9 hours ago, harwester said:

Found a incompatible mod with Devious Devices.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34175

No Enchantment Restriction Skse Remake

With that one most devices that gets equipped will get brokened. and the game thinks it not equipped.

Used a similar mod on the LE edition. And that worked.

Known issue. It's been in the troubleshooting post forever. There's a ini or json edit you can do to make the mod compatible if you must have it.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-50-2020-11-26/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930

10 hours ago, frostysenpaii said:

Edit:  I actually found the duplicate!!!!  Lets see if this works!  It was under a different grouping!

Edit of the Edit: It worked.  Thank you so much

Yeah, it's in a different group. that's how i messed up in the first place. :)

Turns out it was the base animations that are at fault, picking some of the other ones and there's no stutter.  FYI for anyone else with this issue.

Something afterward corrupted all possible future saves of my playthrough so I rage deleted everything though hah.

I do appologise if question was covered, this topic is massive and searaching topics is kind of a pain on LL(

I found myself unable to completely disable animation filter that comes with the latest DD. Function to ignore it for creature animation works as intended, but humanoid animations still get filtered. despite bound animation option being unchecked. Is it supposed to only prevent searching for armbinder/yoke/etc animations?

Or is it supposed to completely bypass filtering, including belt/plugs blocking, and something i run (Furniture framowork/Sl util+ as suspects) interfere with it?

These shackles were equipped by the 'Public Whore' mod

The console shows them as coming from Devious Devices Expansion

Like almost all the 'steel' items from Expansion, there seems to be something wrong with the textures, ie the items are all 'purple' and so the textures are presumably missing / in the wrong place / wrongly named etc

I have looked back through this thread and others have made the same comment, but the only suggested solution I found, ie to rinstall the mod, doesn't make any difference

Does anyone know how to fix this please? 

EDIT: In case it makes any difference, I do NOT have DCL installed in this particular game

SkyrimSE 2021-10-21 17-14-16-741.jpg

SkyrimSE 2021-10-21 17-13-41-836.jpg

Edited by donkeywho
2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

These shackles were equipped by the 'Public Whore' mod

The console shows them as coming from Devious Devices Expansion

Like almost all the 'steel' items from Expansion, there seems to be something wrong with the textures, ie the items are all 'purple' and so the textures are presumably missing / in the wrong place / wrongly named etc

I have looked back through this thread and others have made the same comment, but the only suggested solution I found, ie to rinstall the mod, doesn't make any difference

Does anyone know how to fix this please? 

EDIT: In case it makes any difference, I do NOT have DCL installed in this particular game

Yes, it makes a difference. I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere, that some items somehow depends on a few textures from DCL. At least for those shackles I checked and it is a fact - they use "textures\devious\cursedloot\mixedzazmetals01.dds". So, options to fix are:

1) install DCL, but uncheck ESP if you don't want them.

2) install just DCL textures folder

3) I believe I've seen a fix for this - but I honestly don't remember when and where, how it was called, and even if it is true...

EDIT. Oh, wait, found it. Troubleshooting post. There is a file in "If you are using DD SE 5.0 / 5.1 and DCL 9.0" spoiler for when you AREN'T using DCL9.0.

Edited by DeWired
found a fix
6 minutes ago, DeWired said:

Yes, it makes a difference. I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere, that some items somehow depends on a few textures from DCL. At least for those shackles I checked and it is a fact - they use "textures\devious\cursedloot\mixedzazmetals01.dds". So, options to fix are:

3) I believe I've seen a fix for this - but I honestly don't remember when and where, how it was called, and even if it is true...

Thanks

I'd had a look at the DCL textures folder, and saw those, so I'll try 'cutting them out', creating a small patch for myself with that appropriate folder structure, and see what happens ?

1 hour ago, DeWired said:

EDIT. Oh, wait, found it. Troubleshooting post. There is a file in "If you are using DD SE 5.0 / 5.1 and DCL 9.0" spoiler for when you AREN'T using DCL9.0.

Looked back to copy your suggestions and, Yay! for Edits!

TYVM! 

2 hours ago, DeWired said:

Thanks!  That seems to have fixed it - at least the ones I've been able to check

Should be up on the front page really, as it's not at all obvious or easy to find.   @Kimy Maybe something that might help?

