13 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I found a bug where dead NPCs are selected as Actors during AAF scene when you choose the companion option so i thought maybe adding "GetDead == 0 under follower match conditions" but it doesn't change anything if you kill the follower after NPC has surrendered, then i attached a little script to follower with "Event OnDeath / Follower.Clear()" but that obviously removed all followers (no more companion option).

If you saw the comments on discord, "Spicydoritos" suggested the same solution as yours with runaway ("RefCollectionAlias") but i didn't try it yet.

Interesting.  I guess I never tried that.  I think the best way to handle it is to stop and start the FPV_Follower0 quest when the player greets a downed enemy.  I will look into doing that.  Thanks for reporting this.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Interesting.  I guess I never tried that.  I think the best way to handle it is to stop and start the FPV_Follower0 quest when the player greets a downed enemy.  I will look into doing that.  Thanks for reporting this.

Yep didn't think of that 

1 hour ago, qualcheduna said:

Hello,

I have encountered a problem using this mod that I don't seem to be able to fix by myself.

My character surrenders to on one of the Forged, the flamey raiders, or the Gunners and the scene works fine. After the timer the aggressors go back to be hostile. Everything good.

The problem is that now all raiders and gunners are non hostile, except for the aggressors. If I go to a nearby gunner/raider camp they just stand there and don't attack me on sight.

If I bash one of them with my weapon, only that NPC will become hostile to me.

If I pickpocket one, only that one will become hostile to me.

If I shoot one and i am not directly next to them, nothing happens.

I tried closing the game and reloadin, nothing.

I tried removing my self from raider/gunner factions and setting player faction and raider/gunner factions enemy, nothing.

I tried disabling/enabling NPCs, nothing.

I tried disabling the ai and re-enabling it, nothing.

I tried loading an earlier save and re-doing the part, same result.

Sometimes when I approach a camp it seems like they unsheath their weapons, but then put them back. I don't understand what to do.

I have all the requirements correctly installed.

Of the supported 3rd party mods I have everything except Raider Pet, CombatStrip and Human Resources, because these 3 do not interest me.

The only mod that I have installed that modifies raiders is "Raider Children and Other Horrors of the Commonwealth" from nexusmods.

Thank you for the mod and the help.

Didn't surrender to anyone yet because i'm playing a male character but what you are describing never happened to me with previous releases.

I also never installed "Raider Children and Other Horrors of the Commonwealth", so in the meanwhile, try disabling that mod, roll back to a previous save (one without that mod) and test again. 

3 hours ago, Slorm said:

I did some tests with Raiders with the Health threshold set at 5 (tried 0 but that breaks the game in that surrender never happens). If the raiders get the pc in the range of 1 - 5 HP the surrender kicks in normally but if the pc is killed she ragdolls then gets up with a full health bar and the Raiders attack again.

I think it's the logic of the routine, where at zero HP the pc is given full health again so the fight keeps going on and on until they get her to 1 - 5 HP range.

I'd suggest maybe just increasing HP to 5 (similar to CSL) after ragdolling which will always invoke the surrender routine rather than full HP as the lowest functioning threshold is 5 on the health threshold scale.

I can't quite reproduce your issue, but I found a different bug while trying to reproduce it.  If you have the health threshold set above zero, and you are killed by enemies that are not allowed to be aggressors, you will not die and instead get up again, as if the "Essential Player can Die" option is Off.  I know what the problem is there, I just need to fix it.

In my testing, setting the health threshold at zero worked fine every time, though.

31 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

I can't quite reproduce your issue, but I found a different bug while trying to reproduce it.  If you have the health threshold set above zero, and you are killed by enemies that are not allowed to be aggressors, you will not die and instead get up again, as if the "Essential Player can Die" option is Off.  I know what the problem is there, I just need to fix it.

In my testing, setting the health threshold at zero worked fine every time, though.

Thanks for checking into it. I'm wondering if it's caused because CSL invulnerability has kicked in a couple of times in my game and it's odd that turning it off kills the pc. I've have a vague memory of something similar in Skyrim but I'm damned if I can remember what it was.

I'll check it out tomorrow by grabbing an old save off last weeks disk image and try that out (actually, better go back a fortnight in case it was running last week) Edit: Ahh yes, it would have been on the 11th

Edited by Slorm
32 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Thanks for checking into it. I'm wondering if it's caused because CSL invulnerability has kicked in a couple of times in my game and it's odd that turning it off kills the pc. I've have a vague memory of something similar in Skyrim but I'm damned if I can remember what it was.

