Saw this mod and decided to play around

After an aroused creatures pursue scene (it may be all scenes, i havent tested)

My Playable Character does not regain control

(but using sexlab matchmaker, creature sex scenes happen normally, so it has to be an issue with my aroused creatures install.)

Any idea why? I may try to troubleshoot later

10 hours ago, nun56unn5ufg said:

Saw this mod and decided to play around

After an aroused creatures pursue scene (it may be all scenes, i havent tested)

My Playable Character does not regain control

(but using sexlab matchmaker, creature sex scenes happen normally, so it has to be an issue with my aroused creatures install.)

Any idea why? I may try to troubleshoot later

Would need to see a Papyrus log with the Aroused Creatures Debug option enabled in the MCM to understand what is happening in this situation.

Player control is usually restricted at then of an animation if queuing is enabled under PC/NPC Settings and there are creatures waiting to make use of them.

Script lag could slow down cleanup operations at the end of the engagement which include returning control to the player.

You can try using the Clean The PC option in the Help page of the MCM. But even if this works it would be a temporary fix, better to find out what it actually happening here.

4 hours ago, MrBishopEsquire said:

Hello. Minor query: any way of making non-concentional engagements any longer? 

The length of animation stages can be changed in the SexLab MCM -> Timers & Stripping. Unfortunately only the "normal" settings are used for creature animations regardless of whether they are aggressive or not. The only other option at the moment is manually resetting stages using the SexLab hotkeys during an animation (though this can lead to de-sync). Alternatively the Auto Advance option can be disabled in the SL MCM -> Animation Setting after which the animation will only advance after hitting [Space].

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to be able to get any creature to start any animation

I have One With Nature installed to make creatures friendly, and I get messages that aroused creatures are pursuring me, but once they get up to me and I strip, they lose interest about 3 seconds later.

This has happened with Wolves, Werewolves, Skeevers, and Rieklings so far. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it because I have a male character? I changed the options so that they wouldn't care about that, I thought. I don't think it's the animations themselves, since I turned off the restrictions on aggressive/consensual animations, and I'm able to get them to start with other methods, just not with this mod.

2 hours ago, Zaiketsu said:

I can't seem to be able to get any creature to start any animation

I have One With Nature installed to make creatures friendly, and I get messages that aroused creatures are pursuring me, but once they get up to me and I strip, they lose interest about 3 seconds later.

This has happened with Wolves, Werewolves, Skeevers, and Rieklings so far. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it because I have a male character? I changed the options so that they wouldn't care about that, I thought. I don't think it's the animations themselves, since I turned off the restrictions on aggressive/consensual animations, and I'm able to get them to start with other methods, just not with this mod.

I did a quick test in an existing game. I changed wolves from vanilla to Allied and discovered that the first wolf I came across was showing up as hostile in ACs check though he behaved as allied otherwise. But I was able to initiate an animation using the dialogue options with him. After the end of the animation this wolf and all others were resolving as friendly as expected.

So I think there might be some lag in changing the faction reaction via OWN and that change actually showing up in the Papyrus-driven tests. It's also possible the something in the SL animation process forces an update on the reaction info (controls or AI behaviour being enabled/disabled on the player maybe). So try inviting the wolf, either with the hotkey or dialogue option, and see if he shows up as friendly after that. You could also try saving, quitting out to the desktop then reloading.

1 hour ago, Sailing Rebel said:

I did a quick test in an existing game. I changed wolves from vanilla to Allied and discovered that the first wolf I came across was showing up as hostile in ACs check though he behaved as allied otherwise. But I was able to initiate an animation using the dialogue options with him. After the end of the animation this wolf and all others were resolving as friendly as expected.

So I think there might be some lag in changing the faction reaction via OWN and that change actually showing up in the Papyrus-driven tests. It's also possible the something in the SL animation process forces an update on the reaction info (controls or AI behaviour being enabled/disabled on the player maybe). So try inviting the wolf, either with the hotkey or dialogue option, and see if he shows up as friendly after that. You could also try saving, quitting out to the desktop then reloading.

Well, at the time I also tried to use the hotkeys to initiate something. No matter how many times and how long I held the button down, I could never get group stuff working, and there was only a small chance it worked. Most of the time it would just tell me "The TRUE is not interested in you" or "The False is not interested in you"

And sometimes I did see a talk option come up when I looked at them, but nothing happened when I did that.

2 hours ago, Zaiketsu said:

"The TRUE is not interested in you" or "The False is not interested in you"

If you are actually seeing "TRUE" and "False" instead of the creature name in those notifications then something is very wrong. That shouldn't be possible without editing the AC scripts or doing something very strange with the SKSE actor scripts.

Could you turn on the Debug option in the Aroused Creatures MCM then post a Papyrus log for one of these failed engagements? It might tell us what's happening there.

Group animations for the required creatures races must be installed separately and enabled via SLAL. At the moment only groups involving the same creature race are supported. Participants for group animations must be within the Engage Radius of the player when inviting, this can be increased under General Settings. Creatures for group animations are selected from the most recent scan of the area so if you have a long scan frequency and have been moving around or going through loading screens then the list of creatures from the last scan may not have nearby creatures yet.

Unless you have something else affecting creature behaviour the talk option will not appear for normally silent creatures. But hitting the use button to talk to them should still work if the options for silent creatures are enabled in the AC MCM under the Dialogue & Interactions settings.

