[mod] [SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

17 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Log seems unrelated, i see a couple files laying about (Actor1 Actor2 folders) that shouldn't be there, but other than that, the main issue i'm seeing seems to be a massive duplicate issue with FFS (That one new gun mod), and other crafting tables &etc not loading properly. This log does mention a crash, in fact it says "Quit requested" and "Stopped gracefully".

There is also no mention of "Aphrodite" outside of saying it loaded the mod's .pak file. You do however seem to have two of the same Sexbound version installed, duplicate solver mentions that.

hmm ok I noticed the duplicate ill try a fresh install and remove the new gun and crafting. its weird though cause only when i unpack aphrodites bow does it crash. thanks for the input.

9 minutes ago, Outlast1 said:

hmm ok I noticed the duplicate ill try a fresh install and remove the new gun and crafting. its weird though cause only when i unpack aphrodites bow does it crash. thanks for the input.

It doesn't say anything about there being a unpacked version of the Aphrodite bow in there, i'd recommend making sure by starting the game, letting it crash, then grabbing the latest log, but anyhow, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lord_Dragon117 said:

So I have the mod downloaded, everything didn't break, but I don't have a quest nor place to go to/go do. Is there something wrong? Gonna have the log file posted just in case the answer is there.

Despite several hundred errors, nothing points to issues in particular with Aphrodite's Bow.

Do keep in mind you need to obtain the staff first, in order to receive the quest. You can find it randomly throughout chests, or in the secret room under the outpost, to the bottom left.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I'm still getting the bug where I talk the handmaiden, she tells me to lay down for the ritual, and clicking the bed does nothing. 

Well, i am here. I can't remember everyone's issues, so refresh me on this, with Log and situation.

Requirements for the Handmaiden to join you are simple, if the player has the quest, the maiden gets the arousal raised to join you. If they're not joining, then they're usually not getting their arousal raised.

If the issue persists and you just want to progress on it, you can technically just hit them with Lewdbound's Lewd Magazine and the effect should be the same.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:
1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I'm still getting the bug where I talk the handmaiden, she tells me to lay down for the ritual, and clicking the bed does nothing. 

Well, i am here. I can't remember everyone's issues, so refresh me on this, with Log and situation.

Requirements for the Handmaiden to join you are simple, if the player has the quest, the maiden gets the arousal raised to join you. If they're not joining, then they're usually not getting their arousal raised.

If the issue persists and you just want to progress on it, you can technically just hit them with Lewdbound's Lewd Magazine and the effect should be the same.

do you remember (most likely not) when i had issues back in april (i commented on the Sexbound API) with the altar from this mod that i could not lay down on it? for some reason starting starbound from steam is the cause and starting starbound from the installation folder does not cause the bug to occur (at least for me). weird behavior for any game.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DDaaaas said:

I'll admit it. I'm dumb. How do you reach the secret?

Well, you just

Spoiler

Wall jump/ Double jump/ Climbing rope/ Grappling Hook your way up the back wall where the plinth and statue are, and you will find a distortion-sphere gap you can roll into. From there, you'll have a teleporter to skip the need to redo the entry, and a elevator down to the "secret".

46 minutes ago, DaWeed said:

May i ask for the Outfit to be made dyeable? Or to someone telling me how to properly do it myself? I'm a total Noob in terms of Modding so i dont really know how to do anything ._.

Well, that would require a fair chunk of modding knowledge, between unpaking, changing the item's files and managing color codes... but its perfectly doable. I feel like it should be something in the base mod, but alas.

Though, since i agree, here.

image.png.9ffed434d62d837c453326fc87acdea5.png
SxB_GoGoColorYourself!.zip

It's a ZIP containing the file and folders that do the above. If you want to change how the colors end up looking, feel free to fiddle with the files, they're not packed.

24 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Well, that would require a fair chunk of modding knowledge, between unpaking, changing the item's files and managing color codes... but its perfectly doable. I feel like it should be something in the base mod, but alas.

Though, since i agree, here.

image.png.9ffed434d62d837c453326fc87acdea5.png
SxB_GoGoColorYourself!.zip 35.27 kB · 1 download

It's a ZIP containing the file and folders that do the above. If you want to change how the colors end up looking, feel free to fiddle with the files, they're not packed.

Wow, that was fast! Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:41 AM, moouse1223 said:

with the altar from this mod that i could not lay down on it? 

Same issue. Sex with aphrodite in the boss room works fine, it doesn't seem like anything else is broken so far. 

It's just no interaction with the plinth

I found a solution to the non-interactive plinth. For anyone else that might be experiencing the issue, type 

/admin
/settileprotection 0 false
/admin

Break the plinth and then place it back down, it will become interactable and let you finish the quest. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Wow132666 said:

okay uhh so i got the staff but how do i get the twine? the page says that i get it after completing the quest but to complete it i need to craft the bow which requires the twine. halp

Progressing with the quest should have the quest-giver just give you a twine. The Twine is in the crafting-materials tab i believe.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, anon the wise said:

is it just me or has the bow stopped working?

Agreed. I don't believe the mod is working (at least for me). I tried the spawn item commands and all I ever get is the green perfectly generic item. Also checked all over place under the Outpost for this so called 'chest' and can confirm that it did not generate.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Captain_noone said:

So I did a bit of testing, the bow works just fine when I spawn it but I want to "legally" craft it. This might sounds dumb but how do I exactly start the quest? Find the altar randomly? 

You find the Aphrodite's Staff at random on any treasure chest, well, it can generate on any treasure chest, as far as i know. Even FU missions.

After you get it, you'll receive a quest to get the bow, and all you gotta do then, is use the staff.