ebonire armbinder are causing my screen to go absolutley bonkers. i dont know how quite to describe it just the screen goes into havok moen and it only occurs when in first person view and only ebonite armbinders do this. any help would be appreciated as to any idea of what is happeing because i cant figure it out

Hello, first time playing through the game with this mod. Not sure if this is the best place to ask my question but I noticed that the NPCs that are placed in standing stocks don't align correctly and is standing at a wierd angle clipping through the stocks. It's there a way to modify the position of the character in the stocks so they align correctly with the arm and head holes? 

6 hours ago, Arkazriel said:

Hello, first time playing through the game with this mod. Not sure if this is the best place to ask my question but I noticed that the NPCs that are placed in standing stocks don't align correctly and is standing at a wierd angle clipping through the stocks. It's there a way to modify the position of the character in the stocks so they align correctly with the arm and head holes? 

There's not. You can try changing the high heels toggle in sexlab, but that may not work and would affect your other animations as well. 

5 hours ago, leesjig said:

Sorry, was just wondering what these patches do: 'updated se patch' and 'slif patch'.  I've been using slif for awhile but haven't ever used a dd slif patch.

Also thanks so much for all the 3ba work...☺️

The SE patch fixes some partitions needed to fix gaps on the wrists and ankles that SE needs that LE doesn't. It also fixes some texture orders and a few other oddball things that were missed or couldn't be fixed because it's not an LE bug. 

SLIF patch... DD has MCM options for inflation to handle clipping, and maybe arousal. Don't quite recall. I don't use SLIF anymore or recommend it get used since Racemenu can do what it does now. I mostly did it originally when I was still using SLIF and noticed the patch installer had an out of date patch for DD. Using that patch from the SLIF patch installer is guaranteed to break DD at this point.

Still got the plug bug...you would of thunkk kimy would have fixed that by now.  Guess just don't keep any plugs in your inventory.  I had that pear anal plug in inventory, then got equipped one from trap, so now 2 of them in inventory with one equipped.  Then I go to remove the anal plug later, both disappear from inventory, but plug still visible hanging from her ass...guess I'll reload an old save loosing many hrs, damn.  what is the actual fix these days for that?  Seems even harder now to clear up the issue on this version.  

On 7/22/2020 at 12:30 AM, zarantha said:

Moved the conversation to a spoiler since I've taken over repurposed the post...

Reveal hidden contents

On 7/21/2020 at 7:41 AM, YojimboRatchet said:

then i guess with that answer, it goes back to my original question. which of those fixes / patches are required and needed with the current version of DD SE and which are redundant ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 7/20/2020 at 9:29 AM, YojimboRatchet said:

which is why i was suggesting perhaps adding these fixes as notes on the main post of the thread,

or another would be creating a new thread for hotfixes and such for DD (and maybe other mods) and maintaining the thread for these fixes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, since someone dug out the post where pfiffy had one of the first AIOs, and he does mention that the AIO includes the HDT stuff, this is how I'd handle patches. What  is needed depends on each person's install, not all patches will be needed by everyone. So 'required' is pretty loose.

Only Kimy can update the mod description and files to add the patches or not, she still owns/controls the project, including the DD conversion to SE. A new download page that consolidates fixes is possible, but would depend on Kimy. I tend to think that falls under the 'redistributing files' permissions, which is not allowed. We have been doing patches and workarounds based solely on her good will, and she has final say on the patching. Keeping them in this thread gives her a good chance to see to what we're doing. I'd prefer seeing how much is fixed on the next release before taking the step on creating a patch page.

And OK, I have more in my memory than I thought. New mega post for now.

This is the Devious Devices Troubleshooting post.

Please open the spoilers related to the topics you need more information on or help with.

DD SE 5.2

Reveal hidden contents

NOTE: (Breaking this out so it's more visible)  If you have script errors similar to the ones below after installing DD 5.2, install the patch fix here:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/?do=findComment&comment=4017930

DD SE 5.0 / 5.1 (old versions and unsupported) and DCL 9.0

Reveal hidden contents

Mirror for DCL 9.0

DCL 9.0 SE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGTplObNyKH0Gmcb6fyd6ojrg5z6lut6/view?usp=sharing

DLL updates for DD 5.1 (These are all included in DD 5.2):

Missing UNP bodyslides for DD 5.1 - sorry folks, this one is my fault. Now with low/high weights for elbowbinders.

