[mod] [SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

[SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

Aphrodite's Bow is  a Sexbound compatible mod that provides players with hours enjoyable adult-content in Starbound. In the latest major update, player's can craft their own Aphrodite's Bow (i) at Aphrodite's Retreat, and they can discover bonus content through exploration.

⁉️ Having trouble completing the quest line? Please download the latest version which should fix the problem for most players.

About

In the latest version, a lot has changed, but a lot of new content was added too. The new changes might be confusing to players who have been using a previous version of Aphrodite's Bow. So, I'll quickly highlight the changes that were made, and I'll explain what to expect when installing v4 of Aphrodite's Bow.

Aphrodite's Bow no longer has its magical ability, but you can expect to craft and obtain a new imbued version of Aphrodite's Bow. The new imbued bow will have the same magical ability as the previous bow, but it'll feature a new critical shot projectile. You will be able to craft a new Aphrodite's Bow (i) during a new quest line where you actually get to meet Aphrodite at her secret retreat. Players can begin the new quest line by finding Aphrodite's lost staff which is a legendary item that can be randomly found as a valuable treasure in chests on any world. If it takes longer than you like to find Aphrodite's Staff, then you can always find one in the chest under the Outpost.

All other information about how to complete the new quest-line and craft the new Aphrodite's Bow (i) can be found in-game. In addition to crafting Aphrodite's Bow, players will enjoy finding hidden content and rewards within Aphrodite's Retreat.

Requirements

This mod requires the latest version of the Sexbound.

sexbound-small.png

Installation

1) First, you must download and install the latest version of the Sexbound API.
2) Extract the contents from the .zip file.
3) Move the extracted .pak file into your Starbound Mods directory.
4) Finished.

Crafting

Players can use Aphrodite's Bow Stringer at Aphrodite's Retreat to craft Aphrodite's Bow or Aphrodite's Bow (i).

During Aphrodite's Retreat Questline, the Bow Stringer will produce a rare Aphrodite's Bow that will not have any interesting special ability until it is imbued with magical powers by Aphrodite. Essentially, the Player must turn-in the crafted Aphrodite's Bow to receive an Aphrodite's Bow (i) from Aphrodite.

After Aphrodite's Retreat Questline, the Bow Stringer will produce a legendary Aphrodite's Bow (i) that will have the desired special ability. It does not need to be imbued by Aphrodite since the player has already completed the questline.

aphroditesbowbuilder.gif

Ingredients

Obtaining the ingredients. Players can obtain all of the ingredients needed to craft Aphrodite's Bow during the Aphrodite's Retreat Questline. There are two ingredients required to craft Aphrodite's Bow, and they are Aphrodite's Staff and Aphrodite's Twine.

Aphrodite's Staff

aphroditesstaff.png: Obtained by searching almost any treasure chest in any world. It requires the Player to accept a quest upon picking it up for the first time.

Aphrodite's Twine

aphroditestwine.png : Obtained as a reward during the Aphrodite's Retreat Questline; however, there is an alternative method to obtain Aphrodite's Twine for players to discover.

Cheats
You may choose to obtain some of the new items by using the /spawnitem command, but make sure that you have admin privileges. Naturally, I've hidden the spawn codes behind the below spoiler.

Spoiler

/spawnitem aphroditesstaff => Spawns an Aphrodite's Staff item

/spawnitem aphroditestwine => Spawn an Aphrodite's Twine item

/spawnitem aphroditesbow => Spawn an Aphrodite's Bow weapon - A normal plain bow until imbued

/spawnitem imbuedaphroditesbow => Spawn an Aphrodite's Bow (i) - Used to mind control NPCs

/spawnitem sexbound_appleofdiscord => Spawn's an Apple of Discord food item which is used to change your sub-gender to be futanari

/spawnitem sexbound_appleofdiscontent => Spawn's an Apple of Discontent food item which used to reset your sub-gender

/spawnitem gogodancerchest => Spawn's a Gogo Dancer Chest wearable item

/spawnitem gogodancerlegs => Spawn's a Gogo Dancer Legs wearable item

/spawnitem sexbound_appleofdiscord => Spawn's a Golden Apple of Discord
/spawnitem sexbound_appleofdiscontent => Spawn's a Golden Apple of Discontent

FAQ

1) Aphrodite's Bow (i): What does it mean when the word 'obstructed' appears?

