Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 minutes ago, TWX45G said:

I had the same problem, quest worked on a new save but not on an existing one. The quest probably doesn't start because it fails to fill a required alias.

Make sure npc's Adrianne and Eorlund are still alive.

I deemed it was just my broken save that was the issue. I had other issues in the past, such as all npcs being frozen in place. Not even followers were moving with me. It only happened twice and never afterwards. The Horrible Harrassment mod broke some point too, as i could just bump anyone at full speed for no consequences. But now that you mention it, Adrianne and Eorlund were gone after the Whiterun war. I resurrected them in the crypt, and Adrianne was then working at the forge as usual and Eorlund inside the house. This all happened long before i had this bondage shop. But for the most part i was able to play it for hours and hours stably. Still, i keep having to restart game because i again reached the point where i'm just rich and all major quests are done etc. Had all the player houses for example. Game is at its best on a new character and alternate start is fun mod. You want to use the devious ways to make profit to get on your feet.

Giggity! I just found this thread and instantly thought this should be a simple slavery outcome. Player gets tossed in the cell and gets a stern talking to from shop owner then first customer strolls in and bangs a tied up player. This just kinda goes on and on using npcs from nearby whiterun. You could do what maria eden mod does and make a copy of the original npcs so it doesn't screw up the game. Eventually the player is sold to one of the npc customers as a fuck toy for their amusement. There could be a chance for one of the player housecarls to come along and buy the player from the shop to save them but the price is being a fuck toy for the housecarl for a while.

Forgot to say also if you could at some point work in the contents of the display model mod so the player gets put on display in one of those furnitures and npcs come in and grope them or bang them and then put the player back on display. Maybe player and follower stuck in there at the same time too. If the npc buys the player from the shop they stick the player in the furniture at their own home while not in use. To avoid the usual "your not supposed to be in here" problem stick the player and the furniture outside the owner npc home near their front door so everyone knows who owns the player.

16 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

had an idea for a quest, possibly repeatable, the quest would be that you become lauras slave, for 2 hours max in game. and for doing that you would be paid for it.  there wouldnt be any sex, unless if you wanted to add that in as an optional feature. it would be mostly laura playing dress the dragonborn in different restraints for a period of time and she could have you clean things in the shop. the wait feature would have to be setup to not effect the timer. it could also have her bodyguard be involved where laura asks her what she thinks of the look, and receive an answer saying it looks good, or it could be better.

it could also lead into a story of lauras and her bodyguards relationship.

That's a good one, I have something like that in mind like that for the jailcell.

14 hours ago, zenetx said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Lovely little mod you got there, I'm looking forward for new updates. If you allow me a small suggestion, the return dialogue for the "Locked Away" quest feels a little bland, and doesn't seem to fit Laura's playfull and kinky personality. I would suggest something like:

Player: "About the belt.."

Laura: "Oh, are you back already? So how has it been?"

Player (a): "It's very distracting, it keeps me horny and frustrated all the time."

Player (b): "It has been.. great. - ahh - but I'm afraid that I just can't.. - oh God - Could you release me now p-please?"

Player (c): "It's maddening! - sob - I can't stand it anymore!!"

Laura (a): "Isn't it great? I think you should stay locked for a few more days to get the full experience, what do you say?"

Laura (b): "Why so fast? Are you having any problem?

Laura (c): "Oh poor little thing.. Alright, let me get you out then."

Player (b1): "I keep trying to get the belt off, or running my hands under it all the time"

Laura: "If that is the case, I may have something to help you with, now turn around and press your arms together behind your back.."

Player (b2): "I cannot stop moaning, it's very embarrassing!"

Laura: "Don't worry, we can solve that, now open your mouth as wide as you can.."

Player (b3): "I keep stumbling around, I can't concentrate."

Laura: "You just need a little training. Have you ever walked in high heels? Let's try something.."

It can be consensual, but at the same time playful and fun. What do you think?

