Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

I gotta say, I am SO happy with this mod: it's such a magnificent alternative to... that ~other~ bondage shop mod.  Laura is far more likeable than that stuck up Mistress.

Just a personal aesthetic preference, but I'd love if we could get a black version of the store belt/restraints.  Red's just not my color.  ^_^;

A couple of suggestions for mod expansion:
Locked Away: rework the dialog a little so you can ask for (and receive) your current pay ~without~ having to ask her to take the belt off.
Locked Away: allow Laura to lock more restraints on you to increase your pay.

Hi @Laura 'Lokomootje'

I’ve got a couple of bug reports regarding the Jade/Slaver quests, one of which is possibly game breaking. First off, I’m not sure if Jade is supposed to wander off between the time she paralyses you with the potion and puts the restraints on but she tends to head from the room on the second floor of Blue Palace to the basement. The first time this happened I was confused because I thought the mod glitched. Second one: when I ask 27 to go be a distraction, both she and Daguerry just stand in place and nothing happens. It just says “this person is busy” but thankfully you can just grab the key from the armoury and proceed as normal. The possibly game breaking one is after I’ve read the ledger and had sex with Holden by the cage. The sex scene occurs as usual but then Holden wanders off, leaving the player frozen in place. In my case he wandered off to the second level, stayed there for at least a minute, and then took up his post behind the desk without doing anything. I’m currently using the most recent version of the mod too after updating from 3.10.

2 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

Hi @Laura 'Lokomootje'

I’ve got a couple of bug reports regarding the Jade/Slaver quests, one of which is possibly game breaking. First off, I’m not sure if Jade is supposed to wander off between the time she paralyses you with the potion and puts the restraints on but she tends to head from the room on the second floor of Blue Palace to the basement. The first time this happened I was confused because I thought the mod glitched. Second one: when I ask 27 to go be a distraction, both she and Daguerry just stand in place and nothing happens. It just says “this person is busy” but thankfully you can just grab the key from the armoury and proceed as normal. The possibly game breaking one is after I’ve read the ledger and had sex with Holden by the cage. The sex scene occurs as usual but then Holden wanders off, leaving the player frozen in place. In my case he wandered off to the second level, stayed there for at least a minute, and then took up his post behind the desk without doing anything. I’m currently using the most recent version of the mod too after updating from 3.10.

I had the exact same things happen to me with Jade and 27/Dag. I'm also currently stuck in front of the cage. Is there a command that can be used to manually get to the next step?

3 hours ago, Z3r03xtr43s said:

Super simple on stuck on the quest What she deserves in the shop cell and have no clue how to progress any clues advice or a basic guide cause im at a lose of what im sposed to do here.

Basically you have to wait until Laura and Katarina let you out. They’ll talk for a bit, go to bed, talk for a bit more, and eventually Laura will come to feed you. That’s when they discover it’s you.

Laura, just to follow up on my previous bug report, I somehow got 27Daubney/Holden to finally start their sequences once I started playing again. However when I got back to the shop and was supposed to give the info to Laura, all I got was “this person is busy.” Neither resetting her AI or disabling and re-enabling her worked either. However attacking her did fix it even if I earned a thrashing from Katarina from it.

Hello Everyone ?

I haven't run into any of these quest conflicts. It did take me a while to find a key though. ROFL

I use VORTEX, I will get mods, play with them and decide weather or not to keep them.

If I don't really play with the mod, I get rid of it.

More Mods = More Conflicts - I have a lot less now due to the fact I had all sorts of MODS and allot of problems.

I got rid of allot of mods, and now my game runs much faster and smoother. 

For this MOD, which I love this quest lines, I created new girls (New Game) to play with.

Best way to reset all the fun stuff. ? 

I am currently on my fourth girl and haven't had any issues with the quest.

So, my question to you is; Have you made a new character to play with?

If not, try it, a new game might just fix everything.

Happy Gameing ? 

19 hours ago, twilightowl said:

Hello Everyone ?

I haven't run into any of these quest conflicts. It did take me a while to find a key though. ROFL

I use VORTEX, I will get mods, play with them and decide weather or not to keep them.

If I don't really play with the mod, I get rid of it.

More Mods = More Conflicts - I have a lot less now due to the fact I had all sorts of MODS and allot of problems.

I got rid of allot of mods, and now my game runs much faster and smoother. 

