Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Not being able to talk your way out of "Locked Away" belt gives me some CD flashbacks. I felt disturbed with the way it handled PC consent so much I wiped if off my load order after a few reloads.

DCUR, with most of quests off, and most of its NPCs stuck in disable limbo, is pretty "safe" to navigate. In contrast with CD it has something besides abusive NPCs.

But this part, "PC: -Please, take it off! Laura: -No, I'm enjoying it!" leaves some pretty uneasy feeling. Maybe split it in two: "-Is it time yet? -No, not yet./Yeah, but I'd like you to wear it a bit longer./Yep, I think that's enough." and "-Please, take it off! -I could, but you'll get no money." Or some sort of safeword, maybe? Anything but being forced by NPCs that are supposed to be friendly.

And about SE, in wast majority of cases it just works as is if there was no meshes/anims included. At least this mod seems to, in my experience.

P.S. Taking away player controls and moving PC places on AIpilot, besides crippling the immersion and giving me even more CD flashbacks, is prone to problems. Like getting stuck for good because AIpilot is simply dumb. A marker on the spot should be good enough if the player is there for a quest - and doesn't require using console if PC gets stuck in NPCs on the way.

For example, in the thief quest (adding another uneasy flashback for me, it's so hard to find at least somewhat softcore bondage quest mod), after returning to shop, if Laura sits on the chair in the back (and she often does), when control is taken away, she stands up and walk to the prison cell door, opens it and stays there - and PC dances around her for eternity because she stands directly in the way of artifical moron that controls PC. Had to move her away with console to proceed.

And that's just ignoring relentless assault of getting stuck because of follower(s). And it's all fixable by not relaying PC to AIpilot.

Don't take away players control. Don't assume players consent. It's usually there, and if it's not, well... Safeword, please?

15 hours ago, MstrN said:

Not being able to talk your way out of "Locked Away" belt gives me some CD flashbacks. I felt disturbed with the way it handled PC consent so much I wiped if off my load order after a few reloads.

DCUR, with most of quests off, and most of its NPCs stuck in disable limbo, is pretty "safe" to navigate. In contrast with CD it has something besides abusive NPCs.

But this part, "PC: -Please, take it off! Laura: -No, I'm enjoying it!" leaves some pretty uneasy feeling. Maybe split it in two: "-Is it time yet? -No, not yet./Yeah, but I'd like you to wear it a bit longer./Yep, I think that's enough." and "-Please, take it off! -I could, but you'll get no money." Or some sort of safeword, maybe? Anything but being forced by NPCs that are supposed to be friendly.

And about SE, in wast majority of cases it just works as is if there was no meshes/anims included. At least this mod seems to, in my experience.

P.S. Taking away player controls and moving PC places on AIpilot, besides crippling the immersion and giving me even more CD flashbacks, is prone to problems. Like getting stuck for good because AIpilot is simply dumb. A marker on the spot should be good enough if the player is there for a quest - and doesn't require using console if PC gets stuck in NPCs on the way.

For example, in the thief quest (adding another uneasy flashback for me, it's so hard to find at least somewhat softcore bondage quest mod), after returning to shop, if Laura sits on the chair in the back (and she often does), when control is taken away, she stands up and walk to the prison cell door, opens it and stays there - and PC dances around her for eternity because she stands directly in the way of artifical moron that controls PC. Had to move her away with console to proceed.

And that's just ignoring relentless assault of getting stuck because of follower(s). And it's all fixable by not relaying PC to AIpilot.

Don't take away players control. Don't assume players consent. It's usually there, and if it's not, well... Safeword, please?

Locked Away used to be much simpler.

She always removed it for you whenever you wanted it, but a lot of people wanted more. So I changed it, but I was worried that the Locked Away quest was too cruel. So I made sure that she clearly tells you that you're going to wear it for a long as she wants and after she explains it, you get the option to accept or decline. The player also has a lot of control with the MCM options.

I was hoping that it was clear enough that she would take control of the belt.