I thought the Locked Away quest was missing something.

Something like this could be nice.

13 hours ago, sfeile said:

I just tried this out and so far everything is working very well. I wore her belt for a while, got the rock, made some purchases, all with no hiccups.

The only thing I noticed that bothered me, and this is minor and may only be me, but I'd like to see the conversations go back to the choices instead of having to start the entire conversation over again. Like when you ask her questions about where she gets them, you can't go right back to purchase something. You get exited or have to exit, then need to talk to her again and choose another option.

Like I said, minor, just something that could make things go a little smoother as a player.

Overall though, I like the direction you are going and you are doing a great job so far. I'm looking forward to more.

I know what you mean, this should be easy to fix. I'll take a look at it.

12 hours ago, TWX45G said:

I had the same problem, quest worked on a new save but not on an existing one. The quest probably doesn't start because it fails to fill a required alias.

Make sure npc's Adrianne and Eorlund are still alive.

I also had to modify the esp in creation kit and set the "Allow Reserved" property for the quest aliases Adrianne and Eorlund on the quest Laura_AStrangeRockQuest. See https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Quest_Alias_Tab

I didn't know about this. I was suprised how little issues you guys found, especially because it's my first quest.

I just checked, I see Vel and Kimy sometimes use it in their mods. But they only seem to sometimes use it for their custom NPCs.

There must be a reason why they did that.

Does using "Allow Reserved" have downsides?

I could ask them, but you also seem to know your stuff.

12 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I deemed it was just my broken save that was the issue. I had other issues in the past, such as all npcs being frozen in place. Not even followers were moving with me. It only happened twice and never afterwards. The Horrible Harrassment mod broke some point too, as i could just bump anyone at full speed for no consequences. But now that you mention it, Adrianne and Eorlund were gone after the Whiterun war. I resurrected them in the crypt, and Adrianne was then working at the forge as usual and Eorlund inside the house. This all happened long before i had this bondage shop. But for the most part i was able to play it for hours and hours stably. Still, i keep having to restart game because i again reached the point where i'm just rich and all major quests are done etc. Had all the player houses for example. Game is at its best on a new character and alternate start is fun mod. You want to use the devious ways to make profit to get on your feet.

I tested everything with old broken saves, old saves and new saves.

I never encountered that issue myself.

I did see Kimy and Vel sometimes reserve their custom NPCs, but not existing NPCs.

The others that had this issue seemed to have an unstable game and they fixed this by solving it on their end.

18 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Giggity! I just found this thread and instantly thought this should be a simple slavery outcome. Player gets tossed in the cell and gets a stern talking to from shop owner then first customer strolls in and bangs a tied up player. This just kinda goes on and on using npcs from nearby whiterun. You could do what maria eden mod does and make a copy of the original npcs so it doesn't screw up the game. Eventually the player is sold to one of the npc customers as a fuck toy for their amusement. There could be a chance for one of the player housecarls to come along and buy the player from the shop to save them but the price is being a fuck toy for the housecarl for a while.

16 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Forgot to say also if you could at some point work in the contents of the display model mod so the player gets put on display in one of those furnitures and npcs come in and grope them or bang them and then put the player back on display. Maybe player and follower stuck in there at the same time too. If the npc buys the player from the shop they stick the player in the furniture at their own home while not in use. To avoid the usual "your not supposed to be in here" problem stick the player and the furniture outside the owner npc home near their front door so everyone knows who owns the player.

Making this an alternate start option is beyond what I can do right now.

Having Laura be a cruel domme also won't fit her I think.

But being on display with an npc putting restraints on you is something I'm planning to do.

I'm also holding off on using furniture right now. I'm waiting for Devious Devices Furniture.

40 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I just checked, I see Vel and Kimy sometimes use it in their mods. But they only seem to sometimes use it for their custom NPCs.

There must be a reason why they did that.

Does using "Allow Reserved" have downsides?

