Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

22 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I want to find a way to lock the player in that cell, but I want to do it right. Being locked in there is hot, but it's hard to keep it interesting because there isn't much to do there for the player.

That's true, maybe add some visitors/customers and scene between them and player for example:

- customer want to buy some devices but before that he want to see how they look on player:

small scene idea just equip devices on player and decide if he want to buy them or not and then lock player in cell again or big scene idea customer want to "borrow" player for while and player is forced to follow customer for while around whiterun.

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

from my experience, DEC is good at detecting when the player is in a scene and not interfere with it. you can even set it so your follower wont directly bring things to you, it will give a notice on the screen saying either that they have found an item or want sex. it also will stop approaches from npcs if you enter conversations due to a check throwing that the player is busy.

with the mods that i use i have seen some kinda crazy things, and strange uses of audio clips that were not used in the mods but parts of the skyrim itself, such as serana, going postal on some random npc that decided to touch her property ie the player, and used the audio clip from when she was talking to harkon saying "you will not touch her"

Some random ideas:

Make a quest where the PC is told to pick up up some devices at several places around Skyrim and bring them to Laura.

But instead them just giving the items to the PC, they put them on. And after your stops you head back to get unlocked. (For money)

If you add that other NPC that is more dominant than Laura, maybe make her/him have her/his own shop.

Maybe add some rivalry between the 2 shops. Have that shop more dominant quests and if you do a quest for one shop, the other will dislike you.

Maybe add a time limit until you can buy another key again.

FYI: I use this mod with Special Edition and so far have not found any problems.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I suggest watching Darkfox127's videos. Those helped me a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtYB2iX9_52X_DNtSIJXyWg

You can ofcourse use my mod as an example, my mod is a lot simpler than the others.

If you get stuck, feel free to send me a DM.

I'm still learning myself, but I know the basics.

Also, what do you want to make?

Thanks for the help. I am not looking to publish anything on here just yet, it's the knowhow I need and there are 2 things I want to learn to do first.

1. how to take basic items e.g. armor/weapons and put them in containers, say a chest or barrel in the game.

2. how basic dialog is done so i can talk to my npc.

5 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

That's true, maybe add some visitors/customers and scene between them and player for example:

- customer want to buy some devices but before that he want to see how they look on player:

small scene idea just equip devices on player and decide if he want to buy them or not and then lock player in cell again or big scene idea customer want to "borrow" player for while and player is forced to follow customer for while around whiterun.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had the customer/visitor in mind aswell, others have suggested something similair too.

It could be a nice way to keep it interesting.

Having someone borrow you could be interesting.

4 hours ago, kempo95 said:

Some random ideas:

Make a quest where the PC is told to pick up up some devices at several places around Skyrim and bring them to Laura.

But instead them just giving the items to the PC, they put them on. And after your stops you head back to get unlocked. (For money)

If you add that other NPC that is more dominant than Laura, maybe make her/him have her/his own shop.

Maybe add some rivalry between the 2 shops. Have that shop more dominant quests and if you do a quest for one shop, the other will dislike you.

Maybe add a time limit until you can buy another key again.

FYI: I use this mod with Special Edition and so far have not found any problems.

Someone suggested something like that too.

I understand why, it sounds great.

The rivaling shop is a bit much.

Especially because it takes a lot of time and could complicate a lot of things.

But the dominant npc is likelt going to be some kind of rival to Laura.

3 hours ago, jigwigigx said:

Thanks for the help. I am not looking to publish anything on here just yet, it's the knowhow I need and there are 2 things I want to learn to do first.

1. how to take basic items e.g. armor/weapons and put them in containers, say a chest or barrel in the game.

2. how basic dialog is done so i can talk to my npc.

Those things are really well explained in Darkfox127's video's. I learned how to do it from him.

1 hour ago, neosuduno said:

Unfortunately, the quest for the strange rock is broken. It will not work at all, not showing up in the journal, and the new NPC does nothing when addressed.

Edit: Found out what happened. A poor update between versions where the scripts were ignored in the install.

Glad to see you solved the issue.

I thought I did something wrong for a moment.

1 hour ago, neosuduno said:

Unfortunately, the quest for the strange rock is broken. It will not work at all, not showing up in the journal, and the new NPC does nothing when addressed.

Edit: Found out what happened. A poor update between versions where the scripts were ignored in the install.

What do you mean? This is the first time in current save that i installed the mod, but i don't know about the rock, where is it? I went in the Whiterun temple and she doesn't have any new dialog options, so i don't know where to go on. I see Laura has the chastity quest and it's configurable in MCM, so i guess it is latest version otherwise?

1 minute ago, Zaflis said:

What do you mean? This is the first time in current save that i installed the mod, but i don't know about the rock, where is it? I went in the Whiterun temple and she doesn't have any new dialog options, so i don't know where to go on. I see Laura has the chastity quest and it's configurable in MCM, so i guess it is latest version otherwise?