Well, I checked and CSL implements essential player the right way, i.e. by using a referencealias rather than by the setessential() call.  So enabling and then disabling it in CSL should not have any permanent effects.  However, I am not completely sure what happens if the two essential settings overlap, i.e. if you enable essential player in both mods and then turn it off in one mod.  So to be sure I would disable it in both, then enable it in Violate.

Edited by EgoBallistic
3 hours ago, qualcheduna said:

The problem is that now all raiders and gunners are non hostile, except for the aggressors. If I go to a nearby gunner/raider camp they just stand there and don't attack me on sight.

Is that happening with any other enemies, or only with Raiders and Gunners?

The only thing like this I have seen is when the player is robbed of all weapons and Raider Pet automatically puts the player in the Captive faction.  It does that on its own, it isn't necessary for Violate to start up the Raider Pet integration for that to happen.  You can check whether you are in the Captive faction with console commands:

prid 14

getinfaction 3e0c8

If it says 1.00 you are in the captive faction, if it says 0.00 you are not.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

In the meantime, i disabled the condition that prevents the player from having more that one pacified follower so i don't have to kill them when they turn hostile.

Now i feel like having my own unlimited companion mod:

2022-08-19 (1).png

New Version 1.60 Beta 2 released

• Fixed issue where Essential Player might not die when Essential Player Can Die is on and no valid aggressors are found
  • Changed dialogue conditions on FPV_Aggressor so companion dialogue is not available if companion is dead, bleeding out, or in AAF scene
4 hours ago, qualcheduna said:

Hello,

I have encountered a problem using this mod that I don't seem to be able to fix by myself.

My character surrenders to on one of the Forged, the flamey raiders, or the Gunners and the scene works fine. After the timer the aggressors go back to be hostile. Everything good.

If I bash one of them with my weapon, only that NPC will become hostile to me.

If I pickpocket one, only that one will become hostile to me.

If I shoot one and i am not directly next to them, nothing happens.

I tried closing the game and reloadin, nothing.

I tried removing my self from raider/gunner factions and setting player faction and raider/gunner factions enemy, nothing.

I tried disabling/enabling NPCs, nothing.

I tried disabling the ai and re-enabling it, nothing.

I tried loading an earlier save and re-doing the part, same result.

Sometimes when I approach a camp it seems like they unsheath their weapons, but then put them back. I don't understand what to do.

I have all the requirements correctly installed.

Of the supported 3rd party mods I have everything except Raider Pet, CombatStrip and Human Resources, because these 3 do not interest me.

The only mod that I have installed that modifies raiders is "Raider Children and Other Horrors of the Commonwealth" from nexusmods.

Thank you for the mod and the help.

question, did one of the raiders make you pregnant the first time you surrendered? and if so do you have FPER set so that father faction is friendly until birth or forever or something? that could cause the condition you are reporting.

Edited by Oldwolf58
2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Is that happening with any other enemies, or only with Raiders and Gunners?

The only thing like this I have seen is when the player is robbed of all weapons and Raider Pet automatically puts the player in the Captive faction.  It does that on its own, it isn't necessary for Violate to start up the Raider Pet integration for that to happen.  You can check whether you are in the Captive faction with console commands:

prid 14

getinfaction 3e0c8

If it says 1.00 you are in the captive faction, if it says 0.00 you are not.

It happens only with raiders and gunners as far as I can see. I just run past a supermutant group and they were definitely hostile.

I used the commands you said and it returned 0.00 so i am not in the captive faction. I don't think Raider Pet is doing anything because it is not installed (I double checked). I never installed it. Additionally, the chance to trigger raider pet was set to 0 in Violate MCM, just to be sure.

I will try to remove the only mod that, to my knowledge, modifies raiders as suggested by Lee3310. I don't have a save previous to its installation, so I'll start a new game.

Edited by qualcheduna
1 hour ago, Oldwolf58 said:

question, did one of the raiders make you pregnant the first time you surrendered? and if so do you have FPER set so that father faction is friendly until birth or forever or something? that could cause the condition you are reporting.

Sorry, I did not see your message before posting mine.

Yes, it did make my character pregnant and yes, that option was enabled. I disabled it but nothing changed. Tryed waiting a day but nothing.

However, while looking at my character perks I noticed a perk called "New Baby Smell" which i have never seen before. It says that some enemies will not attack me if I have a baby equipped. I unequipped the baby that i was carrying, waited an hour and everyone went back to happily shoot me. 

I am not sure how I got that perk but anyway now the problem is solved.

Thank you everyone who took the time to respond.