I could ask them, but you also seem to know your stuff. 

I can't claim to be an expert on CK, but as far as I can tell the "Allow Reserved" flag should not cause any issues. It's purpose is to allow the alias to be filled even if another quest has used the "Reserves Reference" flag for the same reference (NPC in this case). I my case I found that by setting the aliases for Adrianne and Eorlund to optional, the quest would start but obviously not complete, so the problem had to do with filling either of those aliases. Since the quest worked on a new save but not on an existing one I suspected that one or more of the 200+ mods I have installed interfered with aliases.

Reading up on the CK docs on aliases I found that aliases may fail to fill if another quest has reserved the reference. Checking a few standard game quests I found that Bethesda had used the "Allow Reserved" flag on quite a few npc aliases. After modifying the Laure_AStrangeRockQuest and adding the "Allow Reserved" flag on quest aliases, the quest would successfully start, and could be completed.

As for using the "Allow Reserved" on your custom NPCs, it might be a good idea to use the flag on their aliases as well, if you're planning to add more quests that might be active simultaneously (especially if any of them use the "Reserve Reference" flag) or to avoid possible conflicts with other mods that might reserve the reference of any nearby npc.

59 minutes ago, TWX45G said:

I can't claim to be an expert on CK, but as far as I can tell the "Allow Reserved" flag should not cause any issues. It's purpose is to allow the alias to be filled even if another quest has used the "Reserves Reference" flag for the same reference (NPC in this case). I my case I found that by setting the aliases for Adrianne and Eorlund to optional, the quest would start but obviously not complete, so the problem had to do with filling either of those aliases. Since the quest worked on a new save but not on an existing one I suspected that one or more of the 200+ mods I have installed interfered with aliases.

Reading up on the CK docs on aliases I found that aliases may fail to fill if another quest has reserved the reference. Checking a few standard game quests I found that Bethesda had used the "Allow Reserved" flag on quite a few npc aliases. After modifying the Laure_AStrangeRockQuest and adding the "Allow Reserved" flag on quest aliases, the quest would successfully start, and could be completed.

As for using the "Allow Reserved" on your custom NPCs, it might be a good idea to use the flag on their aliases as well, if you're planning to add more quests that might be active simultaneously (especially if any of them use the "Reserve Reference" flag) or to avoid possible conflicts with other mods that might reserve the reference of any nearby npc.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I didn't know other quests took NPC aliases away from other quests.

I'll change it for the next update.

IDEA

Have some of the restraints around the shop be able to be activated, and then you feel...overcome by a feel of adventure and click them on yourself, a fade-to-black with a text box describing the scene and then Laura and/or her guard notice the self-bound adventurer.

Of course, mischief of some kind follows...

39 minutes ago, Jayleia said:

IDEA

Have some of the restraints around the shop be able to be activated, and then you feel...overcome by a feel of adventure and click them on yourself, a fade-to-black with a text box describing the scene and then Laura and/or her guard notice the self-bound adventurer.

Of course, mischief of some kind follows...

That's a good one. You're also not the only one that wants something like that, others suggested something similar.

I have something like that planned for the next update, but it's not feature frozen yet.

2 minutes ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

when entering the shop on one occasion i noticed laura looking towards a wall and her head tracking something, i did a tcl command to see what it was, and found a bird flying next to the wall. was kinda weird to see it that close

That's actually pretty funny.

It's strange that your game spawned a bird in an interior cell.

Do you have a mod that does something to birds?

1 minute ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's actually pretty funny.

Do you have a mod that does something to birds?

no, i passed through the wall and didnt see any ground, but there was a bird flying by. the game might have hiccuped and spawned the bird.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I've never heard of this happening in the game either.  But I remember the image posted here a few days ago by AkiKay where Laura was staring at something up above, so out of curiosity I opened the mod to take a look.  I didn't see anything that would cause a bird to spawn, but I noticed that the downstairs bed is Anoriath's bed (presumably copied from the Drunken Huntsman).  Not sure if that would cause a problem later.  Or perhaps he's a frequent visitor?  So this is where you go when you're out "hunting", Anoriath! 

