52 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

I see. Although those were not my favourite choice, thank you for making DD-DAR happen, which I have been long waiting for.

Months ago I did tried to run the script by myself, but I just a normal mod user, knowing nothing about how to compile. So I gave up and put Skyrim away waiting for a savior. And here you come!

As for manually swapping out the animations, is it just copy-paste-replace some files, or still need to compile the particular files to make it work? 

Yeah, I've figured that the DIY approach could be a bit difficult (i had to learn all this stuff from scratch in order to do that, it isn't easy), so I've sent this file in hopes that maybe this will gain some momentum and the finally be included as a regular DD feature ?

Manually swapping involves copying your animations, no need to recompile - but you do need to preserve the names, as DD has a different naming scheme. So, say you want to replace the hopping ones with stepping, then you need to go to the installation archive, pick up the files in 00 Base/meshes/actors/animations/character, and copy the hbc*_mtwalk*(walkforward, walkbackwards, etc) files somewhere. Then, grab the hbc0 files, copy them into the /meshes/actors/animations/character/DynamicAnimatonReplacer/_customconditions/100200/female (<- this is the folder for the hobbled legs, free arms animations), and delete the hbc0_ prefix from your newly copied animations. Then, repeat the same for the hbc1, hbc2, etc, all the way to hbc5.

This is absolutely possible, but a bit tedious to do manually - a much easier solution would be to use the script Roggvir posted, choose the animations you want in it, let it work it's magic and use the rest of the already compiled scripts and FNIS files from my archive (basically, overwrite the whole /meshes/actors/animations/character/DynamicAnimatonReplacer/_customconditions from my archive with the same folder from the output the script gives you, keeping the rest). 

Hope that helps. ?

2 hours ago, krzzp said:

Yeah, I've figured that the DIY approach could be a bit difficult (i had to learn all this stuff from scratch in order to do that, it isn't easy), so I've sent this file in hopes that maybe this will gain some momentum and the finally be included as a regular DD feature ?

Manually swapping involves copying your animations, no need to recompile - but you do need to preserve the names, as DD has a different naming scheme. So, say you want to replace the hopping ones with stepping, then you need to go to the installation archive, pick up the files in 00 Base/meshes/actors/animations/character, and copy the hbc*_mtwalk*(walkforward, walkbackwards, etc) files somewhere. Then, grab the hbc0 files, copy them into the /meshes/actors/animations/character/DynamicAnimatonReplacer/_customconditions/100200/female (<- this is the folder for the hobbled legs, free arms animations), and delete the hbc0_ prefix from your newly copied animations. Then, repeat the same for the hbc1, hbc2, etc, all the way to hbc5.

This is absolutely possible, but a bit tedious to do manually - a much easier solution would be to use the script Roggvir posted, choose the animations you want in it, let it work it's magic and use the rest of the already compiled scripts and FNIS files from my archive (basically, overwrite the whole /meshes/actors/animations/character/DynamicAnimatonReplacer/_customconditions from my archive with the same folder from the output the script gives you, keeping the rest). 

Hope that helps. ?

Damn! Are you reading my mind?

The hobbled animations are exactly what I wanted to replace, and how to locat them is what I am about to ask... 

Thank you for being sooooooo nice and helpful!!!

12 hours ago, Gyra said:

@krzzp For the DAR conversion, do we need to touch any of the animation files that are installed by the DD fomod? Or is it just a simple drag-and-drop of your DAR file (as linked on the troubleshooting post) onto the DD installation?

If you're using MO2 or another mod organizer with a comparable functionality, just install it lower in priority than than the regular DD. The DAR conversion actually doesn't touch any of the existing DD animation files, the DAR ones sit in the new folder, but the archives overwrites a few FNIS-related files - behaviours and TXT lists, plus one script.

In case of a manual installation, yeah, a simple drag and drop should suffice, but, i'd make all kinds of backups, though. ?

20 hours ago, 1947421196 said:

Damn! Are you reading my mind?

The hobbled animations are exactly what I wanted to replace, and how to locat them is what I am about to ask... 