So for the benefit of those yet to come .....

If your Prince (or Princess's) restraints have textures that look like they are coated in Purple Rain, and your game is running with DD5+, but without DCL, here's the little patch you need to turn off your tears of frustration, rage, and your general keyboard crashing, monitor smashing, fits of pique ?

Courtesy of @zarantha with a dollop of help from @DeWired

https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1139793

Edited by donkeywho
13 hours ago, nilead said:

I do appologise if question was covered, this topic is massive and searaching topics is kind of a pain on LL(

I found myself unable to completely disable animation filter that comes with the latest DD. Function to ignore it for creature animation works as intended, but humanoid animations still get filtered. despite bound animation option being unchecked. Is it supposed to only prevent searching for armbinder/yoke/etc animations?

Or is it supposed to completely bypass filtering, including belt/plugs blocking, and something i run (Furniture framowork/Sl util+ as suspects) interfere with it?

Starting with DD 5.0 the animation filter cannot be disabled. What unchecking gets you is that the device may be removed for the duration of the animation.

DD 5.0 changelog :
- Added: New library function StartValidDDAnimation() that will select and start a valid DD animation in a way that will not trigger the animation filter. The function will pre-apply most fallbacks the filter could, to maximize chances that a valid animation can be picked. DD mods are recommended to use this function to start sex scenes.
- Changed: Many animation filter improvements. The animation filter will now hide any wrist bindings when an animation involves creatures, to allow the filter to select valid animations.

- Changed: The DD animation filter can no longer be disabled, as it is essential for ensuring the game using correct animations for bound characters. Players who do not want to watch DD's limited choice of bound animations can still uncheck "Use Bound Animations" in MCM, which will make DD temporarily hide restraints that would normally require bound animations. In this case, the full selection of registered SLAL animations will be used. Restraints preventing certain kinds of intercourse (belts, gags, bras etc.) will still be respected.
- Changed: Several DD animations had some tags changed to improve animation filter behavior.

- Changed/Fixed: If the animation filter finds certain DD devices having no complete selection for animations available, it will now hide the restraints, if the first attempt to replace the animations fails.

- Fixed: The animation filter will no longer ignore blocked sex interactions when picking bound animations.

DD 5.1 changelog :

- Added: New MCM Toggle "Use Animation Filter for Creatures" that if disabled, will make DD bypass the animation filter completely when creatures are present in any animation. Otherwise, the filter will at least try to hide restraints etc. This toggle is meant as a debug/fallback solution if users are experiencing filter-related issues with creature animations.
- Fixed: The animation filter is now using a workaround preventing it from occasionally replacing animations when SexLab's internal state isn't ready for it. Stuck/Stacked/T-boned etc. animations should no longer happen.

- Fixed: The MCM "Use Bound Animations" toggle actually works now!

52 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Post #2 links to my troubleshooting post. That's as 'up front' as you're getting, but no one reads the first page anymore.

image.png.eb27a6612aed03e65d228d23a1a50906.png

You're right, of course, that's probably as good as it's going to get.  What I really meant was that these little patches might have been usefully included in the downloads, but, Hey-Ho ...

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

You're right, of course, that's probably as good as it's going to get.  What I really meant was that these little patches might have been usefully included in the downloads, but, Hey-Ho ...

I will add the patches from the post in the next version when it releases. I don't have control over the download page, so I just corralled it all into a post where I can update it as often as needed without pestering kimy all the time. as annoying as it is, it does work pretty well this way.

Having an issue, I’m not sure if it’s a dumb error. I am trying to run DD5.1 with a 3BBB body. I installed the “DCL-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches” and the “DD 4.3 AIO 3BA Bodyslide Files”. The devices are invisible on the PC but visible on NPC’s. The two patches where installed when I was troubleshooting but had no noticeable effect in the game. I don’t get any missing textures, I can hear the sounds the devise should make, and the PC gets put into the proper binding position. I didn’t read this whole form because its too long but I went through your troubleshooting post and couldn’t figure the problem out. Please help    

Hey I am having an issue with the tailplug which I use with S.L.U.T.S., when equipped it floats slightly above the ground, below my character, like in a straight line down from where it should be, and following it around. It does appear correctly when my character dies and ragdolls though. I tried to find someone with the same issues but everything I found was about it being invisible, which isn't the case here. 

