On 3/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, Sailing Rebel said:

Avoiding the creatures is one solution, but ultimately at least one of the aroused meshes used for canines is either corrupt or not converted for SE. Replacing these will clear up the issue. Ask in the MNC thread and see if they can help you identify the problematic files.

A new development.  A dog went chasing after an NPC and successfully bonked her without issue.  It seems to only crash when it pertains to my character.

37 minutes ago, dalenmastermind said:

A new development.  A dog went chasing after an NPC and successfully bonked her without issue.  It seems to only crash when it pertains to my character.

Not all dogs use the same aroused model. You'd need to use each breed in turn to figure out which one has the bad mesh.

3 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Not all dogs use the same aroused model. You'd need to use each breed in turn to figure out which one has the bad mesh.

Ain't just dogs.  Seems to be vanilla non-monsters in general.  Trolls, giants, etc. are all ripe for the boinking, but wolves, horses, dogs, and a few others don't seem to.  I did try and bonk the exact same dog and it CTDed again.

6 hours ago, dalenmastermind said:

Ain't just dogs.  Seems to be vanilla non-monsters in general.  Trolls, giants, etc. are all ripe for the boinking, but wolves, horses, dogs, and a few others don't seem to.  I did try and bonk the exact same dog and it CTDed again.

Again, CTD on SL Creature animation is almost always bad mesh and/or skeleton files. The files involved are likely going to be from XPMSSE, MNC, ASOS, ABC. They are either not installed correctly, not converted to SE, not compatible with each other, or are just corrupt. The only way to fix this is to identify and replace these files with working ones or remove them.

This is not an Aroused Creatures issue.

Hello thanks for this great mod, however I'm having an issue which I'm not sure if it has something to do with this mod but I'm hoping to get any help possible.

The problem is no matter what I do all the creatures' sexlab gender is set to female, even though matched creature gender is unchecked.

I tried overriding gender to male with creature framework and manually changing the gender in Sexlab MCM (which doesn't work at all, it just stays female while I can change any human's gender) nothing ever works they just stay female.

Every creature being forced to be female is causing various issues in my game, does anyone know what might be causing this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't have any creature related mods except MNC, Creatureframework standalone, Aroused Creatures and Sexlab More Creatures.

53 minutes ago, toturus said:

The problem is no matter what I do all the creatures' sexlab gender is set to female, even though matched creature gender is unchecked.

There is a bug in the SexLab MCM that will cause all creatures to be reported as female. This does not affect their actual sex and can be ignored.

4 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

Hey Sailing Rebel just wondering if your planning on any further diolouge expanions for followers or npcs? I know its not easy to make them and I thank you for your work.

At the moment the only dialogue option I'm considering adding is one for triggering groups. I've not put too much work into it so far as initial tests have proved unsatisfying hit-and-miss.

There was some discussion further back in the thread about adding post-engagement dialogue which I like the sound of. But it would require a great deal of work and creativity to make it worthwhile so that the options are immersive and users are not seeing the same responses too often. I think I might be better as a separate mod.

6 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

At the moment the only dialogue option I'm considering adding is one for triggering groups. I've not put too much work into it so far as initial tests have proved unsatisfying hit-and-miss.

There was some discussion further back in the thread about adding post-engagement dialogue which I like the sound of. But it would require a great deal of work and creativity to make it worthwhile so that the options are immersive and users are not seeing the same responses too often. I think I might be better as a separate mod.

ill leave some extra ideas for whatever your up to doing. I know you suggest the extra ctreatures plugin, which i use. What if women around town commented on how aroused ect creature was over there. They could maybe stop you and ask you what you thought just had it as like a diolouge conversation you can bring up like "There sure are alot of horses/ dogs in this town". That could then lead to them mentioning arousal or wether or not they liked that kinda thing.

Horse farmers could give you an option to satisfy their horses on their farms because there is a lack of mares in skyrim.

You could have an some extra diolouge options for your dog follower. Ect tell an npc " My dog is looking for a new bitch".

Just some immersion ideas, keep up the good work ?

8 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

ill leave some extra ideas for whatever your up to doing. I know you suggest the extra ctreatures plugin, which i use. What if women around town commented on how aroused ect creature was over there. They could maybe stop you and ask you what you thought just had it as like a diolouge conversation you can bring up like "There sure are alot of horses/ dogs in this town". That could then lead to them mentioning arousal or wether or not they liked that kinda thing.