UUNP DD Binders and Heretical SE 2.1.7z 96.41 MB · 732 downloads

Missing DD textures if you *don't* use DCL:

Devious Devices 5.x Textures for Non-DCL Users.7z 4.53 MB · 1,359 downloads

CFTO patch for DCL Dawnstar cart:

Deviously Cursed Loot 9.0 - CFTO patch.esp 46.48 kB · 451 downloads

Alternate Start patch to prevent ASLAL from warping you out of the keep:

ASLAL_NoHelgenKeepInterrupt.esp 1.28 kB · 479 downloads

Required for 3BBB:

BHUNP for DD and DCL: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10729-bhunp-3bbb-bodyslide-collection/

https://babofactory.blogspot.com/2020/05/bhunp-dda-ddx-ddi-se.html

Using DD 5.0 / 5.1 with DCL or Zaz?

1. If using DCL 8.5/8.4 and/or Zaz with DD 5.0: DCL-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches 20201204.7z
  2. If using DCL 9.0 and Zaz: DCL 9.0 or higher overwrites "DCL-Zaz HDT-SMP and other patches 20201204.7z"

SLIF patchs for DD and DCL. NOTE: Using the old SLIF patches (included in the SLIF patch installer) *will* break device locks!
          SLIF patch for DD 5.1 (rename to zadLibs.pex)
                    DD 5.1 SLIF patch.7z

SLIF patch for DCL 9.0

DCL 9.0 SLIF patch.7z 18.37 kB · 791 downloads

Required for DD 5.0 / 5.1

• Mouths not opening for gags == Install MFG Fix or another MFG mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669
  • Chains not moving == install HDT SMP: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30872
  • Don't want HDT SMP installed == build the 'NoHDT' options in the "DD Framework HDT or NoHDT chains" Bodyslide group. This is DDHotFix
  • DDa, DDx, etc groups missing == There is now a single group with everything: DD Framework CBBE SE.  Make sure to build this group instead.
  • Missing calves or forearms in outfits == Enable Devious Devices SE patch.esp. If still missing, report it please.

Short 'How to' BodySlide

AKA how to fix 'invisible' outfits.

Reveal hidden contents

BodySlide needs to be run through your mod manager, except for NMM. If you don't know how to start bodyslide from your mod manager, either google bodyslide setup with your mod manager, or read the bodyslide description page on the nexus.

For UUNP, make sure you have the LE BodySlide files to set BodySlide up to work correctly in SE with UUNP:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126669-question-on-uunp-bodyslide-references-for-sse/?tab=comments#comment-2699861

Alternatively, the LE files have been converted to SE here: Legacy UUNP (for SE) at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus

1. Launch bodyslide from your mod manager
  2. Check groups - either uncheck everything, or select "DD Framework CBBE SE" (or UUNP if you use that). This group applies to 5.0/5.1. If using 4.3, select DDa, DDx, Heretic, and catsuit groups.
    image.png.952ade0856357f6852c9ce570e7b25af.png
  3. Look for a DD outfit in the Outfit/Body section and select it. Make sure your preset shows up. If you have a custom preset, it's assumed you know  how  to fix it if it's not showing up.
  4. Build that one outfit using the 'Build' button in the bottom center. Check where it is outputting to.
    image.png.6454239eb1034d7791ccc674c60b79aa.png
  5. If it's not going to the data folder you have set something up wrong. Check your bodyslide settings and make sure you are starting bodyslide correctly.
    image.png.e2fd2473bec60b56f655a787c5acf6a2.png
  6. Since we're running through the mod manager, you should have your game folder as the output path. If you have trouble still, you can override where it gets written to in the advanced section. I recommend saving to a mod in the mod staging folder in your mod manager. When setting mod load order (not esp) this output mod should overwrite DD. Most people should have the output path empty.
    image.png.8decf2ffb6aced4716f5d235899cf651.png
  7. Now that you've got the paths setup correctly and have confirmed your preset is working with DD, you can batch build. Make sure Build Morphs are checked.
    image.png.b05ea3b2ca919ca75685d93b8d361ced.png
  8. Select the options you want, then let it run.