But I understand why you want the option to play the Locked Away quest with a safeword. I'll see if I can add an option at the start of the quest where you can play it with a safeword for a reduced reward.

Making the player move with AI pathing is a difficult one. I don't like to take control away from the player too much, but it sometimes has to happen to get the results that I want.

But you're right, I'll try to find a way to use the AI pathing less. It will take a lot of time to change them, but I'll see what I can do.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:28 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Making the player move with AI pathing is a difficult one. I don't like to take control away from the player too much, but it sometimes has to happen to get the results that I want.

But you're right, I'll try to find a way to use the AI pathing less. It will take a lot of time to change them, but I'll see what I can do.

Obviously just an opinion, but I personally find intelligent and immersive use of AI pathing and scripted scenes to be one of the things that separates a good mod from a great one. 

As long as it isn't overused, I find it is much more effect for immersive scenes than just parking my character awkwardly near the speaking NPCs.  Caveats of course being that it should be reserved for accentuating storytelling and not as a catch-all control of the player - I would agree that some other bondage mods go way overboard, to the point you aren't doing anything for hours other than clicking through dialogue and watching your character move around like molasses.  I personally found your use of it so far to be fine, and that it fit the scene it was used in.

18 hours ago, neosuduno said:

How goes the mod? Progress steady?

Progress is good.

CK shat itself a while ago and I didn't always have enough time to work on it, but it's going well.

It has been fully playable for a bit more than a week now, but I wasn't satisfied with it yet.

I'm now pretty happy with what I made, so I'm doing a few final test runs and small tweaks before I give it to the testers.

13 hours ago, badbat111 said:

just wonderingif your planning to bring sloana into it like i mentioned above to keep story line going a bit

I haven't forgotten about Sloane. She is really important for the story so she will definitely get some screentime, but I won't tell you when.

1 hour ago, llokii70 said:

Is this part of Laura's Bondage Shop or is this a new mod? 

You mean the Sloane and Jade storyline?

That's part of this mod, but the storyline isn't complete yet. The [What She Deserves] quest is the most recent story quest, but I'm working on adding more.

So to my understanding main difference between LE and SE would be:

- directx11 in SE - support for more than 4GB of VRAM of graphics card

- directx9 in LE - max to 4GB of VRAM of graphics card

- SE being a 64bit application - supports more than 4GB of RAM

- LE being a 32bit application - supports up to 4GB of RAM

- SE - SexLab 1.63

- LE - SexLab 1.62

Also have read about bigger textures in SE. Am i missing something other?

1 hour ago, piotsze said:

So to my understanding main difference between LE and SE would be:

- directx11 in SE - support for more than 4GB of VRAM of graphics card

- directx9 in LE - max to 4GB of VRAM of graphics card

- SE being a 64bit application - supports more than 4GB of RAM

- LE being a 32bit application - supports up to 4GB of RAM

- SE - SexLab 1.63

- LE - SexLab 1.62

Also have read about bigger textures in SE. Am i missing something other?

SE should be more powerful, but that doesn't matter much because no-one wants to abandon their LE installs.

I still have SE sitting there with a big INSTALL button next to it, but I'm not going to abandon my LE after I spent 4 years on it to perfect it.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

SE should be more powerful, but that doesn't matter much because no-one wants to abandon their LE installs.

I still have SE sitting there with a big INSTALL button next to it, but I'm not going to abandon my LE after I spent 4 years on it to perfect it.

I don't dare to ask anybody to do what's against their heart. Just pointing out some differences. Well also the difference would be smaller amount of mods on nexus too. I'm keeping to LE also. Have spent too much of an effort to mod my Skyrim to the point i'm happy with it now.?

4 hours ago, piotsze said:

I don't dare to ask anybody to do what's against their heart. Just pointing out some differences.

If I came across as harsh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way.

Well also the difference would be smaller amount of mods on nexus too. I'm keeping to LE also. Have spent too much of an effort to mod my Skyrim to the point i'm happy with it now.?