For this MOD, which I love this quest lines, I created new girls (New Game) to play with.

Best way to reset all the fun stuff. ? 

I am currently on my fourth girl and haven't had any issues with the quest.

So, my question to you is; Have you made a new character to play with?

If not, try it, a new game might just fix everything.

Happy Gameing ? 

Noooo, I’ve had to restart my game so many times so far already. ??

Thank you, hopefully it won’t come to that part.

I am really enjoying this mod!

Once I installed correctly, there were no more issues.

So far everything runs smoothly with no bugs of glitches.

Great attention to details.

The dialogue is really well done!

❤️

Fixes I found that could help newbies like me with any problems:

MFG Fix (It is a mod that helped me repair problems with the mouth not opening for the gag.)

I use CBBE 3BBB on SMP mode. It works really well and looks great.

Someone told me about the Devious Devices body Slide files not too long ago. It made a huge difference to how it all looks. You just need to figure out how to use BodySlide. but there are tutorials on you tube.

Most importantly though... I play as a khajiit all the time, so  the Beast Race Refits are a must! Do that one after everything else has been setup in BodySlide.

It makes a massive difference to performance if you spend an hour researching bug fixes. I used to mod skyrim waaay back and I never realised how crap it was running until I began to big fix everything from scratch, and then mod. On youtube, there is a guy called GamerPoets who does 5 bug fixes for skyrimse. After doing this, all of my mods worked as they should! No more animations starting and stopping,starting and stopping, teleportation and glitching, 5 minute delays between animations. It all just works flawlessly now.

I wish I could thank everyone who made this whole experience possible. But there are so many people involved, it is amazing!

Anyhow, for anyone who wants to know what I am currently running (Just for the moment.) whilst I enjoy Laura's Bondage, here ya go! ?

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

I have a problem with Laura's quest. I get the prompts and everything, then at a certain point they stop working. If I try to do the thief quest, it breaks after I get the message that she has power over me. When I try to do the "a good fit" it breaks after the game starts to put clothes on me. It doesnt crash, I'm just immobile, and all else goes on.

With the game stopped, if I do f5 f9 I get piece by piece the equipment but not the dialog accompanyingit., and then it goes on normally.

When they think I'm jade, I did all I could, but nothing else happens.

With the belt  when I ask to take it off, she opens the cell, I go in and then nothing else. F5 f9 and the cell is Locked but claudia is busy....

Any ideas? I normally never ask, but this has me stumped

On 5/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That could be nice, but I don't want to add no trading hours.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, worik said:

It could open the approach to a little side quest ? ....

.. or a slightly different outcome if you wake her at night to "urgently" trade  ?

At least I could imagine a very funny scene/side dialogue if I walk at night into a bondage shop, wake the owner and want to trade right now. ?

@Laura 'Lokomootje' Here we are with some ideas for that :classic_smile:

Scenario: Night time, Laura and Kat have a day/night schedule and an AI package that lets them sleep in their beds.

Ground rule: Laura will always trade

My idea: We keep trading possible 24x7, we add a few immersive little bondage scenes of no further consequences and we have an optional entry point for a quest that can ONLY be started when we disturb Laura in her dreams.
All other dialogues will be unavailable until Laura commences her day schedule again
If we introduce a favor/credit point system for the shop some day, we can make use of it here.

Spoiler

1. New top level dialogue

• Only accessible, when Laura is disturbed at night. It should mask her regular dialogue tree.
  • It could similarly be used to mask Kat's dialogue tree, too.
  • Laura: "<some annoyed text>. Why are you waking me up in the middle of the night! Is it urgent business?"

2. First player selection
2.1 "Yes, it is urgent. I'm sorry to wake you up, but I really need to trade with you right now."

• Trade menu
  • favor points -1
  • end

2.2 "I'm sorry to wake you. But look! I had this idea..."

•  quest entry point, that is only available, when waking up Laura

2.3 "No, it isn't about trading. I just wanted to talk about something"

• Laura:"You woke us in the middle of the night to talk? It better be a good talk"
  • continue below at 3.