Known Issues

Reveal hidden contents

• Conflict with Easy Wheelmenu - SSE conversion and Easy Wheelmenu II. It is known to cause issues with the DCL scripts initializing. Solution - remove easy wheelmenu until DCL has been initialized and set up.
    Note: May also trigger the warning "You appear to run mods removing important tags from children characters..."
  • Dark Face issues in DCL - Export the facegen manually, or use Face Discoloration Fix
  • Idles not working/playing as expected with Nemesis - Use FNIS only if it doesn't work for you, Nemesis usuage has inconsistent results for DD users.
  • Conflict with No Enchantment Restriction SKSE Remake - Uninstall No Enchantment Restriction.
    Alternately, try disabling DisenchantEverything in the NoEnchantmentRestrictionRemake.json
    Locks break / don't work with this installed, and likely other unlisted conflicts
  • DCL conflict with iEquip - Prevent DCL events from equipping items == https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot-v85-2020-03-24/?do=findComment&comment=2716828
  • Conflict with Quick Loot SE - Uninstall Quick Loot
  • Conflict with Your Own Thoughts - CTD on equipping anything that changes to 'hobble' animations, or 'hobble' animations not playing at all. Uninstall YOT
  • Conflict with Devious Lore - breaks DCL traps. This should only be with the old, outdated patches. Devious Lore 3.x and the DD 5.2 patch should be fine with both DD and DCL.
  • Some chains are broken / don't connect right.
    This is a limitation of HDT SMP that can't currently be fixed. The Faster HDT SMP team is aware of the issue, and is looking at it. Meanwhile, some optimizations have been suggested and I am working on implementing them.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/60786-paradise-halls-home-sweet-home/?do=findComment&comment=2943956

Do HDT chains work for SSE version? I think the DD AIO package for SSE includes Heretical.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:41 PM, Musje said:

Nope. They can be made to work with SMP with some limitations. I tried to convert a couple of the ZAP cHDT ankle chains to SMP but those do not work well, SMP does not allow half loop dependencies (2 points fixed to bones with a chain between them).  But the chains attached to a single bone might work.

• CTDs due to Joy of Perspective installed with HDT SMP -  Build 'NoHDT' options from "DD Framework HDT or NoHDT chains" Bodyslide group or uninstall JoP
  • Player and/or NPC gets stuck in a bound walking animation with FNIS Sexy Move. Toggle the player 360 move. NPCs should be fixed after moving to a new location.
  • 360 move - Player and/or NPC walking or idle animations incorrect. Remove 360 move
  • Chains causing CTD even when HDT SMP installed -- Build 'NoHDT' options from "DD Framework HDT or NoHDT chains" Bodyslide group
  • DD ESMs are not form 44 - update to DD 5.2
  • For DD 5.0/5.1, if you play as an Argonian or Khajiit with BRRF installed, and experience CTDs with the prisoner chains, do the following until new alternate bodyslides for the beast race prisoner chains are made:
    • Build the 'noHDT' version of the prisoner chains
    • Go into your bodyslide output and locate the default prisoner chains. The path should be:
      Meshes\devious\Heretic\Restraints\PrisonerChains01.nif
    • Copy that file and paste it again to make a duplicate.
    • Rename the copy to "prisonerchains01_kha.nif" for Khajiit chains. To fix Argonians, the file name would be "prisonerchains01_arg.nif"
  • CTDs with Modern Female Sitting Animations Overhaul installed. This seems to be on existing saves from some quick testing I did. Try a new game.
    Alternately, you could try replacing DAR with OAR (currently patreon only). Open Animation Replacer
  • Reported conflict between DD and Skyrim Outfit System.

Which section is the "beta section"? (Looking for DD 5.2 3BA bodyslides)

3 hours ago, RoninDog said:

Which section is the "beta section"? (Looking for DD 5.2 3BA bodyslides)

It's out of beta now, so look under the DD SE 5.2 section. The full bodyslides are included with the released version, all that's there now is the patch for one of the ropebinders for 3ba. If you don't need that, then just download the non beta 5.2 from the download page linked on the first post of the thread.

9 hours ago, leesjig said:

Still got the plug bug...you would of thunkk kimy would have fixed that by now.  Guess just don't keep any plugs in your inventory.  I had that pear anal plug in inventory, then got equipped one from trap, so now 2 of them in inventory with one equipped.  Then I go to remove the anal plug later, both disappear from inventory, but plug still visible hanging from her ass...guess I'll reload an old save loosing many hrs, damn.  what is the actual fix these days for that?  Seems even harder now to clear up the issue on this version.  

I haven't run into that issue, and don't remember hearing about it, so if it wasn't reported during the beta, it wouldn't have gotten fixed. It might be that whatever is equipping the plug on you needs updated for DD 5.2. DCL should mostly work, but still needs that update, if that's where it's coming from.

12 hours ago, leesjig said:

what is the actual fix these days for that? 