Horse farmers could give you an option to satisfy their horses on their farms because there is a lack of mares in skyrim.

You could have an some extra diolouge options for your dog follower. Ect tell an npc " My dog is looking for a new bitch".

Just some immersion ideas, keep up the good work ?

Yes, quests are another thing that would be interesting, like stable owners asking you to keep their stallions satisfied, or being asked to "deal" with a pack of wolves bothering the local women. But robust quests like that usually require at least some cell edits such as positioning disabled objectives, and that's something that's never going to happen in Aroused Creatures at all.

Really there is vacuum there waiting for a new immersion mod.

If I had time I'd be up for giving it a go, but right now I can't even get to the last few passes needed on AC for the final v4 release.

I seem to be having trouble getting Aroused Creatures to work for my player character.

The critters seem to have no problem whatsoever harassing and mounting my folllower (Zora, 3DNPCs) - and will chase her all the way out of town in their determination to do so.

However, I'm no longer getting any form of approach or notification thereof for my own character. I've checked all the settings. PC encounters are turned on, and are only limited by the creature's arousal (same as NPCs). I can be surrounded by critters exceeding their arousal threshold, and they'll exclusively go after other NPCs and not my character.

Any idea on what might be causing this?

3 hours ago, Caco Demon said:

I seem to be having trouble getting Aroused Creatures to work for my player character.

The critters seem to have no problem whatsoever harassing and mounting my folllower (Zora, 3DNPCs) - and will chase her all the way out of town in their determination to do so.

However, I'm no longer getting any form of approach or notification thereof for my own character. I've checked all the settings. PC encounters are turned on, and are only limited by the creature's arousal (same as NPCs). I can be surrounded by critters exceeding their arousal threshold, and they'll exclusively go after other NPCs and not my character.

Any idea on what might be causing this?

Make sure that General Settings > Creature Preference is set to No Preference (default).

Check the Help page to see if the PC is failing engagement tests. If so highlight the failure code to get an explanation and possible solution.

43 minutes ago, canislupusrufus said:

I have no idea why but vortex is telling me that it isnt a valid plugin, Im not very computer literate or anything so small words pls (Im using SexLab Aroused Creatures SE v04.0 RC3 (Beta 13.7z) incase that helps)

I think this is a Vortex bug. Make sure the mod is deployed before using LOOT.

9 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Make sure that General Settings > Creature Preference is set to No Preference (default).

Check the Help page to see if the PC is failing engagement tests. If so highlight the failure code to get an explanation and possible solution.

I've confirmed the creature preference is set to "No Preference".

It looks like player interactions are being blocked by a quest. Though, it doesn't give me any actual quest IDs or anything to tell me what might be causing it.

8 hours ago, Caco Demon said:

I've confirmed the creature preference is set to "No Preference".

It looks like player interactions are being blocked by a quest. Though, it doesn't give me any actual quest IDs or anything to tell me what might be causing it.

There is probably another mod that is keeping the PC in a quest scene for some reason (a bad one, invariably). As a workaround, under Other Settings > Compatibility & Fixes enable the Allow Actors in Scenes option. This will allow AC to work but will not solve the underlying issue and could cause problems with other quests.

If you want to find out which quest, and so maybe which mod, is doing this you will need to enable papyrus logging for the game, enable the Debug option in Aroused Creatures > General Settings, try to engage a creature and then check the logs which should name the quest involved. There may be some console commands to identify an active scene in-game but for the life of me I can't find them right now.

I'll look into making it easier for users to find out what quests are blocking when this happens to the PC (it can already be done for NPCs and creatures by enabling Debug and then hitting [N] on them - the quest name is displayed in the notification).

4 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

There is probably another mod that is keeping the PC in a quest scene for some reason (a bad one, invariably). As a workaround, under Other Settings > Compatibility & Fixes enable the Allow Actors in Scenes option. This will allow AC to work but will not solve the underlying issue and could cause problems with other quests.

If you want to find out which quest, and so maybe which mod, is doing this you will need to enable papyrus logging for the game, enable the Debug option in Aroused Creatures > General Settings, try to engage a creature and then check the logs which should name the quest involved. There may be some console commands to identify an active scene in-game but for the life of me I can't find them right now.