After "Is there something I can do for you?", there should be the option: "I want to help you with the shop".

I just did some testing myself and I found no issues starting the quest.

Can you do something for me?

Open your consolse and type: 

GetStage Laura_AStrangeRockQuest

GetStage.JPG.94fd269f63605d94a5d8162ef1fb4c31.JPG

You'll get the quest stage number like the screenshot above. I would like to know the stage number you get.

Also, please post your papyrus log.

7 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

After "Is there something I can do for you?", there should be the option: "I want to help you with the shop".

Yes, i get dialog up to this:

quest.jpg.29fa5ac4b55aa65b69120707447398df.jpg

But it doesn't start a quest in my journal. I did also reinstall the mod, forcing MO to make a complete replacement of the existing files. The GetStage results 0 the same way as your screenshot. I don't have Papyrus logging enabled right now, i've only had bad experiences with it in the past, with it reporting nothing useful to any mod issues. Most things that matter are never logged. Maybe i enable it some point again...

4 minutes ago, jigwigigx said:

Yeah, but which one? There's loads on the page and I have no idea which one to watch first.

I suggest watching most of them, especially the basics.

I found that understanding how the CK and the game works is really important.

But this is the one where he explains the dialogue:

Spoiler

Putting an item in a chest is easy.

You have to double click the container in the render window. You'll see a window open.

Then drag the thing you want from the Object Window into the containers Item List.

10 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm now brainstorming for the next update and I want to use the jailcell too.

I was thinking of having the option to make money by letting her lock you in there or as a punishment.

Having customers come in and use restraints on you could be a nice way to keep it interesting.

Yes, a jail cell in a bondage shop has a lot of potential to be "hot" as you said, if done right.  I like the display model idea.  If you add more quests, being locked up could be a punishment for failure or finishing late.  I'm not actually a fan though of using it as a punishment for stealing something in the shop.  Compared to the display model idea it seems a bit artificial, too limited (the player would have to intentionally get caught and only in the shop).  You might borrow a concept from SLUTS, a "rehabilitation program" or the like as an alternate method for paying off a Whiterun bounty, which is fairly generic and flexible since it would apply to any crime committed anywhere in the hold. 

As a suggestion, it would be interesting to have additional options for Locked Away, for set amounts of time,  It would still be a voluntary agreement, but the player would select from several choices of duration and would not be set free early, in exchange for a higher rate of pay, possibly even with a "Laura's Choice" random duration.  It's more fun when the player has less control. 

Another suggestion, it's cosmetic but that cell looks very easy to climb out of.  A simple roof section over it would complete the look. 

4 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

But it doesn't start a quest in my journal. I did also reinstall the mod, forcing MO to make a complete replacement of the existing files. The GetStage results 0 the same way as your screenshot. I don't have Papyrus logging enabled right now, i've only had bad experiences with it in the past, with it reporting nothing useful to any mod issues. Most things that matter are never logged. Maybe i enable it some point again...

A papyrus log can be vital in solving a script related issue. I suggest enabling it again, especially in this case. And please post it here.

The script Laura_ASR_Start.pex is used when the dialogue ends. That's the script starting the quest, make sure you have it in the scripts folder.

The person you responded too earlier had the same issue, he was likely missing this script because his installation wasn't complete.

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

A papyrus log can be vital in solving a script related issue...

If you want to check, sure. This seems to be time-wise where loading game was finished, i talked the dialog with Laura, saved game and quit:

[10/13/2018 - 01:48:14AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (07042D62)>]: finished maintenance
[10/13/2018 - 01:48:33AM] DDH CheckAddedItems left 0 on the list.
[10/13/2018 - 01:48:37AM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0704290F)>]: Jinna got 6 exposure for 
[10/13/2018 - 01:49:00AM] VM is freezing...
[10/13/2018 - 01:49:00AM] VM is frozen
[10/13/2018 - 01:49:02AM] Saving game...

I mean, trace and all that is enabled in skyrim.ini. There was a ton of errors for Maria Eden and game even crashed once on load, but i reported that in the other thread too.

And yes the Laura_ASR_Start.pex file was installed.

Papyrus.0.zip

Well, there was this:

[10/13/2018 - 01:47:52AM] ERROR: Unable to bind script TIF__070069E9 to topic info 540069E9 on quest LauraShopDialog (54006491) because their base types do not match

Looking some guide, this is a known fix: "This error is caused by a script extending one type but being used on an incorrect type. In this particular instance, DLC2WaterScript incorrectly extended ObjectReference when it should have extended ReferenceAlias.".

