Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Hey everyone! 

First of all, great mod! I love playing it so far! 

Sorry for the formatting, I'm typing on my phone. And sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, English is my second language. 

I don't know if someone asked this already (I don't want to go through all the 122 pages here) but I think I encountered a bug. Or maybe I am just too dumb to solve this quest. 

I'm currently stuck with "The Trapped Hunter" quest. I have to find Njadi in Raldbthar. I went through the ruin and am now at the deep market. I cleared the whole area and the one above it but could find Njadi. I just want to know if I have to go to Blackreach or if she is supposed to be in Raldbthar. 

Any help is welcome, I don't want a walkthrough or anything, just want to know if I have to go deeper or if it is a bug (and maybe a fix or something?) 

Have a great day everyone, and thanks again for that mod! 

9 minutes ago, 0feed0me0 said:

I'm currently stuck with "The Trapped Hunter" quest. I have to find Njadi in Raldbthar. I went through the ruin and am now at the deep market. I cleared the whole area and the one above it but could find Njadi. I just want to know if I have to go to Blackreach or if she is supposed to be in Raldbthar. 

Any help is welcome, I don't want a walkthrough or anything, just want to know if I have to go deeper or if it is a bug (and maybe a fix or something?) 

By the time you get to the room with the balcony and the dwemer ballista you should have gotten an updated objective.

36 minutes ago, 0feed0me0 said:

What you are looking for is near the entrance inside the dungeon, you don't have to go too deep.

Thanks for the mod. There is some cool stuff in here. Right now I'm stuck in the quest to find the list of women that the slavers have enslaved. I have been inserted as a decoy in the slave cave while Katarina is talking to the leader in the locked room above the slave pens. I am supposed to find the ledger of slaves. I've found the first one and I am supposed to find the second one of slaves that have been sold. I know where it is and should know how to get to it, but the game just won't let me do it. I know that the ledger is in the supply room and that I need the key from the table in the armorer's section of the cave. I got the key and used sneak to open the door, but that is as far as I can get. Every time I try to enter the supply room Daubeny (the guard) immediately initiates an animation and makes me walk away from the cage. This isn't a matter of being seen, it happens no matter what. I even tried jumping in at the rear of the room and activated the animation. It then dragged me THROUGH the room to the other side. I saw the ledger sitting on the table but can't access it. At this point, I figured there must be a way to distract Daubeny and have him leave his post so that I can sneak in, but there is NO WAY to do this. I spent two hours yesterday going over every nook and cranny of that stupid cave. I've talked to everyone, but there aren't really any conversations to initiate any actions, just one liner responses. I've taken every object that you can interact with and manipulated every object over and over (there are very few of them actually). I can't attack, shout, cast a spell, or escape from the straight jacket, so there are very few options available there. I finally gave up and shut the game down and tried again today, figuring fresh eyes might reveal something. Nothing. There is just nothing to manipulate in this cave area. So, my guess is that I've encountered a glitch or amazingly have something, which I really can't believe at this point. Any ideas how to get to this second ledger. PLEASE! ANYTHING! I can't look at this stupid cave any longer and my game is just stuck with nothing to do until I resolve this. Is there a setquest code to force move it ahead? ANYTHING?

2 minutes ago, cerebus300 said:

I figured there must be a way to distract Daubeny and have him leave his post so that I can sneak in, but there is NO WAY to do this.

You were on the right track here. You need to arrange for a distraction so you can open the door. See if one of the more mischievous slave girls have anything to say about it.

3 hours ago, Taki17 said:

You were on the right track here. You need to arrange for a distraction so you can open the door. See if one of the more mischievous slave girls have anything to say about it.

I thought that I was, but I think the quest is broken because none of the slave girls give any conversation options. They just respond with one liners and no menu options. I've talked with every slave girl over and over, not one of them offers an option to create a distraction. I finally gave up and went to an earlier save. I'll try the quest again at some point and hopefully the conversation will initiate properly.

