Hello, I need help with animations, I've been trying to solve it for a long time but nothing comes out. When moving in combat mode or attacking with a hand restrain, the hands go beyond the limit and begin to behave like normal fists, while normal movement and attacking in stealth mode behave normally. I tried deleting saves, game data, looking for various files related to skyrim or this mod, deleting all mods, all this together and much more. I'll be completely resetting the drive soon, but I'd be interested to know what the problem might be if that doesn't help or if it doesn't happen again. I probably already wrote about this problem somewhere, but a very long time ago and since that moment I have not found a solution. image.jpeg.0b4c57e1df787bab16fbea6f02d1f3e3.jpeg

2 hours ago, Failiks1 said:

Hello, I need help with animations, I've been trying to solve it for a long time but nothing comes out. When moving in combat mode or attacking with a hand restrain, the hands go beyond the limit and begin to behave like normal fists, while normal movement and attacking in stealth mode behave normally. I tried deleting saves, game data, looking for various files related to skyrim or this mod, deleting all mods, all this together and much more. I'll be completely resetting the drive soon, but I'd be interested to know what the problem might be if that doesn't help or if it doesn't happen again. I probably already wrote about this problem somewhere, but a very long time ago and since that moment I have not found a solution.

Looking at your modern looking HUD on a screenshot, are you using Nemesis by any chance?

If you are, check out my post here.

Also, consider trying using DAR for movement. ?

Edited by krzp
16 minutes ago, krzp said:

Looking at your modern looking HUD on a screenshot, are you using Nemesis by any chance?

If you are, check out my post here.

Also, consider trying using DAR for movement. ?

Yes, I use nemesis, I don't remember exactly if I was using fnis or nemesis at the time the error first appeared, since it was a very long time ago. I looked at your posts, I will try to do what is written there.

2 hours ago, Failiks1 said:

Yes, I use nemesis, I don't remember exactly if I was using fnis or nemesis at the time the error first appeared, since it was a very long time ago. I looked at your posts, I will try to do what is written there.

Easiest way to fix that is just to grab DAR if you don't have it already, install the conversion from zarantha's post, make sure it's lower in order than DD so it overwrites the files, and re-run nemesis.

Edited by krzp
48 minutes ago, krzp said:

Easiest way to fix that is just to grab DAR if you don't have it already, install the conversion from zarantha's post, make sure it's lower in priority than DD so it overwrites the files, and re-run nemesis.

I'm not very good at English and I don't understand English fully. I would like to ask you a few points to know for sure that I will do everything right.
Do I need to use the DAR conversion as a normal mod or build it into the main DAR? Should the DAR be prioritized after DD or just DAR conversion only?
Do I need to use both nemesis and fnis or can I use just nemesis?

11 minutes ago, Failiks1 said:

I would like to ask you a few points to know for sure that I will do everything right.

No problem ?

1. Download DAR (if you are on SE 1.5.97 get 1.1.0, if on AE get the latest 1.1.3), install it with your mod manager.

2. Download the DD_5.2 to Dar conversion_v1.1.7z from the troubleshooting post under DD 5.2 spoiler, install it with your mod manager in such a way that it overwrites the regular DD installation (if you're on Mod Organizer 2, just keep it lower than your Devious Devices, so it overwrites a few files from that - if you have a different mod manager, check out its documentation on how to do that).

3. After you did that, run Nemesis and re-generate the behaviours ("Launch Nemesis Engine" button).

Done. Now your movements will be correctly handled by DAR, and Nemesis will take care of all the struggles and the rest.

You don't need FNIS at all if you didn't have it before. If you've had it before alongside your Nemesis, you'll probably need to re-generate FNIS's files too, after the DAR conversion installation - but I'm not sure about the tricks there as I don't use it, i'm on a DAR + Nemesis setup.

P.S. If you had DAR and some animations for it installed before, check the \meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions, and make sure that DD conversion has the highest number - i.e. if you've had something with a 500000, make sure to rename all the DD DAR folders from 100xxx to like 2000000xxx ?

29 minutes ago, krzp said:

No problem ?

1. Download DAR (if you are on SE 1.5.97 get 1.1.0, if on AE get the latest 1.1.3), install it with your mod manager.

2. Download the DD_5.2 to Dar conversion_v1.1.7z from the troubleshooting post under DD 5.2 spoiler, install it with your mod manager in such a way that it overwrites the regular DD installation (if you're on Mod Organizer 2, just keep it lower than your Devious Devices, so it overwrites a few files from that - if you have a different mod manager, check out its documentation on how to do that).