Thank you for being sooooooo nice and helpful!!!

No problem, glad to help out. ?

Also, if you would want to do it manually, this is the how the regular DD prefixes match to DAR folder structure:

Spoiler

hbc0 ->100200

hbc6 ->100201

hbc5 ->100202

hbc4 -> 100203

hbc3 -> 100204

hbc2 -> 100205

hbc1 -> 100206

(i.e. walking and running anims with the prefix hbc3 should go to the folder 100204/female).

Then again, i'd recommend using the script again, it's a lot quicker.

1 hour ago, krzzp said:

Then again, i'd recommend using the script again, it's a lot quicker.

Of course, if this method has nothing to do with compiling, it'll definitely be my first choice.

Also I am using Immersive Interaction, and I have tried adding conditions to the II files as you suggested few pages ago.

NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Integration.esm" | 0x062539) AND
NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Assets.esm" | 0x02C531) AND
NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Assets.esm" | 0x00CA3A) AND
NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Integration.esm" | 0x060A46) AND
NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Integration.esm" | 0x0866B8) AND
NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Integration.esm" | 0x05F4BA) AND
NOT IsWornHasKeyword("Devious Devices - Assets.esm" | 0x00CA3A) AND

I roughly tried few arm bondages, but it seems not doing well. Hands still break free doing interactions like opening door, looting things, etc.

I guess there're too many heavy bondage items to be all covered by these few lines?

Any further suggestions, please? (Hopefully not too complicated)

One more thing, I found out that bondage animations running well on NPC when they're walking or standing still, but their hands break free when turning around (playing other movement animations). I have set all the DD-DAR customconditions archives to super-high priorities (if I'm not mistaken), like 2100000xxx, but couldn't help. 

BTW, PC animations are all running well, so far.

Any other options but to delete related movement mods?

Thanks a lot, once again.

Edited by 1947421196
32 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

I roughly tried few arm bondages, but it seems not doing well. Hands still break free doing interactions like opening door, looting things, etc.

I guess there're too many heavy bondage items to be all covered by these few lines?

Any further suggestions, please? (Hopefully not too complicated)

I haven't used that mod at all for some reason, but after looking at the file structure, it seems to me that it might be using FNIS/Nemesis for some of those animations and behaviours, and their animations always seem to take priority over DAR, due to the nature of the frameworks.

So, this will probably require some modifications to Immersive Interactions, i'm not sure what would that be - maybe there is something in the ESP or it's mod configuration that can block this mod from executing while wearing devices with those keywords? Or one could tweak the behaviour files somehow, but that's a little above my level of knowledge as of now ?

37 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

One more thing, I found out that bondage animations running well on NPC when they're walking or standing still, but their hands break free when turning around (playing other movement animations). I have set all the DD-DAR customconditions archives to super-high priorities (if I'm not mistaken), like 2100000xxx, but couldn't help. 

This one I can help you with, as I've struggled with the same problem.

I've posted a DD to Nemesis compatibility patch in the other topic, in it, there's a ESP that nukes that particular turning animation from ever displaying.

You can ignore the rest of the patch if you don't use Nemesis, but try loading that ESP and see if it helps your NPCs.

Also, a few posts down in that thread, @ihatemykite posted a different solution to this problem, which involves copying another animation with some specific names - I didn't test this one yet, but it seems like a more elegant solution than mine. ?

4 hours ago, krzzp said:

So, this will probably require some modifications to Immersive Interactions, i'm not sure what would that be - maybe there is something in the ESP or it's mod configuration that can block this mod from executing while wearing devices with those keywords? Or one could tweak the behaviour files somehow, but that's a little above my level of knowledge as of now

Thanks for the information. Sounds like that's not worth our efforts to deal with.

Since I kinda dig in that mod, I have come up with my own solution -- enable it while normal game play, and disable it when doing bondage related quests. Dummy but effective, for me.?

4 hours ago, krzzp said:

I've posted a DD to Nemesis compatibility patch in the other topic, in it, there's a ESP that nukes that particular turning animation from ever displaying.

