NO MORE MEMES NO MORE WIKI QUOTATIONS IN EUROPE

nonusnomeni

Look like free internet is also dead in Europe:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:52016PC0593&from=EN

read carefully article 13

some explanation:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/digital/interview/copyright-in-the-eu-must-balance-interests-of-content-creator-and-recipient/

and some cure (which i doubt will do anything against "will" of non elected, appointed by who know what powers, commissionaires)  

https://saveyourinternet.eu/home

39 minutes ago, nonusnomeni said:

which i doubt will do anything

I share your doubts.

As long as "liberty" doesn't pay as good as corporations and offer jobs for useless politicans after they left their office .... 

On 6/17/2018 at 2:56 PM, FauxFurry said:

A relevant quotation from one of those colonials:

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

Some context for that quote, though:

WITTES: He was writing about a tax dispute between the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the family of the Penns, the proprietary family of the Pennsylvania colony who ruled it from afar. And the legislature was trying to tax the Penn family lands to pay for frontier defense during the French and Indian War. And the Penn family kept instructing the governor to veto. Franklin felt that this was a great affront to the ability of the legislature to govern. And so he actually meant purchase a little temporary safety very literally. The Penn family was trying to give a lump sum of money in exchange for the General Assembly's acknowledging that it did not have the authority to tax it.

SIEGEL: So far from being a pro-privacy quotation, if anything, it's a pro-taxation and pro-defense spending quotation.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/390245038/ben-franklins-famous-liberty-safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Let's see what they come up with next.

They'll find another way to make it worse for almost everybody .... except for those corporations who offer  a personal future for selected trustworthy politicians ... just in case the voters become smart someday

22 minutes ago, worik said:

They'll find another way to make it worse for almost everybody .... except for those corporations who offer  a personal future for selected trustworthy politicians ... just in case the voters become smart someday

We were talking about EU, not USA :trollface:

...Not that there is much difference.

The "Mickey Mouse" Parliament in Brussels rejected it today.. however it is NOT of the board.. since the "Commision" is the only ones allowed to make laws,the "Parliament is just for show.. we can expect that it will be back in September.. remember the "Lisbon.Agreement"? where France and Netherlands said NO! and they reworded the crap so they could avoid a popular vote... they HATE the people and know that ,if given a chance,the peoples of Europe will boot their slimy asses out... Europe is NOT the EU and the EU is not and will never be Europe...

Memes stopped being cool... about 10 years ago?

Nevertheless there are a lot of problems with laws like this, mostly because the economy always has a strong lobby to implement nonsense like the AI filter for potentially copyrighted content. Luckily it didn't pass this time, one reason being that we have very high quality public media in the EU that gave the critics of the law a lot of attention - so these issues apparently weighed heavier than the benefits.

There are many other issues with our outdated copyright that badly need to be resolved though, like the question why a giant like Facebook can profit by posting articles and news written by other people who don't see a single cent for their work.

Or, directly related to what this forum is about, why a Youtuber can earn tons of money by showcasing mods, while the mod authors themselves don't see a single cent either.

• 2 months later...

Good news, everyone! This legistlation was voted enough times that it passed.

I wonder, is europe big enough market for Google and many others to put up with the costs this will incur, or will they just stop their services here completely?

Oh, and i need to remove my avatar before i get arrested ?

14 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

I wonder, is europe big enough market for Google and many others to put up with the costs this will incur, or will they just stop their services here completely? 

I quote myself:

On 7/5/2018 at 9:23 PM, worik said:

They [politicians and their paying lobbyists] will find another way to make it worse for almost everybody .... except for those corporations who offer  a personal future for selected trustworthy politicians ... just in case the voters become smart someday 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:52 PM, ToJKa said:

Oh, and i need to remove my avatar before i get arrested ?

Ah, i got that wrong. Nothing would happen to me, but LL would need to remove it within one hour or be fined for

million.jpg.438b36ad4eeac1e0b41dbe6d2d0538e8.jpg

I'm going to miss doing this. I wish i had born 30 years ago so that i would die soon, instead of seeing how much more things can turn into shit ?

9 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

Ah, i got that wrong. Nothing would happen to me, but LL would need to remove it within one hour or be fined for

million.jpg.438b36ad4eeac1e0b41dbe6d2d0538e8.jpg

I'm going to miss doing this. I wish i had born 30 years ago so that i would die soon, instead of seeing how much more things can turn into shit ?

Just view this as a set-back, not some fatal condition that one can never recover from. As long as you live, there will be further chances to make things right by your standards (even if those chances might seem slim).

Archived