You're right, the difference in downloads and available mods say enough.

I was worried that the community would split when SE came out and I thought the same when Fallout 4 came out, but LE is still standing strong.

SE didn't have enough mods available when it came out and it wasn't a big enough improvement, so people just didn't switch to SE.

From a creators perspective, having to maintain both LE and SE versions is a nightmare.

On top of making the LE version, I would have to convert and test the SE version. It also complicates the reports I get because some people will forget to mention which version they use when they ask for help. I could then start a seperate thread, but following and responding in 2 threads is confusing and takes a lot of time.

Supporting 2 versions would take a lot of time I don't have because like most mods here, this is a 1 person project. So I choose the version I and the vast majority use, which is LE.

I really wish that I could support both SE and LE, but that's sadly not feasable. So rely I on the conversions that others share with me.

While I don't have development studio backing me, having a community that's always ready to help is amazing. ❤️

any chance players can pick the type of stuff worn during quests as in for example the hobbleskirt in the first quest it would need to keep the hobbleskirt and bindings but allow for example to pick open top hobble and so on like transpaent hobble skirt same with gags like ring gag ballgag pannel gag

edit forgot to put in through mcm menu

6 hours ago, piotsze said:

Have spent too much of an effort to mod my Skyrim to the point i'm happy with it now.?

Agreed, SE has some definite stability and performance improvements over LE that you'd expect would make people want to switch.... but for lots of us that isn't enough to spend hour upon hour building a load order from scratch for it to be a shadow of what we've developed organically over years.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I was worried that the community would split when SE came out and I thought the same when Fallout 4 came out, but LE is still standing strong.

SE didn't have enough mods available when it came out and it wasn't a big enough improvement, so people just didn't switch to SE.

I think one thing that really helped this was the fact you can generally convert most mods from LE to SE, but not the other way around.  So it makes sense for people to keep developing LE mods if they use them, and convert them after (or let helpful users do it).  I'm a bit sad that a few author's I like exclusively maintain SE versions of their mods now, but I certainly don't begrudge them making mods first and foremost for the version of the game they actually use.

So I just found something interesting out, and it's kinda funny. Turns out that if you're wearing a locked item (I tested it with the Chastity Belt of Mysogony) it becomes possible to sell it to Laura an infinite number of times. I'm unsure as to if it works with all devices, but I know it works with the Mysogony belt from Cursed Loot (I think that's the mod the belt's from)

4 minutes ago, markiplier111 said:

So I just found something interesting out, and it's kinda funny. Turns out that if you're wearing a locked item (I tested it with the Chastity Belt of Mysogony) it becomes possible to sell it to Laura an infinite number of times. I'm unsure as to if it works with all devices, but I know it works with the Mysogony belt from Cursed Loot (I think that's the mod the belt's from)

This is more on DD/DCL. When you have the option to sell any locked item (Collard, gags, cuffs and all the others that are locked) to any merchants u'll get the gold but the item will return to your inventory. If you want to sell items you need to unequip them :p

25 minutes ago, Raiji56 said:

This is more on DD/DCL. When you have the option to sell any locked item (Collard, gags, cuffs and all the others that are locked) to any merchants u'll get the gold but the item will return to your inventory. If you want to sell items you need to unequip them :p

That's what I figured, but I don't think most merchants can buy restraints, can they?

2 hours ago, markiplier111 said:

That's what I figured, but I don't think most merchants can buy restraints, can they?

If you have the perk you can sell to every merchant I think. But the ones that buy restraints have the """bug""" you described ^^

13 hours ago, markiplier111 said:

Yea, as mentioned merchants will buy restraints with the speech perk to allow any merchant to buy anything (I consider it a bondage perk in my game) - I believe this exploit is a known issue, but not one that has an easy fix.  

Essentially, don't cheat and sell your worn restraints for infinite money. :classic_tongue:  player.additem f 100000 is faster anyway.