You can ignore the rest of the patch if you don't use Nemesis, but try loading that ESP and see if it helps your NPCs.

Also, a few posts down in that thread, @ihatemykite posted a different solution to this problem, which involves copying another animation with some specific names - I didn't test this one yet, but it seems like a more elegant solution than mine. ?

I've read both post, good to know what to and how to do about it. I'll give a try.

Sorry for bothering again. @zarantha 

Played couple of hours with DD5.2 SE, and came across two yoke problems. I went through like ten pages back in this thread and didn't find anyone mention them. So I decided to ask about them. 

1.This type of yoke(I call it thin yoke) has misalignment between the bar and cuffs. I have tried "steel simple yoke", "steel yoke", "tough black metal yoke", all the same.

The thicker ones and the wooden ones are good.

image.png.04b8a737e5eae9e603de25748ea5c3ca.png

I've been playing with DD from 5.1 to 5.2 beta DC 10, and this never happened before.

2. When equiping a yoke, regardless of type, then enter bondage combat and move/run/turn, it become the armbinder animation, as two arms are bind behind.

Haven't tried straitjackets though, not sure if there're same problem. Straitjacket animations go well.

Could you please check these out?

FYI, I am using DD-DAR conversion, so I can't really tell if it's a DD or DD-DAR problem. If DD has nothing wrong, I'll try to figure out what‘s wrong with DD-DAR then.

Thanks.

Edited by 1947421196
14 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

Sorry for bothering again. @zarantha 

Played couple of hours with DD5.2 SE, and came across two yoke problems. I went through like ten pages back in this thread and didn't find anyone mention them. So I decided to ask about them. 

1.This type of yoke(I call it thin yoke) has misalignment between the bar and cuffs. I have tried "steel simple yoke", "steel yoke", "tough black metal yoke", all the same.

The thicker ones and the wooden ones are good.

image.png.04b8a737e5eae9e603de25748ea5c3ca.png

I've been playing with DD from 5.1 to 5.2 beta DC 10, and this never happened before.

2. When equiping a yoke, regardless of type, then enter bondage combat and move/run/turn, it become the armbinder animation, as two arms are bind behind.

Haven't tried straitjackets though, not sure if there're same problem. Straitjacket animations go well.

Could you please check these out?

FYI, I am using DD-DAR conversion, so I can't really tell if it's a DD or DD-DAR problem. If DD has nothing wrong, I'll try to figure out what‘s wrong with DD-DAR then.

Thanks.

1. Don't know how to fix it. I suspect it's the animation. It's happened for me on previous versions too. I didn't touch that device other than making the file SE compatible, it has no bodyslides.

2. Make sure you don't have old patches. I didn't see that in testing on the final update to 5.2

3. It could be the DAR conversion, krzzp would be the one to say there. I don't see it on my personal DAR conversion I did a while back, but I didn't do any of the fancy stuff he did either. You could disable the DAR patch and test without. That would confirm or rule it out.

1 hour ago, 1947421196 said:

This is a DD to DAR problem, there was a bunch of posts about it in the original topic. If you are using my file, I think I did try to correct it by manually copying the correct animations to the corresponding folders?

The locomotion pose's set needs to be incremented by 1 to be valid. If you look at the original files in animations/DD there is no abc0_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx but there is abc1_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx - abc7_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx. So I'm assuming this basically means each restraint is actually associated with the incremented locomotion pose. For example, yoke corresponds to abc1 and its locomotion pose should actually be abc2_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx. However the patcher isn't incrementing this which leads to misplaced animation files. Instead the yoke gets abc1_h2h_locomotionpose.hkx which actually corresponds to the armbinder hence the broken combat animations.

Also, there's an updated version of the script posted here, which should copy the correct h2h_locomotion poses to the right folders - although I didn't try that one personally, as I've already done this by hand. ?

Edited by krzzp
11 minutes ago, krzzp said:

This is a DD to DAR problem, there was a bunch of posts about it in the original topic. If you are using my file, I think I did try to correct it by manually copying the correct animations to the corresponding folders?

