeking the Curse. But I do understand if the quest wouldn't start with that quest in my log.

1 hour ago, twsnider1138 said:

I did not unfortunately, nothing of the sort care up at all.

You have the belt on, but the dialogue doesn't show up. Sounds like the quest didn't start properly.

I need you to do a few things.

I need you to use the command: sqv Laura_SecureBeltQuest    in the console and tell me what it says.

Also, go back to a save where you haven't started it yet. Then talk to her and try to start Locked Away again. If it still doesn't start, post the papyrus log here.

To find out if it's a bad save. Make a fresh save, try to start it and tell me what happens.

4 hours ago, Seph64 said:

Could it be that The Bound  Queen (from DCL) could be effecting Seeking the Curse? Because I just finished that quest up and then I tried starting Seeking the Curse to get the log info, and it started up successfully.

I mean, I get why there would be a conflict due to the nature of The Bound Queen, however I was at the stage where I haven't yet found all the pieces when starting up Seeking the Curse. But I do understand if the quest wouldn't start with that quest in my log.

I don't think that The Bound Queen directly caused it to break. The worst thing I can think of is that one of the quests tries to equip something on a slot that the other already locked something one. But I don't see how The Bound Queen would prevent other quests from starting.

It could be that DCLs scripts running in the background was the straw that broke the camel's back. But I can't really explain this one.

Whenever someone has trouble with a quest not starting, it's 85.0% of the time caused by an unstable game. Starting a quest is a fairly basic thing and actually really reliable, but it can go wrong when the game fails to fill an alias because it's unstable.

It's good to hear that it's working now, but it could be a symptom of a (slightly) broken save.

How old is this save?

Did you add/remove mods during this playthrough?

Do you often have issues like these?

Great mod, really looking forward to it's expansion, some features I'd want to include is something to add in the Locked Away. Laura should give the option to have both holes fitted and if she finds the chastity belt not worn, she could include some kind of punishment which could incorporate the timed devices you have in WIP.

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't think that The Bound Queen directly caused it to break. The worst thing I can think of is that one of the quests tries to equip something on a slot that the other already locked something one. But I don't see how The Bound Queen would prevent other quests from starting.

It could be that DCLs scripts running in the background was the straw that broke the camel's back. But I can't really explain this one.

Whenever someone has trouble with a quest not starting, it's 85.0% of the time caused by an unstable game. Starting a quest is a fairly basic thing and actually really reliable, but it can go wrong when the game fails to fill an alias because it's unstable.

It's good to hear that it's working now, but it could be a symptom of a (slightly) broken save.

How old is this save?

Did you add/remove mods during this playthrough?

Do you often have issues like these?

1. It's fairly new, at most a week.

2. I never remove a mod and then  play the save, even if the mod claims the mod contains no scripts. Remove a mod = delete all the saves and then start over (though, if it's a character I like the look of, I'll load it up once to export a preset in racemenu, then delete). 

3. Not that I can think of. 

Although, it could also be my setup. I still use NMM (as it's the only thing I feel comfortable with atm). 

Also, are you planning on expanding on the Jade quest line?

48 minutes ago, Seph64 said:

1. It's fairly new, at most a week.

2. I never remove a mod and then  play the save, even if the mod claims the mod contains no scripts. Remove a mod = delete all the saves and then start over (though, if it's a character I like the look of, I'll load it up once to export a preset in racemenu, then delete). 

3. Not that I can think of. 

Although, it could also be my setup. I still use NMM (as it's the only thing I feel comfortable with atm). 

Also, are you planning on expanding on the Jade quest line?

Then it's probably not a bad save. Maybe the install itself could be the cause, but I don't know.

I am working on continuing the story started in the What She Deserves quest. I've been working on it for almost 4 months now.

It's hard to predict how long it will take, but it's probably ready in 1-2 months. I kinda put a lot on my plate. :|

4 hours ago, Symb0lic said:

Great mod, really looking forward to it's expansion, some features I'd want to include is something to add in the Locked Away. Laura should give the option to have both holes fitted and if she finds the chastity belt not worn, she could include some kind of punishment which could incorporate the timed devices you have in WIP.

Thank you. :blush:

The current belt has an open back, so a plug would be too easy to remove. I also don't like the closed back belt. The idea of not being able to poop is really gross to me.

The belt also can't be removed, so a punishment for removing it is currently not possible.

But, extra content for that quest would be really fun. What you suggest doesn't fit right now, but it could be really fun for something I'm planning.

33 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

But, extra content for that quest would be really fun.

How about some bonus challenges the player can undertake while LA is running? Something that is either a simple objective to complete, or something that lasts for either one or two ingame days (that is not explicitly told to the player) - or real-time minutes or hours, so it can't be just waited out. They are ofc not meant to be overly limiting for a long time, and also give instant payment on completion.

As for the challenges, I'm thinking something along the lines of adding additional promotional devices onto the player (chastity bra, blindfold, whatever) for a limited time, or participate in events that either facilitate promotion, or just make for extra teasing without getting relief.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:56 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You have the belt on, but the dialogue doesn't show up. Sounds like the quest didn't start properly.

I need you to do a few things.

I need you to use the command: sqv Laura_SecureBeltQuest    in the console and tell me what it says.

Also, go back to a save where you haven't started it yet. Then talk to her and try to start Locked Away again. If it still doesn't start, post the papyrus log here.

To find out if it's a bad save. Make a fresh save, try to start it and tell me what happens.