In the end I concluded that the shop is possibly haunted and Laura is watching a ghost.  Or having a delusion.  Either would be the good basis for a story.  :) 

I really like the idea of Laura having the option for player housing of the kinky variety. In exchange for a basement level that has a bed, some crafting options, a bathtub, an item chest, and maybe some devious furniture, Laura will equip the player with a variety of items. Perhaps a rubber or steel equipment set, chastity belt optional (or maybe not!). These items shouldn't directly interfere with adventuring (like blindfolds, armbinder, a full slave chain set, etc.). Perhaps the player can request item removal in exchange for being locked inside the room for an hour? At the end of the "lease" (at the player's option), Laura will remove all the items that are hers and lock the door to the basement. There's a bunch of opportunity here for alternate options, too. Maybe in exchange for the room, Laura will ask the PC to make a delivery, try on an outfit, advertise to at least 3 people in a day, coach an NPC in how to wear restraints by wearing them themselves (I like the quest in CDS where the PC takes a positive teaching role in teaching Elisif the ins and outs of restraints), etc.

15 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

no, i passed through the wall and didnt see any ground, but there was a bird flying by. the game might have hiccuped and spawned the bird.

That's weird.

During the testing I entered the shop about 60 times, ~2 of those times I noticed that the music from outside was playing over the music you get inside.

There is something fishy going on.

12 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I've never heard of this happening in the game either.  But I remember the image posted here a few days ago by AkiKay where Laura was staring at something up above, so out of curiosity I opened the mod to take a look.  I didn't see anything that would cause a bird to spawn, but I noticed that the downstairs bed is Anoriath's bed (presumably copied from the Drunken Huntsman).  Not sure if that would cause a problem later.  Or perhaps he's a frequent visitor?  So this is where you go when you're out "hunting", Anoriath! 

In the end I concluded that the shop is possibly haunted and Laura is watching a ghost.  Or having a delusion.  Either would be the good basis for a story.  :) 

It could be a nice story. Maybe the rock brought a curse?

But I still want to figure out what's really going on.

5 hours ago, SiegfreidZ said:

I really like the idea of Laura having the option for player housing of the kinky variety. In exchange for a basement level that has a bed, some crafting options, a bathtub, an item chest, and maybe some devious furniture, Laura will equip the player with a variety of items. Perhaps a rubber or steel equipment set, chastity belt optional (or maybe not!). These items shouldn't directly interfere with adventuring (like blindfolds, armbinder, a full slave chain set, etc.). Perhaps the player can request item removal in exchange for being locked inside the room for an hour? At the end of the "lease" (at the player's option), Laura will remove all the items that are hers and lock the door to the basement. There's a bunch of opportunity here for alternate options, too. Maybe in exchange for the room, Laura will ask the PC to make a delivery, try on an outfit, advertise to at least 3 people in a day, coach an NPC in how to wear restraints by wearing them themselves (I like the quest in CDS where the PC takes a positive teaching role in teaching Elisif the ins and outs of restraints), etc.

I like that idea too, but I'm ready to make something like that yet. I'm also waiting for DD furniture.

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

A little idea: Fix prices for keys are as boring as simply people helping a woman with no intention whatsoever ... so why don't tangle that?

For the keys: maybe give the possibility to set a base amount and a factor. Then multiply the base amount with the factor and the amount of already sold keys and add this number on top of the base amount for the next key.

Example: Base amount 2500 gold, factor 0.2 and you want to buy your 8th key (7 already sold) -> 2500 + 2500 * 0.2 * 7 = 2500 + 3500 = 6000 gold to get the 8th key.