Yeah, I've double checked my archive just now, it should have the correct ones in the correct folders.

If you re-ran the script to change animations, perhaps try doing that with the updated one.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-05-18 204211.png

Edited by krzzp

I've tried building the files in Bodyslide as instructed, trying various methods listed in various guides without forgetting to clean the meshes before trying a new method but some items; the hobble dresses for example are still invisible.

Edit: I might've found the issue. more info if I actually get it working

Edited by SkwidBoi
9 hours ago, zarantha said:

1. Don't know how to fix it. I suspect it's the animation. It's happened for me on previous versions too. I didn't touch that device other than making the file SE compatible, it has no bodyslides.

2. Make sure you don't have old patches. I didn't see that in testing on the final update to 5.2

Oddly I never run into this on previous versions but only on 5.2 official. Probably another issue caused by DD-DAR animations. Sigh...

Speaking of old patches, I do use some DCL patches and voice packs for old version, could anything go wrong?

image.png.d0495ecbcd462050b94e0922ba00cc31.png

9 hours ago, krzzp said:

Yeah, I've double checked my archive just now, it should have the correct ones in the correct folders.

I'm using the file "DD_5.2 to Dar conversion_h2h_corrected.7z" from the troubleshooting post. Downloaded in 2 days ago. 

Haven't touch anything but only changed priority from 100xxx to 2100000xxx.

Have you tested in game? Or is there difference between your own archive and the one in troubleshooting post?

Could anyone help please? I got the same message as a previous user when trying to start the game after updating DD to the latest version. I have Skyrim AE 1.6.640 and I picked the AE option. Reinstalling did not make it work. Switching back to 5.1 makes it work again.

It's possible that I had installed a dll fix or update, but I don't remember doing so. If that's the case, does anyone know of one that may work with this new version?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

why.png

3 hours ago, 1947421196 said:

Oddly I never run into this on previous versions but only on 5.2 official. Probably another issue caused by DD-DAR animations. Sigh...

Well, I've used the standard DD 5.2 animations, no changes were made to the files - so, if the offsets are off, they should behave the same with or without DAR.

I think it always looked like that with this device, with FNIS, Nemesis and DAR - I thought this was the intended behaviour ? Perhaps the offsets are wrong in the MaikCG animations? You could always test by quickly replacing , for example, a single mt_runforward,hkx in 100005/female (iirc that's the folder for yokes without any boots) with a different type of animation (Base/Feurtin/Cedec) and see if that fixes that particular problem.

3 hours ago, 1947421196 said:

Have you tested in game? Or is there difference between your own archive and the one in troubleshooting post?

Oh, absolutely, I've been using this for quite some time - I did add a lot of stuff to mine, changed a few idles here and there, but the base of it should be the same.

Although, me screwing up somewhere is absolutely a possibility that we shouldn't rule out! ?

Is this happening only with yokes? Can you try a different type of device? For example, do the frontal cuffs show the animation for something else when in combat?

4 hours ago, Altami said:

Could anyone help please? I got the same message as a previous user when trying to start the game after updating DD to the latest version. I have Skyrim AE 1.6.640 and I picked the AE option. Reinstalling did not make it work. Switching back to 5.1 makes it work again.

It's possible that I had installed a dll fix or update, but I don't remember doing so. If that's the case, does anyone know of one that may work with this new version?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Find the correct version in the .7z file. Or trying the the AE dlls one after another.

image.png.52beda51937a39495afd47b81034a74e.png

24 minutes ago, krzzp said:

Well, I've used the standard DD 5.2 animations, no changes were made to the files - so, if the offsets are off, they should behave the same with or without DAR.

I think it always looked like that with this device, with FNIS, Nemesis and DAR - I thought this was the intended behaviour ? Perhaps the offsets are wrong in the MaikCG animations? You could always test by quickly replacing , for example, a single mt_runforward,hkx in 100005/female (iirc that's the folder for yokes without any boots) with a different type of animation (Base/Feurtin/Cedec) and see if that fixes that particular problem.

