6 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

What is the way to disable the collar?

Get close to the NPC and look at her, then use the Real Handcuffs debug menu

11 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

y the way, how does the companion get rid of a tattoo she got about Violate?

That's from Tattoos After Rape.  There is an NPC in the Dugout Inn who will remove them for a fee.

28 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

He also removes tattoos from the companion? Thanks, I didn't know. I'll visit him when I have 2000 caps.

you can always use "slm" on you companion and remove the tats. (it's free)

Edited by lee3310

ok, so that works too. I also found the option in RH.
but neither is immersive. i would prefer an option that fits into the game

PS: maybe my question regarding the collars for Companion has already been answered. i was able to remove heather's collar in the connect without a code. maybe it's the same with all companions.

Edited by deathmorph
33 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

I just recently discovered that it's literally impossible to make this mod work.

That's quite a bold assertion for your first ever post to this forum. How, pray tell, did you arrive at this particular revelation?

1 minute ago, ebbluminous said:

Except for all the pther people it works for...

All I know is that I followed instructions to the letter and it kept dragging me in to more and more conflicting mods. To get this one mod to work, I ended up with about 20+ other mods to maintain stability.

5 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

That's quite a bold assertion for your first ever post to this forum. How, pray tell, did you arrive at this particular revelation?

This mod has dependancies and the mods that support this have dependancies, and on it goes until you find yourself with 20+ mods that all conflict with eachother.

2 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

All I know is that I followed instructions to the letter and it kept dragging me in to more and more conflicting mods. To get this one mod to work, I ended up with about 20+ other mods to maintain stability.

What conflicting mods? You're installing F4SE of course, AAF, MCM, Themes, probably some male and female body replacers which may also need a custom skeleton mod depending on your choice, some animation packs... these are the basic requirements for just about any mod which relies on AAF though. If you haven't used any AAF-based mods before, then yes the learning curve is steep and there's a lot of modular complexity because different people are responsible for collaboratively providing different pieces of that puzzle. They all work reasonably well together though.

Are you maybe referring to mods which install files with the same name (and so you need to be mindful of their overwriting order) as conflicting? I mean, in a sense they are, but in most cases they're either just providing convenience copies of the same file (in which it doesn't matter), or one is supplying an extended/patched version of another.

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

What conflicting mods? You're installing F4SE of course, AAF, MCM, Themes, probably some male and female body replacers which may also need a custom skeleton mod depending on your choice, some animation packs... these are the basic requirements for just about any mod which relies on AAF though. If you haven't used any AAF-based mods before, then yes the learning curve is steep and there's a lot of modular complexity because different people are responsible for collaboratively providing different pieces of that puzzle. They all work reasonably well together though.

Are you maybe referring to mods which install files with the same name (and so you need to be mindful of their overwriting order) as conflicting? I mean, in a sense they are, but in most cases they're either just providing convenience copies of the same file (in which it doesn't matter), or one is supplying an extended/patched version of another.

f4se has got to be the most difficult one of them all, to maintain. One slip up and f4se is irreversibly fubar.

Edited by rf3sta
34 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

This mod has dependancies and the mods that support this have dependancies, and on it goes until you find yourself with 20+ mods that all conflict with eachother.

Welcome to modding. Filling dependencies is part of the process.

Bethesda modding is all tail patching, and so...conflicts sometimes happen, it's the cost of doing business. Understanding mod management, and how overwriting works can help. If you can't deal with the intricacies of being detail oriented, reading and understanding how and why things work... then maybe modding Bethesda games is not for you.  A good woodworker knows to measure twice, and cut once. In a similar vein, I tell people who are new to modding: read the directions fully, twice...then follow them.

What doesn't help, is coming into this thread, making a sweeping statement about how this mod is impossible to get working...you need to learn to read a room my good chum. This mod is actually one of the more clean mods out there. Ego is a really good developer, and hasn't, to date...released crap masquerading as a mod. If you think this mod is "impossible"....all I can say is, don't try modding Skyrim.

Cheers.

Edited by WandererZero
7 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

f4se has got to be the most difficult one of them all, to maintain. One slip up and f4se is irreversibly fubar.

If you're using a recent version of Vortex (1.2.12 or later), you should be able to install it like other mods: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Tool_Setup:_Script_Extenders#Option_1:_Install_with_Vortex_(Easy)

I'm not an MO2 user, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has gained similar features.

7 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If you're using a recent version of Vortex (1.2.12 or later), you should be able to install it like other mods: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Tool_Setup:_Script_Extenders#Option_1:_Install_with_Vortex_(Easy)

I'm not an MO2 user, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has gained similar features.