Umm I ended up reinstalling the mod and starting a new game. I just left the shop and it seemed to work. However since I was about to do DCUR’s Chloe quest, which also requires me belted, I reloaded my save. If it happens again once I’m done with Chloe, I will make sure to run through the steps. Thank you very much, I’m loving the shop so far and look forward to seeing what comes next in the Jade quest. I want revenge! ?

On 4/29/2019 at 12:09 PM, twsnider1138 said:

Umm I ended up reinstalling the mod and starting a new game. I just left the shop and it seemed to work. However since I was about to do DCUR’s Chloe quest, which also requires me belted, I reloaded my save. If it happens again once I’m done with Chloe, I will make sure to run through the steps. Thank you very much, I’m loving the shop so far and look forward to seeing what comes next in the Jade quest. I want revenge! ?

I'll see if I can prevent the belt from equiping when the quest fails to start.

I'm 99% sure that the quests not starting is an issue on the user side because only about 5 people reported it. But I don't want to lock them in a belt for an eternity.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:59 PM, Taki17 said:

How about some bonus challenges the player can undertake while LA is running? Something that is either a simple objective to complete, or something that lasts for either one or two ingame days (that is not explicitly told to the player) - or real-time minutes or hours, so it can't be just waited out. They are ofc not meant to be overly limiting for a long time, and also give instant payment on completion.

As for the challenges, I'm thinking something along the lines of adding additional promotional devices onto the player (chastity bra, blindfold, whatever) for a limited time, or participate in events that either facilitate promotion, or just make for extra teasing without getting relief.

Those sound like a lot of fun. But I want LA to remain compatible with my other quests, so I don't want to make it use more restraints.

I'm planning to make a seperate LA-ish quest that uses the other types of restraints. That way, I can still use the suggestions meant for LA.

12 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

So I’m pleased to report that the fresh install fixed my belt problem for now. The quest appeared as have the dialogue trees in Laura’s menu. Also, holy crap is Laura ever a brat, sticking me in an arm binder AND a gag?! ??

It's good to hear that it's working again.

And it sounds like your character is having fun. :innocent:

7 hours ago, tznvlw said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

I like your mod the Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop?and i have ported it for sse to myself use. and I have a small suggestion, that's add reset quests option so that we can replay them? CD Have similar options

Thanks. :blush:

An option to replay quests could be fun. I'll think about it.

1 hour ago, worik said:

Can we do something to influence the outcome of your thinking? :classic_biggrin:

Hide contents

? ?

:beer: ?

? ?

ballgag_by_rentnerehepaar.jpg ?

I had to think about it because I really liked the idea, but I just need to find a way to do it reliably. It was already on list of planned features.

I don't need to be convinced, but I would still like to have the ice cream and the gag. :D

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I would still like to have the ice cream and the gag. :D

Granted :classic_happy:!

Spoiler

Honey-Vanilla-Ice-Cream-Recipes-to-Nouri

and the

ball-gag.jpg

The red ball goes well with the vanilla ice cream colour.

Though you have me wondering if being gagged in front of an ice cream is some sort of denial fetish ?

You've got matching handcuffs?

Speaking of denial fetish ... (quest idea is developing ☁️ :classic_lightbulb: )

57 minutes ago, worik said:

Granted :classic_happy:!

Reveal hidden contents

Honey-Vanilla-Ice-Cream-Recipes-to-Nouri

and the

ball-gag.jpg

The red ball goes well with the vanilla ice cream colour.

Though you have me wondering if being gagged in front of an ice cream is some sort of denial fetish ?

You've got matching handcuffs?

Speaking of denial fetish ... (quest idea is developing ☁️ :classic_lightbulb: )

Keeping someone from eating strawberry ice when it's sitting right infront of them isn't a fetish thing. That's just torture. :P

Sorry in advance for this rant, but holy fucking shit.

Today, the Creation Kit decided that all scripts and linked properties lived a long enough life. So they all just fucking stopped working.

The whole mod, none of the quests or functions worked.

I went back to a previous .esp to fix it, but that wasn't enough. So I actually had to go even further back, but I wasn't going to throw about 100 hours of work in the shitter.

I had no clue what triggered this mess, but I kept looking for a fix.

Turns out that I had to recompile all scripts in my mod. There are currently 187 scripts. I can recompile most of them in bulk, because most are directly linked to a quest. But I have to track down all the ones that are attached to things like a chest, trigger or a key.

Right now, everything seems to work again. But it could mean that it'll take longer than expected because we need to retest all old content.

I already spent about 6 hours to fix it, but I don't even know for sure if it's fixed or what else went wrong behind the scenes.

Some quick testing gave me no issues and it looks like it's solved.

ScriptError3V2.jpg.dfba83f217ad925d600392c28c7f36ff.jpg

But if I see this^ error again. I will stab someone with a spoon. :rage:

Sorry again for the angry rant, but I just had to get this off my chest.

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Sorry again for the angry rant, but I just had to get this off my chest.

32-bit Skyrim CK and Fallout 3 GECK on current systems are the definite modern age torture devices.

Hello, just dropping by to say thanks for this awesome mod!

Also when I touch the MCM menu for the quests "Seek the curse" I cannot trigger the start of a quest but I consider that as a minor bug because even without touching the setting it's fun to play!

8 hours ago, Raiji56 said:

Hello, just dropping by to say thanks for this awesome mod!

Also when I touch the MCM menu for the quests "Seek the curse" I cannot trigger the start of a quest but I consider that as a minor bug because even without touching the setting it's fun to play!

Thank you. :blush:

But you also said that you can't you trigger a quest. Do you need help?