Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

I realize this has been asked at least three times now, but no one has answered:

Is there a known bug or mod interference with the "Restrict aggressive animations" option? It doesn't work for me and some other people, since animations tagged Aggressive are used in consensual interactions. Does anyone know of a fix to this? Thank you!

When you say "tagged", do you mean animations with keywords that indicate they are aggressive animations or are you talking about animations that are "Toggled" on in the "Aggressive Animations" section of the "Toggle Animations" page in the Sexlab MCM Menu since it is ONLY the latter that matter.

I actually didn't realize that! But there doesn't seem to be any issues with my Toggle Animations->Aggressive Animations page - I did a quick test and got FB's Prone Rape, which is correctly checked as Aggressive, through a consensual interaction.

What mod are you using to trigger sex?

Mostly WorkingGirl, but I've been able to trigger aggressive animations through Eager NPCs and Random Sex as well when selecting consensual dialogue/MCM options.

I also have Defeat and Prison Overhaul installed, but they are working as expected. At least they aren't triggering consensual animations!

I realize this has been asked at least three times now, but no one has answered:

Is there a known bug or mod interference with the "Restrict aggressive animations" option? It doesn't work for me and some other people, since animations tagged Aggressive are used in consensual interactions. Does anyone know of a fix to this? Thank you!

When you say "tagged", do you mean animations with keywords that indicate they are aggressive animations or are you talking about animations that are "Toggled" on in the "Aggressive Animations" section of the "Toggle Animations" page in the Sexlab MCM Menu since it is ONLY the latter that matter.

I actually didn't realize that! But there doesn't seem to be any issues with my Toggle Animations->Aggressive Animations page - I did a quick test and got FB's Prone Rape, which is correctly checked as Aggressive, through a consensual interaction.

Mostly WorkingGirl, but I've been able to trigger aggressive animations through Eager NPCs and Random Sex as well when selecting consensual dialogue/MCM options.

I also have Defeat and Prison Overhaul installed, but they are working as expected. At least they aren't triggering consensual animations!

The working of the API is ambiguous on this one. Working Girl uses the Thread Model method of starting animations and should be explicitly excluding the "aggressive" animations using the excluded keywords. If he used the simpler methods of starting sex the setting of that option would be honored but I think for the thread model it is intended that the modder take control.

Ashal can verify that though. Code used in Working Girl is:

Function VaginalSex(Actor SpeakerRef)

sslThreadModel Thread = SexLab.NewThread()
	Thread.AddActor(PlayerRef)
	Thread.AddActor(SpeakerRef)
	Thread.SetAnimations(SexLab.GetAnimationsByTags(2, "Vaginal,MF" , "Foreplay"))
	Thread.StartThread()

Endfunction
Should this be honoring the "Restrict Aggressive" setting in MCM?

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. But when I have Sexlab installed it my Skyrim CTDs when I run out of Stamina, if I disable the Sexlab.esm then it no longer crashes when I run out of stamina. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Since the Sexlab Framework itself does absolutely no monitoring of the player or any NPC for condition whatever is happening can't be directly cause by the Framework and would have to be caused by some other mod that does monitor the player and possibly links to the Sexlab Framework.

Since having Sexlab without other mods to use it is like owning a car but never having any fuel to drive it I suggest you examine the mods that use the framework.

However! First make sure you are doing the things that make the game more stable in the first place since the whole problem may just be because of the anthill known as Skyrim crashing so here is a great summary of things you should be doing and the download location for the best set of patches that squash a few of the most noxious of those "ants". http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56084-crash-fixes/

The only other mod I use that ties directly into SL is SL Defeat, when I disable it I still get crashes when out of stamina, but when I disable both the crashes stop. I also have installed those crash fixes and so far the crashes still happen. I searched the forums and I saw 2 other people made similar claims but never stated how they exactly fixed it.

Then document the CTD: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46913-how-to-debug-ctd/?do=findComment&comment=1174832

I am having this problem as well so I created a test MINIMUM REQUIREMENT installation with an isolated clean install of Skyrim.

This is my esp load order:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Sexlab.esm

FNIS.esp

SkyUI.esp

I am using SKSE v1.7.3

Skyrim Version 1.9.32

I installed the mods in this order using NMM:

1. FNIS Behavior 6.3

2. SkyUI 5.1

3. XP32 Maximum Skeleton 1.96

4. Sexlab Framework 1.62

Note: Tried with and without Unofficial Legendary Patch, no change.