I'll look into making it easier for users to find out what quests are blocking when this happens to the PC (it can already be done for NPCs and creatures by enabling Debug and then hitting [N] on them - the quest name is displayed in the notification).

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me on this. ?

I'll activate debug mode as suggested and have a look in the papyrus logs to see if I can identify the quest. I'll also post my findings here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

This is gonna sound weird but...

To your knowledge, is there anything  in ARoused creatures- or the "bare bones" sexlab mods to go with it.... that:

as you fuck a creature, your relationship rank changes?  is there a setting i might have missed?

The reason for the question, is (TLDR)  after 14 hours of no problems in game play, on hour 15 pretty much "all" dungeon mobs turned passive....    given that i dont have anything that modifies draughr beyond whatever is added or changed by sexlab, all the mobs - vampires, spiders, draugur- turning friendly has got to eiter be a vanilla game bug or beats me... whats weird- is at no point in that 15 hours have i added, removed, or changed mod settings, load order, etc...

legit-  according to the console, my relationship rank with draugur in dungeons is "Acquaintance"

anyway, as the question pertains to aroused creatures?

4 hours ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

This is gonna sound weird but...

To your knowledge, is there anything  in ARoused creatures- or the "bare bones" sexlab mods to go with it.... that:

as you fuck a creature, your relationship rank changes?  is there a setting i might have missed?

The reason for the question, is (TLDR)  after 14 hours of no problems in game play, on hour 15 pretty much "all" dungeon mobs turned passive....    given that i dont have anything that modifies draughr beyond whatever is added or changed by sexlab, all the mobs - vampires, spiders, draugur- turning friendly has got to eiter be a vanilla game bug or beats me... whats weird- is at no point in that 15 hours have i added, removed, or changed mod settings, load order, etc...

legit-  according to the console, my relationship rank with draugur in dungeons is "Acquaintance"

anyway, as the question pertains to aroused creatures?

If you're using a mod like Defeat, or something that changes death outcome (Death Alternative etc), try using their respective "Reconfigure/Clean Up" and "Reset Player State/Reset Status Effects" options under "General" and "Utility" pages in their MCM menus. It tends to help fix up issues with faction identification if any of their (and/or other mods's) death sequences or calming effects have been triggered by bleedout/death.

Is this supposed to work with sexlab's "disable victim controls" function? It doesn't seem to, even when setting everything to NonCon. Tried searching through the scripts but from what I can tell it should be working, as IsVictim is being set to true. Defeat works in the same load order.

18 hours ago, t0r3l said:

Is this supposed to work with sexlab's "disable victim controls" function? It doesn't seem to, even when setting everything to NonCon. Tried searching through the scripts but from what I can tell it should be working, as IsVictim is being set to true. Defeat works in the same load order.

Just tested and it seem to be working. It should be noted that the PC can only be treated as a victim during automated engagements. Voluntary engagements through dialogue will still be consensual even when using the Rough option.

1 hour ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Just tested and it seem to be working. It should be noted that the PC can only be treated as a victim during automated engagements. Voluntary engagements through dialogue will still be consensual even when using the Rough option.

I was testing with automated engagements as well. I'll see if something is conflicting. All the other mods I've checked are also working correctly so I might be missing something in the mod settings.

Edit: Actually I just figured out the problem - it works correctly for female PCs but not for male PCs with "male receiver" enabled. Seems like a bug to me?

Edit2: I'm definitely not familiar with papyrus/sexlab API/SLAC etc. but if I were to guess I think there is a typo here:

; Add actors
	If victimGender == 0
		; Male NPC attacker, female creature victim
		thread.AddActor(akVictim)
		thread.AddActor(akAttacker, IsVictim = nonConsensual)
	Else
		; Female NPC victim, male creature attacker 
		thread.AddActor(akVictim, IsVictim = nonConsensual)
		thread.AddActor(akAttacker)
	EndIf

in that if the player is male, the victim flag is being set on the attacker, not the victim. I'm trying to figure out how to recompile to see if that fixes it.

Edit3: Yeah I have no idea how to compile scripts for skyrim. I'm also beginning to doubt that this snippet is actually a typo but rather that this is a bug because of a design oversight in the control flow.