Edited by Soli14
more details
6 minutes ago, aslab said:

Having an issue, I’m not sure if it’s a dumb error. I am trying to run DD5.1 with a 3BBB body. I installed the “DCL-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches” and the “DD 4.3 AIO 3BA Bodyslide Files”. The devices are invisible on the PC but visible on NPC’s. The two patches where installed when I was troubleshooting but had no noticeable effect in the game. I don’t get any missing textures, I can hear the sounds the devise should make, and the PC gets put into the proper binding position. I didn’t read this whole form because its too long but I went through your troubleshooting post and couldn’t figure the problem out. Please help    

did you rebuild the bodyslides using the 3bbb versions?

the dcl - zaz patch is for hdt smp on some chains, not for 3bbb

in the 3ba mcm, switch the slot used for physics to dd compatible.

if you are using dcl too, the patch for 3bbb is also in the troubleshooting post.

1 minute ago, Soli14 said:

Hey I am having an issue with the tailplug which I use with S.L.U.T.S., when equipped it floats slightly above the ground, below my character, like in a straight line down from where it should be, and following it around. It does appear correctly when my character dies and ragdolls though. I tried to find someone with the same issues but everything I found was about it being invisible, which isn't the case here. 

check to make sure hdt smp is installed and/or reinstall it. cbpc will not work.

41 minutes ago, zarantha said:

did you rebuild the bodyslides using the 3bbb versions?

the dcl - zaz patch is for hdt smp on some chains, not for 3bbb

in the 3ba mcm, switch the slot used for physics to dd compatible.

if you are using dcl too, the patch for 3bbb is also in the troubleshooting post.

Yes, almost all the DD devices are built in 3ba, except for the ones that only had an HDT options. I see in the MCM a “CBBE 3BBB add on” but no 3ba menu. I rebuilt the bodyslide just for good luck, yet the devices are still invisible.

43 minutes ago, zarantha said:

check to make sure hdt smp is installed and/or reinstall it. cbpc will not work.

Ah I didn't know you needed it, I installed it and it's fixed. Though somehow it seems to have broken the bridle, which is now invisible.

I continued the play through a little more and my PC got locked in an invisible devise for no apparent reason. Based on the animation it looked like an armbinder, maybe she was horny. She ended up getting fucked twice before being locked into a ZAZ wooden body lock that I was able to see. At this point I lost all control of the PC and was only able to look around. Is there a way to disable all random events?

Update - I figured out what caused the random events. Somehow, I let devious helpless slip into my load order.  I still can’t figure out why the DD meshes are invisible though.

Edited by aslab
5 hours ago, aslab said:

“CBBE 3BBB add on”

that's the 3ba mcm. check and try changing the slot there.

Build a problem outfit in bodyslide and check that it's outputing to the right path. don't batch build for this.

If there's still an issue, what is the in game name of the device?

13 hours ago, zarantha said:

Build a problem outfit in bodyslide and check that it's outputing to the right path. don't batch build for this.

Thanks for pointing me towards bodyslide, I can now see all devices from DD, and everything seems to work great, (except for upper arms coming out of the armbinder once in a while).  I was zapping the underwear off of lazman’s outfits (Female Outfit Replacer cbbe). In order to zap the panties, and check the box, “zap bottom” in bodyslide, (which only shows under lazman outfit).  I was batch building all my outfits with one of lazman’s outfits selected in outfit/body selection. I rebuilt DD devises under 3BBB body amazing and everything works great now.

1 hour ago, Mr.Pritish said:

Guys the devious devices not playing specific animations for them. While in pillory they played different normal animation and pillory got invisible help me set the animations for specific dd's.

Nothing for you to tweak in game, and it's sounding like the furniture animations are finicky. What you can do is go back to a save before it broke, and try to ensure no other mod will trigger an animation while in the furniture. If you are using a fnis and nemesis combo, i'd also recommend to try only using fnis.

Go through the troubleshooting post and make sure you're not using any of the mods known to cause issues.