Ran FNIS For Users in Administrator Mode

Launched through SKSE with NMM

Successfully Loaded in using "sstartingcell=helgenhomestead" debug line in skyrim.ini, no positive or negative effect

Power Attack 2 times

CTD

Conclusion: This current version of Sexlab Framework seems to have a problem with Stamina levels that may normally (or be expected to) go into the negatives through overexertion as I've noticed that 1 power attack takes more than 50% stamina. It may be expecting a negative number and only receives 0 or NaN, then causes a CTD.

Conclusion: You don't know a damned thing about what you are talking about.

The Sexlab Framework has NOTHING TO DO WITH STAMINA whatsoever.

Did you try that with Vanilla game? No mods at all? You'll get the same result, you don't have much stamina at the start of a new game.

EDIT: That reads harsher than I intended but since the harsh version may have gotten emailed to you I'll leave it and apologize for unnecessary rudeness.

The point though remains, Sexlab doesn't have anything at all to do with stamina, it doesn't alter stamina and it doesn't test for stamina anywhere.

I sent the other poster to the link I gave so they could document the CTD they were having, not because there was some sort of link between Sexlab and stamina.

That's not logically possible, sir. Your statement runs contradictory to recorded reality, you must be mistaken.

There has to be a link between sexlab framework and stamina or else it would not CTD if I ran out of stamina. Uninstalling Framework from my test installation instantly fixes the crash, as that (and it's requirements) are the only mods in that particular installation. Logically, it has to touch stamina somewhere or it would not even have that effect.

This was not the first and only test run of sexlab framework I have ever tried and this experimental test run was not done in my regular installation of skyrim. As a matter of fact, framework works perfectly as intended as far as sex goes in my regular install and the test install, crashing when and only when my stamina ever tries to become less than zero. Animations work as intended, spells work as intended, hotkeys work as intended, and even various plugins work as intended until I trigger the crash with the conditions that I have discovered through my experiments. I have ran this experiment several times with different parameters and came up with the same conclusion. The only variable that causes or could possibly cause a CTD triggered by the loss or lack of stamina through combat is the Framework itself, not the requirements.

Perhaps it's some kind of support or bugfix for one of the new versions of the Defeat mod which checks for stamina or some kind of framework for a stamina buff or debuff related to rape mechanics.

I went a step higher than merely documenting the CTD. With my experience as a game tester in multiple closed betas for previously unreleased and some cancelled mmos, along with my extensive experience modding bethesda games that extend all the way back to morrowind, I have isolated a definite cause for a crash. In my experienced opinion, there is no possible way that framework does not attempt to read nor alter stamina in some way, with disastrous results.

[edited for proofreading]

That's not logically possible, sir. Your statement runs contradictory to recorded reality, you must be mistaken.

There has to be a link between sexlab framework and stamina or else it would not CTD if I ran out of stamina. Uninstalling Framework from my test installation instantly fixes the crash, as that (and it's requirements) are the only mods in that particular installation. Logically, it has to touch stamina somewhere or it would not even have that effect.

This was not the first and only test run of sexlab framework I have ever tried and this experimental test run was not done in my regular installation of skyrim. As a matter of fact, framework works perfectly as intended as far as sex goes in my regular install and the test install, crashing when and only when my stamina ever tries to become less than zero. Animations work as intended, spells work as intended, hotkeys work as intended, and even various plugins work as intended until I trigger the crash with the conditions that I have discovered through my experiments. I have ran this experiment several times with different parameters and came up with the same conclusion. The only variable that causes or could possibly cause a CTD triggered by the loss or lack of stamina through combat is the Framework itself, not the requirements.

Perhaps it's some kind of support or bugfix for one of the new versions of the Defeat mod which checks for stamina or some kind of framework for a stamina buff or debuff related to rape mechanics.

I went a step higher than merely documenting the CTD. With my experience as a game tester in multiple closed betas for previously unreleased and some cancelled mmos, along with my extensive experience modding bethesda games that extend all the way back to morrowind, I have isolated a definite cause for a crash. In my experienced opinion, there is no possible way that framework does not attempt to read nor alter stamina in some way, with disastrous results.