Mod is great btw.

hi im new to the modding community and i just finished downloading Violate and downloading everything, i have just downloaded F4SE and the MCM is not showing up and its saying that there is no F4SE,

i have also downloaded quite a bit of 4plays mods and same issue with this as well

4 minutes ago, Kazudatwo said:

hi im new to the modding community and i just finished downloading Violate and downloading everything, i have just downloaded F4SE and the MCM is not showing up and its saying that there is no F4SE,

i have also downloaded quite a bit of 4plays mods and same issue with this as well

Make sure you followed the installation instructions provided with F4SE. In particular, don't forget to install the scripts from it too.

You can use AAF_GFV.exe (get it from Moddingham, same place you get AAF) to check that F4SE, AAF and Themes are correctly installed.

would it be possible to add an option to the NPC surrender checks to only allow the last available NPC to surrender so you can actually do stuff with them? after they surrender mid-combat they tend to go hostile once i start trying to kill the other NPCs still in combat so they end up dying before i can do anything.

10 hours ago, qualcheduna said:

Sorry, I did not see your message before posting mine.

Yes, it did make my character pregnant and yes, that option was enabled. I disabled it but nothing changed. Tryed waiting a day but nothing.

However, while looking at my character perks I noticed a perk called "New Baby Smell" which i have never seen before. It says that some enemies will not attack me if I have a baby equipped. I unequipped the baby that i was carrying, waited an hour and everyone went back to happily shoot me. 

I am not sure how I got that perk but anyway now the problem is solved.

Thank you everyone who took the time to respond.

Mod is great btw.

That perk is part of the FPER set that you get when you get pregnant so that the creatures/raiders/gunners etc know you are carrying one of theirs and won't attack. I leave the faction friendly setting on but equip condoms when ever I'm going up against a group I don't want to get pregnant by. Or I take a contraceptive pill if they get me preggers ;)  I like getting stingwings and guard dogs by letting myself get pregnant by them (being pregnant by stingwings comes in handy for the glowing sea run).  Then I don't have to worry about that group attacking while I'm pregnant plus I don't have to burn condoms to do my prostitution or when I surrender until after the pregnancy runs it's course.

17 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Well, I checked and CSL implements essential player the right way, i.e. by using a referencealias rather than by the setessential() call.  So enabling and then disabling it in CSL should not have any permanent effects.  However, I am not completely sure what happens if the two essential settings overlap, i.e. if you enable essential player in both mods and then turn it off in one mod.  So to be sure I would disable it in both, then enable it in Violate.

Found it :classic_smile:

I think I've got to the bottom of this now and it is a sort of bug and is caused by having Essential Player Can Die switched to OFF

I first tested with an old save from before CSL invulnerability was applied and still had the same problem of coming back with a full set of HP. I went back to a very old save just outside the vault where I add all my mods and it was exactly the same.

Uninstalled and reloaded with v1.59 and was able to die normally.

Reloaded v1.60 beta 1 and tried with Essential Player can die set to ON and it worked correctly. Tested with some bandits with Health Threshold at 0 and that worked as well.

Basically the problem is with the non aggressor routine adding back a full set of HP so is effect overriding or supplanting the Essential Player setting

EDIT: Just tested Beta 2 and that's doing the same

EDIT2: CK is whinging about something in the beta 2 esp, I haven't tried to track it down

MASTERFILE:                File 'AAF_Violate.esp' contains forms which generated warnings on load. Check the EditorWarnings.txt file for <CURRENT> warnings.

Edited by Slorm
1 hour ago, Slorm said:

I think I've got to the bottom of this now and it is a sort of bug and is caused by having Essential Player Can Die switched to OFF

I first tested with an old save from before CSL invulnerability was applied and still had the same problem of coming back with a full set of HP. I went back to a very old save just outside the vault where I add all my mods and it was exactly the same.

Just to make sure I understand - I've gotten a bit lost in the details here - the problem is that when you are fighting, if your health drops to zero you drop into bleedout then come back with full health and don't surrender?  That is the expected behavior if the enemy is not enabled in the Aggressor Settings and Essential Player Can Die is turned Off.  If the enemy is enabled as an aggressor, you should go into bleedout then surrender.

The closest thing to this problem that I have seen is if you are essential and your health drops to exactly zero, you will recover about 25% health rather than dropping into bleedout.  This seems to only occur once per combat, the second time you drop to zero health you go into bleedout right away.  And in all cases if you get knocked below zero by a high damage attack, you will immediately go into bleedout.

Try this and see if it fixes the issue.  Go into console and do:

prid 14

callfunction "actor.setnobleedoutrecovery" 1

When you get knocked into bleedout, you'll have do do the same thing but with a 0 (zero), otherwise you'll stay in bleedout forever.