Can't say anything concrete with info, what you give to us. First advice before update is remove all old devices from inventory (destroy it) as old devices can be damaged by update. So you also not mention other anal plug name. Later i will do some tests with pear plug, but it have a need time and not sure if i will be success to reproduce a bug. If you still have a save with bugged anal plug into ass, will be nice to using console find this plug id. Also in DD 5.2 is chance to fix this plug using console. First step will be manually unequipp rendered device. If not success second is manually equip match inventory device plug and try remove it again. As third step can be try to equip the same inventory device by inventory menu and see what happens.

11 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Can't say anything concrete with info, what you give to us. First advice before update is remove all old devices from inventory (destroy it) as old devices can be damaged by update. So you also not mention other anal plug name. Later i will do some tests with pear plug, but it have a need time and not sure if i will be success to reproduce a bug. If you still have a save with bugged anal plug into ass, will be nice to using console find this plug id. Also in DD 5.2 is chance to fix this plug using console. First step will be manually unequipp rendered device. If not success second is manually equip match inventory device plug and try remove it again. As third step can be try to equip the same inventory device by inventory menu and see what happens.

Thanks.  That might be what happened.  I was on 5.2 beta, had several dd items in my inventory.  Then I upgraded to 5.2.  I got trap with anal pear.  I didn't think about all the items in my inventory from old version prolly screwing things up, my bad.  So I went and dump all DD items from my inventory.  I'll do more plug testing.?

3 hours ago, julius135 said:

Hi, I installed the mod and the basic functions seem to work great. Is there mods that allow me to quickly trigger a sexlabs scene after I lock a follower or NPC in a device? I don't have any slavery mods installed

Sexlab Matchmaker (not mass matchmaker), or pick a content mod of your preference.

the mega list of stuffs.

@zarantha,

I found a couple of SE devices for which their meshes 3d index does not match their counterparts in LE. This breaks these devices (if re-textured) when converted from LE to SE, like a all of the DDe devices are. :classic_wink:

The fix is quite simple,

The first device is the Boxbinder. 
This shows the SE vs. LE mismatch, the SE is on the left.

Spoiler

BoxbinderCorrection02.jpg

This shows the correction. Just drag the ‘CBBE’ to under the ‘armbinder’, then ‘armbindermetal' to under the ‘CBBE’s.

Spoiler

BoxbinderCorrection03.jpg

Similarly for the correction of the Boxbinder Outfit.

Spoiler

BoxbinderCorrection01.jpg

The next device is the Zipsuit.
This shows the mismatch,

Spoiler

ZipSuit01.jpg

The correction.

Spoiler

ZipSuit02.jpg

Thanks. 

Edited by Inte
43 minutes ago, Inte said:

@zarantha,

I found a couple of SE devices for which their meshes 3d index does not match their counterparts in LE. This breaks these devices (if re-textured) when converted from LE to SE, like a all of the DDe devices are. :classic_wink:

The fix is quite simple,

The first device is the Boxbinder. 
This shows the SE vs. LE mismatch, the SE is on the left.

Reveal hidden contents

BoxbinderCorrection02.jpg

This shows the correction. Just drag the ‘CBBE’ to under the ‘armbinder’, then ‘armbindermetal' to under the ‘CBBE’s.

Reveal hidden contents

BoxbinderCorrection03.jpg

Similarly for the correction of the Boxbinder Outfit.

Reveal hidden contents

BoxbinderCorrection01.jpg

The next device is the Zipsuit.
This shows the mismatch,

Reveal hidden contents

ZipSuit01.jpg

The correction.

Reveal hidden contents

ZipSuit02.jpg

Thanks. 

I can try again, but last time i tried to save the reorder, it went back to the order you see as soon as I reopened the outfit after the save. But I last tried a few years ago, so maybe that was fixed since then.

Is this with the DDe retextures? I haven't seen any retextures broken in DD itself.

7 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I can try again, but last time i tried to save the reorder, it went back to the order you see as soon as I reopened the outfit after the save. But I last tried a few years ago, so maybe that was fixed since then.

Is this with the DDe retextures? I haven't seen any retextures broken in DD itself.

The newest Outfit Studio works. 

The reason the Boxbinder works in DDx is because the metal parts are not being retextured. You are only retexturing the 'armbinder' part which is always at index 0. 

Regarding the topic of bodyslide which was recently brough up, I have found some issues with bones on some devices. Mainly for boots and belts.