I have examined the Sexlab code many times and I do know coding, I've probably written code in more languages than you even know exist. I have also beta tested code both professionally and personally, I know quite well how to research problems, how to document them, how to report them and even how to fix them.

Sexlab has NOTHING to do with stamina. It doesn't set it, it doesn't check it, it doesn't use it for anything at all.

You have a different bug that you are attributing to Sexlab but you are looking at the wrong mod.

Thousands of other people have the Sexlab Framework installed and are NOT getting CTDs when they run out of stamina.

You have some other mod causing the problem, you need to go back and look harder. I noticed you blame the Framework but also admit you are using Defeat, guess what? Defeat uses Stamina, it checks for a loss of stamina and monitors stamina. If you are running Defeat then perhaps you should be seeing what that mod does.

I have examined the Sexlab code many times and I do know coding, I've probably written code in more languages than you even know exist. I have also beta tested code both professionally and personally, I know quite well how to research problems, how to document them, how to report them and even how to fix them.

Sexlab has NOTHING to do with stamina. It doesn't set it, it doesn't check it, it doesn't use it for anything at all.

You have a different bug that you are attributing to Sexlab but you are looking at the wrong mod.

Thousands of other people have the Sexlab Framework installed and are NOT getting CTDs when they run out of stamina.

You have some other mod causing the problem, you need to go back and look harder. I noticed you blame the Framework but also admit you are using Defeat, guess what? Defeat uses Stamina, it checks for a loss of stamina and monitors stamina. If you are running Defeat then perhaps you should be seeing what that mod does.

Heya. I'm going to cut in here before this convo runs out of control.

To put it simply, xerochance, NMM is crap. Often, it'll leave bits of a mod that were generated after installation (e.x. FNIS behaviours) just lying around when you remove the mod. Not to mention, some files overwrite base game scripts. The result is that you probably have a script somewhere leftover that triggers on stamina change, then sends some function call to another script -- that's no longer installed.

Now, without SexLab, your game's VTable (table of virtual functions) is going to be just the size of the base game, plus some SkyUI. With Sexlab, you're suddenly attaching a whole new program that's almost as big as the game where code is concerned. When you run out of stamina and the script makes its call without SexLab, it'll call somewhere out of bounds and Skyrim will jot down an error and ignore it. If you run out of stamina WITH SexLab, that unrelated script modification has a lot more room to call and hit somewhere undefined in this new program, and it does. Because SexLab is a loaded part of memory, Skyrim can't ignore the function call as a simple error and tries to call it, resulting in a pure virtual function call CTD.

There are always alternate explanations, especially when hundreds of other users don't have the issue. Try unpacking your Scripts.rar over your scripts folder, xerochance, or even better reinstall Skyrim from scratch.

Btw, your handle is awesome and you did a lot of great work isolating your setup's crash down to SexLab. Sadly, the base framework doesn't check stamina 'cause it doesn't need to. Defeat can make all of its checks itself. I'm glad you enjoy the mods we've got here, though, and are going through such effort to use them. Good luck to ya!

... To put it simply, xerochance, NMM is crap. Often, it'll leave bits of a mod that were generated after installation (e.x. FNIS behaviours) just lying around when you remove the mod. Not to mention, some files overwrite base game scripts. The result is that you probably have a script somewhere leftover that triggers on stamina change, then sends some function call to another script -- that's no longer installed.

This, indeed. The first few *years* of my modding "carreer" I've been using NMM and, believing myself somewhat competent, imagined I could maintain it all without things breaking. Breaking installations is for people who have no idea what they're doing after all, right?

Wrong. You can't maintain a clean and well-functioning Skyrim installation with NMM no matter what. It will break down eventually because it gives you very limited control over things and because many mods modify files you'd not expect them to. Add on top of that that many mods overwrite files already in place from other mods and you have the inevitable result of an escalating probability of disaster. I did shy away from Mod Organizer for a long time because it seemed complicated, what with virtual space and everything. Switching to MO after yet another total breakdown of my Skyrim install however quickly showed that MO is easy to learn and once you did learn it, it will keep your Skyrim installation clean and gives you a LOT of control over everything. Nothing is ever overwritten and you can track down and fix issues and conflicts yourself extremely easily.