Ohh..I've always been using basic animations from 5.1 to 5.2 Beta and never seen this misalignment. So to me it looks like MaikCG cause the problem. 

I have just download DARExplorer right before this post, so I need to take some time figuring out how to use it or replace any animation.

14 hours ago, krzzp said:

If you re-ran the script to change animations, perhaps try doing that with the updated one.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot 2023-05-18 204211.png

I checked my DAR archives just like you posted, it shows the right animations. 

Spoiler

image.png.370b52911c8940fc769d8c6b502742ab.png

Then I tested in game, this time I tried to do many movements in bondage combat mode.

Attack, sneak, sneak attack, sprint, jump, all using yoke animations as they should be. 

Only moving/running/turning animation go wrong using armbinder animation. 

1 hour ago, krzzp said:

Is this happening only with yokes? Can you try a different type of device? For example, do the frontal cuffs show the animation for something else when in combat?

On reading this I tried other devices immediately and found out frontal cuffs and breast yoke are also problematic.

Spent some time going through the animations in DAR explorer, I found out that folder xxx001 and xxx101 are missing h2h_locomotionpose! And there are corresponding animations from 002 to 006 and from 102 to 106. Are the miss causing all the trouble?

4 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

On reading this I tried other devices immediately and found out frontal cuffs and breast yoke are also problematic.

@zarantha

On my test of frontal cuffs, I used "Iron handcuffs". When equipped, my game FPS immediately dropped from 40-50 to like 1. Still moving, but super slow. Save&load didn't help. After unequipping, the game immediately resumed its normal FPS. 

So far it has not happened with other devices.

46 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

Spent some time going through the animations in DAR explorer, I found out that folder xxx001 and xxx101 are missing h2h_locomotionpose! And there are corresponding animations from 002 to 006 and from 102 to 106. Are the miss causing all the trouble?

001 are the elbow ties poses - and, for some reason, DD doesn't have a correct h2h_locomotion pose for that one - you can use the DAR explorer's FNIS tab and look at all the installed non-DAR animations, there is a abc6_h2h_locomotion (should be the elbow tie), which displays the same animation as abc2_h2h_locomotion (yoke one). So this is the DD limitation, I'm currently searching my old archives to see if I can find the correct one.

But this shouldn't affect the other devices.

Looking at the load order, is nothing overwriting the DD to Dar file, the scripts part?

What software are you using for the main non-dar animations, FNIS or Nemesis?

If the files are in the correct folders, the DAR should push them onto your character, if a different animation plays - that means this could be overtaken by the main animation framework. If it's Nemesis, see if that compatibility patch helps with that.

52 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

Ohh..I've always been using basic animations from 5.1 to 5.2 Beta and never seen this misalignment. So to me it looks like MaikCG cause the problem. 

Ah, and I've rarely used other ones, always liked the synergy between those and his regular walking animations. ?

38 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

On my test of frontal cuffs, I used "Iron handcuffs". When equipped, my game FPS immediately dropped from 40-50 to like 1. Still moving, but super slow. Save&load didn't help. After unequipping, the game immediately resumed its normal FPS. 

If those are the HDT ones, I've had a similar problem, older files from the DD beta's, or an older version of FSMP helped me.

27 minutes ago, krzzp said:

Looking at the load order, is nothing overwriting the DD to Dar file, the scripts part?

No, not even a single file is overwriting the DD-DAR file. 

29 minutes ago, krzzp said:

What software are you using for the main non-dar animations, FNIS or Nemesis?

If the files are in the correct folders, the DAR should push them onto your character, if a different animation plays - that means this could be overtaken by the main animation framework. If it's Nemesis, see if that compatibility patch helps with that.

I have only used FNIS and never touched Nemesis. 

Also had a quick try on your patch, didn't help this but solved NPC turning problem. At least one thing done, hurray!

44 minutes ago, krzzp said:

If those are the HDT ones, I've had a similar problem, older files from the DD beta's, or an older version of FSMP helped me.