3. After you did that, run Nemesis and re-generate the behaviours ("Launch Nemesis Engine" button).

Done. Now your movements will be correctly handled by DAR, and Nemesis will take care of all the struggles and the rest.

You don't need FNIS at all if you didn't have it before. If you've had it before alongside your Nemesis, you'll probably need to re-generate FNIS's files too, after the DAR conversion installation - but I'm not sure about the tricks there as I don't use it, i'm on a DAR + Nemesis setup.

P.S. If you had DAR and some animations for it installed before, check the \meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions, and make sure that DD conversion has the highest number - i.e. if you've had something with a 500000, make sure to rename all the DD DAR folders from 100xxx to like 2000000xxx ?

I installed the DAR converter, I did not find where I can change the mods position and the DAR converter was not displayed in the "loot".
When I started the game  move and move in combat  animations in restrain worked fine, but the idle animation and combat idle stopped working. Did I do something wrong?

33 minutes ago, Failiks1 said:

I installed the DAR converter, I did not find where I can change the mods position and the DAR converter was not displayed in the "loot".

If you're on Mod Organizer 2, that's the left panel with all installed mods, not the right panel where the load order plugins are.

Make sure that DD to Dar is lower than regular DD in the left panel.

DAR conversion doesn't need LOOT, it has no plugins.

33 minutes ago, Failiks1 said:

When I started the game  move and move in combat  animations in restrain worked fine, but the idle animation and combat idle stopped working. Did I do something wrong?

If you have any other DAR animation mods, check out their folders structure, make sure that DD to DAR ones have the largest number, as I've mentioned in the P.S. part

If you don't have any other DAR animations installed, that's interesting and I'm not sure why this would happen, perhaps some other mod conflicts with it - do you have any other mods that might override the idles? Combat overhauls or something like that?

Edited by krzp
16 minutes ago, krzp said:

If you're on Mod Organizer 2, that's the left panel with all installed mods, not the right panel where the load order plugins are.

Make sure that DD to Dar is lower than regular DD in the left panel.

DAR conversion doesn't need LOOT, it has no plugins.

If you have any other DAR animation mods, check out their folders structure, make sure that DD to DAR ones have the largest number, as I've mentioned in the P.S. part

If you don't have any other DAR animations installed, that's interesting and I'm not sure why this would happen, perhaps some other mod conflicts with it - do you have any other mods that might override the idles? Combat overhauls or something like that?

Everything worked. Thank you very much.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:46 PM, krzp said:

If your DAR has been working prior to the installation of the conversion, I'd probably look to the FNIS/Nemesis outputs as being the culprit, something probably didn't work there.

Maybe the load order? Mine looks like that:

Nemesis, <you probably have FNIS output here>, Nemesis output, DD, DDtoDAR.

Make sure that all the dd conversion is turned on when you are updating FNIS and Nemesis, so both generators are aware that they are not supposed to use FNIS animations for movement.

I can't comment on the manual overwriting of files, because I kinda assume that not using mod organizers is a highly personal choice of a very experienced user, so I didn't really test that path ? although, even that shouldn't probably crash the game outright, as I didn't put anything... too game breaking there?

Sorry just now seeing this, my DD and such is above FNIS and Nemesis, the only reason I use FNIS is for creatures since Nemesis doesn't support creature animations. SO at the bottom is FNIS>Fnis Creatures>Nemesis>FNIS Output>Nemesis Output>XPMSE. 
I have/only run Nemesis with DAR because FNIS is turned off after you update it since you only need the filepath animations. However when I have Nemesis and the DD DAR loaded it says I have too many animations. So I think that might be the issue. 

1 hour ago, Raine_Hyd said:

I have/only run Nemesis with DAR because FNIS is turned off after you update it since you only need the filepath animations. However when I have Nemesis and the DD DAR loaded it says I have too many animations. So I think that might be the issue. 

What I meant was that both FNIS and Nemesis need to pick up the edited FNIS_DD_list.txt from the DAR conversion, not from the regular DD one - or otherwise one of the generators might accidentally create a moveset that relies on Nemesis, not DAR.

If you have a lot of animations, I've posted a small DAR ini tweak (first version of the conversion had it in the main archive, but I've excluded it in the update), which is supposed to up the available animations limit to 32k - do note, however, that while it might stop giving you warnings, but instead just plainly crash due to Skyrim not being able to handle all this spicy animating goodness ?

Edited by krzp
1 hour ago, krzp said:

What I meant was that both FNIS and Nemesis need to pick up the edited FNIS_DD_list.txt from the DAR conversion, not from the regular DD one - or otherwise one of the generators might accidentally create a moveset that relies on Nemesis, not DAR.