'Obstructed' means there is an object behind the NPC that is preventing it from transforming into a SexNode object. Or, it means that there is not a suitable below surface on which to place a spawned SexNode object.

2) Aphrodite's Retreat: What is with the Golden Tree which is located in the middle of the hidden hot springs room?

This is Aphrodite's Golden Apple Tree. You can collect Golden Apples from it, and a random variant will spawn in the tree's inventory once every 2 minutes in real world time. The Golden Tree will only spawn the Golden Apples when you stay within 20 blocks radius.

3) Aphrodite's Retreat: How many variants of Golden Apples are there?

There are two different variants that may be collected from the tree: the Golden Apple of Discord and the Golden Apple of Discontent.

4) Aphrodite's Retreat: What happens when I consume a Golden Apple of Discord?

The Sexbound sub-gender 'futanari' will be applied to your player character. You must have the Futanari plugin enabled, and your player character must be female gender in order for your character to convert to be a futanari actor while having sex.

5) Aphrodite's Retreat: What happens when I consume a Golden Apple of Discontent?

All in-game applied Sexbound sub-genders are removed from your player character.

Permissions

Mod Assets Permissions: You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

----

I downloaded the latest API for Sexbound that the 3.0.0 Aphorodite update, but when I shoot an NPC, they do not turn into a node and any weapons, (including mechs) lose the ability to do damage to monsters or NPCs. Its kind off a bummer. 7/17/2018

is version 3.0.0 no longer compatible with sexbound legacy? if this is intentional could you please re-upload an older version for those still running legacy as v2 is incompatible with the booty rockin' nuru mod  (course if sombody knew a way to use both api i would love to know how as i am a big fan of booty rockin' nuru) 

Can you please re-upload the 2.1.0  version? like the other people mentioned this bow won't work with the legacy version of the API (which you need if you want to still use Nuru/Fuchsia etc)

anyone have a working link of the old bow version?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 9:15 PM, 01000101-69 said:

Just found that both the Sexbound API and Aphrodites Bow struggle to function while packed, unpacking both files seemed to work wonders for me. [Packed bow causes the generic item bug, packed API causes lack of function]

Been seeing this with a lot of mods since 1.3.3, wonder if it might be something chucklefish botched with the engine

For this mod and the main sexbound mod, can we get the npcs to address us like lovers of companions like some sort of relationship system? Can we also possibly get the ability to change the appearance/gender of the children we have with an npc and get some personal parental interaction with them and the other parent? Finally is it possible to have babies that grow into adults and treat you as a child would a parent? Thanks for reading the post, and I am not demanding anything just so you know. 

On 7/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, dragon13 said:

is version 3.0.0 no longer compatible with sexbound legacy? if this is intentional could you please re-upload an older version for those still running legacy as v2 is incompatible with the booty rockin' nuru mod  (course if sombody knew a way to use both api i would love to know how as i am a big fan of booty rockin' nuru) 

ı want it too i think the creator is dead

3 hours ago, haruakatsuki said:

ı want it too i think the creator is dead

isn't the unfinished version still up on the github page though?

And the original creator isn't dead afaik he just went into hiding after that whole PCGamer incident

the guy who stepped in after him died recently though

20 hours ago, ducturlove said:

For this mod and the main sexbound mod, can we get the npcs to address us like lovers of companions like some sort of relationship system? Can we also possibly get the ability to change the appearance/gender of the children we have with an npc and get some personal parental interaction with them and the other parent? Finally is it possible to have babies that grow into adults and treat you as a child would a parent? Thanks for reading the post, and I am not demanding anything just so you know. 

if you're decent at making mods yourself these two mods might prove helpful on that

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/datebound.5046/

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kids-community-mod.1586/ (this one is super outdated, but someone had started work on a children mod and that might be useful for some sort of familial interaction that you're talking about)

there was also this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214279677

but the mod seems to be abandoned now.

Personally I'd love to see more immersion mods like these, even if the lewd bits from sexbound are left out.

13 minutes ago, thedarkwanderer42 said:

isn't the unfinished version still up on the github page though?

And the original creator isn't dead afaik he just went into hiding after that whole PCGamer incident

the guy who stepped in after him died recently though

if you're decent at making mods yourself these two mods might prove helpful on that

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/datebound.5046/

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kids-community-mod.1586/ (this one is super outdated, but someone had started work on a children mod and that might be useful for some sort of familial interaction that you're talking about)

there was also this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1214279677

but the mod seems to be abandoned now.