Ahh, another HDT issue... extra time of solving problems :(

43 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

I have only used FNIS and never touched Nemesis.

I could suggest Nemesis with my compatibility patch, to completely replicate my setup, but while I and a few other people was somehow able to make it work without too many hoops, i know Nemesis in general gets a bad rap here and can bring up some problems on it's own, esp. when creature stuff gets involved.

That said, i've been using it for almost a year, and I'm not switching back to FNIS unless someone pays me, I'm not giving up my Precision, TK dodge RE and TDM leaning  ?

But I'll try how the combat works with FNIS on my install, and we'll see if that's a common problem.

43 minutes ago, 1947421196 said:

solved NPC turning problem. At least one thing done, hurray!

?

Edited by krzzp
6 minutes ago, krzzp said:

I could suggest Nemesis with my compatibility patch, to completely replicate my setup, but while I and a few other people was somehow able to make it work without too many hoops, i know Nemesis in general gets a bad rap here and can bring up some problems on it's own, esp. when creature stuff gets involved.

That said, i've been using it for almost a year, and I'm not switch back to FNIS unless someone pays me, I'm not giving up my Precision, TK dodge RE and TDM leaning  ?

But I'll try how the combat works with FNIS on my install, and we'll see if that's a common problem.

Although I do use some mods like TK dodge, Ultimate combat, I'm not very care about fighting animations as a sneak-bow and usually-bondaged PC. ? 

I've been playing Skyrim for hundreds of hours and spent even more time on mod files, FNIS, MO, things like that. 

Plus, DD is 80% reason why I play Skyrim, so I feel very unsure and tiresome using Nemesis which is not yet officially supported by DD team. This DD-DAR thing is annoying me enough. Nemesis? No, thanks. At least for now.?

9 hours ago, 1947421196 said:

Speaking of old patches, I do use some DCL patches and voice packs for old version, could anything go wrong?

image.png.d0495ecbcd462050b94e0922ba00cc31.png

DCL hasn't been updated in a while, so if those are for v9.0, they're still current. They should only be overwriting DCL and nothing from DD.

The DD 5.1 voice may be a problem. I would look at what is conflicting there, or simply do tests without it enabled until you resolve the problem.

If it's a bsa with only voice files and it does not overwrite any scripts, or change anything in the ESMs/ESPs, then it's ok. Some things might have changed so the voice doesn't match the subtitles.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, 1947421196 said:

Although I do use some mods like TK dodge, Ultimate combat, I'm not very care about fighting animations as a sneak-bow and usually-bondaged PC. ? 

I've been playing Skyrim for hundreds of hours and spent even more time on mod files, FNIS, MO, things like that. 

Plus, DD is 80% reason why I play Skyrim, so I feel very unsure and tiresome using Nemesis which is not yet officially supported by DD team. This DD-DAR thing is annoying me enough. Nemesis? No, thanks. At least for now.?

So, I've turned off all my mods except the old FNIS + DD and DCL to replicate your load order somehow, created a separate profile for the FNIS test, and started a new game there - and yes, I've got the same problem with the combat movement. Apparently, Nemesis works better in that regard ?

The show animation command kindly displayed the /DD/abc1_h2h_locomotion, which mean that FNIS overrode Dar and pulled the incorrect animation from somewhere (which is strange, because I've deleted everything movement-related from the fnis.txt files). This could mean that I've screwed up in the /meshes/behaviour files somewhere, or there is some script calling for that, I'm going to check for that later.

I've tried a quick fix for that. What I've done, is I've renamed the remaining FNIS animations (if it insists on using those for whatever reason) without the +1 increments, and this could fix the combat movement mismatch for everything, except the elbow ties (they don't have the locomotion pose). Let this archive overwrite the DD install (keep it lower) - naturally, do keep a backup handy in case this breaks more things than it fixes. ?

edit: please note that I intend to to actually try to properly fix the combat, so this is more of an experimental stop-gap measure for the time being.

edit2: please check out the updated conversion 1.1, hopefully this patch won't be needed

Edited by krzp