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4129-skyrim-interpreting-papyrus-log-errors/

10 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Yes, a jail cell in a bondage shop has a lot of potential to be "hot" as you said, if done right.  I like the display model idea.  If you add more quests, being locked up could be a punishment for failure or finishing late.  I'm not actually a fan though of using it as a punishment for stealing something in the shop.  Compared to the display model idea it seems a bit artificial, too limited (the player would have to intentionally get caught and only in the shop).  You might borrow a concept from SLUTS, a "rehabilitation program" or the like as an alternate method for paying off a Whiterun bounty, which is fairly generic and flexible since it would apply to any crime committed anywhere in the hold. 

As a suggestion, it would be interesting to have additional options for Locked Away, for set amounts of time,  It would still be a voluntary agreement, but the player would select from several choices of duration and would not be set free early, in exchange for a higher rate of pay, possibly even with a "Laura's Choice" random duration.  It's more fun when the player has less control. 

Another suggestion, it's cosmetic but that cell looks very easy to climb out of.  A simple roof section over it would complete the look. 

I'm also not a big fan of the punishment idea. What I did a lot in CDS was failing jobs on purpose to get the punishments because I liked them so much.

I want getting locked in the jailcell to be a choice.

I'll have to think of other ways to punish the player or I could have a different punishment version with the jailcell.

3 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

the author of DEC just put out an update making it so laura and her bodyguard wont be chosen to approach the player for sex anymore.

That's good news. Thanks for letting me know.

10 hours ago, Zaflis said:

If you want to check, sure. This seems to be time-wise where loading game was finished, i talked the dialog with Laura, saved game and quit:

[10/13/2018 - 01:48:14AM] [slamainscr <sla_Main (07042D62)>]: finished maintenance
[10/13/2018 - 01:48:33AM] DDH CheckAddedItems left 0 on the list.
[10/13/2018 - 01:48:37AM] [slaUtilScr <sla_Framework (0704290F)>]: Jinna got 6 exposure for 
[10/13/2018 - 01:49:00AM] VM is freezing...
[10/13/2018 - 01:49:00AM] VM is frozen
[10/13/2018 - 01:49:02AM] Saving game...

I mean, trace and all that is enabled in skyrim.ini. There was a ton of errors for Maria Eden and game even crashed once on load, but i reported that in the other thread too.

And yes the Laura_ASR_Start.pex file was installed.

Papyrus.0.zip

Well, there was this:

[10/13/2018 - 01:47:52AM] ERROR: Unable to bind script TIF__070069E9 to topic info 540069E9 on quest LauraShopDialog (54006491) because their base types do not match

Looking some guide, this is a known fix: "This error is caused by a script extending one type but being used on an incorrect type. In this particular instance, DLC2WaterScript incorrectly extended ObjectReference when it should have extended ReferenceAlias.".

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4129-skyrim-interpreting-papyrus-log-errors/

I looked at the link and searched the web. But I don't know what I did wrong.

The script extentions work the same as the ones from CDS and the Locked Away quest also uses the same method, which you said does work for you.

If I really messed up the script, everyone would have had the same issue.

And the Maria Eden errors and the CTD you noticed could mean that there is more going on in your game.

The Papyrus error about the TIF script is a weird one to me.

It shouldn't want to use a TIF script because I renamed them all. It seems your game didn't correctly load my mod.

Try placing my mod higher in the load order. It's likely that other mods loaded before mine are having issues with loading in your game. Causing issues with the mods loaded after them.

An idea for the cell that still makes it a punishment but part of a quest, perhaps on a future quest you're sent after someone who did something to Laura (stole from the shop for example) You're supposed to capture them and bring them back, but they get the better of you and capture you, only the items Laura gave you include a hood, so she dosen't know it's you at first when the woman in question gets a friend to drop you off at the store and so the player ends up being the one in the cell, at least until Laura realises it's you.   

1 hour ago, pikachu345 said:

An idea for the cell that still makes it a punishment but part of a quest, perhaps on a future quest you're sent after someone who did something to Laura (stole from the shop for example) You're supposed to capture them and bring them back, but they get the better of you and capture you, only the items Laura gave you include a hood, so she dosen't know it's you at first when the woman in question gets a friend to drop you off at the store and so the player ends up being the one in the cell, at least until Laura realises it's you.   

This is really good, I like it a lot.

This could a nice way to introduce the jailcell and a nice first step towards making larger scenes.

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

And the Maria Eden errors and the CTD you noticed could mean that there is more going on in your game.

Try placing my mod higher in the load order. It's likely that other mods loaded before mine are having issues with loading in your game. Causing issues with the mods loaded after them.

I disabled few mods like Deviously helpless and the Maria and then started a new game. I was able to finish the quest that time. I don't understand Skyrim's problems sometimes... One of the most unstable games in the world, but yet so good.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:40 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm now brainstorming for the next update and I want to use the jailcell too.