2.4 "<something rude>"

• continue below at 3.2

3. Second player selection
3.1 "<something nice and friendly, back out option, player is leaving>"

• Laura "OK, no problem. Please leave us now and shut the door behind you."
  • end

3.2 "<something rude and unfriendly, e.g. why Laura is so lazy to sleep at this time of the day>"

• favor points -1
  • technically the dialogue would now switch over to a scene, I think
  • Kat intervenes to protect Laura from insult
  • Kat: "That's no way to talk to Laura."
  • PC is gagged by Kat with a locked DD gag
  • Kat: "Now you be quiet. Think about what you were saying and come back in the morning."
  • PC is thrown out of the shop
  • Kat will unlock the gag in the morning
  • end

3.3 "<something VERY rude">

• same as 3.2
  • plus PC is stripped and bound before thrown out

3.4 "I am really sorry, but I am desperate! I need a safe space to spend the night where I am not harmed."

• Laura: "Are you asking me to protect you tonight and take care of you?"
  • PC+Laura dialogue to set the parameters for the following scene or to backout to the 2nd player selection
    • Laura: "Shall I take care of your clothing?" => triggers stripping
    • Laura: "Would you cry in your sleep and wake us up again?" => triggers a gag
    • Laura: "Would you need some warm cover for the night?" => triggers a hobble dress
  • submissive scene start
  • PC is bound in an armbinder
  • PC is optionally stripped (as desired)
  • PC is optionally gagged (as desired)
  • If the PC is a vampire, the PC is always gagged, for safety reasons. Laura should comment to that.
  • an activatable bedroll is added to the cell
  • the PC is locked in the cell
  • the PC may use the bedroll or not
  • the PC is unlocked in the morning
  • Laura may charge some money for the night

3.5 "I am really sorry, but I  have these terrible dreams and vision and can't sleep. Can you help me, please?"

• Laura: "Are you asking me to help you to a peaceful and relaxing night?"
  • PC+Laura dialogue to set the parameters for the following scene or to backout to the 2nd player selection
    • Laura: "Would you prefer to have a quiet night?" => triggers a gag
    • Laura: "Would you prefer to have your muscles to relax, too?" => triggers cuffs or an armbinder
    • Laura: "Would you need some warm cover for the night?" => triggers a hobble dress
  • submissive scene start 
  • PC is stripped
  • PC is plugged with the edging DD plug
    • vaginal if PC is female
    • anal if PC is male
  • PC is locked in a belt
  • PC is optionally cuffed or bound (as desired)
  • PC is optionally gagged (as desired)
  • an activatable bedroll is added to the cell and removed in the morning
  • PC is locked in the cell
  • the PC may use the bedroll or not
  • the PC is unlocked in the morning
  • Laura may charge some money for the night

Dialogue passages in <> brackets are meant as placeholders where I was just too lazy to write some sample text.

Don't mind too much about my other choices of words. I'm sure you find better ones, but you get the spin of what I meant. :classic_blush:

2 hours ago, leider12000 said:

Hello everybody,

If I buy for example a catsuit from her shop do I get a custom key or do I need a key everytime?

if you buy a catsuit from her shop, no...you do not need a custom key. It requires the "Resraint Key" and it is not necessary for you to buy a key when you buy the restraint provided you already have a key and it has not been consumed or broken while trying to unlock a device. key consumption and breaking can be changed in Devious Devicces MCM. 

Hey, I haven't checked here for a bit but I was wondering if there's a projected date for the next update. I can't wait. ?

Also, about keys, you can make keys at a forge. But, you need to find the book to learn how.

Sadly, you can only learn the restraint, chastity and piercing tool.

But, since there the main ones it helps. AND, requires iron ingots.

The book also teaches how to craft other devices, plugs and jewelry.

I'm the "I Can't Find A Key" guy ROFL

On a side note, I had a thought.

When you do a delivery, would it also be possible to add an option to earn extra gold by wearing extra restraints?

And, having Laura ask you if you would like to do another deliver (if she has one) before she unties you to re-tie you? (Time saver really)

Thanks

8 minutes ago, twilightowl said:

Hey, I haven't checked here for a bit but I was wondering if there's a projected date for the next update. I can't wait. ?

Laura is currently taking a break from modding, so don't expect any releases in the near future.

10 minutes ago, twilightowl said:

When you do a delivery, would it also be possible to add an option to earn extra gold by wearing extra restraints?

There already is a feature like that in place. The extra restraints will be supplied to you if the quest calls for it.

Oh poop, well I hope Laura has a good break and is just taking a rest rather than walking away from a wonderful mod. I am glad that somebody checked in though because I was a little worried when I noticed she hadn’t posted anything for a while. Please pass on my thoughts.