Boots that should be not elastic are elastic. For example, iron ballet boots should not be elastic at all. It should make the feet stiff. Fixed it by deleting weight for some bones

Boots before fix

Spoiler

After moving toe bone little

image.png.b9de4c9c1c86010730789abc9508617e.png

After fix, they should not be so much elastic when toe bone is manipulated by animation (easiest way to test is to just crouch). This applies to most restrictive boots.

Belts have similar issue, but this time it is caused by thigh bones, which makes the belts crotch to stretch

Before fix

Spoiler

image.png.7cb94c86d56f2fb2d659496ddb4ca8f3.png

After fix

Spoiler

image.png.c2a1597a6ed2b419186e6fa92817d7e1.png

Note that some bodies might have clipping issues. Mainly bodies with too thick thighs.

In general I applied this fix to following nifs

• DD - 3BA - EboniteBodyHarness
  • DD - 3BA - EboniteBodyHarness, No Collar
  • DD - 3BA - EboniteCatsuitBalletBoots
  • DD - 3BA - EboniteRestrictiveBoots
  • DD - 3BA - IronBelt
  • DD - 3BA - LeatherBodyHarness
  • DD - 3BA - LeatherBodyHarness, No Collar
  • DD - 3BA - LeatherRestrictiveBoots
  • DD - 3BA - PaddedBelt
  • DD - 3BA - PaddedBeltOpen
  • DD - CBBE SE - IronBalletBoots01
  • DD - CBBE SE - IronBalletBoots02

As you can see, I only fixed the 3ba meshes (except for iron ballet boots, because that mesh had no 3ba counterpart)

The files are not made as replacement, but instead as variant. Because of that, they have to be chosen in Bodyslide. You can just filter it with keyword "bone fix" and then batch build them.

@zarantha if the fix proves as useful, you can merge them to main version

Download: DD5.2SE_BSBoneFix.zip

1 hour ago, ihatemykite said:

Regarding the topic of bodyslide which was recently brough up, I have found some issues with bones on some devices. Mainly for boots and belts.

Boots that should be not elastic are elastic. For example, iron ballet boots should not be elastic at all. It should make the feet stiff. Fixed it by deleting weight for some bones

Boots before fix

Reveal hidden contents

After moving toe bone little

image.png.b9de4c9c1c86010730789abc9508617e.png

After fix, they should not be so much elastic when toe bone is manipulated by animation (easiest way to test is to just crouch). This applies to most restrictive boots.

Belts have similar issue, but this time it is caused by thigh bones, which makes the belts crotch to stretch

Before fix

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7cb94c86d56f2fb2d659496ddb4ca8f3.png

After fix

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c2a1597a6ed2b419186e6fa92817d7e1.png

Note that some bodies might have clipping issues. Mainly bodies with too thick thighs.

In general I applied this fix to following nifs

• DD - 3BA - EboniteBodyHarness
  • DD - 3BA - EboniteBodyHarness, No Collar
  • DD - 3BA - EboniteCatsuitBalletBoots
  • DD - 3BA - EboniteRestrictiveBoots
  • DD - 3BA - IronBelt
  • DD - 3BA - LeatherBodyHarness
  • DD - 3BA - LeatherBodyHarness, No Collar
  • DD - 3BA - LeatherRestrictiveBoots
  • DD - 3BA - PaddedBelt
  • DD - 3BA - PaddedBeltOpen
  • DD - CBBE SE - IronBalletBoots01
  • DD - CBBE SE - IronBalletBoots02

As you can see, I only fixed the 3ba meshes (except for iron ballet boots, because that mesh had no 3ba counterpart)

The files are not made as replacement, but instead as variant. Because of that, they have to be chosen in Bodyslide. You can just filter it with keyword "bone fix" and then batch build them.

@zarantha if the fix proves as useful, you can merge them to main version

Download: DD5.2SE_BSBoneFix.zip

Thank you, I'll take a look and add it in with Inte's recommendations too.

I need some help, armbinder and yoke animation does not work. I'm not sure what the problem might be. 

I got DAR installed along with some animations, I dont know if this can conflict with the armbinder animation.

ScreenShot0.thumb.png.3227c6cd24277501733fa4122712ca54.png

If i press R to go into combat and then run forwards, the arms go into the correct position 

ScreenShot1.thumb.png.cd428db4dc148b9d855d75513790c0bf.png

Once i stop running its wrong again

ScreenShot2.thumb.png.de0b818cc8b8f8f01d502c980fc00a43.png

Load order:

Spoiler

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl