Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

8 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm afraid time isn't enough. But I have professional help, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

EDIT: I think I read that wrong. I think you meant that I shouldn't rush it.

I usually push myself too much, but I now know better. I learned to slow down when I need to.

Yeah, I meant that you shouldn't rush it.

Anyways just try to do the things which gives you happiness and satisfaction.

15 hours ago, Burner003 said:

Take your time Laura! Love your mod as is! 

Thank you. :blush:

7 hours ago, Tron91 said:

Yeah, I meant that you shouldn't rush it.

Anyways just try to do the things which gives you happiness and satisfaction.

I will, I promise. :)

18 minutes ago, Ntn31a said:

Can't find where sarrinas key in lost merchant quest

Any help ?

If you want a hint:

It's where it'd logically would be. In the possession of the owner.

If you want the solution:

Spoiler

It's in Hontaf's pocket. Either kill him and loot it, or try and pickpocket it from him.

17 minutes ago, Ntn31a said:

I cleared it for legion from bandits in War quests earlier ,may be because of that 

Tried spawning one through placeatme quest ,no help ,quest not advancing

if I remember properly...if you had cleared the fort for the Imperials...he will be there but wearing the uniform of the legion.  and if I am correct...using placeatme creates a duplicate...he is not the original...so he may not have the quest item on him. 

10 hours ago, Ntn31a said:

Can't find where sarrinas key in lost merchant quest

Any help ?

Have you found the chest yet? I can't remember the exact sequence of events in that quest, and if this part is specifically directing you to find the actual "key," but the first thing you need to do after you find her in the cell is locate a chest. This took me ages when I first played it, because I just couldn't see anything anywhere. Maybe down to my ENB and the very low light levels in there.

Spoiler

It's in the cell block room where the lost merchant is being held. Until you've found it, the guy with the key won't appear.

On 7/29/2020 at 11:46 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm not going to respond to all the posts I missed, but I'll go through it for the bug reports and feedback.

?Just holler if you feel comfortable to dive into new ideas or to pick up/repeat from the ones of the past weeks.

It could take a whole weekend of your time to sort through all the posts in here otherwise :classic_unsure:

8 minutes ago, worik said:

?Just holler if you feel comfortable to dive into new ideas or to pick up/repeat from the ones of the past weeks.

It could take a whole weekend of your time to sort through all the posts in here otherwise :classic_unsure:

I don't want to respond to them because it'll be a post the size of a whole page. But I do want to go through them to see the feedback and bug reports.

By the way, if you have ideas you want to post, don't hold back.

22 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

By the way, if you have ideas you want to post, don't hold back.

I dropped a few back in the thread. Just didn't want to flood you with repetitions. Time is precious and information overload won't do any good. :classic_shy:

But I still have some to polish before posting (Spoiler: escape games :classic_wink:)

20 minutes ago, woodie99 said:

do i find out who is the perfect woman for slone ? the reason i asking is because i have done up to nightgate inn mission and seemingly the main quest gone cold 

In due course. That is where the story quests end as of currently.

On 7/31/2020 at 1:28 PM, worik said:

I dropped a few back in the thread. Just didn't want to flood you with repetitions. Time is precious and information overload won't do any good. :classic_shy:

But I still have some to polish before posting (Spoiler: escape games :classic_wink:)

I know I've said it before, but the hardest part of making the quests is finding something for the player to do. I already have like 80% of the story done, but it takes a long time to come up with challenges and stuff. So keep em coming. :)

On 7/31/2020 at 2:16 PM, woodie99 said:

do i find out who is the perfect woman for slone ? the reason i asking is because i have done up to nightgate inn mission and seemingly the main quest gone cold 

I'll make sure it's more obvious in the next update.

Welcome back.

If you decide to start making updates again, I have a an idea to modify the Good Fit quest.

In addition to going to Swain, there could be another option where the player can also agree to wait for the delivery.  The length of time  can  set in the MCM menu.

This would be different than the Locked Away quest in that you won't have the option to asked to be released early.

As soon as the time is up, you would have to back to the shop to get released.

15 hours ago, Xuvish said:

That's exactly the same how Locked Away works.

If anything, waiting for the delivery (which "canonically" happens an hour or two after the player leaves to see Swain) could be an easter egg ending to the quest.

15 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Welcome back.

If you decide to start making updates again, I have a an idea to modify the Good Fit quest.

In addition to going to Swain, there could be another option where the player can also agree to wait for the delivery.  The length of time  can  set in the MCM menu.

This would be different than the Locked Away quest in that you won't have the option to asked to be released early.

That would mean that you'd miss the twist and some backstory. Waiting also isn't very exciting. But I understand that you want to wear the set a bit longer. :)

I've been trying to find a way to use the whole set in Locked Away, but it would be a nightmare to make it compatible with my other quests. It could also mess with quests from other DD mods.

15 hours ago, keter682 said:

Proposal, add a chance of package death on arrival which will cause client to refuse and it will lead player to be locked by Laura until player fully compensate the package. (Like was in captured dreams)

Adding punishments and failure outcomes was on my list for the delivery update, but I couldn't make it work.

I wanted to make the punishments playful and made the reasoning behind the punishments that you cost them gold and their reputation. But I don't like forcing the player to do something and it's really hard to make something like that interesting. It's just not something I like so I don't think I'll ever add punishments.

But if I find a fun punishment, I'll add it as an optional roleplaying thingy.

22 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Adding punishments and failure outcomes was on my list for the delivery update, but I couldn't make it work.

I wanted to make the punishments playful and made the reasoning behind the punishments that you cost them gold and their reputation. But I don't like forcing the player to do something and it's really hard to make something like that interesting. It's just not something I like so I don't think I'll ever add punishments.

But if I find a fun punishment, I'll add it as an optional roleplaying thingy.

Maybe you could alter the chastity belt advertisement.

So, for the voluntary advertisement you could change it, so you can get off the belt at any time, maybe then with a smaller share than normally (eg 50% for a day for each day worn).

Then as the reasoning of the punishment is the loss of gold, you have to advertise for the shopthe same style. As it's a punishment though, you may not choose the conditions (eg. the plug), but when you don't ask for freedom for a normal advertisment period you get the reduced share (50% for a day). If you insist on getting free earlier you get no money at all. Or maybe, as it's a punishment you won't get free earlier, but that would be too restricted for your style, in my eyes ;) 

7 hours ago, Mister X said:

Maybe you could alter the chastity belt advertisement.

So, for the voluntary advertisement you could change it, so you can get off the belt at any time, maybe then with a smaller share than normally (eg 50% for a day for each day worn).

Then as the reasoning of the punishment is the loss of gold, you have to advertise for the shopthe same style. As it's a punishment though, you may not choose the conditions (eg. the plug), but when you don't ask for freedom for a normal advertisment period you get the reduced share (50% for a day). If you insist on getting free earlier you get no money at all. Or maybe, as it's a punishment you won't get free earlier, but that would be too restricted for your style, in my eyes ;) 

Adding it as a way to get out of the belt early could be fun. Though I don't want people to start the quest just to get the punishment. So I was thinking of adding it like a reward or just something you can start freely.

But the hardest part is coming up with an interactive and interesting punishment. From the other quests I know that I can't leave the player to wait for more than 20 secs because it'll get boring after that. Making a punishment interesting is the hardest part.

On 8/3/2020 at 3:23 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I've been trying to find a way to use the whole set in Locked Away, but it would be a nightmare to make it compatible with my other quests. It could also mess with quests from other DD mods.

Well after locking the belt on the PC Laura could mention she does have the other devices that match the Locked Away belt and offer to lock them on the PC, for some extra gold as it's just more advertising for the shop. Of course the PC is allowed to choose which extra devices they want and they'll stay locked on for the duration of Locked Away.

Before locking on any extra devices on Laura will warn the PC that she won't allow them take any jobs when wearing the extra devices as they might "get in way" of their task. If the PC happens to ask for a job or wants to continue the main story, Laura will simply decline and remind the PC about the conflicting devices. This is why Laura offers more gold for each extra device that is worn, you're losing potential income by not being able to do jobs for the shop.

The extra devices could also be used for punishment but only if Locked Away is running. The PC fails a job (or some other reason) and Laura locks another device on you. The actual punishment? An extra device (or more!) is locked on the PC for the duration of Locked Away, they don't get paid extra gold and they can't take any more jobs while wearing the extra devices.

As for compatibility with your own quests wouldn't you just need some keyword checks in dialogue to stop the jobs from being taken if wearing the extra devices?

I don't remember the exact lines but something like:

• I'll take the Delivery Job
    • (Keyword check-has no conflicting devices) Very well, here's the job.
  • I'll take the Delivery Job
    • (Keyword check-has conflicting devices) Sorry, those devices you're wearing may prevent you from completing the job so I can't give it to you.

As for compatibility with other mods that's probably something you shouldn't worry too much about, That should be up to other mod authors to prevent their quests from starting if the PC is wearing devices they may conflict.

TYPO!!!

"You search the chest and grab the restraints and you feel like they're speaking to you. They're telling your what you already know: You want them to bind you tight! Without thinking, you lock them on yourself, one by one. They're binding you tight that you can't even walk anymore. You can't get back to the shop like this."

The bold word should be you.

GuruSR.  (Not the spelling/grammar police, really.)