Nope, I'm not a Vortex user. I was running Mo2, and despite installing it manually, f4se kept irreversibly crapping out on me whenever I installed any mods whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

You'd think that would help, right?

My advice to you, based on what you've said here is maybe get your head in the game.

If I were in your shoes, I would try by starting with Gamerpoets to understand how MO2 works, why it does what it does, and how to use it fully. Once you understand MO2, and how and why it does what it does...then it will be time to start working with mods on the next level. GP will show you how to properly set up MO2.

While Nexus would like folks to believe that modding is point and click, drag and drop...it's not. It does require paying attention to the details, and following directions exactly. For instance, making sure you install F4SE correctly. These are all basic things, a rite of passage in a way. You need to get the basics down pat, and based on how you've approached things here...I'm not sure you have a grasp of the basics. When you have the basic stuff down, and you have a bit more working knowledge...you will be able to come back here and ask some better questions if you're still having trouble.

1 hour ago, WandererZero said:

My advice to you, based on what you've said here is maybe get your head in the game.

If I were in your shoes, I would try by starting with Gamerpoets to understand how MO2 works, why it does what it does, and how to use it fully. Once you understand MO2, and how and why it does what it does...then it will be time to start working with mods on the next level. GP will show you how to properly set up MO2.

While Nexus would like folks to believe that modding is point and click, drag and drop...it's not. It does require paying attention to the details, and following directions exactly. For instance, making sure you install F4SE correctly. These are all basic things, a rite of passage in a way. You need to get the basics down pat, and based on how you've approached things here...I'm not sure you have a grasp of the basics. When you have the basic stuff down, and you have a bit more working knowledge...you will be able to come back here and ask some better questions if you're still having trouble.

I appreciate the help. I'm sorry if it seemed like I don't, I just don't like being dependant and (like you said) I don't fully grasp mo2.

2 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Welcome to modding. Filling dependencies is part of the process.

Bethesda modding is all tail patching, and so...conflicts sometimes happen, it's the cost of doing business. Understanding mod management, and how overwriting works can help. If you can't deal with the intricacies of being detail oriented, reading and understanding how and why things work... then maybe modding Bethesda games is not for you.  A good woodworker knows to measure twice, and cut once. In a similar vein, I tell people who are new to modding: read the directions fully, twice...then follow them.

What doesn't help, is coming into this thread, making a sweeping statement about how this mod is impossible to get working...you need to learn to read a room my good chum. This mod is actually one of the more clean mods out there. Ego is a really good developer, and hasn't, to date...released crap masquerading as a mod. If you think this mod is "impossible"....all I can say is, don't try modding Skyrim.

Cheers.

Yeah, I'd say that's firm but fair. Sorry for being salty. It's just that I've been at this for hours by the time I started ranting.

2 hours ago, WandererZero said:

I know that f4se has installed properly, after conducting some tests. The problem is with the installation of prerequisite mods (namely aaf and possibly looksmenu).

Edited by rf3sta
12 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

I know that f4se has installed properly, after conducting some tests. The problem is with the installation of prerequisite mods.

On Moddingham, the place you download AAF from, there's also an AAF_GFV.exe (game files verifier) tool which can double-check AAF and its dependencies are installed properly. The folks in the help channels on the AAF Discord are also really great and thorough, but that's the first troubleshooting step they'll usually have you do. I recommend reaching out there if AAF doesn't seem to be working, and once you've confirmed you can successfully run animations through AAF's on-screen interface, then proceed to try getting Violate to work.

17 minutes ago, rf3sta said:

The problem is with the installation of prerequisite mods.

Okay, but you're going to have to be more specific. Installing mods with MO2 is trivial, whether they come from Nexusmods or LL.

You're going to need to be more specific, and you're going to need to relay details. The more general you are, the less help you're going to actually get.

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

On Moddingham, the place you download AAF from, there's also an AAF_GFV.exe (game files verifier) tool which can double-check AAF and its dependencies are installed properly. The folks in the help channels on the AAF Discord are also really great and thorough, but that's the first troubleshooting step they'll usually have you do. I recommend reaching out there if AAF doesn't seem to be working, and once you've confirmed you can successfully run animations through AAF's on-screen interface, then proceed to try getting Violate to work.

The solution that worked for me was installing a currently obsolete version of it. It says that it's incompatible with the current build of FO4, but it works better than the current AAF (in that it works at all).

13 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Okay, but you're going to have to be more specific. Installing mods with MO2 is trivial, whether they come from Nexusmods or LL.

You're going to need to be more specific, and you're going to need to relay details. The more general you are, the less help you're going to actually get.

Having experimented some, the solution that worked best for me was installing a currently obsolete version of AAF. It says that it's incompatible with the current build of FO4, but it works better than the current AAF (in that it works at all).