The fact that after all those years, Nexus does NOT advise against using NMM and recommends MO instead, is baffling to me.

Tl;dr: Get MO. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Hi, sorry for bothering you guys^^. Anyway some of the sex animation is off by the same amount for every animation. I know that I can just move it manually, but is there a way so that it fixes every single one? If possible can anyway list what could be problems like texture or skeleton perhaps?

Hi, sorry for bothering you guys^^. Anyway some of the sex animation is off by the same amount for every animation. I know that I can just move it manually, but is there a way so that it fixes every single one? If possible can anyway list what could be problems like texture or skeleton perhaps?

Have you checked to make sure it's not an issue with High Heels (there's a setting for dealing with heel that might make for the difference you are seeing).

Have you checked to make sure it's not an issue with High Heels (there's a setting for dealing with heel that might make for the difference you are seeing).

This setting? is it in the mcm menu or do you have to reinstall?

This setting? is it in the mcm menu or do you have to reinstall?

All the settings are in the MCM Menu.

Oh, I noticed that button and it is checked; however I am not using unoffical legendary skyrim patch maybe that is why? The patch crashes my game, so i cant use it haha. Should I send a screenshot and I noted that my character is like couple cm off the ground. Perhaps a female texture mod is the reason the animations aren't aligning up, when I say they are not aligning I mean that that the body are in right spots, but the male penis is just hitting above or below the pussy. Also when people kiss the bodies have a good gap between each other, so they are kissing air.

Hi , here is my suggestion.

In current version of sexlab, we just watch the animation.

Maybe we can add some qte in next ver? During the sex animation, player need to press the right key on right time, other wise there will be some punishment(like decrease max hp), and also, mods like defeact can use the qte result to change their action.

Oh, I noticed that button and it is checked; however I am not using unoffical legendary skyrim patch maybe that is why? The patch crashes my game, so i cant use it haha. Should I send a screenshot and I noted that my character is like couple cm off the ground. Perhaps a female texture mod is the reason the animations aren't aligning up, when I say they are not aligning I mean that that the body are in right spots, but the male penis is just hitting above or below the pussy. Also when people kiss the bodies have a good gap between each other, so they are kissing air.

Your description this time tells what your first description did not, the difference in alignment is not the same all the time. That just means the bodies you are using aren't the exact bodies use by whoever set up the alignment for those animations and since various animations were set up at different times by different people there is no one set of bodies that will make all the animations line up perfectly. You'll have to use the hotkeys or the MCM menu to adjust the alignment of the animations to match the bodies you are using (Hint, some animations will never look right).

Your description this time tells what your first description did not, the difference in alignment is not the same all the time. That just means the bodies you are using aren't the exact bodies use by whoever set up the alignment for those animations and since various animations were set up at different times by different people there is no one set of bodies that will make all the animations line up perfectly. You'll have to use the hotkeys or the MCM menu to adjust the alignment of the animations to match the bodies you are using (Hint, some animations will never look right).

Thank you, I have already started to do that.

The working of the API is ambiguous on this one. Working Girl uses the Thread Model method of starting animations and should be explicitly excluding the "aggressive" animations using the excluded keywords. If he used the simpler methods of starting sex the setting of that option would be honored but I think for the thread model it is intended that the modder take control.

Ashal can verify that though. Code used in Working Girl is:

Function VaginalSex(Actor SpeakerRef)

sslThreadModel Thread = SexLab.NewThread()
	Thread.AddActor(PlayerRef)
	Thread.AddActor(SpeakerRef)
	Thread.SetAnimations(SexLab.GetAnimationsByTags(2, "Vaginal,MF" , "Foreplay"))
	Thread.StartThread()

Endfunction
Should this be honoring the "Restrict Aggressive" setting in MCM?

I did some further testing and concluded that the issue was with WorkingGirl. My other mods respected "Restrict Aggressive" with only a few hiccups, and there's a clear difference when I switch it on vs off.

Thank you for making an effort to help me in any case!

Ashal - I apologize if this question doesn't belong to this thread but I don't know where to post it.

Question: My PC had a sex and during the sex the game CTDed. When I checked my log file, I found this message:

"(11083137)>]: Laraya got 5 exposure for  watching sex of Heler
[01/12/2017 - 01:05:19AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Horse got 4 exposure for  watching sex of Heler"

Now, I don't have creature installed and supported at all. All worked fine until I started a new game and I didn't change anything. So, my question is: How the horse can be aroused if my game doesn't support any creatures.... Where is the problem and what can I do? Thanks.