Personally I'd love to see more immersion mods like these, even if the lewd bits from sexbound are left out.

I would be happy to assist in any way I can with more immersion mods for this game, although I do not know how to make mods I can do many other things in the mean time while I learn how. 

22 hours ago, Haviengar said:

Some moron is asking for help regarding this on the official Starbound Subreddit. *Facepalm

Ahem... better get the shelter ready, the flaming pitchforks were sighted a mile away...

On a more serious note, folks, this version seems to be causing issues... I would like to ask people with the errors/problems to report their logs, to help troubleshooting and fixing.

Also, claims that the modder and/or mod is dead are a bit extreme. Sure, its been a month since it was reuploaded and still no update, but people usually have lives to take care of. Give something at least 3 months before declaring it dead, unless the links are down or something.

1 hour ago, ducturlove said:

Is there a way to get in contact with the creator and pitch some ideas to them? I don't want to be rude and dm people out of the blue so I am asking is there another way as Sexbound desperately needs more immersion and dialogue lines.

There is the suggestion thread on the Starbound Club, but that is the most direct, non-intrusive way at the moment. 

The creator seems to either be busy or still dealing with fallout from the article. 

On another note, ive done dialogue editing myself and wouldn't mind giving a hand to anyone interested in rewriting it. Its finicky but not hard.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

There is the suggestion thread on the Starbound Club, but that is the most direct, non-intrusive way at the moment. 

The creator seems to either be busy or still dealing with fallout from the article. 

On another note, ive done dialogue editing myself and wouldn't mind giving a hand to anyone interested in rewriting it. Its finicky but not hard.

I have no idea how to rewrite mods but if you were to teach me and or work with me/allow me to work with you on a project I would surely take up the offer as I am an excellent writer.  I am also not familiar with the article and its fallout as I am new to the Starbound stuff, also on a side note, where is this "Starbound Club"?

Oh and here's a free screenshot on me.....

Spoiler

20180812191741_1.thumb.jpg.207f882c45ae8040f5c559b56dde36b8.jpg

9 minutes ago, ducturlove said:

I have no idea how to rewrite mods but if you were to teach me and or work with me/allow me to work with you on a project I would surely take up the offer as I am an excellent writer.  I am also not familiar with the article and its fallout as I am new to the Starbound stuff, also on a side note, where is this "Starbound Club"?

If you don't know what the article was, then its best to not know really. Just some game news outlet covered "Modders set on adding nudity to strange games", and SB-API was covered. Brought a lot attention to it, a bit too much.

Anyway, the Starbound club is this one; Its so far the closest to a official Sexbound forums there is. The mod used to have its own forum post in here, but it was removed after the article.

If you want to work with the whole dialogue system, it would be best to read the documentation on it, available within the Unpacked Sexbound download. After that, you can look at the dialogue files inside the mod and if you have minimum programming knowledge, you can make them work. I had a ton of problems getting them to load into the game myself, but then again i am not particularly brilliant when it comes to programming.

2 minutes ago, red3dred said:

If you don't know what the article was, then its best to not know really. Just some game news outlet covered "Modders set on adding nudity to strange games", and SB-API was covered. Brought a lot attention to it, a bit too much.

Anyway, the Starbound club is this one; Its so far the closest to a official Sexbound forums there is. The mod used to have its own forum post in here, but it was removed after the article.

If you want to work with the whole dialogue system, it would be best to read the documentation on it, available within the Unpacked Sexbound download. After that, you can look at the dialogue files inside the mod and if you have minimum programming knowledge, you can make them work. I had a ton of problems getting them to load into the game myself, but then again i am not particularly brilliant when it comes to programming.

Cool if you ever find yourself needing a co writer for any mod I would be happy to assist. Thanks for the info.

9 hours ago, requiemfang said:

Don't see how this mod isn't compatible to the most recent version of the game. I'm able to use it fine.

I never downloaded the latest version, i don't see why i'd need to though. It does what it's meant to do for me, in 3.0.0... Which is the same version i used to have, so really, i don't see how this not-new version can be incompatible. I'd guess its just people not being used to manually loading Starbound mods.

To anyone using the manual install mods, does this work for you guys...?

image.png.9ffec6c639db2808289950b102a89402.png
image.png.e2bb6a3bab832d5c28e31a23a0d2742b.png

All mods there work fine for me, not even errors are generated. I've noticed however that the version of Aphrodite's bow i have is larger than the one available here, if that matters at all.