[mod] [SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

When i complete the summoning of the goddess. she wants to get changed into something more suitable for out "mortal". But then she starts wandering around without progressing. 

Could this be caused by using sexbound defeat?

6 hours ago, crazyjoery said:

When i complete the summoning of the goddess. she wants to get changed into something more suitable for out "mortal". But then she starts wandering around without progressing. 

Could this be caused by using sexbound defeat?

When i had that issue, i just had to update from 4.1.0 to 4.1.3 and it was solved. Try that, if your version is not up to date? Also, logs if possible?

10 hours ago, red3dred said:

When i had that issue, i just had to update from 4.1.0 to 4.1.3 and it was solved. Try that, if your version is not up to date? Also, logs if possible?

i was running on a older version indeed. upgrading to 4.1.3 fixed it. Now to do the boss fight :D

Also now that i have the bow. nothing seems to happen whenever i shoot an npc with it. Doesn't matter if i use it in the outpost or a npc settlement.

Starbound.log on pastebin

5 hours ago, crazyjoery said:

i was running on a older version indeed. upgrading to 4.1.3 fixed it. Now to do the boss fight :D

Also now that i have the bow. nothing seems to happen whenever i shoot an npc with it. Doesn't matter if i use it in the outpost or a npc settlement.

Starbound.log on pastebin

... have you given the bow back to Aphrodite for her to imbue it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2019 at 8:44 PM, kylegaming10 said:

Hmm. I have a problem with the mod. When i install it with the latest version of Sexbound. And yes. I used steam and 1.4 version. It run for awhile on the startup screen and suddenly crash. when i uninstall it, the game work normally again.
here is my log files. Including version 4.0 and 4.0.1. When i used 3.0.0 and lower version. It work fine
my log files with aphrodites bow version 4.1.3

[20:52:48.523] [Info] Root: Detected unnamed asset source at '..\mods\sexbound 2.11.3'

Double-check that Sexbound API is installed correctly?

On 7/3/2019 at 12:07 AM, Kikoma13 said:

how can one kill aphrodite (boss) in the mod? i can neither harm her, nor destroy the power crystal that pops up in the bottom left of the room?

What weapon are you using to try to harm the power crystals? Aphrodite can't be attacked directly. 

5 hours ago, kylegaming10 said:

so. the mod work fine. But only allow

-snip-

me to having sex with male NPC. When i try to have sex with female NPC. i Just disappear, including with the female NPC. Like, shoot the arrow to the male: appear, shoot the arrow to the female: Disappear

tech support cannot be attempted without the most up to date log file (located at Starbound\storage\starbound.log)

grab that file and either attach it or paste its contents into pastebin or an equivalent and report back

2 hours ago, kylegaming10 said:

Oh shoot. sorry. Here is my log files for the problem that female NPC disappear
https://pastebin.com/zGbHt8wm

Your log says there are errors within the mod's pregnant.config file, specifically;

Spoiler

(JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 9:30

Line 9, character 30. Could be a missing special character, or a extra one of:
" ' , . ; :
Or just something missing. Anyhow, if you DID NOT mess with that file, and its still causing that error, best option is to redownload and reinstall the Sexbound base mod.

Hello, I'm having trouble with Aphrodite's bow, I've imbued it after going to the retreat, but even then when using the bow on someone it doesn't transform them. my log shows a block of text that I presume is the times I tried to transform an npc into a sex node. Here's my log hopefully showing the problem. Thanks for any help!

starbound.log

3 hours ago, RGA said:

Hello, I'm having trouble with Aphrodite's bow, I've imbued it after going to the retreat, but even then when using the bow on someone it doesn't transform them. my log shows a block of text that I presume is the times I tried to transform an npc into a sex node. Here's my log hopefully showing the problem. Thanks for any help!

Some mod is interfering with NPC's scripts and causing crashes, which prevents other effects from taking effect.

[17:51:56.910] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/raceEffects.lua"]:28: (StatusException) No such resource 'breath' in StatSet

Possible culprits from what i see in the log:

Spoiler

'Narrator's Racial Abilities'
'kitsunefr'

'FUBYOSModdedRaceSupportFR'

And any other mod dealing with racial effects/ "Life support" and such, even variants of BYOS.