That's just a test, if it works I might add it to the scripts.

1 hour ago, Slorm said:

EDIT2: CK is whinging about something in the beta 2 esp, I haven't tried to track it down

MASTERFILE:                File 'AAF_Violate.esp' contains forms which generated warnings on load. Check the EditorWarnings.txt file for <CURRENT> warnings.

It's complaining that it can't find the pex file containing the "Overlays" script from LooksMenu.  That's because Violate depends on AAF, AAF depends on LooksMenu, and LooksMenu's pex files are in a BA2.  It's harmless since Violate doesn't use any LooksMenu functions itself.

Edited by EgoBallistic
18 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Just to make sure I understand - I've gotten a bit lost in the details here - the problem is that when you are fighting, if your health drops to zero you drop into bleedout then come back with full health and don't surrender?  That is the expected behavior if the enemy is not enabled in the Aggressor Settings and Essential Player Can Die is turned Off.  If the enemy is enabled as an aggressor, you should go into bleedout then surrender.

This is it exactly, with EPCD switched to off the pc goes into bleedout gets back up with full HP and hostilities resume (tested using Raiders (0003183A).

I tried with prid 14

callfunction "actor.setnobleedoutrecovery" 1

But she just stays in the bleedout pose

I just did some further testing and with beta 2 the essential player doesn't seem to be working correctly at all now with EPCD set to ON. Sometimes she goes into the sitdown bleedout and then gets up and surrenders but in about half a dozen tests she was killed outright and just ragdolled and the save reloaded.

9 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I just did some further testing and with beta 2 the essential player doesn't seem to be working correctly at all now with EPCD set to ON. Sometimes she goes into the sitdown bleedout and then gets up and surrenders but in about half a dozen tests she was killed outright and just ragdolled and the save reloaded.

That's really strange.  Can you enable debug logging and post a script log of that happening?

27 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's really strange.  Can you enable debug logging and post a script log of that happening?

I just went back to beta 1 and that still works as I reported earlier with EPCD ON the pc either surrenders right around 0 HP or goes into sit down bleedout then gets up and surrenders, so it looks like a problem in beta 2

I'll reload beta 2 and get you a log

EDIT:

Here's the log with 3 tests, the first two times it worked correctly (EPCD ON) she went down got up then surrendered, the third time she ragdolled and dies

Papyrus.0.log

I'll get another with EPCD OFF

Here you go

EPCDOFFPapyrus.0.log

Edited by Slorm

I just want to mention I absolutely love the Essential (no die) feature in your mod update. It's friggin' fantastic and works wonderfully.

In the past if I wanted to make a film with UFOs dropping atomic bombs on me or monsters attacking me I had to leave Survival mode to enable god mode. Now I don't have to leave survival mode anymore, and even better I can play as recklessly as I love to do (I die a lot, haha) without having to worry how far back my last save position was, haha. Thanks, EgoBallistic :)

33 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Here's the log with 3 tests, the first two times it worked correctly (EPCD ON) she went down got up then surrendered, the third time she ragdolled and dies

The first 2 tests worked as expected, Violate found aggressors and you surrendered.  In the third test, no suitable enemies were found during surrender.

I am not sure why there were no suitable enemies; when you are in bleedout, if the usual check for enemies produces nothing, it does a fallback check using the last set of enemies it scanned during combat.

Wait.  Do you have Enemy Surrender Chance at zero?  I just realized that the fallback won't populate if that is set to zero.

21 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

The first 2 tests worked as expected, Violate found aggressors and you surrendered.  In the third test, no suitable enemies were found during surrender.

I am not sure why there were no suitable enemies; when you are in bleedout, if the usual check for enemies produces nothing, it does a fallback check using the last set of enemies it scanned during combat.

Wait.  Do you have Enemy Surrender Chance at zero?  I just realized that the fallback won't populate if that is set to zero.

The third test used exactly the same enemies (player.placeatme 3183A 4) it seems to happen fairly often

I always have enemy surrender as 0 as I'm not interested in getting prisoners/slaves

14 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I always have enemy surrender as 0 as I'm not interested in getting prisoners/slaves

OK but that is what is causing you to die instead of surrendering.  When you go into bleedout, everyone stops combat.  Depending on the timing of events, that can cause Violate not to find any aggressors to surrender to.  The fallback I added uses the list of potential surrendered enemies in the aggressor check.  But, that is not being populated because you have that setting at zero.  I have fixed this in the next version, but for now I suggest just setting the aggressor surrender chance to 1%.