I was thinking of having the option to make money by letting her lock you in there or as a punishment.

Having customers come in and use restraints on you could be a nice way to keep it interesting.

I would have to learn how to make and use Scenes. I haven't made one yet but, I think I know how they work and I can always ask around.

I don't know if the jailcell will be used in the next update, but I'll definitely do something with it eventually.

The cell could be used as temporary lodging before the player can buy a house, I found myself using the basement in CDS in much the same way. Of course, the player has to wear a set of restraints for the duration (ones that won't affect sleeping), and the door will be locked until morning (or for 10 hours after entering). Everything should be explained before the player agrees or disagrees.

Another option is to use the cell to implement a "time out" system for the chastity belt. Laura can remove the belt without resetting the timer by replacing it with a yoke, but the player must stay in the cell until the belt is swapped back on again. 

42 minutes ago, Renfrya said:

The cell could be used as temporary lodging before the player can buy a house, I found myself using the basement in CDS in much the same way. Of course, the player has to wear a set of restraints for the duration (ones that won't affect sleeping), and the door will be locked until morning (or for 10 hours after entering). Everything should be explained before the player agrees or disagrees.

Another option is to use the cell to implement a "time out" system for the chastity belt. Laura can remove the belt without resetting the timer by replacing it with a yoke, but the player must stay in the cell until the belt is swapped back on again. 

I don't know if I can make that interesting, but I like the idea.

Maybe I'll do something like that with another jailcell.

58 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I disabled few mods like Deviously helpless and the Maria and then started a new game. I was able to finish the quest that time. I don't understand Skyrim's problems sometimes... One of the most unstable games in the world, but yet so good.

Skyrim is still a weird one.

This one makes sense though, the mods are loaded one at the time following the loadorder.

The thing that starts that quest is also just a script. It's a small one with about 3 lines using only 3 non-custom functions, but I still has to wait for the others to load.

The problem was that the ones loaded before mine were probably on fire or something.

had an idea for a quest, possibly repeatable, the quest would be that you become lauras slave, for 2 hours max in game. and for doing that you would be paid for it.  there wouldnt be any sex, unless if you wanted to add that in as an optional feature. it would be mostly laura playing dress the dragonborn in different restraints for a period of time and she could have you clean things in the shop. the wait feature would have to be setup to not effect the timer. it could also have her bodyguard be involved where laura asks her what she thinks of the look, and receive an answer saying it looks good, or it could be better.

it could also lead into a story of lauras and her bodyguards relationship.

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Lovely little mod you got there, I'm looking forward for new updates. If you allow me a small suggestion, the return dialogue for the "Locked Away" quest feels a little bland, and doesn't seem to fit Laura's playfull and kinky personality. I would suggest something like:

Player: "About the belt.."

Laura: "Oh, are you back already? So how has it been?"

Player (a): "It's very distracting, it keeps me horny and frustrated all the time."

Player (b): "It has been.. great. - ahh - but I'm afraid that I just can't.. - oh God - Could you release me now p-please?"

Player (c): "It's maddening! - sob - I can't stand it anymore!!"

Laura (a): "Isn't it great? I think you should stay locked for a few more days to get the full experience, what do you say?"

Laura (b): "Why so fast? Are you having any problem?

Laura (c): "Oh poor little thing.. Alright, let me get you out then."

Player (b1): "I keep trying to get the belt off, or running my hands under it all the time"

Laura: "If that is the case, I may have something to help you with, now turn around and press your arms together behind your back.."

Player (b2): "I cannot stop moaning, it's very embarrassing!"

Laura: "Don't worry, we can solve that, now open your mouth as wide as you can.."

Player (b3): "I keep stumbling around, I can't concentrate."

Laura: "You just need a little training. Have you ever walked in high heels? Let's try something.."

It can be consensual, but at the same time playful and fun. What do you think?

I just tried this out and so far everything is working very well. I wore her belt for a while, got the rock, made some purchases, all with no hiccups.

The only thing I noticed that bothered me, and this is minor and may only be me, but I'd like to see the conversations go back to the choices instead of having to start the entire conversation over again. Like when you ask her questions about where she gets them, you can't go right back to purchase something. You get exited or have to exit, then need to talk to her again and choose another option.

Like I said, minor, just something that could make things go a little smoother as a player.

Overall though, I like the direction you are going and you are doing a great job so far. I'm looking forward to more.

22 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I had the same problem, quest worked on a new save but not on an existing one. The quest probably doesn't start because it fails to fill a required alias.

Make sure npc's Adrianne and Eorlund are still alive.

I also had to modify the esp in creation kit and set the "Allow Reserved" property for the quest aliases Adrianne and Eorlund on the quest Laura_AStrangeRockQuest. See https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Quest_Alias_Tab