One other issue that you might have some insight into is that the game crashes to desktop every time that open Laura's store and look at the items for sale. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, cerebus300 said:

I thought that I was, but I think the quest is broken because none of the slave girls give any conversation options. They just respond with one liners and no menu options. I've talked with every slave girl over and over, not one of them offers an option to create a distraction. I finally gave up and went to an earlier save. I'll try the quest again at some point and hopefully the conversation will initiate properly.

One other issue that you might have some insight into is that the game crashes to desktop every time that open Laura's store and look at the items for sale. Thoughts?

For the quest: were you trying to talk to them while gagged? If you were, try finding a way to get the gag off when you next play it. The quest was really well thought through. Your character can't make herself understood if she's gagged.

6 hours ago, merManc said:

For the quest: were you trying to talk to them while gagged? If you were, try finding a way to get the gag off when you next play it. The quest was really well thought through. Your character can't make herself understood if she's gagged.

She was gagged, but she could talk to the other slaves. The scenario has you locked down pretty well in inescapable restraints, so there is no way to get them off within the situation that you are put in. Still, you can communicate with everyone.

6 hours ago, cerebus300 said:

She was gagged, but she could talk to the other slaves. The scenario has you locked down pretty well in inescapable restraints, so there is no way to get them off within the situation that you are put in. Still, you can communicate with everyone.

Your gagged character can have other people (including the slaves if they're not also gagged) talk to her, but she won't be able to express to anyone that she needs a distraction. There is a way to get rid of the gag though.

Spoiler

Some of the slavers are more lenient than others.

2 hours ago, 0feed0me0 said:

Hi again, I have another question.

So I finally completed the trapped Hunter quest. Does the storyline goes on after that? I ask, because that was the last thing I could do for Laura, except gathering devices or making deliveries. So no other quest to find that "perfect girl"?

yes, as of now that is the last quest. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the Clock quest been sent to Arvel in E3 Bleak falls barrow but he is dead 100%

Also Bleak falls is a clearable location as it is marked 'cleared' on the map

And is it stupid to make a delivery to a draugr dungeon!? ^^

Also was sent to Aringoth in Goldenglow Estate and there is an invisible wall around the mansion because Thieves guild quest is not started yet so I had to console him to me.

5 hours ago, REALnomad said:

On the Clock quest been sent to Arvel in E3 Bleak falls barrow but he is dead 100%

Also Bleak falls is a clearable location as it is marked 'cleared' on the map

And is it stupid to make a delivery to a draugr dungeon!? ^^

Also was sent to Aringoth in Goldenglow Estate and there is an invisible wall around the mansion because Thieves guild quest is not started yet so I had to console him to me.

Yeah, the filter isn't perfect. It's a known problem, just in case you'd better quicksave right before getting the quest from Laura, and check who she's sending you to (and see if it's in a locked location perhaps, or dead body, or X... in which case you can reload the quesicksave and take the quest again).

12 minutes ago, carlos spicy wiener said:

I can't open the dialogue box with xayah in the what she deserves quest. She only says what when I try and talk to her

That's not much to start on. Could be a mod conflict, script issue or something else. Which version do you have installed? What does your log say? What other mods do you have installed that affect dialogue?

24 minutes ago, carlos spicy wiener said:

I can't open the dialogue box with xayah in the what she deserves quest. She only says what when I try and talk to her

Two things I can think of: have you spoken to the barkeep in the Winking Skeever? And do you have a follower?

I don't think she'll speak to you unless you're alone, and have spoken to the barkeep first.

Tried the new version for the first time on a new character, had to go to Swain, have Deviously Cursed Loot on (new, latest), though in the middle of it, the guards want to rape the player in the middle of trying to get Swain to do something.  Also during Swain's sex, a good chunk of the time we both wind up floating under the top floor.  The castle doesn't seem to be a really good place for the sex part, is the dungeon any better, would that be a better place?   With the exception of the extra guards when dealing with Deviously Cursed Loot.

Also, with the Armbinder on, Swain seems to start a sex scene, then it swaps to DDYokeSolo and he vanishes, I did find him standing under the top floor alone, grunting...

GuruSR.