Next, and this could be tangled to the key price, maybe those suggested collecting or advertising quests could reduce the price of keys again. So if you collect certain things, the factor may shrink. If you sell items for the shop, Laura will "forget" about some keys she already sold to you, or sth like that. Of course, this shouldn't be too easy, so maybe you have to collect sth rare (eg. fire salts for a new nasty type of plug?) or you get a full set of restraints on you and only when you sell all of them off you instead of giving up one key will be forgotten/credited.

Like this, you have to work for the shop to keep the prices of keys low or you soon will have to pay a huge amunt of gold for each key ;)

i have had dragons attack sollitude while i was inside the city itself. it is the only city that has happened in, so seeing a bird when clipping through the wall isnt that hard to believe could happen.

Spoiler

1A4FFA0B052786AACE4FC566301A69DC6B7AC7F4

this was on mostly a vanilla game, only mod i had installed was better vampires, when this dragon attacked solittude and i was around lvl 50 as well.

11 hours ago, Mister X said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

A little idea: Fix prices for keys are as boring as simply people helping a woman with no intention whatsoever ... so why don't tangle that?

For the keys: maybe give the possibility to set a base amount and a factor. Then multiply the base amount with the factor and the amount of already sold keys and add this number on top of the base amount for the next key.

Example: Base amount 2500 gold, factor 0.2 and you want to buy your 8th key (7 already sold) -> 2500 + 2500 * 0.2 * 7 = 2500 + 3500 = 6000 gold to get the 8th key.

Next, and this could be tangled to the key price, maybe those suggested collecting or advertising quests could reduce the price of keys again. So if you collect certain things, the factor may shrink. If you sell items for the shop, Laura will "forget" about some keys she already sold to you, or sth like that. Of course, this shouldn't be too easy, so maybe you have to collect sth rare (eg. fire salts for a new nasty type of plug?) or you get a full set of restraints on you and only when you sell all of them off you instead of giving up one key will be forgotten/credited.

Like this, you have to work for the shop to keep the prices of keys low or you soon will have to pay a huge amunt of gold for each key ;)

I wanted to do something things with the key prices, but I use dialogue conditions to check if the player has enough gold. So that limits my options.

I think I can use globals for this. I could calculate the globals before the conditions are checked.

But it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I'll keep trying.

When I have that figured out, I plan to do something with quests that affect the key prices. Maybe something like you said. I'll put it in the notes.

I have some quests and scenes I want to make first.

4 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

i have had dragons attack sollitude while i was inside the city itself. it is the only city that has happened in, so seeing a bird when clipping through the wall isnt that hard to believe could happen.

Reveal hidden contents

1A4FFA0B052786AACE4FC566301A69DC6B7AC7F4

this was on mostly a vanilla game, only mod i had installed was better vampires, when this dragon attacked solittude and i was around lvl 50 as well.

I forgot about the dragons in the cities. I guess my mod isn't to blame. It's probably just Skyrim being Skyrim.

I had the bug where dragons would spawn in cities a while back. And the dragon corpse would keep falling infront of me everytime I fast travelled. It scared me everytime.?

19 minutes ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

ot a suggestion for the locked away quest. when you talk laura about the belt there should be an option to change the plug.

That's a good one. I'm currently overhauling the Locked Away quest and I almost forgot about the plugs.

7 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Hope the next version has more options for jobs. Liked the strange rock quest, not so much for the Locked away do to the passive nature of it. That and the reward was too small even at max settings.

I'm currently working on improving Locked Away and making new quests.

I eventually want to make big repeatable quests.

6 hours ago, Fenroo said:

Ooh. That got my attention!  ?

?

2 hours ago, OddPillow4 said:

When I walked into the shop, I couldn't see Laura except her head and 2 arms and feet. I think that might be a problem with the suit she was wearing, did I do something wrong? can you help?

She's wearing the Black Ebonite Catsuit from Devious Devices Expansion. It being invisible means you probably forgot to build it with bodyslide.