If you have a lot of animations, I've posted a small DAR ini tweak (first version of the conversion had it in the main archive, but I've excluded it in the update), which is supposed to up the available animations limit to 32k - do note, however, that while it might stop giving you warnings, but instead just plainly crash due to Skyrim not being able to handle all this spicy animating goodness ?

My responses arent going through sometimes. But I'm pretty sure I have something like that for the limit already. But I'll check that one too. 
I do get the animation limit warning when I have the DAR DD enabled; with it disabled it doesn't give me that message. 
Thanks' for all the help thus far. 

On 5/25/2023 at 2:48 AM, Gudulba said:

Since DD 5.2, I have a performance issue with the included HDT chains/objects. As soon as an NPC (3BA body) wears one of these chains in my line of sight, CPU usage goes through the roof and FPS from 60 to 2. It doesn't make a difference whether I build the DD HDT objects in BodySlide as HDT or as No-HDT.

I didn't have this issue in DD 5.1. Is this a known issue with 5.2?

The old XMLs are on the troubleshooting post if you're having problems. Not sure why some people are, i'm not.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se/?do=findComment&comment=3077930

23 hours ago, Piper_No_Piping said:

While I also have issues with the HDT chain bindings causing the frame rate to crawl (though in my case it is only for a second, and not really a serious issue) there is another thing which currently plagues me.

Basically, the HDT collusion on the anal plug with the "whore" sign (and the vaginal plug with the bells) propels my pc up into the air to flop and float about through the perpetual motion of the glitched object. ?

If it helps, player positioning doesn't actually follow the body mesh as it rises.

I have no idea how you've managed to do that. I have never seen that and don't know where to start. I suppose you could try the old XMLs too, but it sounds like some other kind of conflict you'll need to take apart your load order for.

How to solve the problem with a padded bra? The character's chest comes out of the textures just below and out of the textures. Even when wearing a padded bra, breast physics is present, and the soft bra itself behaves normally. (I use 3ba body)
Sorry if this question is too stupid.

12 minutes ago, 0l0011 said:

How to solve the problem with a padded bra? The character's chest comes out of the textures just below and out of the textures. Even when wearing a padded bra, breast physics is present, and the soft bra itself behaves normally. (I use 3ba body)
Sorry if this question is too stupid.

Make sue you used the HDT bra when you made it in bodyslide. There's a non-hdt and a hdt version. HDT will have physics and should fix that. If it doesnt check that your actual bodypreset is working with DD. Sometimes it doesnt and you need to set it 

31 minutes ago, Raine_Hyd said:

Make sue you used the HDT bra when you made it in bodyslide. There's a non-hdt and a hdt version. HDT will have physics and should fix that. If it doesnt check that your actual bodypreset is working with DD. Sometimes it doesnt and you need to set it 

Thanks, it helped. The moving metal looks a little weird, but it's better than a texture bug.

I've been having trouble with furniture animations specifically with NPCs. When I first place them into the furniture it's fine. But then after about 30 seconds they will revert back to a standing pose and the furniture will disappear, occasionally appearing again and reverting back to the furniture pose for several seconds before disappearing again...and so forth.

Has anyone encountered this?

Only have 20 mods active, still cant get the arms into the binder. Specifically Devious Devices Assets from QUI just wondering if thats the point of assets and the rest are fine

Edited by Xilir
4 hours ago, Xilir said:

Only have 20 mods active, still cant get the arms into the binder. Specifically Devious Devices Assets from QUI just wondering if thats the point of assets and the rest are fine

Don't test using devices from assets. They don't have scripts attached. Use devices from expansion if you're testing.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:39 PM, zarantha said:

Are you trying on a new game?
Is anything overwriting DD?

What do you have for mod install order? Plugin order looks ok, although joy of perspective has caused CTDs in the past with DD.

I did start a new game, and I don't believe anything is overwriting DD. I'll take off JoP and see if that fixes anything.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

Just an FYI:

I am aware of the new CBBE update that adds more sliders. I have no plans to update DD's CBBE bodyslides until Ousinous has finished adding all the new sliders, which they alluded to doing in a future version.

Hmm, good to know. For now I will refrain from updating to the new CBBE then.

52 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

Hmm, good to know. For now I will refrain from updating to the new CBBE then.

The screenshot below is from his discord. As long as your preset doesn't use the extra sliders, you shouldn't have any issue with morphs and would still get the other goodies. Now if someone makes a preset using the new sliders, that will cause mismatches in shape between the body and outfit. That said, when the next update does release, it will still take me a good amount of time to update all the outfits. Not looking forward to that! :D 

(This does not apply to 3BA users)

image.png.118d1402fbe6e5e18a3d07eebf8cdd7a.png

Edited by zarantha