1 hour ago, Zaiketsu said:

Alright, here you go. There's the Papyrus.0.log and the SexLabDebug.0.log

Aroused Creatures Debug was not enabled in that game.

It looks like Devious Devices is having serious problems and generating a lot of stack dumps. DD can interfere with SL and prevent animations.

It appears a scripted mod was uninstalled mid-game. From the object types it appears to be a slave mod of some kind. Uninstalling mods in an on-going game is generally a bad idea. If you must then use something like FallrimTools or another save game cleaner to remove persistent scripts.

1 hour ago, Zaiketsu said:

Okay. I'll try removing Devious Devices and using FallrimTools to remove any scripts left behind, and see if that fixes the problem.

Or should I just do another short debug session but with Aroused Creatures Debug on before I do that?

You might want to back up your mod list and load order in MO2 so you can get back to where you were.

Keep in mind that you may have mods with dependencies on DD which will also need to be removed.

I would recommend testing in a new game after making any changes, this will eliminate issues with the save itself (cleaning saves is not a guaranteed fix for anything). For instance you could coc into qasmoke and summon some creatures there to test. Remember to complete SexLab installation in the MCM for any new game tests.

So I'm trying to bonk/get bonked by a dog, but the game CTDs whenever the sex is about to happen.  I *think* it has to do with creating the phallus, but I'm not sure which mod is in charge of that and the vanilla papyrus log isn't telling me anything (I didn't expect it to, but I thought it may have valuable info in it).  Can you shed some light on this?.

16 hours ago, dalenmastermind said:

So I'm trying to bonk/get bonked by a dog, but the game CTDs whenever the sex is about to happen.  I *think* it has to do with creating the phallus, but I'm not sure which mod is in charge of that and the vanilla papyrus log isn't telling me anything (I didn't expect it to, but I thought it may have valuable info in it).  Can you shed some light on this?.

This is almost certainly an issue with incompatible or corrupt meshes and/or skeletons. This can be a particular problem when using the extended skeletons and associated models from Animal SOS or Animated Beast Cocks with More Nasty Critters. Make sure you've not installed any LE versions of mods by mistake. Check the support threads for creature mods you are using and see if anyone else is having issues with the same creatures.

7 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

This is almost certainly an issue with incompatible or corrupt meshes and/or skeletons. This can be a particular problem when using the extended skeletons and associated models from Animal SOS or Animated Beast Cocks with More Nasty Critters. Make sure you've not installed any LE versions of mods by mistake. Check the support threads for creature mods you are using and see if anyone else is having issues with the same creatures.

I am using XP32 and MoreNastyCreatures, but that's it as far as I know.  I can get a full modlist for you though, if you think it might help.

I know it's not an issue with LE files, because I did a rigorous cleaning-out of those a few days ago.

40 minutes ago, dalenmastermind said:

I am using XP32 and MoreNastyCreatures, but that's it as far as I know.  I can get a full modlist for you though, if you think it might help.

I know it's not an issue with LE files, because I did a rigorous cleaning-out of those a few days ago.

Make sure MNC is overriding XPMSSE and that nothing is overriding MNC. Beyond that I can only say it is most likely caused by the game trying to load something it can't. Check the MNC/MNC SE port support threads for similar issues.

2 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Make sure MNC is overriding XPMSSE and that nothing is overriding MNC. Beyond that I can only say it is most likely caused by the game trying to load something it can't. Check the MNC/MNC SE port support threads for similar issues.

So it looks like MO2's LOOT call is loading MNC loading before XPMSSE, so XPMSSE is overwriting it.  I'll see about manually updating load order.  I already had XPMSSE listed as higher-priority than MNC, so we'll see if that solves it.

8 hours ago, dalenmastermind said:

So it looks like MO2's LOOT call is loading MNC loading before XPMSSE, so XPMSSE is overwriting it.  I'll see about manually updating load order.  I already had XPMSSE listed as higher-priority than MNC, so we'll see if that solves it.

Careful not to confuse load order with priority. In the left panel make sure that MNC has a higher priority so that the skeleton files from MNC overwrite those in XPMSSE. The load order should not matter in this case. Also in the left panel click once on MNC and it will highlight all the mods that it overrides (green) and those that override (red) it which might show you any other mods that could be interfering.

4 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Careful not to confuse load order with priority. In the left panel make sure that MNC has a higher priority so that the skeleton files from MNC overwrite those in XPMSSE. The load order should not matter in this case. Also in the left panel click once on MNC and it will highlight all the mods that it overrides (green) and those that override (red) it which might show you any other mods that could be interfering.

I think my solution DID work.  I experienced no CTDs last time around.  Though in fairness, I didn't try to bonk dogs, and instead had my gal get bonked by other creatures, so it may be something to do with dogs specifically.  Still, no CTDs at all is much better than CTD at a random moment when I'm wandering Skyrim because a dog tried to bonk someone else.

6 hours ago, dalenmastermind said:

I think my solution DID work.  I experienced no CTDs last time around.  Though in fairness, I didn't try to bonk dogs, and instead had my gal get bonked by other creatures, so it may be something to do with dogs specifically.  Still, no CTDs at all is much better than CTD at a random moment when I'm wandering Skyrim because a dog tried to bonk someone else.

Avoiding the creatures is one solution, but ultimately at least one of the aroused meshes used for canines is either corrupt or not converted for SE. Replacing these will clear up the issue. Ask in the MNC thread and see if they can help you identify the problematic files.