Ashal - I apologize if this question doesn't belong to this thread but I don't know where to post it.

Question: My PC had a sex and during the sex the game CTDed. When I checked my log file, I found this message:

[01/12/2017 - 01:05:19AM] [slainternalscr <sla_Internal (11083137)>]: Horse got 4 exposure for  watching sex of Heler"

Now, I don't have creature installed and supported at all. All worked fine until I started a new game and I didn't change anything. So, my question is: How the horse can be aroused if my game doesn't support any creatures.... Where is the problem and what can I do? Thanks.

No idea what the CTD issue is, but Aroused arouses ALL npcs including horses.  It however should have very little impact on your system.

Also, just because aroused wrote the last error message, it does not mean that it caused your CTD.  Try turning off logging to see if the CTD goes away.  If that works, then you probably need to reduce your papyrus load because as you get to higher levels, you'll get more load which will cause CTDs down the road.

No idea what the CTD issue is, but Aroused arouses ALL npcs including horses.  It however should have very little impact on your system.

Also, just because aroused wrote the last error message, it does not mean that it caused your CTD.  Try turning off logging to see if the CTD goes away.  If that works, then you probably need to reduce your papyrus load because as you get to higher levels, you'll get more load which will cause CTDs down the road.

I see. Thank you for your advice. :)

I've seen a lot of CTD issues with SexLab when the "CTD Fix" option isn't enabled (no internal use of resize actor).  That fixes a lot of CTD issues for a lot of players, including myself.  It should really be enabled by default in my opinion.  Also don't enable debug mode in SexLab unless you are a guru trying to debug something in the mod.

I've asked this question before and no one had a fix for it so I'll ask it again.  Rarely, one of the actors is invisible during a SexLab scene.  It usually happens when only two actors are involved, the player and an NPC.  I haven't found a way to refresh the actor during the scene to make them visible again without breaking the scene.  They always turn visible once the scene ends.  This is the only issue I have with SexLab and it doesn't happen a lot.  My game runs nearly flawlessly and is well optimized so it isn't my setup.  I can play the game smoothly for five hours at a time without issues.  I'm pretty sure it is a SexLab or FNIS bug.

I've seen a lot of CTD issues with SexLab when the "CTD Fix" option isn't enabled (no internal use of resize actor).  That fixes a lot of CTD issues for a lot of players, including myself.  It should really be enabled by default in my opinion.  Also don't enable debug mode in SexLab unless you are a guru trying to debug something in the mod.

Thanks for the tip. CTD fix is ALWAYS enabled in my game. :)

It IS enabled by default, people turn it OFF and then forget they did so if they don't CTD the first time they have sex.

I've asked this question before and no one had a fix for it so I'll ask it again.  Rarely, one of the actors is invisible during a SexLab scene.  It usually happens when only two actors are involved, the player and an NPC.  I haven't found a way to refresh the actor during the scene to make them visible again without breaking the scene.  They always turn visible once the scene ends.  This is the only issue I have with SexLab and it doesn't happen a lot.  My game runs nearly flawlessly and is well optimized so it isn't my setup.  I can play the game smoothly for five hours at a time without issues.  I'm pretty sure it is a SexLab or FNIS bug.

It's probably the HDT system, try turning off the "Teleport" option since those teleporting operations tend to get the HDT system all hot and bothered.

Hello people,

say, what can cause animations not to play as intended, but resulting in one or both (or more) actors to T-pose? I can't try any new animations pack beyond Leito's completed work, because all animations T-pose. Sometimes even those animations fail that normally work - but only, when I select it directly via SL tools.

Of course, I did a fresh install of SL, FNIS, the skeleton, animation loader, all animations, ran FNIS several times. I also had the idea that somewhere in my MO I once placed the files created by FNIS, so I'm overwriting my old results by accident... but I simply cant find anything.

What would be the logical way to proceed? Switch everything off and activate one by one, trial and error? Or is there some prominent bug that causes animations to T-pose? It can't be because of using too many at one setup, since it even occurs with vanilla SL + Leito + Anub.

Thanks in advance for your advice, people.