Good luck pinpointing the culprit mod.

I'm having some issues with this myself. For some reason, sex with the Handmaiden or Aphrodite on the table causes odd effects. The handmaiden won't actually complete the ritual, and when Aphrodite starts her next phase my character disappears and I have to manually exit the Sexbound UI. In addition, attempting to swap positions with Aphrodite, or even just having sex with the handmaiden leaves both orgasm gauges stuck at empty and locks up all the Sexbound UI controls except for E - allowing exit. When I exit in this manner, a clone of my character is left behind fucking the character. Both cases have something to do with actorX.mouth, where X is either 2 for handmaiden or 1 for Aphrodite.

I can confirm I'm running the latest Aphrodite's Bow and what I think is the latest Sexbound.

Aphrodite's Bow Log File.txt

4 hours ago, Altercode said:

I'm having some issues with this myself. For some reason, sex with the Handmaiden or Aphrodite on the table causes odd effects. The handmaiden won't actually complete the ritual, and when Aphrodite starts her next phase my character disappears and I have to manually exit the Sexbound UI. In addition, attempting to swap positions with Aphrodite, or even just having sex with the handmaiden leaves both orgasm gauges stuck at empty and locks up all the Sexbound UI controls except for E - allowing exit. When I exit in this manner, a clone of my character is left behind fucking the character. Both cases have something to do with actorX.mouth, where X is either 2 for handmaiden or 1 for Aphrodite.

I can confirm I'm running the latest Aphrodite's Bow and what I think is the latest Sexbound.

So...

image.png.a7da0116ec877067d3aa49c3df13a5c2.png

You have Starbound inside Starbound...

But the error is:

[Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/mouth.lu..."]:24: (MapException) Key 'actor2-mouth' not found in Map::get()

This is usually the error that comes when people use either the Futa or the VenusBM mod... Which are outdated.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

You have Starbound inside Starbound... 

I have no idea how that happened. I thought it was supposed to load like that...?

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

This is usually the error that comes when people use either the Futa or the VenusBM mod... Which are outdated. 

Thanks. I had an inkling it might be VenusBM, but I wanted to be sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the way you have to 'earn' the full bow. And the optional boss fight is nice, but could be better.

1. The height of the crystals makes it hard for those using broadswords to hit them after the first swing. Lowering them a bit, or adding a slightly higher platform, would make the fight a little bit easier as then one doesn't have to wait for the swing to reset.
  2. The dancer's table could also act as a platform so one can leap on it when crossing one side of the room to the other. Alternatively, invisible platforms at where the table top is at during the fight could make coding easier.
  3. There should be two reward chests after the fight. One holds the new clothes and a dancer's table. The reward table could summon Aphrodite herself to dance for you or allow one to dance like her on it and doesn't look wonky when you 'admin' it in. The Sex functions of the table during and after the fight should still work. The other holds random loot like it does already.

These are not demands or the like, just ideas to make this even better. I know you are doing this for free and I have no idea how to code any of this... So I don't know if you could make a player placed dance table that don't start the boss fight again, but still summons Aphrodite.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, gizmo1206 said:

dumb question but does Aphrodite's lost staff spawn on pre existing saves? or am i just unlucky

It has become very rare after a few updates, so yeah, its not easy to get a hold of it now. That said, it should still spawn all the same-- after all, you're always generating new chests, visiting fresh dungeons, so unless you're literally exploring the same planet ever since before you installed the mod, and never went into a dungeon, no reason why these shouldn't spawn. If you're finding Loungeable addons in chests, then you'll eventually find a Aphrodite's Staff.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Outlast1 said:

Having an Issue sexbound loads up fine but once I unpack aphrodites bow I am getting a CTD I do have version 4.13. Log included in spoiler.

Log seems unrelated, i see a couple files laying about (Actor1 Actor2 folders) that shouldn't be there, but other than that, the main issue i'm seeing seems to be a massive duplicate issue with FFS (That one new gun mod), and other crafting tables &etc not loading properly. This log doesn't mention a crash, in fact it says "Quit requested" and "Stopped gracefully".

There is also no mention of "Aphrodite" outside of saying it loaded the mod's .pak file. You do however seem to have two of the same Sexbound version installed, duplicate solver mentions that.